Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Aasimar is the best choice for anyone who goes "OH NO! I NEED HEALING!!!" in the middle of a quest and doesn't have a button attached to their class or Epic Destiny to get that healing.

(And I'd consider UMD at level 11+ to count as that kind of healing ability, so Sorcerer, Warlock, and anyone with UMD class skill doesn't necessarily need Aasimar)
    Heal Scrolls aren't enough as they are a 110 * Heal Amp for HP. 110 * 2.75 = 302, and require 40 UMD, which is easy to reach for UMD jobs, harder for everyone else until mid epics.

The import key about all this is reaper self healing penalties. At R1 it's -60%, R2 is -64, R3 is -68 and so forth until R10 is -96%. Notice how ridiculously large the Healing Hands was? Now start applying reaper reduction and we can see that it's still a full heal even in mid to high reaper, which is the entire point. For anyone that's going to be anywhere remotely near the monsters at R5 or higher, Healing Hands is practically a requirement to not get turned into a Soul Stone.
    Illustration of a Gnome Inquisitive!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    What is the best way to provide feedback on the thrown weapon bugs that I found so that they will be useful for a dev to look at when there is time?

Or is THF taking enough attention currently that I should save the thrown weapon bug reporting for after U45 is released? (serious question - I'm not trying to be sarcastic with this. I know that the THF changes are a lot of work)
    Are you referring to Attack Speed or Attack animation's not going off?

If attack speed I would say that a lot of feedback and test's have been provided in other threads. The ranged alacrity for throwers seems out of whack, the 15% speed from Vile Chemist seems to do nothing if you already have the normal sources slotted in, but none of the sources for alacrity for throwers does what it says.
    The same seems true for the new Deepwood Stalker enhancement they added, if you have Chaosbow equipped it has no effect.

Not sure if there is some sort of hard cap for alacrity that's getting hit or what, but seems weird to put new features in that does nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Yo, buy Aasimar, yo.

Why on earth do you think there needs to balance between all races? I expect races I have to pay for to be significantly better than free ones.
    You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I have everything unlocked and I strongly disagree. I want new races to have unique powers and feel, but I don't want them to be "better."
    Sabbath - Sarlona

Quote Originally Posted by palladin9479 View Post
    Halfling

Level 1 Core: Halfling Luck : +1 to all Saving Throws
    Level 7 Core: Halfling Luck : +1 to all Saving Throws
    Level 16 Core: Halfling Luck : +1 to all Saving Throws

Hmm ... +3 Saving Throws or ... the ability to instantly heal thousands of HP.

Gnome

Level 1 Core: Gnomish Perseverance : +1 Dodge, +1 Use Magic Device
    Level 7 Core: Gnomish Perseverance: +1 Dodge, +1 Use Magic Device
    Level 16 Core: Scrolls: Retain Essence: You gain a 15% racial bonus to your odds of retaining a copy of a Scroll when using it.
    +2 Dodge, +1 Use Magic Device

Hmm ... +3 UMD and a small chance to not burn one of your 99 scrolls or ... the ability to instant heal thousands of HP.
    You've made an excellent point of showing your bias. Halfling and Gnome both have powerful racial enhancements in the form of Halfling's Dragonmark of Healing and Gnome's Wand and Scroll Mastery. With Wand and Scroll Mastery and a reasonable amount of healing amplification (paladin past lives plus the Mysterious Cloak/Bracers) you can easily heal yourself through low skull Reaper. Plus with the UMD bonuses you receive it's very easy to get heal scrolls as soon as they unlock. Halfling's Dragonmark of Healing has almost the same degree of effectiveness but with the added caveat that you will have to use rest shrines to get charges back whereas Gnome can just zerg.
    Last edited by Ryiah; 02-03-2020 at 03:59 PM.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    The Band of Gypsys

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ryiah View Post
    You've made an excellent point of showing your bias. Halfling and Gnome both have powerful racial enhancements in the form of Halfling's Dragonmark of Healing and Gnome's Wand and Scroll Mastery. With Wand and Scroll Mastery and a reasonable amount of healing amplification (paladin past lives plus the Mysterious Cloak/Bracers) you can easily heal yourself through low skull Reaper. Plus with the UMD bonuses you receive it's very easy to get heal scrolls as soon as they unlock. Halfling's Dragonmark of Healing has almost the same degree of effectiveness but with the added caveat that you will have to use rest shrines to get charges back whereas Gnome can just zerg.
    I was just showing the racial cores, the things you can get with pitiful investments.

And I did use healing amp, a lot of healing amp in my calculations.

Heal Scroll = CL 11 = 110 * 2.75 (175 Heal Amp) = 302 HP healed. Wand / Scroll mastery, largely considered a wasted investment by the people who actually play high difficulty, brings the total to 529 HP. R1 reduces that by 60% to 211 HP healed. No where near enough compared to Healing Hands doing several thousand.

Halfing's Dragon mark is terribad until the T3 with Heal. That one's actually worth a **** but requires 12 AP to get and most importantly spending a feat.

If you bothered to actually read what I wrote, I said Aasimar's Healing Hands should be moved to T2/3/4, which aligns with Halfings Healing. That wasn't on accident.

150 * 5.0 * (400 positive spell power is decent on a non-caster build) 2.75 = 2062 HP * 0.4 = 825.

Halfing vs Aasimar
    1 Feat + 12 Racial HP vs 0 Feat + 7 Racial AP.

Not to mention Aasimar gets alot more then just that Healing Hands, HH is just broken as it stands.
    Last edited by palladin9479; 02-03-2020 at 05:04 PM.

Founder
    Dryad Wannabe

The KoTC paladin enhancements that do light damage, I know you plan to increase it to 200% of melee power from 100%, I suggest double the core base values and keep the melee power scaling the same as lower level players don't really benefit from 200% melee power when they barely have none to begin with, they are losing double the light based damage (with the chance to get glancing blows gone) and gaining a percentage of a number that does very little at lower level. Whatever you do, consider the removal of glancing blows for strike through an how it greatly reduces the KotC multi-target damage. Its a change for every class, but it hurts the paladin in a way that no other class deals with.

Given the loss of glancing blows and light damage applied to them, I suggest you increase the W multiplier on the cleave attacks to provide some compensation. Maybe the first cleave is 5W damage and the second one gives +100 strikethough for 6 seconds. In the SaD tree, also give +100 strikethrough at Core 4 *if you are using a shield*. I'm asking for a lot, but your taking away a lot with no more Sword and Board glancing blows, or glancing blows in general and the light damage applied to it. Do something comparable for the druid bear and fighter trees.

I like the intelligent role play element of most of the other changes, thank you for being thoughtful about that.

Default Stacking tactical dc

Sorry if this has been asked but I did not have time to read through 15 pages of reply’s.

Battle Trance: You gain an Insight bonus to Attack, Damage, and the DC of tactical feats equal to 1/2 of your Charisma modifier for 30/60/120 seconds."

Will this stack with Cormyrian knight Training.

You now use Charisma or Strength, whichever is higher, for attack and damage with shortswords, longswords, bastard swords, and greatswords.
    In addition, as long as your Charisma remains higher than your Strength and you are wielding one of the above weapons, you receive a bonus to the DCs of your Tactical Feats equal to 1/3 your Charisma modifier.
    Officer of D.W.A.T.
    Dalton/Galinar/Kelthon/Thurm/Aleq/Velthon/Gruuden/Brootis/Tovarr

I was just showing the racial cores, the things you can get with pitiful investments.
    Gnome's Wand and Scroll Mastery is a 4 AP investment.

Heal Scroll = CL 11 = 110 * 2.75 (175 Heal Amp) = 302 HP healed. Wand / Scroll mastery, largely considered a wasted investment by the people who actually play high difficulty, brings the total to 529 HP. R1 reduces that by 60% to 211 HP healed. No where near enough compared to Healing Hands doing several thousand.
    A couple hundred is very powerful when combined with a solid build and reasonable gear set.

If you bothered to actually read what I wrote
    I'm completely aware of what you wrote. I'm simply saying that to balance racial enhancements properly you need to look at the entire tree. Because the developers are constantly changing where they place things as time goes on. What is in the cores now wasn't always in the cores and vice versa.
    Last edited by Ryiah; 02-03-2020 at 06:34 PM.
    Ryiah | Raeyah | Reikara
    The Band of Gypsys

Founder
    Dryad Wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by Galinar View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked but I did not have time to read through 15 pages of reply’s.

Battle Trance: You gain an Insight bonus to Attack, Damage, and the DC of tactical feats equal to 1/2 of your Charisma modifier for 30/60/120 seconds."

Will this stack with Cormyrian knight Training.

You now use Charisma or Strength, whichever is higher, for attack and damage with shortswords, longswords, bastard swords, and greatswords.
    In addition, as long as your Charisma remains higher than your Strength and you are wielding one of the above weapons, you receive a bonus to the DCs of your Tactical Feats equal to 1/3 your Charisma modifier.
    I'd see if this shows up on the effects tab when you log in, if it says you get an insight bonus, it won't stack. Unfortunately the description says nothing about what type of bonus it is. If it is an insight bonus, maybe they will consider changing it to racial.

Community Member

Dear Lynn,

This thread was supposed to be for KOTC and I consistently see THF and other things in it and I would like to ask you if you are going to compensate the loss of DPS for SWF and S&B paladins (since this is supposed to be a paladin pass or tell me if I am wrong).
    I know that it is KOTC but it really fells that Single Weapon Fighting Style players and Sword and Board players are going to be behind in the way they perform with their characters.

Would you please finally respond to any of my posts?

Is there going to be any compensation?
    Would it be possible to bring the Holy Sword for the shield users?
    And would the SWF would get a 0.25 ability to damage increase?

All the best,

Malvito.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scortius View Post
    Re: "It's there to make sure you can't get it until you can use it." This also has the effect of making it hard to splash- getting a T4 ability means you're 20-something points into the tree.

So it comes off the list of something 2- or 3-splashes can ever access, or even something that a build invested in another tree could use when running Shadow Crypt or the Orchard quests.

Turn is already moderately hard to achieve usefulness with, and this raises the costs up into the quixotic flavor-build zones.

I hope making turn ineffective wasn't on the "List of Goals," so I'm taking this as an unintended consequence.
    They could bring it down to T3. While you can't access T4 without having four levels of a particular class, you can't access them in general until you're lvl 6 anyways (lvl 5 only gives you 20 pts). Bringing it down to T3 allows access to it immediately upon reaching lvl 4. It would also allow the ability to be more splashable for instances where you can get TU elsewhere, such as from Clr or from Divine Crusader.

Everfull Flagon w/ my Eternal Mug of Mead

Quote Originally Posted by Malusny View Post
    DWould it be possible to bring the Holy Sword for the shield users?
    It used to by mistake, that was corrected a while back.

S&B will have their day,

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Under no circumstances will tomorrow's work "fix lag".

I just had a realisation that the new Divine Might is also a potential nerf to tactics, isn't it?

I mean, one of my Paladins with Dire Charge uses not only Legendary Celestial Ruby Ring for Stunning +23 enhancement bonus, but a Cannith Trinket with Insightful Stunning +8 on it as well. We some of that by slotting Ins Strength +10 for an effective +5 DC to Tactics, but this is another area where itemisation will again hold back the New Divine Might vs. the Old Divine Might, as Ins Strength won't match up to either the bonuses for Ins Stunning or Insightful Combat Mastery items.
    Quote Originally Posted by twinstronglord View Post
    Up to this point we've all been beating around the bush. Lolth has a very small box in which you can hit her.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arlathen View Post
    I just had a realisation that the new Divine Might is also a potential nerf to tactics, isn't it?

I mean, one of my Paladins with Dire Charge uses not only Legendary Celestial Ruby Ring for Stunning +23 enhancement bonus, but a Cannith Trinket with Insightful Stunning +8 on it as well. We some of that by slotting Ins Strength +10 for an effective +5 DC to Tactics, but this is another area where itemisation will again hold back the New Divine Might vs. the Old Divine Might, as Ins Strength won't match up to either the bonuses for Ins Stunning or Insightful Combat Mastery items.
    Yes the Divine Might nerf is an across the board nerf to KoTC and while we've tried feeding different idea's to Lynn and friends I doubt their going to do anything much beyond what's already announced on here. If they were planning on doing something positive they would of provided that via feedback, if they were planning on doing nothing else or nerf even harder then they won't provide any feedback.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415