• Yes

35 20.00%
  • No

140 80.00%
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Raise lvl cap?

Default Raise lvl cap?

Poll.

i voted no but just want to reiterate there ARE ways of raising the level cap without running into some of the pitfalls we had every other time the DDO level cap went up

right now it takes 8.25m to get from 20-30, and the pattern suggests it would take 14.25 to get from 20-35. it could just as easily take 8.25m to get from 20-35. or 5m. why not? these are all made up numbers, SSG can make them up some other way whenever they want VERY easily

right now there are a variety of limiters on the character level range that can participate together in dungeons. there could just as easily not be. why not? characters have to be within 6 levels to go in a quest on reaper, that number didn't fall from heaven, it's not a consequence of the laws of thermodynamics. SSG could go into the code right now and change it to a 4, or a 0, or a 15, and the same for all the other grouping / power leveling / etc. deals. more levels inherently spread out the population due to different power levels, we don't HAVE TO put arbitrary limits in on top of that, and removing them will mitigate the inherent impact

right now if we want to gain epic XP efficiently eventually we're compelled to do a heroic TR to reset all the first time bonuses. these could just as easily be reset by epic reincarnation. why not? this granted would require some actual coding work rather than literally changing a number but still, it's a choice, it can be chosen some other way

blowing up old gear and quests would require a lot of work to rebalance that's probably not feasible (and indeed the devs may consider it a feature not a bug) so that's probably unavoidable, but to keep beating this drum, why not? there are lots of things lots of people dislike about level cap increases that don't HAVE to happen. these are all just 1s and 0s; SSG controls them, not the other way around

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w

Angry

Having three figures would be fun... lvl 100 ftw. Normal TR at lvl 20, Epic TR at lvl 30.... and SuperKingKongMega TR at lvl 100 (Epic + Race + Heroic (+ Iconic)).
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

Community Member

Voted no because:

• Endgame will likely consist of 1-2 packs for quite a time after the cap raise.
    • Invalidation of massive amounts of gear.
    • Spreading the already low population out even further.

Counter arguments, though I'm sure no devs care what I say or what this poll says.

• Just add more to current endgame/cap content. There's no reason to make higher levels. I'd actually like higher level quests, but keep player cap at 30 for some extra challenging content.
    • You can add to the pile of endgame gear, and if you add well thought out gear, it will be just as desirable as if it had +1 or +2 to all of its effects. You can even make ML30 gear or something if you really have to. The likely scenario will be there are now 10ish quests that have endgame gear, and everything else is trash in comparison.
    • You should be spending time figuring out how to consolidate the player population, not spread it even thinner. Add some method that allows players at cap to earn heroic/racial past lives. Just a spitball idea, but once you hit 30, you start amassing "past life xp". 10 million past life xp can be spent for the heroic, racial or iconic past life of your choice. Something along the lines, feel free to tweak rules/numbers. Either way, get more people in the same level range.

One nugget of advice to the devs would be, at this point, DO NOT ADD ANY more quests/raids to the game until the level cap has been raised. Please do not add content that will be invalidated before the end of 2020. Get the level cap figured out first, and release that prior to any new quests/gear.
    Last edited by Fivetigers33; 01-22-2020 at 02:45 PM.
    Stratis on Khyber

Want to know my build?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...il-of-the-Bard

Quote Originally Posted by Fivetigers33 View Post
    One nugget of advice to the devs would be, at this point, DO NOT ADD ANY more quests/raids to the game until the level cap has been raised. Please do not add content that will be invalidated before the end of 2020. Get the level cap figured out first, and release that prior to any new quests/gear.
    Do not add any more Legendary content to the game until the level cap plans have been sorted out.
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220

Community Member

Default No More Power

Well, since we don't know what they have in mind, this is tough. I don't want more power in the game. I don't want to obsolete current gear for more power creep, and I don't want to end up at cap with no end game content.

But with that said. If all the Legendary or whatever it would be called did was add a few HP's and Spell Pts with no real power gain, I'd be ok with it. Maybe some cool aura or something

I'm talking No attack bonuses or DC increases. No PRR or MRR gains. No new Feats. No New Power of any sort.

Thumbs up I voted yes

Yes. I would love to see new heights. Eventually our toons will join the Gods and Goddesses for ultra mythic immortal adventure.
    Hello Hello Hello

Default No

nt
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    nt
    Yes!

Default Need a "Neutral" ( Don't Care ) Choice in the poll.

I didn't vote because I don't care one way or the other.
    That is however still a valid response. I think you should have included a "neutral"
    Response in the poll because I am probably not the only player that doesn't really care
    if the level cap is raised or not.
    Originally Posted by grodon9999
    "I'm beginning to think a lot of people play this game because it's cheaper than paying for a Dominatrix."
    Disciplines Disciples - 54 Alts on Khyber and counting

Quote Originally Posted by Fivetigers33 View Post
    Voted no because:

• Endgame will likely consist of 1-2 packs for quite a time after the cap raise.
    • Invalidation of massive amounts of gear.
    • Spreading the already low population out even further.

Voted no. Agree with 5tigers on all of this, especially the stretching out of the thin population. Feywild and Shifters sound fun. And yay for 64bits!

Current legendary raids, and THTH in particular, are still hard. Some of that is gear-check challenges, but also that puzzles need to be done while someone tanks and stuff needs to be CC'd. It's a good, complicated 12-player challenge that asks for lots of different kinds of contributions. Just increasing all the numbers by 20% doesn't do anything positive , but piles on to the new-player barriers, and makes it harder to put together a group.
    Don't be a figjam.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuulified View Post
    Yes!
    good points being made on both sides here

Community Member

Default $%^& no!

I can think of 20 things that this game would benefit from, just off the top of my head, but never once, at any time, ever, have I ever thought to myself while playing DDO, "You know, I really wish we had more levels to play through...."

Quote Originally Posted by SpittingCobra View Post
    Yes. I would love to see new heights. Eventually our toons will join the Gods and Goddesses for ultra mythic immortal adventure.
    *blink*

With TRing we are already there, been there a long time, even have a raid to beat the tar out of a Goddesses navel to prove it.

My vote is for no (like it matters) but I won't throw a fit if they raise it anyway.

I dislike the idea just because of how much level 29 stuff will be invalidated if they raise it.

If they raise the required level to epic reincarnate again too... Ugh, I guess I better start grinding out epic past lives, right?

We just don't want to invalidate the current endgame. Instead we want to build on it.
    I think the power difference between Sharn and Ravenloft was great. We got an addition to the sentient system and some minor stat inflation. The biggest inflation was the DCs of casters, which wasn't even problematic IMO.

Sentient weapons already took us way past the DPS we were doing when Legendary Shroud was endgame. And reaper is a sink for raising difficulty.

The problem is with making gear irrelevant---this leads to people not engaging with content.

We have a fundamental problem with a lot of the loot, in that every new raid is just stat increases on old loot. We need at least 2-3 items in every raid that are a gear benefit to every character. The blade of Jack Jibbers should have been a raid item for example. Raid specific sentient gems are good. Utility items (e.x., improved invisibility clicky, reverse propulsion boots, confetti, turn yourself into a kobold) are good. Bad things include another X weapon with vulnerability that's better than the one in a previous raid, or another set bonus system that locks us into the gear from the new expansion.

A unique feywild mount will be good. Making that mount exclusive to buying the expansion will feel awful. If there were seperate mounts that would be ok IMO, but the raid one should be better looking.
    Last edited by Sam-u-r-eye; 01-22-2020 at 06:17 PM.
    Without new players DDO will go the way of the dodo.
    r10 @ 30 stuff, Sorc Build Guide, Ghallanda

Is gear relevant at all? For what?
    I can get to cap with basic gear... why should I worry about more?

No.

Polls are dumb.

This is an MMO and progression always continue. I look forward to the level cap increase.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast