Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 187
  1. #161
    Systems Designer
    Lynnabel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    game/cdb/effect/effects-property-2.cdb
    Posts
    2,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlmGhandi View Post
    Thoughts?
    Are all those old ghostbane random loots from back when Feather of Sun was actively posting here going to be updated with this change.
    Asking for a friend....
    No, this is only for items with Scaling Ghostbane - xd10 damage dice, previously mentioned Incorp monsters, will now work on all Undead. 2016-onwards.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

  2. #162
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Thoughts?
    Bane vs Incorp + Ghost Touch is useful for Reapers, who are Incorp but not Undead. Arguably, while both are useful, a lot more people are going to care about efficacy vs Reapers than Undead. Reapers are in every quest played in Reaper, while Undead are only in certain ones, and while more plentiful usually arent as much of a threat.

    Maybe add Ghost Touch to Incorp Bane too, considering its largely pointless vs Incorp monsters without it? That way, Incorp Bane would be for Reaper beaters, and Ghostbane for actual Ghost beaters. Then Undead Bane when you want to leave ghosts their incorp and make the players address it elsewhere.
    Last edited by droid327; 02-04-2020 at 01:39 PM.

  3. #163
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    31

    Default Epic Club of the Holy Flame?

    I have not seen an epic Club of the Holy Flame mentioned in the new loot for the Delera's Tomb update? Did I miss it?

    https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Club_of_the_Holy_Flame

  4. #164
    Community Member AlmGhandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w
    Posts
    743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    No, this is only for items with Scaling Ghostbane - xd10 damage dice, previously mentioned Incorp monsters, will now work on all Undead. 2016-onwards.
    Could they have a different name then?
    Too much ghostbane going around and getting confusing...…….

    EDIT "Spiritbane!" "Wraithbane" "Umsisi" or something...
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

  5. #165
    Community Member AlmGhandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w
    Posts
    743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morrell View Post
    I have not seen an epic Club of the Holy Flame mentioned in the new loot for the Delera's Tomb update? Did I miss it?

    https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Club_of_the_Holy_Flame
    that was a very basic chance to give the players a chance at getting a "good" weapon to stand a chance against the ghostly skeletons...
    by Epic levels I think people should all have other options available....
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

  6. #166
    Systems Designer
    Lynnabel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    game/cdb/effect/effects-property-2.cdb
    Posts
    2,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Bane vs Incorp + Ghost Touch is useful for Reapers, who are Incorp but not Undead. Arguably, while both are useful, a lot more people are going to care about efficacy vs Reapers than Undead. Reapers are in every quest played in Reaper, while Undead are only in certain ones, and while more plentiful usually arent as much of a threat.
    This is factually true, but when I want to build weapons in a pack of Undead, I want them to actually hurt Undead. This is a time where I honestly believe that flavor trumps objective usability. Reapers are more dangerous than the average Undead, but this isn't a Reaperbane weapon - it's a Ghostbane weapon. Ghostbane has historically been all about Undead.

    Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Maybe add Ghost Touch to Incorp Bane too, considering its largely pointless vs Incorp monsters without it? That way, Incorp Bane would be for Reaper beaters, and Ghostbane for actual Ghost beaters. Then Undead Bane when you want to leave ghosts their incorp and make the players address it elsewhere.
    I'm not actually sure we use flat Incorp Bane anywhere. Let me do some snooping.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

  7. #167
    Community Member AlmGhandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w
    Posts
    743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Ghostbane has historically been all about Undead.
    Your Ghostbane is a new effect. Either update all the old ghostbane weapons or come up with a new name, I say!

    EDIT or with my FOTS ghostbane collection I shall wreak havoc on the auction house!
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

  8. #168
    Systems Designer
    Lynnabel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    game/cdb/effect/effects-property-2.cdb
    Posts
    2,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlmGhandi View Post
    Your Ghostbane is a new effect. Either update all the old ghostbane weapons or come up with a new name, I say!
    The old Ghostbane was bane damage versus all Undead. New Ghostbane is the odd one out, hence my upcoming change.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

  9. #169
    Community Member AlmGhandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w
    Posts
    743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    The old Ghostbane was bane damage versus all Undead. New Ghostbane is the odd one out, hence my upcoming change.
    So we need consistency with effects and names.
    If the New Ghostbane is the odd one out then change the name... or change the weapons.....
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

  10. #170
    Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    The old Ghostbane was bane damage versus all Undead. New Ghostbane is the odd one out, hence my upcoming change.
    How hard is it to change the loot table structures temporarily?

    Would it be possible to have "Feather of Sun weekend" as a bonus days weekend someday?

    Or an "old school loot including the possibility of two augments" weekend?

    Or a "lootgen CLICKIES ARE BACK, YO!" weekend?

    Is that a switch that can be flipped?
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

  11. #171
    Systems Designer
    Lynnabel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    game/cdb/effect/effects-property-2.cdb
    Posts
    2,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    How hard is it to change the loot table structures temporarily?
    Probably the least easy thing in the game, actually. Our treasure tables are very, very static and require a full recompile to change anything, drop rates included. Treasure is a very unchanging system and we have no in-game hookups to dynamically push players to different sub-tables.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

  12. #172
    Community Member AlmGhandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w
    Posts
    743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Probably the least easy thing in the game, actually. Our treasure tables are very, very static and require a full recompile to change anything, drop rates included. Treasure is a very unchanging system and we have no in-game hookups to dynamically push players to different sub-tables.
    Could you at least try to work on naming consistency so we do not have like 32 different "ghostbane" items that all do different things?
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

  13. #173
    Systems Designer
    Lynnabel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    game/cdb/effect/effects-property-2.cdb
    Posts
    2,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlmGhandi View Post
    Could you at least try to work on naming consistency so we do not have like 32 different "ghostbane" items that all do different things?
    The entire point of me making this change is so they all do the same thing.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

  14. #174
    Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Cannith, usually
    Posts
    2,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    I'm not actually sure we use flat Incorp Bane anywhere. Let me do some snooping.
    Phase Hammer.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

  15. #175
    Community Member AlmGhandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w
    Posts
    743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    The entire point of me making this change is so they all do the same thing.
    So the FOTS Ghostbanes do the same thing as all the others?
    Maybe I misunderstood your previous posts (comes from not living in an English speaking country).
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

  16. #176
    Community Member kmoustakas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    First draft at epic Vom:

    ML20, BTA on acquire
    XP +5%
    Good Luck +5
    Striding +30%
    Colorless Augment Slot
    Yellow Augment Slot
    Green Augment Slot
    Blue Augment Slot
    Make sure there is set up to be turned into a set with epic cloak of master from threnal when the time comes!
    Social Justice W...arlock (5e toon)
    OkarisRage, Artificer with 3 druid past lives = <3

  17. #177
    Systems Designer
    Lynnabel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    game/cdb/effect/effects-property-2.cdb
    Posts
    2,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    Ah, nice catch. Thankfully this is a nonscaling Incorp Bane and therefore completely removed from any changes I might make to the scaling version :)
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

  18. #178
    Community Member AlmGhandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w
    Posts
    743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Ah, nice catch. Thankfully this is a nonscaling Incorp Bane and therefore completely removed from any changes I might make to the scaling version
    Which will, of course, confuse everyone.
    One Name... One Effect. You know you want to....
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

  19. #179
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    I'm not actually sure we use flat Incorp Bane anywhere. Let me do some snooping.
    Flat or scaling?

    Scaling Incorp Bane is on Cannith Craft, if nowhere else, and people do use it to make Reaper beaters...and while you can craft a Ghost Touch of Incorp Bane weapon, seems like you shouldnt necessarily need to spend your prefix just to make your suffix usable...

  20. #180
    Community Member Ovrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Ah, nice catch. Thankfully this is a nonscaling Incorp Bane and therefore completely removed from any changes I might make to the scaling version
    FYI, there's also the Assassin's Kiss (epic and non-epic version) from ToEE that use Incorp Bane. I'm going to assume it's also the non-scaling version, but we can't check for you. And incorp bane can be made with cannith crafting as someone else mentioned.

    Also, as far as swapping ghostbane to be undead bane instead of incorporeal, please don't do it until a working incorporeal bane modifier is added to the random loot tables. It makes sense thematically, but ghostbane's too important right now, especially at low level, when running reaper.

    And obviously incorp bane SHOULD include a ghost touch by default, seems like a weird omission to not have it.
    Last edited by Ovrad; 02-04-2020 at 03:32 PM.
    We want more Monster Manuals.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload