Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Lamannia client is updating...
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Also, if they want feedback, then they’re going to want to pay attention to the forums and that is not something anyone at SSG should have to do on the weekend. Having to monitor this wretched hive of scum and villainy during the week is already burden enough.
    +1 for the Mos Eisley reference, which by the way is probably spot on perfect with regard to the forums...

Back on topic.

Please do not release this update with the IPS nerf or current Strikethrough iteration.

*keeping fingers crossed for tomorrow*
    Last edited by salmag; 01-27-2020 at 02:33 PM.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH

Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    This might sound weird, but devs are people too. With ordinary lives, and families and stuff.

They like to spend time with their families, and do things they like doing at weekends, not work.

Just like the rest of us.
    Are u saying that Lamania can not be open because the devs have families?. So which devs family is Khyber?
    Ozzgood 42, 36, 15, 36, 80. Ozzbad 35, 36, 14, 36, 77. Ozzugly 44, 48, 21, 36, 113. EvilOzz 33, 48, 6, 31, 89. Ozzistheworst 37, 33, 14, 1, 28. and Alts on Khyber
    Past Lives: Heroic, Epic, Iconic, Racial
    Reaper Points

NvM since the op was last friday..
    Last edited by Crazeyred; 01-28-2020 at 08:10 AM.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crazeyred View Post
    Sorry but you have failed the reading Check... It Opens tomorrow afternoon until this thursday afternoon...
    At the time the post you are quoting was written, your "tomorrow" was "next Tuesday."

i.e. 1/28/2020
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNiCd View Post
    Is there some kind of issue or risk with having Lamma up for a weekend? I managed to sneak on for a little while during Preview 1 and the dev chat was cool. I realize that probably wouldn't happen Sat/Sun. But time through the week can be pretty hit and miss.
    I don't remember where or who said it exactly, but a LONG time ago it was said that the reason they don't run it on weekends is so that Lamannia doesn't pull too many players away from the main game during high traffic hours/days. Whether or not that holds up still, I'm not certain but I do recall it being used as a rationalization once upon a time.
    I'm a Bard... I don't just take down enemies... I do it with style!... oh and lots of Music Buffs.

Squirrel Enthusiast Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

Want Druid scroll vendor!

Just had to put that out to stay consistent.

Peace

NvM
    Last edited by Crazeyred; 01-28-2020 at 08:10 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lokeal_The_Flame View Post

+1

I know everyone is waiting for this, but I believe it was supposed to be this afternoon?

Squirrel Enthusiast Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havocthedemon View Post
    +1

I know everyone is waiting for this, but I believe it was supposed to be this afternoon?

Shhhh, don't tell people that...... it would be best if people just reposted the image until it made history on DDO forums!

Imagine, a different person posting the same meme every 30 minutes until Lamannia opened!

Default Preview 2 Open!

Preview 2 is now open! The OP of this thread has been updated with release notes.

Reminder, there will be a Dev event on Lamannia in the evening of Wednesday January 29th from 8-10 PM Eastern where members of the DDO team will be available to collect feedback and answer questions in real time.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Default No Slot option in shared account bank filtering drop-down?

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

Hello, all! Preview 2 of Update 45 is open! It is expected to remain open until sometime in the late afternoon (Eastern) of Thursday January 30th.

...snip...

UI
    • Feats
      • ...snip...

• Shared Bank
      • There is now a Sorting Dropdown panel in the Shared Account Bank to allow the items in the account bank to be sorted in based on any of the following ways
        • Most Recently Added
        • Oldest First
        • Item Name (A-Z)
        • Item Name (Z-A)
        • Minimum Level (1-30)
        • Minimum Level (30-1)

• There is now a text field in the Shared Account bank in order to filter by minimum level range
      • There is now a dropdown panel in the Shared Account Bank to allow filtering based on Item Slot. You can isolate any of the following item slots
        • All
        • Weapon
        • Shield
        • Runearm
        • Armor
        • Eyes
        • Head
        • Neck
        • Trinket
        • Cloak
        • Waist
        • Rings
        • Hands
        • Feet
        • Wrists
        • Quiver
        • Cosmetic Weapon
        • Cosmetic Armor
        • Cosmetic Headwear
        • Cosmetic Cloak
        • No slot - should be an option for no slot to show only things that aren't equippable such as scrolls, potions, bags, etc

Miscellaneous
    • ...snip..

I'm really excited about many of the things listed for various reasons. The only thing that really struck me was the lack of a drop-down option in the shared account bank for filtering by slot to filter by items that don't go in a slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Now with real 100% closing.

Alchemist is missing from the Lamannia DDO store.

The Ranger Trainer in Sharn has been adjusted to not impale themself with their bow.

what about inquisitor arti's when charging a rune arm? they look to shoot themselves in the head.
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Default Guild chests

Miscellaneous
    • The Cargo Hold Stat Buff amenities are no longer sold. Convenience Amenities, such as the Bank, Auction House, Farshifter, Tavern, and the XP Shrine Amenities, will remain available.
    What about cargo Large/Small Guild chests? Those they disappear too ??? They are not game breaking in any ways and are quite useful.
    >>Officer of the Polish Guild: GildiaDDOpl<<>>Cannith<<
    Isioviel Jr'eness - the Completionist
    Finghin Al'Roeg 4rd life Warlock .......Seljuck 5th life 14ftr/5art/1wiz
    If you like my posts, consider adding to my reputation. Thank You.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Seljuck View Post
    What about cargo Large/Small Guild chests? Those they disappear too ??? They are not game breaking in any ways and are quite useful.
    Nope, those are still available. If you find this is not the case, please let us know!
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xezom View Post
    I don't remember where or who said it exactly, but a LONG time ago it was said that the reason they don't run it on weekends is so that Lamannia doesn't pull too many players away from the main game during high traffic hours/days. Whether or not that holds up still, I'm not certain but I do recall it being used as a rationalization once upon a time.
    Thanks for the answer, although HCL would seem to invalidate that they're worried about removing traffic from the live servers at this point. I guess they don't feel like answering, which is fine. I don't feel they owe me an answer or anything.

Seems like missed opportunity if they want to maximize feedback, though. This is the 2nd time I've installed the Lamma client (once a couple years back). Both times I've found I just don't have enough time during the week to dig in deep enough to provide meaningful feedback, whereas on a weekend I might. So they're potentially missing feedback from whatever my demographic is.

[*]The Cargo Hold Stat Buff amenities are no longer sold. Convenience Amenities, such as the Bank, Auction House, Farshifter, Tavern, and the XP Shrine Amenities, will remain available.
    The mailbox was not listed so I am hoping it was simply omitted from this list and not from the cargo hold amenities!

Koz

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by KingKoz View Post
    The mailbox was not listed so I am hoping it was simply omitted from this list and not from the cargo hold amenities!

Koz
    It's still there, don't worry. The only thing that was removed are amenities that directly buff your stats.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast