Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Guild Ship Changes

So, if I understand correctly, you're removing most of the legacy amenities which, other than the resists, makes absolutely no sense at all (outside of wanting peeps to purchase shards).

But you're still not implementing the change I've been asking for forever: A guild message post, where guildies can leave messages for each other.

This update is looking pretty disappointing so far, with only the bank changes looking good.

Community Member

Okay I'm confused. Last I heard, that was not intended, they are only removing the Elemental Resists. ...?

I took a picture:

That's what should be available from the cargo amenity salesman when this update goes live. It includes all levels of the XP shrine, all travel NPCs, but NOT elemental resists, stat buffs and any NPCs that gave an actual buff to skills, damage, AC, DCs or whatever... although many of these did not stack with the new hold/stateroom amenities anyway.

In all fairness they have said in the past they wanted to remove the old buffs especially elemental resists. And while I am eternally grateful to have the mailbox/AH/tavern/bank/XP shrine back in the cargo hold it doesn't take a Kalashtar to realize that the removal of the ship elemental resists coincide somewhat conveniently with the new class Alchemist getting a self only buff that gives them a stacking alchemical (typed) elemental resistance that they cannot share with anyone else.

So the new class right out of the gate will be able to have better elemental resistance than anyone else. Also I noticed in the violet reaction state at some later stage in the game they get 10 + Triple their Alchemist Level to elemental resistance... for 12 seconds.

------------------------------------
    1st level Spell:

------------------------------------
    Reaction states at some point:
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    So the new class right out of the gate will be able to have better elemental resistance than anyone else.
    We based the numbers for that spell at half of the values for https://ddowiki.com/page/Resist_Energy (available in approximately every single spell list at spell levels 1 or 2), assuming that the self-only restriction and Mutation mechanic would compensate for the atypical typing.

If you think it's still too strong, please let us know!
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    We based the numbers for that spell at half of the values for https://ddowiki.com/page/Resist_Energy (available in approximately every single spell list at spell levels 1 or 2), assuming that the self-only restriction and Mutation mechanic would compensate for the atypical typing.

I think the self-only restriction is part of the problem. Self only means it is an exclusive buff to that class and only that class. There's quite a lot of self-only stuff to alchemist, making it one of the most self-centered classes.

The issue with the atypical typing is that any alchemist can quaff a regular elemental resist potion and be just that little bit more protected than everyone else and because the buff is self-only its also selfish. They get UMD so there's nothing preventing them from using wands of regular elemental resist and stacking it too. I think it would be better if they got the same elemental resistance spell as everyone else in the guise of this potion and then they would only be ahead elementally by the 12 second reaction buff (still pretty substantial).

Its not the most synergistic but I can imagine a Tiefling Alchemist with elemental resist out the wazoo, and evasion, and insightful reflexes, and a toggle that gives them +MRR and +MRR cap. Not to mention displacement, haste, improved stoneskin e.g. Goldskin (also self-only), and plenty of CC to cycle through. I'm sure I missed something but it all seems a little over the top when added together.
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

would it be too overpowered if elemental skin could be cast on others as well?

thematically, I like that it provides an alchemical bonus that stacks. I do not mind that alchemists have a little advantage in that regard with regards to elemental resist... it would be nice if that could be shared though.

it just would seem boring if that spell was just the same version as resist energy. ugh.

Systems Designer

I think the self-only restriction is part of the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Graskitch View Post
    Hmm, didn't think of it like this. I'll run this by the team tomorrow morning, good stuff.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Community Member

I took a picture:

That's what should be available from the cargo amenity salesman when this update goes live. It includes all levels of the XP shrine, all travel NPCs, but NOT elemental resists, stat buffs and any NPCs that gave an actual buff to skills, damage, AC, DCs or whatever... although many of these did not stack with the new hold/stateroom amenities anyway.
    Thanks Aelonwy. And I just chatted with your other half in the Hall of Heroes. How cool is that?

Re Travel NPCs....meh. We are ditching them because they are too expensive and hardly anyone uses them. We shouldn't expect new cargo amenities, should we?

While they are revamping Guild Ships, I wish they would put a login spawn in the cargo hold instead of top deck.

I have alts and mules parked inside the House K bank because, even though they are Guilded, it's quicker bank access than moving through the ship door and descending down to the banker.

It seems minor, but when you are "tooning" (vault storage maintenance) it adds ups significantly. And the mules still have to schlep back over to an Airship Tower to meet up with a guildie for trading.

No biggie but, big inconvenience.

Doesn't everyone move from deck spawn down to cargo hold anyway? I wonder how many hamster lives it would save to move the login spawn below decks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisulven7 View Post
    Thanks Aelonwy. And I just chatted with your other half in the Hall of Heroes. How cool is that?
    I read this and my first thought was... "he must have run into hubby on the way to KotB". But you meant the cosmetic vendor. Its very cool. I am deeply honored. It was also a nod to Maelodic too.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by OfElectricMen View Post
    So, if I understand correctly, you're removing most of the legacy amenities which, other than the resists, makes absolutely no sense at all
    The resists have been talked to death, but I'm still waiting to hear any reasoning from the devs on why they need to remove the Battlemaster or Entertainer or Wizard. It can't even be to drive shard-based-buff sales, since these buffs are not available in the "new" system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

2014 DDO Players Council

But it stacks with the regular Resist Energy! So it's automatically stronger, because you'll have both.

Which is the same reason complaining about the non-stacking Resist buffs in the "old" guild system, but adding in stacking buffs in the "new" system made no sense. Even without the legacy resists, which are completed duplicated by mid-level and surpassed at high level, the "new" guild buffs provide more total energy resistance than was ever available before them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisulven7 View Post
    Re Travel NPCs....meh. We are ditching them because they are too expensive and hardly anyone uses them. We shouldn't expect new cargo amenities, should we?
    I really wish DDO would just get rid of the monthly plat renewal system for the remaining Cargo Hold (non-buff) amenities altogether. Either make them one-time purchases for platinum and/or Astral Shards, or make the amenities permanent, static features of all Guild airship Cargo Holds.

I also mentioned in an earlier thread on this subject that SSG should use the removal of the Cargo Hold buffs as an opportunity to make a final pass on the airships, adding missing Hold Room and State Room amenities in the "new" system and including other airship features. This final pass probably won't happen with Update 45, but would hopefully happen with Update 46 or Update 47.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    The resists have been talked to death, but I'm still waiting to hear any reasoning from the devs on why they need to remove the Battlemaster or Entertainer or Wizard. It can't even be to drive shard-based-buff sales, since these buffs are not available in the "new" system.
    The change appears to be so that mid and low level guilds will be forced to buy a ship with shards if they want to be able to offer a good variety of buffs. There is certainly no balance reason for it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by yfernbottom View Post
    The change appears to be so that mid and low level guilds will be forced to buy a ship with shards if they want to be able to offer a good variety of buffs. There is certainly no balance reason for it.

Even owning tavern and Orien deed on 2 servers. The cargo hold is where it's all at.

For 1995 shards I cant tell you how to bang in some shards. Even after first legit in game low level shard making scheme got Lynnanerfed. (+200 power aug's from the shadeshood you are dearly missed.) OG like me still has a few stashed in safe houses.

You want to bang a Kraken and the Amenities in one event? I am sure you do. Step one get on a Server with some whales. Step 2. Farm a event like Night Revels till your eyes bleed and you hate the sight of the event. Step 3. Take the goods to market. Step 4 profit.

My best bottom girl Dnaria got me a Kraken for the yell of it. What was I going to do with 4000 shards? Rigged gold rolls?

Because I posted this. Expect this method to be Lynnanerfed. He don't like it when anybody but SSG milks the whales.
    Last edited by Dnarth; 01-29-2020 at 11:27 PM.

dnarth!

how come you never invite me over to your cargo hold then! I want to get down and dirty too, if that is where stealthsiren has been hiding.

Community Member

Since the resist buffs are going away, is there any chance of removing the minimum guild level requirements from "store-bought" amenities?

There are a lot of small/family/solo/casual guilds out there that are going to get hit by this change and not everyone wants to join a level 200 guild just to get access to buffs. You can keep the requirements on looted/traded deeds plus the "big guilds" will still have their bragging rights and global announcements but at least others will have some sort of access to the buffs.

Community Member

thematically, I like that it provides an alchemical bonus that stacks. I do not mind that alchemists have a little advantage in that regard with regards to elemental resist... it would be nice if that could be shared though.

it just would seem boring if that spell was just the same version as resist energy. ugh.
    I generally agree, here. I don't see why X class having Y better than other Z classes is a problem. That's part of class identity. I mean, they are _alchemists_, dealing with all manner of substances and concoctions, resistances to all manner makes sense enough to me and makes something stand out. Simply being "the same" is exactly what makes classes boring as all get out.

I like that it's self only as well. Too many buffs just become a enter-quest-cast-xyz-steamroll.

Also, legacy elemental resists have needed to go for a long time, like it or not. The other stuff.. I mean, it should be available to everyone or noone.

Azerraak, you can get the Platinum Elemental +[5/10/15] Resistances Rooms by Guild Level: 10: Sign of the Silver Flame I, Shrine to the Devourer I, Stormreaver Memorial I. Level ten is a Guild Level, which shouldn't take too long to reach especially if you can run Sagas, taking the Guild Renown End Reward.

Certainly the higher tiers of those rooms will take considerable time for any casual guild perhaps two or three years.

Our guild is casual with currently around two active members and we're at Guild: 120, we've never been VIP and only purchased the two old Expansions (you cannot get via DP). Currently we average slightly over one Guild Level per month. We have a 4,000 AS Daedalean Kraken, and all rooms to their current maximum, which we got by selling generic (none named) complete junk on the ASAH within one year, and some Favour bot grinding.

I will acknowledge the Guilds that are affected the most from the changes are those without the capability to level the guild at a reasonable rate. Or don't have the funds or more specifically the means to purchase the Larger Airships to accommodate all the rooms they could afford to acquire (assuming they want lots of buffs). By Guild Level 50 you can purchase most of the useful rooms anyway if you're talking about the "buff" aspect.

Deeds that can be purchased on the Auction Houses have minimum level requirements. Therefore it'd not be very logical, to have a system where the Deeds maintain a Minimum Guild Level whereas the Store purchased Amenity doesn't. The majority of rooms are actually Platinum based purchases.

Guild Airship (Cargo Hold) Amenities that are meant to be present in U45:

Crew:
    • Navigator Contract: Artleblart
    • Navigator Contract: Pawlo Mapmaker
    • Training Dummy Blueprints
    • Twelve Planescaller Contract
    • Xorian Navigator Contract: Xathrizopkrsis

Small Amenities:
    • Coin Lords Auctioneer Contract
    • Free Agents Tavern Contract
    • Kundarak Banker Contract
    • Orien Mailbox Contract
    • Small Guild Chest Contract
    • Special Access Small Guild Chest 1 (Astral Shards)
    • Special Access Small Guild Chest 2 (Astral Shards)

Large Amenities:
    • Altar of Devastation Contract
    • Altar of Epic Rituals Contract
    • Altar of Invasion Contract
    • Altar of Subjugation Contract
    • Device Workstation Contract
    • Large Guild Chest Contract
    • Minor Experience Shrine Rental Contract (1% XP)
    • Lesser Experience Shrine Rental Contract (2% XP)
    • Experience Shrine Rental Contract (3% XP)
    • Greater Experience Shrine Rental Contract (4% XP)
    • Major Experience Shrine Rental Contract (5% XP)
    • Stone of Change Contract
    • Special Access Large Guild Chest 1 (Astral Shards)
    • Special Access Large Guild Chest 2 (Astral Shards)

Clan Gnashtooth Kobold Shaman Contract <Vaeri Lejirastrix> (Astral Shards) version, is erroneously purchasable in: U45, Preview 2. However, Lynnabel or one of her colleagues will have probably expelled him by U45 release date.
    Last edited by DYWYPI; 01-30-2020 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Cargo.

Community Member

dnarth!

how come you never invite me over to your cargo hold then! I want to get down and dirty too, if that is where stealthsiren has been hiding.
    I don't know where he hides. He is the best at hide and seek. That and I haven't logged on much.

An undisclosed location. I asked my captors but they remain tight lipped.

Hmm, didn't think of it like this. I'll run this by the team tomorrow morning, good stuff.
    It may be asking too much but could this aspect of Alchemist be given an AOE splash that grants elemental resists? It would hasten the "gather for buffs".

Am I asking for too much?
    I think I'm asking for too much...
    Sometimes I'm too clever for my own good. Bear in mind I'm probably trying to be humorous. Like dodge, it's hit or miss.// Looking for a guild on Orien? Send a tell or mail to Magnifique to join the "Fidelic Brotherhood".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast