Default Iconics and the Future

I believe one of the constraints that I have read about Iconics is that they have to be a base class that is FTP.

I wonder if SSG could make it so that a new type of Iconic would be made where it doesn't have that constraint, and when you purchase it, you then purchase that class. So, it might be a premium way to buy that class (costs around an Iconic + a Class), but would allow for Iconic2.0 perhaps.

I absolutely love the idea of Iconics that have FvS, Warlock and Artificer!!! I think that would be fantastic!

Also, as an aside, think it would be a cool idea for a future Hard Core Season to have to play an Iconic and to have to get from 15-30. Heh.

Happy gaming!
    Taleisin

These are cool ideas!
    Hello Hello Hello

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasHunter View Post
    I wonder if SSG could make it so that a new type of Iconic would be made where it doesn't have that constraint, and when you purchase it, you then purchase that class. So, it might be a premium way to buy that class (costs around an Iconic + a Class), but would allow for Iconic2.0 perhaps.
    I'd say once the full set of F2P-class Iconics are finished (and it's like 2 left IIRC) that's the logical next step. Since they seem to release one ~every 2 years, it seems reasonable to estimate Iconics 2.0 in 5ish years.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

One thing I liked in HCL is that iconics
    started at lvl 1.

as odd as that sounded, it was fun running an
    iconic race from lvl1 and I would hope they would add
    that option at the character creation on regular servers.

Start at level 1 or 15 your choice.
    Planescape City of Doors for DDO endgame. Even dying in certain places can create new adventures.