Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Malusny View Post
    Hi,

Since many weapons get that, would you be able to make the shields also to be a Favorite Weapon choice? Or to add something that would include shields. That could compensate for the loss of DPS on characters that like to use a shield. I spoke to a few players about this and they think it wouldn't be a bad idea.
    Or you could bring back the Holy Sword spell working on shields again.

We see many splashed builds nowadays and it would be great to have something worth playing for those who still want to go pure Paladin.

Of course, choosing a Shield as a Favorite weapon, would disallow choosing any other weapon. I would be grateful for some feedback from any of the Devs.

Cheers.

That honestly sounds like something that could easily fit into the vanguard tree. Would also help to differentiate F. Van and P. Van

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Sure thing. 10/level? That would be 4x its current value. Unlikely to give Melee Power due to conflicts with Divine Crusader... I'd much rather keep this spell as a defensively oriented safety measure than a generic offensive buff.
    10/level plus CHA/WIS score? Give it a little scaling?

That should make it scale a little better into Epic (where attributes get hyperinflated) but not make it overtuned for Heroic (where Clvl is going to be much more of a factor)

10/level with 100 CHA at L30 would yield 400 HP bubble; I dont think that's out of line for a high-level Divine spell, and comparable to, say, Shining Through, and exactly what Blood Tribute gives at L30. At L14 when you first unlock it as a Pal, you're looking at maybe 40 CHA, for 180 HP, still seems OK.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Honestly, yes, that's much more likely than me changing Stalwart Pact (a defensively oriented spell) into something more offensive.

Any suggestions on the name?

EDIT: too late, Torc approved "Righteous Indignation" so I'm going for it. It'll be the same level as Stalwart Pact and provide what Stalwart Pact did in the first preview.
    I know it would have to be weaker, but I kind of wish you’d make it a level 2 spell. Even with current changes that spell level is a wasteland. The only reason I fill all my slots is so I stop getting the message about unprepared spells.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    I know it would have to be weaker, but I kind of wish you’d make it a level 2 spell. Even with current changes that spell level is a wasteland. The only reason I fill all my slots is so I stop getting the message about unprepared spells.
    Eh, it scales per caster level, not too worried about multiclasses here. I can probably swing it at level 2.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by palladin9479 View Post
    I don't fault you, most people forget about this.

https://ddowiki.com/page/Damage

https://ddowiki.com/page/Greater_Single_Weapon_Fighting

Both of those are 1.5 multipliers. THF's multiplier is getting raised to 3.0 and they don't want STR damage bonus to explode in power growth due to this. This is why I asked for the multiplier on Divine Might to be changed from 1/2 to 3/4, it large preserves current functionality while also being a slight bump to TWF and Shield styles.
    Ah right thanks (to everyone who mentioned it)

I like to use SWF (don't think it's better, just like the animation better) so never thought about the multiplier.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Default Stalwart Pact

Sure thing. 10/level? That would be 4x its current value... I'd much rather keep this spell as a defensively oriented safety measure than a generic offensive buff.
    Stalwart Pact is in an odd spot; there's a huge gap between how effective a flat HP bonus is for a squishy backline character and a tankier frontline character.

For backline characters like most Cleric/FvS, buffing Stalwart Pact is incredibly good; a capped Cleric with 1200 HP gaining +300 is a huge survivability buff (given backline characters rarely are being focused) at the cost of only a 5th level slot (where there's frankly no competition). You can pick it up around level 9-13 (FvS will probably delay a little), and it'll be useful from there on. It's almost too good to be true.

For Paladins/frontliners, buffing it to 10/level almost isn't enough; you grab it at level 19 minimum, given Zeal + Holy Sword, which means you only use it in epics (given most people bank 19) and it's only an option for pure builds. It's also competing with Deathward, Restoration, and CSW for your 2 available 4th level slots assuming a pure build. Also, as a (generally) frontline character which will often break 2k HP at cap those +300 will provide only a very small cushion.

My suggestions:
    • Make Stalwart Pact a 3rd level spell for Paladins (so they get it earlier at much less opportunity cost)
    • Give it some sort of scaling effectiveness (~25% temp HP, coded similarly to Stanch, probably with a debuff preventing recast per X time?)
    • Make it a self-only spell (if I cast it on my 400-HP level 30 guildy's toon giving +300 temps seems excessive for a 5th level spell)

Thanks for listening to my TED talk
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Member

Are the pally cleaves going to be affected by speed, doublestrike, and adrenaline like they should be? Would like a dev response about cleaves

Community Member

Eh, it scales per caster level, not too worried about multiclasses here. I can probably swing it at level 2.
    Hey lynn anyway you all can look into making buffs on the buff bar organize by duration? It would help with all these short term buff management. Heck can you get the minus buff signal when a buff drops off to show up all of the time rather than occasionally?

Why change back stalwart spell?
    Pally need more dps, not more minor defence.

Plz plz revert back

Community Member

I felt that changing its functionality to be too far removed from Pen and Paper would be a disservice. If there's a way I can make the current functionality more fun numbers-wise, I'm all ears.
    Any chance you could make Stalwart Pact Temp hp Charisma bonus * Paladin level? That would keep it useful in future content.

Alternately make it scale with devotion spell power.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetic View Post
    Any chance you could make Stalwart Pact Temp hp Charisma bonus * Paladin level? That would keep it useful in future content.

Alternately make it scale with devotion spell power.
    I'm more on the Devotion train here, especially since it's also a Cleric spell.

I don't really want big numbers NAO. What I need is a spell that'll scale with the ever-increasing power creep in a meaningful way.

Ideally, it'd scale off the target or the caster's max HP, since the effect triggers using that.
    Another idea would be giving Sacred Defender an enhancement that does that. I wouldn't mind it being T5, it's definitely a Pala-tank's job to keep the group alive even when he doesn't manage to get aggro, and this helps them make their allies temporarily as tough as they are, which is very thematic.

Plus, it wouldn't screw up anything for pure DPS paladins, that'd still get the nice basic version of the spell, or pure Clerics, that would still get a buff to a normally lackluster spell.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Awesome!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    Clearly, you're correct.

However, my goal wasn't to comment on it being moved to 4th tier. It was to comment on why it was moved out of the 1st tier.
    He's literally just saying what the release notes say. He's not answering your question with his opinion. He's answering your question with the official opinion. This next part is me pasting words out of the actual notes on the Dev OP out of the "list of goals"

Move abilities in the tree that augment Paladin feats out of tiers where you don't have the feat yet (Remove Disease, Turn Undead, etc)

And so, when do you get Turn Undead? Level 4. What level do you need to be to use Tier 4 abilities? Level 4.
    It's there to make sure you can't get it until you can use it. As per the Official Dev designed "List of goals"

Now I agree with you that it maybe is not strong enough to warrant Tier 4. But that IS the Dev Official answer.
    Server: Thelanis - Characters Main: Rusttttt, Sepiaaaaa, Amethysttttt - Other Alts: Flameeeee, Siennaaaaa, Rougeeeee, Roseeeee, Wineeeee, Marigolddddd, Zaffreeeee, Wisteriaaaaa, Scarlettttt, Rufousssss, Lilaccccc, Puceeeee, Azureeeee, Orchiddddd, Sinopiaaaaa, Amaranthhhhh, Violettttt, Umberrrrr, Tawnyyyyy, And More! Literally too many for the Signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    [*]Stalwart Pact has returned to its original functionality, now grants 5 temp HP per level instead of every 2 levels, and provides a +2 luck bonus to AC instead of DR 5/magic
    Oh come on. Yes, there were the standard few people insisting that they love some random garbage spell/ability, but please bring back the melee power buff. Are you really going to take 20 melee power away because of some obviously unrepresentative and misguided feedback?

Edit:
    I felt that changing its functionality to be too far removed from Pen and Paper would be a disservice. If there's a way I can make the current functionality more fun numbers-wise, I'm all ears.
    A 20+ point swing in melee power was based entirely on flavor text? Seriously? Add it back to something that you like the flavor of....
    Last edited by SerPounce; 01-28-2020 at 07:52 PM.
    Sabbath - Sarlona

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Khurse View Post
    Ah right thanks (to everyone who mentioned it)

I like to use SWF (don't think it's better, just like the animation better) so never thought about the multiplier.
    SWF and S&B are actually Paladin's two best DPS setups. SWF gets a 30% attack speed boost on KT boosted Longsword, 1.5 damage from STR, 19~20 vorpal, gives you an off hand orb slot, and has very low prereqs for a feat starved class. Sword and Board is similar except only a 20% attack speed boost on the KT boosted Longsword no bonus stat damage or vorpal but a shield bash every 1 second. The shield bash will do seriously insane damage because the Vanguard enhancement tree has a bunch of +1W boosts to it.

This thing exists

Base is 3.5W with 1W = 2D10+10 (average 21 damage)
    Crit is 18-20/x3

Tree gives +3W, +1 Crit Range +1 Crit Multiplier

The result is 6.5W[2D10+10] 17-20/x4

Add in the +1W monk twist and your at 7.5[2D10+10]

For comparisons, Soulrazor has 7[1D8+3].

Going Divine Crusader, which works really well with Paladin, gives you another +1 critical thread range to both main weapon and shield bash.

Community Member

Any word on fixing the nerf to Divine Might?

Community Member

Can we get shield of faith and the spirit animal buffs overhauled too? Animal buffs to sacred and shield of faith scale with cl/2 and suddenly they are all useful.

Community Member

Can you add +1,1,1, KOTC bonus to str,cha,wis, to cores 1,2,5, please to make up for Divine Might losing str please?

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

Here's our current plan for KOTC for Update 45. Our goals are to:

Increase the overall viability of DPS Weapon-based Paladins

Knight of the Chalice:

Cores:

• Light Damage in the Cores now scales with 200% Melee or Ranged Power, in addition to other changes below.
    • Core 1: +1 KOTC bonus to str,cha or wis.
    • Core 2: +1 KOTC bonus to str,cha or wis.
    • Core 3: In addition to what this already does, you also gain +3 Remove Disease Charges and your Remove Disease now applies Greater Restoration to your target.
    • Core 4: In addition to what this already does: Sealed Life: Immunity to Energy Drain.
    • Core 5: +1 KOTC bonus to str,cha or wis.
    • Core 6: In addition to what this already does: Your Aura of Courage now grants allies a +3% Sacred Bonus to melee and ranged damage. Blessed Purpose now stacks up to 25 times. +10 Ranged Power.

Community Member

+3 Strength won't mean much, we're talking damage differences worth 20~30 Strength. They need to raise the bonus multiplier from 0.5 to 0.75.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thar View Post
    Spell Changes:

Angelskin Now grants +1 Sacred bonus to AC and +1 Racial bonus to PRR per caster level.

angelskin - why racial?
    I can't find if anyone actually answered this one for you, so I will.

On Lam run 1 it was a Sacred bonus to PRR, but also a Paladin's defensive stance if one was inclined to take that from Sacred Defender, gives a Sacred bonus to PRR. They don't stack. So the original "+20 Angelskin PRR" resulted in a lovely "+0" while in stance.
    Server: Thelanis - Characters Main: Rusttttt, Sepiaaaaa, Amethysttttt - Other Alts: Flameeeee, Siennaaaaa, Rougeeeee, Roseeeee, Wineeeee, Marigolddddd, Zaffreeeee, Wisteriaaaaa, Scarlettttt, Rufousssss, Lilaccccc, Puceeeee, Azureeeee, Orchiddddd, Sinopiaaaaa, Amaranthhhhh, Violettttt, Umberrrrr, Tawnyyyyy, And More! Literally too many for the Signature!

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast