Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    - SNIP -
    ok - glad you are so certain of your reality.

Community Member

Today I did some testing in other EDs in sharn quests and consistently failed my DCs in every ED except Magister.
    Toon on cannith

Community Member

I ran an intel wiz in Magister- had very little problem in Sharn mid to high reaper. Now I'm running a wis fvs in exalted angel - I'm still consistently 4-5 dc behind where I was as a wiz. Magister was a buff. The rest of the spell casting destinies didn't get it.
    ~Kozha~
    Obnoxious Officer of Down 'n' Dirty
    Gland

Community Member

The player doesn't know more in this case. It's sad that you think they do.
    The Player actually knows more in this case, Maybe actually learn something about the game before you just make up stuff?

Creatures in Reaper will have an additional +4 to their Saving Throws versus Spells.
    U42 Patch 4 release notes

Shorty after the release of Sharn all mobs got a +4 saving throws vs spells, and then magister got +5DC net result: magister is 1 dc ahead and everything else is 4 behind.

inb4 "but it's only in reaper", reaper is the only thing that matters, putting in a massive amount of powercreep via reaper trees (in many cases 1 reaper point is worth slightly more than a heroic past life) ensured that reaper will be the only difficulty played by anyone who's not brand new, reaper balance is effectively game wide balance.

Quote Originally Posted by capsela View Post
    Today I did some testing in other EDs in sharn quests and consistently failed my DCs in every ED except Magister.
    This has been my experience as well, with the exception of energy burst, and dragon breath ( is scheduled a cooldown nerf next patch).

Quote Originally Posted by janave View Post
    This has been my experience as well, with the exception of energy burst, and dragon breath ( is scheduled a cooldown nerf next patch).
    Sorcs there with evasion mobs pretty much its either polar ray or eburst and breath to be able to land.

Though the biggest losers from the lot were wisdom based casters that can't access the magister tree with wis stat bonuses.

EA being the dominant casting option was just silly but its sort of gone to far the other way.

I would like to have seen EA get specific selectors to bring up 1 or 2 casting areas up. This would tie in with cleric domains.

Something like Core 4 gives +2 dc to 1 area
    Core 5 gives +2-3 dcs to an area (not the same)
    Last core still giving 3 to all. Puts it below Magister over all by 2

Top dc would still be 1-2 below Magisters primary but with utility from the EA tree
    Secondary area would be equal to Magisters general casting ability
    Tertiary would be still 2 less.
    Milacias of Kyber

Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

The Myth- TR will make my character powerful
    The Reality- Those kobolds in Water Works won’t have a chance but nothing else cares-Learn to play your build and all its abilities in actual difficult content, get gear and reaper points in level 30+ content and raids.

Community Member

My wizard did just fine in Sharn once I got all the gear, and that was BEFORE the magister changes.
    As a wizard I'm fine in Sharn.

As a sorc? LOLz

How are the FvS and Clerics doing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alled78 View Post
    Why should i use all my neural cells when i can go inqui and go pew pew pew ???

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    To clarify: We have not raised monster saving throws (or changed anything else that would be impacted in this way) alongside or in response to Magister changes.
    That's not true: I assume the OP is talking about reaper. At the time of the change (some dev) said the DC increase per skull, and the base DC were all changing. IIRC, the net result that combined with Magister it was a slight boost overall to player DCs, especially at low skulls, but not in higher skulls. And if you weren't in Magister, then is was a big loss.

Are you saying that those changes to per-skull DC not go through?

But the problem is not the magister ED. The problem is that Sharn and Soul splitter have too high saves. It also happens with borderlands; the STs of their mobs are much higher than the rest of the level 21 content. It is a problem of design of the new content, not of ED. Weapon users also have problems in Sharn because the mobs fortification is insanely high. It is a content thought for maximized characters with many past lives and reaper points, and for the rest of the toons to wait for the powercreep to leave the content more accessible to them.

That said, I note that although my wizard in magister with maximized DC (racial heroic & complecionist, best gear, reaper tree maxed etc) has few problems in Sharn, there are still mobs that save quite often in high reaper, like the goblins in Ruined schemes or several type of mobs in Just bussines, and if such a character has fails, imagine the rest of classes or less developed alts. Seriously, they are the quests they have too high STs, the problem is not in the ED, but in the design of the quests, which are thought to be hard until the powercreep softens them. And from what Steelstar has said, this design is intentional, so I would say we will not see changes.

If my opinion matters in something, I think it is a wrong design concept. Designing around the top ten of the population instead of the middle toon is a mistake. Currently in DDO there is an abyss of power between fully developed characters and the middle toon, and designing around 1% of the population only generates frustrations.
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    To clarify: We have not raised monster saving throws (or changed anything else that would be impacted in this way) alongside or in response to Magister changes.
    You added a + 4 to the STs of the mobs in reaper. This rise has been little noticed by the most developed characters (with many past lives, the best gear and enough reaper points to pick all the increases in DC), but the middle toon does suffer in the new content, which has significantly higher STs .

It's not just Sharn, Steel. It is soul splitter and borderlands too. Sharn is simply more popular. Sharn is frequently played to get equipment and in high reaper for rpx, and for the sagas and ETR. The soul splitter lfms are much rarer, hence there are fewer complaints about this pack. And borderlands is a leveling pack, which at the moment is popular, so weak characters have no grouping problems and find help in stronger characters, but still I have seen a couple of threads in this forum complaining about the salvations here.

Did you really think that raising the STs in reaper and also designing the new content with higher stats was not going to give problems to the middle toon? Not all characters are maximized, Steel. You have to stop designing for 1% of the population. You cannot design around that 1% when the current power difference is abysmal, really abysmal.
    Last edited by Iriale; 01-25-2020 at 05:53 AM.
    English is not my native language. Sorry for the mistakes.

Default Any caster ED is fine

I've been playing a sorc in Draconic for a couple months now. It is definitely a fair amount of work to get your DCs up, more than it is for wizards.
    However, if you do the work the spells you've built around should land fine. The whole point of specialized spell schools is that you have to build around them yet everyone wants their 90 enchant mass hold to land on everything...
    It's not too hard to get 115+ on your DCs which lands a pretty good amount of the time, you just need to build for it, and magister isn't required.

The biggest issue I see is people thinking they can play the same way they do on r1 at r10...
    My Youtube channel~ViamelDDO~ https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOh...NJ_c5Yk8x866bA

Korthos Village People ~ Cannith

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12