Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by 0ldschool View Post
    These ML23 bracers are going to be immensely popular with Protection +44.
    It would make it one item in the lot kind of worth wearing. Most of this is just not useful and the cursed items are pretty much just bad. Looks like I might grab carniferix and the restoration clicky and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    What should I replace that Searing Light clickie with to make it really pop?
    1/rest use of Divine Wrath, CL20 - without spellpower & metamagics to boost it it shouldn't be excessively powerful & hey, the stick is called "pillar of light" so it'd fit & look pretty awesome You could also make the item exclusive too to minimise any issues with people having an AoE healing effect available.
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Boneshard Flute Club
    Minimum Level: 6/25
    Damage Dice: 1.25[1d6]/3[1d6]
    Critical Profile: 20/x2

• Enhancement Bonus +2/+8
    • Perform +8/+19
    • Sonic Lore +19%
    • Resonance +128
    • Command Undead Clickie 3 Charges
    • Control Undead Clickie 3 Charges
    • Orange Augment Slot

Since you are removing the second slot from the heroic version, at least add resonance and sonic lore to the heroic.
    Wrath of Siberys Large Shield
    Damage Dice: [1d6]/[1d6]
    Critical Profile: 20/x2
    Shield Bonus: +7/+12

• Enhancement Bonus +3/+8
    • Lesser/Improved Heroism
    • Blinding
    • Reflex +3/+9
    • Insightful Reflex + 4
    • Purple Augment Slot

Should be

• Heroism/Greater Heroism
    • Resistance +3/+9

Delera's Vestment Clothing
    Armor Bonus: +3/+7

• Enhancement Bonus +3/+7
    • Charisma +4/+11
    • Potency +36/+87
    • Physical Sheltering +29
    • Parrying +5
    • Blue Augment Slot

make it somewhat interesting by adding PRR and parrying to the heroic version
    Golden Cartouche Neck Slot
    Minimum Level: 7/25
    • Intelligence +5/+11
    • Quality Use Magic Device +1/+1
    • Vitality +36
    • False Life +44
    • Yellow Augment Slot

A special item in DDO is getting ruined. Leave the UMD on heroic unchanged at +3 and the epic should be quality +3.
    Sigil of Stormreach Finger Slots
    • Diplomacy +9/+19
    • Bluff +9/+19
    • Good Luck +3
    • Striding +30%
    • Green Augment Slot

Add Good luck +1 and striding 20% to the heroic version.
    Skeleton Key Trinket Slot
    • Open Lock +9/+19
    • Disable Device +9/+19
    • Search +19
    • Spot +19
    • Yellow Augment Slot

Add search and spot to the heroic version
    Hellfire Cloak Cloak Slot
    • Fire Resistance +17/+44
    • Cold Resistance +17/+44
    • Acid Resistance +44
    • Electric Resistance +44
    • Green Augment Slot

Add acid and electric resistance to the heroic version.
    Linen Wraps Hand Slot
    • Strength +5/+11
    • Proof Against Disease +6/+6
    • Curse of Clumsiness Passive: -1 Penalty to Dexterity. (The minimum level required to equip this item is lower than normal due to this curse.
    • Immunity to Fear
    • Colorless Augment Slot

Remove the curse and add immunity to fear on the heroic version.
    Trapsmith's Toolbelt Waist Slot
    • Disable Device +9/+19
    • Repair +9/+19
    • Repair Lore +19%
    • Reconstruction +128
    • Yellow Augment Slot

Add repair lore and reconstruction to the heroic version

Please add an epic VOM and make it something special. Such as:

Epic Voice of the Master
    Minimum Level: 20

• Heroic Inspiration
    • Good Luck +2
    • Exceptional Skills +6 (+6 exceptional bonus to all skills. +6 exception bonus to ability-focused skills is available on level 11 heroic Green Steel, so don't feel this is op)
    • Green Augment Slot
    • Yellow Augment Slot

Community Member

Cool

Still wondering where the buff to the Eternal Wand of Cure Minor Wounds is...

Community Member

Cower before my horrifying MS Paint talents.
    You know MS Paint lets you type characters onto images right?

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    you know ms paint lets you type characters onto images right? :d
    heresy
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Community Member

Good catch on Eternal Rest bind status, btw. What should I replace that Searing Light clickie with to make it really pop?
    The problem in Epic is the only things worthwhile are self-buffs, because offensive clickies, without getting Spellpower or +DC boosts, are pointless.

Could it give 30 seconds of Radiant Glory 1/rest, the effect from the Lantern Ring? That seems both mildly useful and thematic.

Default Surprise me

I know the dev's have been revealing what the items will be for years now, I just wish for once it would all be a surprise.. IMO (Yes I know.. stay off of the forums)

-Doom
    Kahzadoom~Nexus~Irondoom~Doomlord~XvKing DoomHammer~
    Xoriat Born~Doompriest~Doom~Xzr~Legion of Doom~Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Community Member

It can be done, sure. That would be, however, roughly 500th on the Engineering support priorities list. I don't want to beat around the bush when stating that public preview release notes ease is nowhere near important enough to take engineering time for considering that is genuinely the most valuable time available in the entire studio. =P
    To be fair though, once you have it done you'll hopefully not have to bother with it for awhile. Another suggestion could be to have someone type up a word doc or write down the values for the item as you are making it (and make any amendments as necessary; I'm reasonably sure at least one person would be jotting down notes somewhere already) and then just upload the doc or picture of the piece of paper. Two birds, one stone.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    The problem in Epic is the only things worthwhile are self-buffs, because offensive clickies, without getting Spellpower or +DC boosts, are pointless.

Could it give 30 seconds of Radiant Glory 1/rest, the effect from the Lantern Ring? That seems both mildly useful and thematic.
    1/rest old lantern archon would be cool. Or they could do something totally crazy like an uncapped level 5000 searing light lol.

2015 DDO Players Council Sebastrd's Avatar

In general, any spell that requires a save or that requires caster levels to deal damage is useless as a clickie. The best clickies are utility spells.

Pillar of Light: Perhaps it could both use light for offense, but protect you with it, as well? Replace Searing Light 1 charge/3 charges with Shield of Faith 1 charge/Shield of Faith, Mass 3 charges (according to the spell description, it creates a shimmering field). Remove Blindness/Blindness Immunity might work, also.

Morningstar of the Heretic: Replace Doom/Unholy Blight with Polycurse/Nightmares.

Boneshard Flute: Replace Command Undead/Control Undead with Summon Umbral Worg/Summon Shadow (the Eidolon Summons from Necklace of Mystic Eidolons).

Headsman's Hood: Replace Fear clickie with Fearsome.

Linen Wraps: Add Quality Strength 3

On the other hand, you could just leave the clickies on for flavor but not count them against the enchant limit, though I get the impression you'd much rather not do that.
    Astreya the Unturning

It's always a shame when the hammer of poor design choices smashes the fun of player tactical adaptation.

This thread alone took over 4 hours of data entry to complete. This is time I don't always comfortably have in the lead up to a preview if things are coming in hot
    I volunteer to help you. I'll wear the uniform! I'll work nights, weekends, whatever it takes! You clearly need a lovely assistant. But I can help until you find one. (Also, I'm only hideous on the inside)

Now, I don't have any experience with data entry, but I have put thousands of hours into Microsoft Paint. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:F...int-Lifard.jpg

Time Bandit
    DDO Players Council

I know UMD is powerful so you need to be careful with it, but maybe the Golden Cartouche level 25 could handle Quality UMD +2 ?

Community Member

Smile

heresy
    Oh, cool, you're here. Thanks for the Serpentbranch Orange + Purple slots!

Community Member

What's missing on Lamannia? I'm looking at it right now internally and I'm seeing 4 things (5 with the curse). Here's a screenshot:

Good catch on Eternal Rest bind status, btw. What should I replace that Searing Light clickie with to make it really pop?
    Not sure why anyone would wear this item. 2 of the affixes can be slotted as good or better as augments and the curse just seems to come at a penalty with no benefit. Another of the affixes would be interesting if stat damage actually worked in epics (looking at you epic ward) and if mob hp was really remotely based on their con. This item is really poorly itemized as are most of them tbh.
    Last edited by J-mann; 01-28-2020 at 08:08 PM.

Community Member

The legendary versions of the Sanctuary Large Shield and Wrath of Siberys Large Shield only do [1d6] damage. Could you increase the weapon dice multiplier and/or base weapon dice to be more comparable to named and random gen/cannith crafted heavy shields of the same level?

Named shields at similar levels have 2[2d6] for damage for example, and standard Heavy shields have [1d10] starting at material level 22.

Community Member

There's an effect on the Lantern Ring called "Radiant Glory" that would be thematically appropriate and useful. There's two versions of it it looks like. The lower tier one would probably make more sense since it's a lower level item, but I wouldn't complain if you wanted to do the upgraded version.
    Last edited by pawpaw2000; 01-29-2020 at 01:18 AM.

Divine Punishment has no saving throws and on stack 3 has a pillar of light vfx, i will let the rest be filled by your imagination

Default Items not upgraded, missing epic, and bugs

I noticed a few items not upgraded and not created epic version, and then some bugs. All listed below:

Coronach (Mentioned earlier in this thread)
    Rusted Shirt
    Wighthide Armor
    Silverflame Hauberk

Bugs?:
    Epic Templar's Chain and Epic Templar's Leather do not show any Hardness, Material, or Durability. The whole blue bar is missing
    Epic Delera's Vestment is still ML 27
    Marguerite's Necklace just got Deathblock in this preview, but the Epic Version does not, instead a Quality CON+2. Not sure about this one, it is the only one where the heroic and epic do not show some parity in their effects

Community Member

Candlelight Rune Arm
    Minimum Level: 3/23
    Light Spirals Max Charge Tier: II/IV
    Rune Arm Imbue: Light I/III

• Lesser/Greater Undead Guard
    • False Life +8/+41
    • Radiance +122
    • Quality Magical Sheltering +6
    • Craftable Rune Arm
    Epic Candlelight needs to have a better max charge tier and imbue tier. It's probably not going to be used anyway considering how bad Light Spirals is as a shot type, but the max charge and imbue for this level 23 item are both inferior to a level 15 item of the same shot type, Tira's Splendor.

Level 15: Tira's Splendor has a Max Charge Tier V and Light Imbue IV.
    Level 23: Epic Candlelight has a Max Charge Tier IV and Light Imbue III.

Other Level 23 Rune Arms all have Tier V and Imbue IV, except Corruption of Nature which has Tier V and Imbue V. Why is this particular rune arm noticeably worse than every comparable Rune Arm to it?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast