Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 187
  1. #141
    Cosmetic Guru Aelonwy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chacka_DDO View Post
    But my conclusion out of this fact is less pessimistic.
    It is less pessimistic but it is predicated on the future existence of more lv20 minor artifacts and an ideal of items functionally leveling with your character which does not currently exist in game. Do I think that would be good? Maybe. Do I think we should have this item this way because maybe someday dreams will come true? No. I'm not being sarcastic or trying to be rude. I'm trying to be realistic.

    Someone mentioned making EpicVOM a minor artifact and Lynnabel ran with the idea because superficially it sounds cool. (Cool but still a major powercreep.) But at no point in the past was it ever mentioned that we would be getting Minor Artifacts of lower than 29th level, that I recall. And no one but us throwing out ideas has mentioned that we may ever get another below 29th level. So I'm not going to make the assumption that this is or will ever be the case.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

  2. #142
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    689

    Default

    All these anti-artifact posts are wrong. The fact is that everyone is undergeared in early epics. This item will help out greatly.

    I'm epic TRing at the moment and I am so sick of not contributing to a party and feeling underpowered and worthless until I hit level 29. I'm sure plenty others feel the same.
    Last edited by capsela; 02-01-2020 at 12:41 PM.
    Toon on cannith

  3. #143
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Catacombs Loot Minimum Levels: 2-3/23

    Blade of the Inquisition Long Sword
    Minimum Level: 2/23
    Damage Dice: [1d8]/3[1d8]
    Critical Profile: 19-20/x2

    • Enhancement Bonus +2/+6
    • Holy 5d6
    • Unnatural Bane 5d10
    • Ghostbane 1d10/5d10
    • Silver, Alchemical
    • Red Augment Slot

    Dagger of Inquisition Dagger
    Minimum Level: 2/23
    Damage Dice: [1d4]/3[1d4]
    Critical Profile: 19-20/x2

    • Enhancement Bonus +2/+6
    • Holy 5d6
    • Unnatural Bane 5d10
    • Ghostbane 1d10/5d10
    • Silver, Alchemical
    • Red Augment Slot

    Eternal Rest Handwraps
    Minimum Level: 2/23
    Damage Dice: [1d6]/3[1d6]
    Critical Profile: 20/x2

    • Enhancement Bonus +2/+6
    • Holy 5d6
    • Unnatural Bane 5d10
    • Ghostbane 1d10/5d10
    • Silver Threaded
    • Red Augment Slot

    The Heroic versions of these weapons are actually LESS useful than their previous iterations. By replacing Ghost Touch + Lesser Undead Bane with Ghostbane, you've made them niche weapons. The previous versions would do 4.5 avg 'bane' damage (1d6+1) to ALL undead, including incorporeals. The new versions will do 5.5 avg bane damage (1d10) to incorporeals only. Yes, there's an improvement vs reapers. However, I'm not aware that the Silver Flame canon suggests that they're the anti-Reaper force. And even if they were, why would they give up DPS on their primary foe (undead) for it? And more to the point, on Heroic for new players NOT playing Reaper difficulty, it's a huge net loss, specifically in the very chain in which the weapons drop, where (at least in the existing version of the chain) incorporeals are rare or non-existent except the end boss.

    If your plan is to eliminate 'Ghost Touch' from the game, then the alternative would be to either add 1d6 Holy damage (effect in line with the Epic versions), or give them Undead Bane. Either one increases their overall power as compared to the existing versions (and Cannith Crafted loot). Best would probably be to retain the Ghost Touch and give them the new version of Undead Bane (1d10). That's a minor power increase (avg 1 dmg) over the previous versions and can be crafted with Cannith Crafting anyway. If you want the named item to be better than a crafted one, give it Ghostbane + Undead Bane. Then it becomes a decent and flexible weapon: Good vs all undead, hits reapers, and quite good vs incorporeal undead.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Guidance Light Crossbow
    Obviously, if the intent is to give Guidance the same effects as the previously-listed weapons, it would acquire the same profile. However, the previous version of Guidance had the old Holy (2d6). It might be better to give it the new Holy 1 (1d6) plus Undead Bane 1 (1d10). Again, Ghost Touch is not unreasonable for an item from this chain, whereas Ghostbane probably is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Black Lace Blindfold Eye Slot
    Minimum Level: 7/23
    • Spot +9/+19
    • Listen +9/+19
    • Accuracy +18
    • Deadly +9
    • Curse of Clumsiness Passive: -1 Penalty to Dexterity. (The minimum level required to equip this item is lower than normal due to this curse.
    • Colorless Augment Slot
    There's zero reason why this item should retain the 'Curse of Clumsiness'. Such negative effects were originally designed to offset an item that was over-powered for its level. Neither the Heroic nor Epic version of the Black Lace Blindfold has stats or quantity of effects that is unusual for their level. If anything, they're exactly on par. Remove the Curse or increase the effects so the ML actually IS lower than normal.
    Last edited by Zistra; 02-01-2020 at 03:06 PM.
    Server: Argonnessen
    Guild: Stranger Than Fiction
    Main: Visik

  4. #144
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,642

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capsela View Post
    All these anti-artifact posts are wrong. The fact is that everyone is undergeared in early epics.
    Some of us are not undergeared at any point in the game on any build, can solo legendary reaper sharn in early epics, and understand the impact a low epic artifact could have across a variety of builds.

    The undergeared player who obtains such an artifact and puts in their non-rare filigree is going to fall even further behind the geared player who puts in there rare filigree, and even further behind the uber player who puts in a raid filigree, and even further behind the exploiting character.

    The first two I have no problem with, but the last one is one of the reasons inquisitive is getting nerfed so badly.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 02-01-2020 at 05:11 PM.

  5. #145
    Community Member AlmGhandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w
    Posts
    742

    Default

    Getting to cap with 50% korthos gear is a thing.
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

  6. #146
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Some of us are not undergeared at any point in the game on any build, can solo legendary reaper sharn in early epics, and understand the impact a low epic artifact could have across a variety of builds.

    The undergeared player who obtains such an artifact and puts in their non-rare filigree is going to fall even further behind the geared player who puts in there rare filigree, and even further behind the uber player who puts in a raid filigree, and even further behind the exploiting character.

    The first two I have no problem with, but the last one is one of the reasons inquisitive is getting nerfed so badly.
    If someone ran lots of raids, and has a raid filigree to put in it, great. That +1 ability won't mean squat. What's your point? So by your logic, don't ever release nice loot, because some exploiters will use it? Makes zero sense.
    Toon on cannith

  7. #147
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capsela View Post
    If someone ran lots of raids, and has a raid filigree to put in it, great. That +1 ability won't mean squat. What's your point? So by your logic, don't ever release nice loot, because some exploiters will use it? Makes zero sense.
    The point is 'nice loot' doesn't have to be synonymous with 'power creep'.

    A low level Artifact would clearly be power creep, and be a best-in-slot item for most builds because of it.

    If they instead choose to say they'll release more lowbie Artifacts, which would remove the BiS problem, we'd be left with power creep that's easier to work with.

    My second gripe with the minor artifact idea is still relevant:
    It's granting a minor artifact and associated mechanic to players that might have never even seen a filigree.

  8. #148
    Community Member SerPounce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xgya View Post
    The point is 'nice loot' doesn't have to be synonymous with 'power creep'.

    A low level Artifact would clearly be power creep, and be a best-in-slot item for most builds because of it.
    Why? What single filagree is more powerful than a customized CC trinket?
    Sabbath - Sarlona

  9. #149
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post
    Why? What single filagree is more powerful than a customized CC trinket?
    We glorious powergamers can't have the unwashed masses getting a fantastic trinket. They didn't EARN it like we did.
    Toon on cannith

  10. #150
    Systems Designer
    Lynnabel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    game/cdb/effect/effects-property-2.cdb
    Posts
    2,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlmGhandi View Post
    Getting to cap with 50% korthos gear is a thing.
    Pshaw, wearing gear is so 2019.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

  11. #151
    Community Member AlmGhandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w
    Posts
    742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Pshaw, wearing gear is so 2019.
    Yeah... we noticed that once my guildy made it to cap....
    gonna have to try harder.
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

  12. #152
    Community Member Rauven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post
    Why? What single filagree is more powerful than a customized CC trinket?
    Exactly. If my choice is between a single filigree minor artifact or Lynn's first draft with four augment slots I'll take the augment slots.

  13. #153
    Community Member DRoark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Pshaw, wearing gear is so 2019.
    I'm going to have to figure out how to wear 3 armor sets at once, to make up the damage I'm losing if this patch sees the light of day.

    Armor of Yesteryear : Medium Armor
    +15 Enchantment
    Fortification 214%
    Physical Sheltering +54
    Healing Amp +85
    False Life +81
    Blue Augment Slot
    Producer Ward V : "Wearing this Tunic restores THF, IPS, and Divine MIght to it's decade-old legacy".

    .................................................. .................................................. .................

  14. #154
    Community Member janave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,326

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Pshaw, wearing gear is so 2019.
    Quoted For Truth
    There is no shame in pain.

  15. #155
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    245

    Default

    Hi Coco,

    my two cents for this quarterstaff and in fact all also randomly generated spell caster quarterstaffs and also Loot quarterstaffs from elder updates:

    They are dead bulk, if they don´t have "insightful spellpower" on the same slot- after Lv10 upward there the ravenloft spellcaster rods and from lv21 the Keep of the Borderline Sceptres and every spellcaster quarterstaff has
    to compare to these. You have not enough insightful named items on other slots available so you are always seeking them for main hand or secondary and if this is not included on a quarterstaff it will not be used by
    organized spellcasters... I would even go further since insightful + main spellpower are also on keep of the borderlands sceptres the quarterstaff must have more value for example with quality spellpower, because you cant use another scepter at the same time for variance. I have never used any quarterstaff from DDO (except for very low lvs)for a long time and I never will because there are not enough slots needed by a main spellcaster on quarterstaffs.
    Of course I know about crafting insightful items, but even with this I never found enough value in spell caster quarterstaffs, even the ones from raids are only bank bulk for my spellcaster builds..

    It makes no sense to create an mixed spellcaster/attack quarterstaff. You need minimum 10d6 damage for an epic lv item for damage (Searing light) which is not used with your personal spellpower at all to compensate (and charged it just to bad).
    I would delete this functionality and put insightful spellpower on the quarterstaff and perhaps a random quality spellpower from positive, light or alignment to make this one interesting in epics at all.
    Best regards
    Tarinia


    Pillar of Light Quarterstaff
    Minimum Level: 2/23
    Damage Dice: [1d6]/3[1d6]
    Critical Profile: 20/x2

    Enhancement Bonus +3/+6
    Silver Flame Lore +6%/18% Bonus to Positive, Light, and Alignment Spells Spell Critical Chance
    Power of the Silver Flame+43/122 Bonus to Positive, Light, and Alignment Spells Spell Power
    Holy 1d6/5d6
    Searing Light Clickie 1 Charge/3 Charges
    Hallowed +11
    Sacred +11
    Orange Augment Slot

  16. #156
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
    Posts
    2,567

    Default

    I like the new loot.

    Can we add DR 5/something to one if the items? It's weird that the only source of low level DR is the Cloak of the Mimic. This is a good opportunity to add an alternative that's not locked under a seasonal event
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

    Leader of Templar

  17. #157
    Community Member kmoustakas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    First draft at epic Vom:

    ML20, BTA on acquire
    XP +5%
    Good Luck +5
    Striding +30%
    Colorless Augment Slot
    Yellow Augment Slot
    Green Augment Slot
    Blue Augment Slot
    If that's for real, that looks awesome big time
    Social Justice W...arlock (5e toon)
    OkarisRage, Artificer with 3 druid past lives = <3

  18. #158
    Community Member kmoustakas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dragons1ayer74 View Post
    It would sure be nice to have a epic items of the classic from The Crypt of Gerard Dryden specifically:
    Battleworn Helm
    Battleworn Sword
    Gerard Dryden's Mace
    Gerard's Mail
    This!
    Social Justice W...arlock (5e toon)
    OkarisRage, Artificer with 3 druid past lives = <3

  19. #159
    Systems Designer
    Lynnabel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    game/cdb/effect/effects-property-2.cdb
    Posts
    2,538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zistra View Post
    The Heroic versions of these weapons are actually LESS useful than their previous iterations. By replacing Ghost Touch + Lesser Undead Bane with Ghostbane, you've made them niche weapons.
    You're touching on something a little larger than this pack - namely, our new scaling bane. Here's the situation.

    Incorp Bane: bane dmg versus incorp monsters
    Undead Bane: bane dmg versus undead monsters
    Ghostbane: bane damage versus incorp monsters, also ghost touch

    I'm going to actually swap this around, which will affect every item with this new effect in circulation

    Incorp Bane: bane dmg versus incorp monsters
    Undead Bane: bane dmg versus undead monsters
    Ghostbane: bane dmg versus undead monsters, also ghost touch

    This will flip these items back around to a closer representation to their originals. Thoughts?
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

  20. #160
    Community Member AlmGhandi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w
    Posts
    742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    You're touching on something a little larger than this pack - namely, our new scaling bane. Here's the situation.

    Incorp Bane: bane dmg versus incorp monsters
    Undead Bane: bane dmg versus undead monsters
    Ghostbane: bane damage versus incorp monsters, also ghost touch

    I'm going to actually swap this around, which will affect every item with this new effect in circulation

    Incorp Bane: bane dmg versus incorp monsters
    Undead Bane: bane dmg versus undead monsters
    Ghostbane: bane dmg versus undead monsters, also ghost touch

    This will flip these items back around to a closer representation to their originals. Thoughts?
    Thoughts?
    Are all those old ghostbane random loots from back when Feather of Sun was actively posting here going to be updated with this change.
    Asking for a friend....
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload