Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bad Horsey

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by noinfo View Post
    But you have no problem demanding stuff of others. Guess what people don't respond kindly to that.
    I have not demanded anything. Please up your game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisulven7 View Post
    Pretty sure my game is fine, but keep on going telling us how good you are without the need for a keyboard and how we should be ok with our inconvenience to suit others. I am pretty sure in your mind you think you have made some good points.
    Milacias of Kyber

Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

The Myth- TR will make my character powerful
    The Reality- Those kobolds in Water Works won’t have a chance but nothing else cares-Learn to play your build and all its abilities in actual difficult content, get gear and reaper points in level 30+ content and raids.

Community Member

but keep on going telling us how good you are without the need for a keyboard and how we should be ok with our inconvenience to suit others.
    Ah yes, this is the part where you make up stuff I didn't say and attack me for it. Just like you guys do to SSG whenever a dev is nice enough to respond to you.

I'm so sorry this has happened to you.

Ah yes, this is the part where you make up stuff I didn't say and attack me for it. Just like you guys do to SSG whenever a dev is nice enough to respond to you.

I'm so sorry this has happened to you.
    Ah your sympathy no matter how misguided or misplaced like the rest of your posts is appreciated! Thank you.

Please continue with your generalised statements "Just like you guys do to SSG" it adds to your argument or lack of. A straight forward deflection with no actual basis. Please quote my post so I can see what I posted to deserve that? I am old and must have forgotten.
    Milacias of Kyber

The Reality- Those kobolds in Water Works won’t have a chance but nothing else cares-Learn to play your build and all its abilities in actual difficult content, get gear and reaper points in level 30+ content and raids.

Community Member

A straight forward deflection with no actual basis. Please quote my post so I can see what I posted to deserve that
    But I already quoted it. Here it is again:

Quote Originally Posted by noinfo
    keep on going telling us how good you are without the need for a keyboard and how we should be ok with our inconvenience to suit others.
    I never said any of that, you just made it up. It's called a Strawman argument, and it means you are now just blowing smoke because you can't refute my point.

I am old
    Are you an adult?

I don't find dismounts annoying at all. It's a non-issue. There are like three forumites complaining about it.

Exactly, get over it.
    Great advice, if it wasnt provided in a 100% one sided fashion.

People only want folks to get over it after demanding the change and receiving the change. If they took their own advice, they would not have demanded the change in the first place, as they would have gotten over it before seeing it as an issue.

1.Repeatedly demand something be nerfed > 2. it finally gets nerfed into the pavement > 3. now tell everyone against the nerf to get over it.

If 3 is the solution to everything, then 1 would never happen.

Keep in mind this is not simply about this one issue, but the entire mentality of telling people to get over it only after failing to follow the same advice while demanding changes that affect others negatively, claiming that not changing it affects you negatively. Dont demand the change. Get over it. /shrug.

No horse in the race. Most posts in the thread.
    Last edited by Chai; 01-24-2020 at 09:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Or we could just go back to no horses. Presto! Your spreadsheet problem is solved.
    Or players can learn NPC target and NPC interact keys. Presto! - spreadsheet problem is solved. Pretty standard stuff in most video games since the mid 90s.

I can see why people cling to these old tab target games that are willing to make changes over 2 actions per minute though.

Many MMOs, most single player games, many FPS and the entire genre of RTS is off limits if {target+interact} ruins their fun or if 2 APM is the difference between fun and grueling shouldnt-have-to-do tasks.
    Last edited by Chai; 01-24-2020 at 10:05 AM.
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

But I already quoted it. Here it is again:

I never said any of that, you just made it up. It's called a Strawman argument, and it means you are now just blowing smoke because you can't refute my point.

Are you an adult?
    But what you said very clearly was just like I do with the devs? No quote.

You have yet to make a point, you have danced around making noise but its not the same thing.

And to be fair one day you may be an adult too! Fortunately for you its age based not logic based.

Your position-> Others need to have to dismount their horses which leads to a waste of their time as opposed to others learning to select and interact which is no time lose or inconvenience? Then a lot of misdirection and garbage about configuring your mouse to do stuff and that you don't assume others use keyboards etc, yet you avoid refuting that people who configure their game not to use it would I hope certainly be able to configure the device to be able to do so. I certainly would expect even my kids to be able to do that.

Anyway I am sure you will continue to make noise so go right ahead.
    Milacias of Kyber

Speaking only for myself, I found the inconvenience of targeting NPCs behind mounts was smaller than the inconvenience of being auto-dismounted in tavern areas.

That change was a net reduction in utility, for me A further similar change would be a further net reduction in utility, for me.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Haff_Ling View Post
    How hard would it be to make vendors not work while you're on a horse? Over and over again at vendors I'm seeing people ride up and block multiple players. And BTW, GET OFFA MY LAWN! End of rant, you may now return to your regularly scheduled cat videos.
    Semi-related, but we've just finished a first draft of Mount Suppression tech - here's a short video I recorded to illustrate its functionality. Furthermore, certain outdoor taverns will simply allow mounted movement without employing suppression, eliminating the awkward dismounts in areas such as The Twelve and Meridia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzjl-yIz6YM

To address the OP, we're also tentatively planning a global change that will allow vendors to deploy mount suppression to players that linger in their monitor (aka in the area around the vendor that will leave a shop window open - the radius is relatively small) for a certain period of time. This would eliminate mount crowding around hot spot NPCs, but allow players just passing through to continue unhindered. Thoughts?
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Semi-related, but we've just finished a first draft of Mount Suppression tech - here's a short video I recorded to illustrate its functionality. Furthermore, certain outdoor taverns will simply allow mounted movement without employing suppression, eliminating the awkward dismounts in areas such as The Twelve and Meridia.

To address the OP, we're also tentatively planning a global change that will allow vendors to deploy mount suppression to players that linger in their monitor (aka in the area around the vendor that will leave a shop window open - the radius is relatively small) for a certain period of time. This would eliminate mount crowding around hot spot NPCs, but allow players just passing through to continue unhindered. Thoughts?
    Wow. I wasn't bothered about having to remount often but that looks really awesome. Thanks for the good work.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Thumbs up The Windward tavern

I appreciate the work. Very usefull.

About open taverns. I wish we had more of those.

The Windward tavern at the Inspired quarters may be my most favorite tavern followed by Bogwater and Resort spa (Both would be much better if they could be completely open isntead of entering a new area). Windswept Oasis catching the beatifull view of The Vale of Twilight is also at top list. Raff's watering hole at Zawabi's refuge is interesting with nice valley view but seems as if underconstruction. (There could be friendly Drow and Gnoll settlements and taverns at far away locations to the other ones)

Stormreach market allready has a beatifull open air tavern (building behind is an inn ?) but only npcs can use it somehow.
    Last edited by Kutalp; 01-24-2020 at 06:11 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-vgrCICAf0
    Basements & Rogue Dinosaurs

so a time delay before getting knocked off.
    cool thinking.
    Planescape City of Doors for DDO endgame. Even dying in certain places can create new adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    No dammit. No. SSG already made horses turn off when you go into a tavern area (including guild ships) because people like you couldn’t figure out how to target a bartender. This is not a real problem.

Please don’t break horses more because a few people can’t figure out how to target.
    Signed.

Soon we'll have forum topics named: "player on horse clipped through me, now I rage".

This is awesome.

Thoughts?
    Looks good.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fen
    Exactly, get over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Great advice, if it wasnt provided in a 100% one sided fashion.

People only want folks to get over it after demanding the change and receiving the change. If they took their own advice, they would not have demanded the change in the first place, as they would have gotten over it before seeing it as an issue.

1.Repeatedly demand something be nerfed > 2. it finally gets nerfed into the pavement > 3. now tell everyone against the nerf to get over it.
    Hey Sherlock, I'm simply mirroring the argument your own side made first:

Quote Originally Posted by Clemeit
    Sorry, but get over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fen
    Exactly, get over it.
    Amazing how you guys bristle when your own arguments are used against you. If you don't like it, stop doing it

Community Member

Thanks Lynnabel. Does this mean the rumours that SSG eats puppy souls for breakfast were unfounded? Imagine that!

Quote Originally Posted by Haff_Ling View Post
    How hard would it be to make vendors not work while you're on a horse? Over and over again at vendors I'm seeing people ride up and block multiple players. And BTW, GET OFFA MY LAWN! End of rant, you may now return to your regularly scheduled cat videos.
    Very hard, especially considering you just click NEXT key and then USE key and talk to the vendor which takes 2 seconds instead
    Social Justice W...arlock (5e toon)
    OkarisRage, Artificer with 3 druid past lives = <3

Hey Sherlock, I'm simply mirroring the argument your own side made first:

Amazing how you guys bristle when your own arguments are used against you. If you don't like it, stop doing it
    Didn't address the actual point in the post.

The relevant lesson to be learned here is as follows:

The original implementation was complained about which resulted in the change. If the people who complained took your advice of "just get over it" in the first place, no complaining, and thus no change, would have occurred. Its only AFTER the complaining results in the change that you then go in on folks with this "just get over it" stuff, calling them the complainers.

Calling the second round of complainers out (because you disagree) while not batting an eye at the first round of complainers (because you agree with them) is a direct contradiction in logic.

The non hypocritical position on more recent issues discussed would have been:
    Just get over the fact that people can stand at a vendor with a horse
    Just get over IPS being in the game
    Just get over inquisitive being OP and dont ask for nerfs
    Ranged meta gets to have its time in the sun. Melee meta had its time. The game changes, deal with it.
    Mounts are in game now. The game changes, deal with it. Get over it.
    Last edited by Chai; 01-24-2020 at 03:35 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast