Thread: Ips

Default Ips

I was really upset about the IPS Nerf also but i am holding my tongue for now.

the game started off as single target DPS because the mob density in quests was low. as the game aged the mob density started to grow so we started to avoid fights. the Devs added Mandatory fights, lock points and red alert to force the kill the enemies so the game switched to AOE because it was faster to lower single target dps for favor of AOE because the most time spent in quests was now the mob size not the boss fight.

while i understand the IPS having a penalty for using it similar to warlocks chain lighting reduction in DPS, with few other feats / enhancements in the game, im sorry dev's your missing the mark on this one.

chain lighting or any magic scales off of spell power which keeps getting higher and higher. and as such will never be able to balance it

it should be handled on ROF on the equipment and on enhancements in the class class trees to increase the ROF of the equipment to be able to balance it out. you guys are treating ranged as if it was a melee type of style it is not.

make the cores of class trees useful again and worth taking for example core 6 AA's mistic archer add 5% range attack speed

so doing the never ending battle of balance between classes of same type of play style (range vs range) build types would be easier to balance in future classes and additions

i am against the change to IPS for it does little to tame the top dps Ranged builds and really hurts the flavor builds making the further from being useful.

sorry guys posting on cell phone
    Last edited by bls904c2; 01-22-2020 at 05:39 PM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w

Those quests with respawning waves of mobs are really annoying.
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

Be careful comparing IPS to warlock chain (or chain missle, chain lightning).

IPS requires a straight path and a physics hit to hit multiple targets. The caster spells, in contrast, can change direction radically and in some cases actually seek targets.

The only AOE attack i can think of in game which is harder to get right than IPS is a double assassinate.
    Should a reaper see me? I think Death itself should have to make a spot check when I'm rolling up behind him. -- Krimsonrane

Quote Originally Posted by redoubt View Post
    Be careful comparing IPS to warlock chain (or chain missle, chain lightning).

IPS requires a straight path and a physics hit to hit multiple targets. The caster spells, in contrast, can change direction radically and in some cases actually seek targets.

The only AOE attack i can think of in game which is harder to get right than IPS is a double assassinate.
    Pretty much this.

On a warlock If one mob is visible and others are around the corner targeting the visible mob allows me to hit them all (up to the #mobs limit)

IPS requires a straight up conga line formation, and targeting the rear mob. Mobs dont stay in formation, nor do they stay in order.

The nerf demanders under rated IPS skill floor when they demanded the nerf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)