8 14.04%
  • More than 6 hours

0 0%
  • More than 12 hours

2 3.51%
  • Other

1 1.75%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Less the 60 minutes for me - But I admit it took some time to get to that point.

Pain Points - Removing items form TR CACHE the Delay between dragging the item and the TR CACHE updating is killer at the start, as it empties it gets better

However, this is not taking into account the prep after a TR. For characters like my wizard this could be a full additional hour as I prep known spells and refill spell book with spells I want to have available (I'm one of those that actually switches spells based on quest)

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    Do you count time spent planning my next life, figuring out gearsets, and farming those? I spend quite a few hours on all of those, but not necessarily at 20/30.

Or TR cache?

Or just after you've dropped the heart in, before you logout to finalize?
    Fair enough, i guess farming up gear falls into the ~preparation~ category, however I was mainly thinking about getting the heart, turning in, emptying cache, character creation, initial gearing and unloading items perhaps ~ things that are inevitably part of the process.

Quote Originally Posted by janave View Post
    Fair enough, i guess farming up gear falls into the ~preparation~ category, however I was mainly thinking about getting the heart, turning in, emptying cache, character creation, initial gearing and unloading items perhaps ~ things that are inevitably part of the process.
    Right, so something like from the time you start emptying your previous TR cache until you begin your first quest after TR.
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by janave View Post
    Prep/gear farming is quite a few hours usually for me :P the rest of it is like 20-30 minutes lol, mostly emptying cache and setting up new hotbars etc.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

It usually takes me close to an hour. I usually have a mule or two set to go and the shared bank near empty going in, and I don't pick up my inventory or bank pages from earned favor until I'm ready to reincarnate. Most of the time is spent lagging while stuff is taken out of the cache.
    .: Sarlona - High Lords of Malkier : Reaper Life 1, 2 , and 3 alumnus : My Twitch : Trans and Proud : (she/they please) :.
    .: Inamorata (Heroic x2/Epic Completionist) / Signalmixer (Vorpal Queen) / Darkchylde-1 (Fiend Voodulock) / Tenpercenter (Bowhealer 2020) / Groundloop : Plus so many others! :.

Community Member

I have 2 mules that I pull gear from. One is level 1-20 and the other is lev 21-28. I usually never use any gear from 21-28 and just ride my sharn gear all the way to 29. I keep my end game gear on my main at all times.

as for the TR, I have been going to 30 and epic reincarnating first. But before I epic reincarnate, I empty my cache. first I fill up my bank space, then I just click click click to my inv slots in no particular order, since I plan on Epic reincarnating, then immediately TRing. This takes maybe 10 mins. Then I epic reincarnate and blast from lev 1-20 just picking whatever to get to 20 since I don't care what abilities and feats I pick. Then I TR.

Its not that bad, but an auto dump to my inv would make going through the cache much faster.

Nico

On my main, when I decided it was time to go for racials, I bought all bank space and all inventory space and did 5 racials in a row with the same exact build (artificer). It went fine until at level 6 I decided to stay epic and grab some of the new epic past lives... Now my bank is full, my cache is full of memorabilia and when it's time to TR I'll need hours. So I'm staying epic a bit more
    Social Justice W...arlock (5e toon)
    OkarisRage, Artificer with 3 druid past lives = <3

Depends. If it's a toon I've been playing and I'm sticking to a playing style (TRing from one type of melee to another, etc) probably under 30 minutes.

If I'm switching over to one of my main alts that's been shelved for a few months or switching playing styles (melee to caster), it's a hellish ordeal that can take an hour or two to swap out all the needed gear from mules or from a different primary toon.
    "Shut up and die like a wizard"

Community Member

That's a tough question to poll.

I think you have at least 2 approaches to TRs

1) one group "plays the game", refreshing gear about every 4 levels

2) another group rushes to cap with the minimum amount of gear possible.

I'm in the latter group, and only have about 30 items total in my TR cache. But so far I am only TRing at 20th lvl, and all on the same melee build, so maybe I'm an outlier.

I'm prepped to TR within 30-60 mins.

edit: How do I feel about it?

I dunno, it kind of ruins the content for me. I just finished life #33 and it feels like I've been grinding for months just to get the toon I want to play.

I have some alts but they are first life and everyone is doing Reapers. They aren't fun to play in those groups. And most players I run with are striding 30% at 1st lvl.
    Last edited by Fenrisulven7; 01-24-2020 at 03:20 PM.

About 3 hours. IF I have kept up with moving BTA items onto the appropriate bank toons.

I have years of BTC stuff in the TR cache. It takes up 9 pages of inventory.

This most recent TR series i did yesterday went like this:

Shared bank was mostly empty already, so that helped. I moved my level 15-17 gear into the cache and then the same with my level 29-30 gear. Then all the other clickies and potions etc so it would all be quick to find.

Epic TR and associated relevel to 20.
    TR.
    Recreate as an iconic. Level to 15.
    Lessor +1. Relevel to 15.

So all in all, I had to level three times in the process.

Then I pull all the potions and clickies onto the correct inventory pages, put on the 15 gear and put the 29 gear on the last page of the bank so its ready. Then put the gear i'm going to use in between on the first 2 pages.

Suggestions for SSG:

1. On the epic reincarnation page add the option to put in a heart of wood or blood. This would skip the level up process in the middle if you just plan to go back to level 1.

2. On the Iconic creation screens, add the option to put in a lessor 1 heart and start as whatever class you want to skip the extra level up process.

3. Add a dump to inventory option on the TR cache (with a confirmation). This would just dump it all to the backpack and bank. Anything that doesn't fit just stays in the cache. This would save me a lot of time.
    Should a reaper see me? I think Death itself should have to make a spot check when I'm rolling up behind him. -- Krimsonrane

The poll needs a "far too long" option. I can empty my TR cache, gear up, get my bars setup, bind to the ship, and get ship buffs in about an hour. It's extremely annoying it takes that long.

I've done more than 150 heroic/iconic past lives, and I despise how poor the TR user experience is. The game is a TReadmill, but nothing has been done in the past seven years to improve that experience.
    Kobeyashi | Ying

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12