Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 94 of 94

Thread: Bad Horsey

  1. #81
    Community Member Nonesuch2008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,602

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    That's some nice work that *should* make a fair meet-in-the-middle solution for folks of both schools.

    ...*should*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iriale View Post
    Thanks Lynnabel! This sounds like a great QoL change. Seriously thanks. This is the type of changes that players appreciate.
    Agreed, and thank you. The first solution was a bit of overkill, I think that this will help to reign in the disappointment with that.

    Yes, I went there.
    "When asked if the developers hate the players, as they make so many challenging jumping puzzles, their response was that they have what they consider a “… normal amount of contempt for the players.” This is good. A dungeon master should always nurse a healthy contempt for his or her players."

  2. #82
    Community Member SiliconScout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    2,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Would it be too much work to use suppression in *any* non quest instance?

    It'd be really great, e.g., if entering an indoor tavern just left your horse "hitched up" outside and you auto mounted again when you left.

    Basically as long as you stayed outside of a quest, you'd stay mounted wherever you could mount and only need to push the button once...
    di... d ... did you WATCH the video??

    It's right here, 13 seconds long: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzjl-yIz6YM

  3. #83
    Community Member SiliconScout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    2,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisulven7 View Post
    That's a cowardly cheap shot. You were fine with the OP getting ganged up on simply for venting about how horses blocking his view. It's only when someone pushes back that you chime in.

    Like a teacher who looks the other way while a student gets bullied all semester, only to complain when he finally punches back.

    And after I had already retired from the thread as a courtesy to Lynnabel to get things back on track.

    Then why would you start it back up? Poor form. You should apologize.
    I am sorry if you feel that I was taking a shot at you over and above the others. If your feelings were hurt it was not my intention. Your name was the only one I could remember as you were "discussing" with more than 1 poster and from my perspective the first to use an openly hostile tone. I really wasn't meant personally, but to clarify the essence of "please shut up you are all pretty was aimed at"
    • Fenrisulven7
    • Chai
    • HungarianRhapsody
    • noinfo


    But mostly you and Chai if I am being honest as the two of you were most vocal and in that order. You were so busy trying to shout around each other and play the victim that nothing constructive was going to, or frankly ever could, come from the "discussion".

    Let's all just leave it at horses sucked for some, SSG "fixed" it but made it suck for others, who were arguably a larger group, but they then went and appear to be making another "fix" now that will strike a fair and reasonable compromise.

    Maybe everyone isn't happy but they are the least unhappy.

    Seriously why can't this place have a discussion about one groups negative experience and ways to amicably mitigate / eliminate it without it turning into this giant crab ball that is almost always does.

    As for the OP I didn't agree that it was a problem for me but didn't invalidate those who felt it was either. I REALLY disliked the change they made to address it initially as it was heavy handed and affected me negatively to the point I rarely bothered with the mount. My suggestion at the time was to "Auto remount" and ignore ships and potentially open areas. It appears this is what is being done and thus, from my perspective, the compromise is perfect. Those who don't want horses in their face won't see them and those who ride the horses won't keep having to remount the bloody things.

    All in all well done team.

  4. #84
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenrisulven7 View Post
    That's a cowardly cheap shot. You were fine with the OP getting ganged up on simply for venting about how horses blocking his view. It's only when someone pushes back that you chime in.

    Like a teacher who looks the other way while a student gets bullied all semester, only to complain when he finally punches back.
    Oh don't play the victim; you're not blameless here. You were clearly trolling the entire time, and while it wasn't directed my way, it was pretty obnoxious to scrub through. Plenty of "LOL" and "" coming from your side of the field. Leave that stuff on the playground.

    And after I had already retired from the thread as a courtesy to Lynnabel to get things back on track.
    And welcome back.

  5. #85
    Systems Designer
    Lynnabel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    game/cdb/effect/effects-property-2.cdb
    Posts
    2,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiliconScout View Post
    di... d ... did you WATCH the video??

    It's right here, 13 seconds long: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzjl-yIz6YM
    Worth noting also that a debug client on a local machine is also real choppy animation-wise compared to a release client. It should be a little smoother on the real deal version of DDO.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

  6. #86
    Dual-Wielder of Halflings dozkal-mo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    712

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Semi-related, but we've just finished a first draft of Mount Suppression tech - here's a short video I recorded to illustrate its functionality. Furthermore, certain outdoor taverns will simply allow mounted movement without employing suppression, eliminating the awkward dismounts in areas such as The Twelve and Meridia.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzjl-yIz6YM

    To address the OP, we're also tentatively planning a global change that will allow vendors to deploy mount suppression to players that linger in their monitor (aka in the area around the vendor that will leave a shop window open - the radius is relatively small) for a certain period of time. This would eliminate mount crowding around hot spot NPCs, but allow players just passing through to continue unhindered. Thoughts?
    +1, looks great. It's a good QoL change. I know the mounting time from hitting the button isn't long, but it does add some time that is noticeable and gets annoying in public areas.
    Officer and Webmaster for Fallen Immortals, a guild of Thelanis.

    Toons: Aryllia, Dayanmak, Devhead, Gezgin, Kutsal, Toprak

  7. #87
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Semi-related, but we've just finished a first draft of Mount Suppression tech - here's a short video I recorded to illustrate its functionality. Furthermore, certain outdoor taverns will simply allow mounted movement without employing suppression, eliminating the awkward dismounts in areas such as The Twelve and Meridia.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzjl-yIz6YM

    To address the OP, we're also tentatively planning a global change that will allow vendors to deploy mount suppression to players that linger in their monitor (aka in the area around the vendor that will leave a shop window open - the radius is relatively small) for a certain period of time. This would eliminate mount crowding around hot spot NPCs, but allow players just passing through to continue unhindered. Thoughts?
    I like everything about this Lynnabel, a great QoL improvement. Thank you.

  8. #88
    Community Member noinfo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiliconScout View Post
    I am sorry if you feel that I was taking a shot at you over and above the others. If your feelings were hurt it was not my intention. Your name was the only one I could remember as you were "discussing" with more than 1 poster and from my perspective the first to use an openly hostile tone. I really wasn't meant personally, but to clarify the essence of "please shut up you are all pretty was aimed at"
    • Fenrisulven7
    • Chai
    • HungarianRhapsody
    • noinfo


    But mostly you and Chai if I am being honest as the two of you were most vocal and in that order. You were so busy trying to shout around each other and play the victim that nothing constructive was going to, or frankly ever could, come from the "discussion".
    Just to be clear I am not pretty I am ruggedly handsome, but am happy to let this one pass as I don't think you mean to be offensive but posting something like that can just antagonize everyone which I am betting was not your intention. Remember the forums gives you tools for people whose posts you do not like.
    Milacias of Kyber

    Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

    The Myth- TR will make my character powerful
    The Reality- Those kobolds in Water Works won’t have a chance but nothing else cares-Learn to play your build and all its abilities in actual difficult content, get gear and reaper points in level 30+ content and raids.

  9. #89
    Community Member noinfo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Worth noting also that a debug client on a local machine is also real choppy animation-wise compared to a release client. It should be a little smoother on the real deal version of DDO.
    Your solution to the issue seems to be great! Thank you for addressing this (though I would still like to see the horse on the ship :-)
    Milacias of Kyber

    Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

    The Myth- TR will make my character powerful
    The Reality- Those kobolds in Water Works won’t have a chance but nothing else cares-Learn to play your build and all its abilities in actual difficult content, get gear and reaper points in level 30+ content and raids.

  10. #90
    Community Member Mofus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    No dammit. No. SSG already made horses turn off when you go into a tavern area (including guild ships) because people like you couldn’t figure out how to target a bartender. This is not a real problem. Please don’t break horses more because a few people can’t figure out how to target.
    This!
    Darkwinn, Milkus, Terismina, Gothmawg, Dreylock, Drunarah, Bigbhamboo, etc on Sarlona / Brixlynn, Mofus, Curgoth, Deidlit, etc on Ghalanda.

  11. #91
    Community Member Mofus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    719

    Default

    I think we should protest the op and fill the market place with horses. Occupy DDO! just kidding, butt really, is it that much of a nuisance for you that you are complaining here? Get over it already.
    Darkwinn, Milkus, Terismina, Gothmawg, Dreylock, Drunarah, Bigbhamboo, etc on Sarlona / Brixlynn, Mofus, Curgoth, Deidlit, etc on Ghalanda.

  12. #92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Semi-related, but we've just finished a first draft of Mount Suppression tech - here's a short video I recorded to illustrate its functionality. Furthermore, certain outdoor taverns will simply allow mounted movement without employing suppression, eliminating the awkward dismounts in areas such as The Twelve and Meridia.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzjl-yIz6YM

    To address the OP, we're also tentatively planning a global change that will allow vendors to deploy mount suppression to players that linger in their monitor (aka in the area around the vendor that will leave a shop window open - the radius is relatively small) for a certain period of time. This would eliminate mount crowding around hot spot NPCs, but allow players just passing through to continue unhindered. Thoughts?
    THis looks great. Now if you can figure a fix for Arti's having to turn off their runearm each time they want to mount the horse. Ok, I get it that the runearm is charged and can be fired, just make it so when a player is on the horse, they can't fire anything. Exiting a dungeon is not the main issue, its entering after exiting. Especially in a place like The Keep on the Borderlands or the Cogs where the entrances are close to each other. After having to turn it off when exiting, it gets tough remembering to turn it back on before/after entering a new quest.

  13. #93
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Thoughts?
    A tremendous waste of time and resources.

  14. #94
    Community Member SiliconScout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    2,238

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OfElectricMen View Post
    A tremendous waste of time and resources.
    Says you. Excellent work and the "right" fix for the "issue" says I.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload