View Poll Results: Which Permanent Hireling Should be Included with the Feywild Expansion?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gryphon

7 17.95%
  • Stag Centaur

1 2.56%
  • Fomorian Giant

2 5.13%
  • Satyr

15 38.46%
  • Something Else (indicate in comments)

14 35.90%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Feywild Expansion Permanent Hireling

I have been promoting the idea of a Gryphon permanent hireling on the forums for a number of years now, and I may finally get my wish with the Feywild expansion. Please indicate your choice for a Feywild permanent hireling, either from among the poll's choices or state your own.

Dryad
    or Satyr
    THANK YOU SO MUCH

Quote Originally Posted by salmag View Post
    Dryad
    or Satyr
    Please vote above for Satyr.

Community Member

I'm against permanent hirelings, because the more we have, the more difficult its going to be to eventually balance Pets and Summons, and that's something that needs to be done...

Every new hireling is a power multiplier. If we have too many, then we run into an inevitable situation where if Pets and Summons are balanced for most players (1+Hireling) then anyone becomes OP with 4 or 5, or vice versa.

There needs to be changes to the Hireling system itself, like limiting Gold Seals to 1 at a time, or making a generic co-leveling perma-hireling (cf D2) that you can apply cosmetics to, before we should start adding more in.

Community Member

Prismatic Pseudodragon, of course.
    Last edited by Drachmoril; 01-22-2020 at 01:37 PM.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

A level 9/29 Cleric, please.

That's all I want for Festivult next year. A level 9 Permanent Cleric Hireling.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post
    I have been promoting the idea of a Gryphon permanent hireling on the forums for a number of years now, and I may finally get my wish with the Feywild expansion. Please indicate your choice for a Feywild permanent hireling, either from among the poll's choices or state your own.
    Regardless of type, if the hireling doesn't behave/path/do-its-thing-worth-a-damn, I'll pass.

Pixie with trap skills (like the pixie familiar in NWN)

Fairy Dragon or Pixie please.

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Faerie_dragon

Rogue skilled or with some minor illusion spells. Fairy Dragon uses a breath weapon that is like confusion, has color spray, invis, and I think blur.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Fairy Dragon or Pixie please.

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Faerie_dragon

Rogue skilled or with some minor illusion spells. Fairy Dragon uses a breath weapon that is like confusion, has color spray, invis, and I think blur.
    Fairy dragons should be the other cosmetic pet, along with either unicorns or sprites. The unicorn should definitely be a new mount no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post
    Fairy dragons should be the other cosmetic pet, along with either unicorns or sprites. The unicorn should definitely be a new mount no matter what.
    But it would also be neat to have a fairy dragon cosmetic pet and fairy dragon hireling simultaneously the way you can be a druid with your wolf, your falconry chosen bird, two cats, an owlbear and a cosmetic animal pet. And if your still in heroics and it matters at all you can also summon an extra animal. You can play as a one person animal pack. Mowgli sort of.
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Neverwinter Online had a Sprite Companion for its "Fury of the Feywild" expansion, which was the first "module" update to the game almost seven years ago.

A dryad or a pixie.
    Guild I'm one of a kind, Khyber (Originally from Riedra)
    Current Crew: Raika ~ Carolanne ~ Sulthania ~ Yasminne ~ Zazette
    Semi-Active Crew: Rosanna ~ Venusia ~ Coriza
    Retired Crew: Alexandra ~ Samara ~ Zaretta ~ Carelle ~ Katina ~ Nathalya ~ Kristina ~ Nausikaa ~ Carietta ~ Isabella ~ Zyvorra ~ Hetoff
    Guild The Ashen, Khyber
    Retired Crew: Zazumi

Leprechaun
    Bring teleport more inline with PnP: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Basic-Teleport
    Player made quests can work in DDO: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...erated-content

Thumbs up YeSsss

Quote Originally Posted by Drachmoril View Post
    Prismatic Pseudodragon, of course.
    I voted gryphon but this one wasnt there. I would love to have a permanent hireling pseudo-dragon and so would all my dragonborn alts!
    Hello Hello Hello

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

A Heroic level Dryad with Raise Dead and an Elic Dryad with Heal and Resurrection
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arianrhod View Post
    Pixie with trap skills (like the pixie familiar in NWN)
    Oooo! I like!

But withOUT skills leveling with player character's level, is this feasible?

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    your falconry chosen bird... [and] also summon an extra animal.
    Aren't these exclusive?
    Orien: ~Erofen (30 Assassin Rogue) ~Erofenlock (30 EB Warlock) ~Erofenmonk (30 Light Monk) ~Erofentrap (30 Roguerficer (1st TR/Legend Build ever)) ~Erofenbarb (30 Barb) ~Erofenbless (30 FvS Chest Blesser) ~Erofenthree (30 Bard Dualbox) ~Erofenten (30 Barb Triplebox)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    Um, I'm almost afraid to ask, but exactly just what is 'sneak humping'? Kex! Stop It! O.o

Quote Originally Posted by Erofen View Post
    Aren't these exclusive?
    I wouldn't know for certain. I haven't used Falconry. I was just trying to list out all the possible animals you could run around with off the top of my head. If the bird from the enhancement tree is canceled out by summon animal/monster spells that's kind of silly but totally in keeping with DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradik_Losdar View Post
    Leprechaun
    Only if it's voiced by Warwick Davis.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast