Smile Only Sorcerer and Barbarian remain...

Iconics have taken all but these two basic classes to use. Any ideas, thoughts, or considerations for these last two? I'm thinking kobold and then the iconic sorcerer kobold. And maybe duerger iconic barbarian. That is my guess. I can't wait to find out what it comes down to when these two inevitably get added to the iconic menu!!!
    Hello Hello Hello

With the Eberron setting it's also possible an iconic barbarian might be a Talenta Halfling, maybe even with it's own dinosaur mount
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post
    With the Eberron setting it's also possible an iconic barbarian might be a Talenta Halfling, maybe even with it's own dinosaur mount
    Drow barbarian is more likely for Eberron, though.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Rashemi Berserker. Incorporate animal forms as a racial AP line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Community Member

When Shifters are introduced with the Feywild expansion I think of the two remaining that Barbarian is the most likely choice for their iconic.Personally ranger would be more iconic for Shifters, but if we're going for unclaimed classes then barbarian will work.

I'd personally like either a dwarf battlerager iconic for barbarian, or a duergar
    Orien: ][Vladtepes][Gelatinous][Lelitha]

Not sure there's much choice for Sorcerer.
    Sorcery is born from Draconic bloodlines or Wild magic.
    We already got Dragonborn.

Maybe Wild Mage?
    Jaigle- Jaizle - Zhentas - Envie - EE solo album - Youtube Channel
    ex Devourer player

Quote Originally Posted by Dabima View Post
    I'd personally like either a dwarf battlerager iconic for barbarian, or a duergar
    Dwarf battlerager makes the most sense to me. I'd like to see a duergar sub race, but I can't recall anything lore-wise that would make them an iconic barb.
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

If they plan to reuse existing races, Dragonborn sorcerer and halforc or dwarf/Duergar barbarian are the obvious options. Then again, they don't always go for the obvious combos; nothing about sun elves screams cleric to me, and yet we have Morninglord.

So calling it now: halfling Battlerager and halforc sorcerer!
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Community Member

I really hope they dont make the iconic Barb a -2 STR race...

A rampaging halfling berserker just doesnt have the same satisfying feel, its too comical :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dabima View Post
    This'd be my preference too. Dwarfs need some love. And Duergar would be an obvious racial variant or Battlerager Iconic, and go along with Drow and DGs we already have to flesh out the Underdark races.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl1tz View Post
    Not sure there's much choice for Sorcerer.
    Sorcery is born from Draconic bloodlines or Wild magic.
    We already got Dragonborn.

Maybe Wild Mage?
    This seems likely - new races tend to have new Iconics, and the Feywild is magic-oriented, so a Shifter Sorc may be the way that goes in.

What a big number of players had and still have been asking for;

Bugbear and Goblinoids, Orc and similar races should be added.

It is 2020. Older players keep asking for it for fifteen years ? (Naysayers are naysayers shrugs)

About classes what everyone and their grandparents used since the dawn of first DDO release was Rogue splash (Neon lights), Fighter splash and Barbarian splash. Ranger is allready at the stage for a very long time. Doesnt seem to need much help afterall.

What we heard at the forums and fan pages and wiki:

What I know is Kalashtar and Psionics will arrive if the said future plans wont change for the development team... Kobold may arrive. Alchemist is allready here. Not a hardcore for of any except the Kobold. I will still buy and support the development team for sure.

Some of the dear developers may be thinking on Githyanki and Githzerai. May be Yugoloth and Illythid aswell...Medusa is zexier than Tieflings...We have Malicia fans... (shrugs) I am not a foreseer anyhow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUBB2_jCCWo
    Last edited by Kutalp; 01-22-2020 at 11:02 AM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-vgrCICAf0
    Basements & Rogue Dinosaurs

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

I'm so down with this. Maybe have a "Furious Rage" enhancement that gives like +4 Str while raging to make up for the racial penalty

And an "Oversized Weapons" enhancement that gives them PDK/HOrc-sized weapons instead, so you don't lose reach.

Would be hilarious!
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutalp View Post
    What a big number of players had and still have been asking for;

Bugbear and Goblinoids, Orc and similar races should be added.

It is 2020. Older players keep asking for it for fifteen years ?
    I've been playing for 11 years and I'm an older player (past 50) and this is the first time I've seen anyone in the forums ask for Bugbear, Goblinoid, or Orcs (aside from half orcs which we have) as player races.

(Naysayers are naysayers shrugs)
    You want these things? (That's weird /shrugs)

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    I've been playing for 11 years and I'm an older player (past 50) and this is the first time I've seen anyone in the forums ask for Bugbear, Goblinoid, or Orcs (aside from half orcs which we have) as player races.

You want these things? (That's weird /shrugs)

Nice troll. Players keep asking for those and Kobold for ages...You do not have to buy and play with any of these if you dont wish to. (Thats natural/shrugs)
    Last edited by Kutalp; 01-22-2020 at 03:04 PM.

Nice troll.
    Not a troll, at least no more so than your "naysayers will be naysayers shrugs" troll was.

Players keep asking for those and Kobold for ages...
    Kobolds yes, the others not. Kobolds were up for a vote to be included in U35 but lost out to Dragonborn. There has never been enough (or any) support or cry for the other races you mentioned. I suppose you might be able to find a post here and there by a player or three that would support it, but to make the statement that a "big number of players had and still have been asking for; Bugbear and Goblinoids, Orc and similar races" is blatantly false.

You do not have to buy and play with any of these if you dont wish to. (Thats natural/shrugs)
    Oh really? I suppose you never heard of Racial Completionist? I suppose SSG will just wave off the requirements for that so I don't have to play a Kutalp Bugbear? /shrugs

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    Not a troll, at least no more so than your "naysayers will be naysayers shrugs" troll was.

Kobolds yes, the others not. Kobolds were up for a vote to be included in U35 but lost out to Dragonborn. There has never been enough (or any) support or cry for the other races you mentioned. I suppose you might be able to find a post here and there by a player or three that would support it, but to make the statement that a "big number of players had and still have been asking for; Bugbear and Goblinoids, Orc and similar races" is blatantly false.

Oh really? I suppose you never heard of Racial Completionist? I suppose SSG will just wave off the requirements for that so I don't have to play a Kutalp Bugbear? /shrugs

Those old players. Many of them sailed away or log in to post at several occasions. I amone of those players who used to and still post. Thank you.

Why would you play a Bugbear named after me ? I would like to see you as a fellow Kobold.

I respect your choices. I hope you do respect other people's choices aswell ?

I remember seeing your posts before but pretty rare. Are you someone's alt ?

Take care of yourself buddy. There is no hate here. Just ordinary old and grumpy players and posters.

Those old players. Many of them sailed away or log in to post at several occasions. I amone of those players who used to and still post. Thank you.

Why would you play a Bugbear named after me ? I would like to see you as a fellow Kobold.

I respect your choices. I hope you do respect other people's choices aswell ?

I remember seeing your posts before but pretty rare. Are you someone's alt ?

Take care of yourself buddy. There is no hate here. Just ordinary old and grumpy players and posters.
    I respect yours as well, I just wanted to state that there are not really a lot of players calling for bugbears and goblinoid races.

I post a few times a day usually. Everyone's post count is listed for all to see under their name. Why would someone's number of posts indicate an alt account? You can click on my name and see all my posts. Using the forums is pretty easy, even for us old guys.

Cool Holy Shifters!!!

The next race will be shifters! I just read the news. How epically awesome! I will take a wild guess that they will come in premium form and iconic barbarian form. Call it a hunch. That leaves just sorcerer if Im correct about my hunch. Sorcerer will either come with kobold premium and iconic sorcerer kobold or the last iconic will go to dragonborn sorcerer. I love this game!
    Hello Hello Hello