Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Feywild

Quote Originally Posted by Zretch View Post
    Just say no to Blink Dogs. 4 legged phase spiders that can trip you? NO!
    Maybe we'd stop hearing about the advantage of ranged if everyone with a crossbow started complaining about mobs that teleport behind you and trip attack often.

Aren't blink dogs good aligned anyhow? They shouldnt be auto-aggro attacking PCs in slayer zones or quests randomly grouped in packs of 5-8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Feywild, and the Shadowfell, are coexisting planes as the material plain. The Feywild and Shadowfell plains of existence are sometimes referred to as an Echo of the Material plain.

In theory SSG could reuse the Stormhorn Mountains Wilderness Adventure Area (and the associated quests) and term them into a wild lush thick green garden of a zone, think of the wilds of the Amazon Jungle, filled with Fey creatures and call it Feywild. The opposite is true for the Shadowfell, same zone, bleak, black and nearly lifeless; think eternal night in the black lava fields of Iceland.

Both the shadowfell and feywild are extremely hostile places and filled with extremes. In the Feywild it is not uncommon for plants, vines, and trees to want to feed upon other living creatures. In the Shadowfell the bleak landscape hides many hunters seeking a quick meal.

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

Community Member

At risk of perpetuating the sort of he-said-she-said communication that spreads misinformation so often on this forum, I've heard that adding search functionality to the TR cache is as mechanically touchy as some suspect it is. I don't know many details, but even assuming that this is true, I don't see why it should exclude the prospect of:

-Level-ordered TR caches
    -Alphabetized TR caches

Here is the release trailer for Neverwinter Online's "Fury of the Feywild" expansion from 2013. This is probably the kind of aesthetic feel we can expect from a DDO Feywild expansion (note the unicorn mounts).

Quote Originally Posted by salmag View Post
    I had thought Feywild was similar to Shadowfell; whereas Shadowfell is dark, Feywild is colorful.
    Same template basically only bright and cheery.

I wouldn't mind a Cyclops creature companion.

Maybe this will open the gates to SIGIL. More planar worlds await.
    Are cyclops found in The Feywild?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Human_Cypher View Post
    Are cyclops found in The Feywild?
    Uhm it was right there in your earlier link under Fomorian Society.

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Fomorian

Post #14 of this thread.

I read everything... I don't retain half of it but I read it.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Just a reminder to a few folks,
    NWO has Feywild but their version might be completely
    different from DDO or not.

It is great to hear that we are getting new content and
    I hope we don't do too much second guessing until
    we, at least, have more information particular to the
    DDO version.

But after all is said and done, good to see some new major stuff coming.
    Planescape City of Doors for DDO endgame. Even dying in certain places can create new adventures.

Default Thelanis, Lamannia, and the Feywild

In the mythos of Eberron the plain of Thelanis, The Faerie Court is also known as the Feywild. At least under 4e PnP D&D. The materials for 5e for Eberron does not address the other Planes, yet.

Thelanis is a lush wooded forest, home to Feyspires which are also known as the Seven Jewels of Thelanis. The Feyspires are the cities of the Eladrin and Gnomes, the primary inhabitants if this Thelanis. The Feyspires used to exist in both Thelanis and in the Material plane. On the Day of Morning the effects of the cataclysm locked the Feyspires on the Material Plane in Eberron.
    One of the Seven Jewels of Thalanis is the ruins of Shae Tirias Tolai in central Xen'drik. Early in the Age of Giants when Shae Tirias Tolai manifested in the Material Plane the Giants of Xen'drik captured the city and enslaved its Eladrin population. The decedents of these Eladrin slaves became the drow and elven race (tribes) we know in Eberron. These races and others consider Shae Tirias Tolai as the birthplace of both the Drow and Elven races.

In Eberron the Greensinger Druids maintain a relationship with Eladrin and Gnomes of Thelanis, in Eldeen Reaches the Towering Woods sits on the border of Breeland and Aundair, has a known current manifest point between the two planes.

Lamannia or the Twilight Forest is an untamed Wilderness plain that is vastly uninhabited by more intelligent races. In DDO lore Gnolls come from Lamannia, but that is not completely supported by PnP works and I think Turbine reworked the lore to remove some of those references years ago. I always think of the American or Canadian Rockies when I picture Lamannia.
    During the Great Purge by the Silver Flame (roughly 200 years ago) many Lycanthrope including Shifters fled to Lamannia. A vast majority of all Shifters currently reside in Lamannia.

Lamannia and Thelanis have links and elemental Fey travel between the two planes.

In Forgotten Realms mythos the Feywild and Shadowfell are considered echos of the primary plane that are polar opposites of one another. While the Geography of both the Shadowfell and Feywild is extremely similar the Feywild is a Lush Forest eerily similar to the Amazon Rain Forest. The Noble Eladrin have numerous settlements or citadels through out the Feywild. After the Spellplague two Elven Citidals (Nations) exist in the Feywild; the Island of Evermeet and woods of Sildeyuir. There is a connection in Myth Drannor between the two planes as well.
    The Feydark is the Underdark of the Feywild, a place of godless beasts.
    Last edited by GoldyGopher; 01-23-2020 at 04:26 PM.

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

Could be cool, last few packs/ updates were nicely done.
    Darkwinn, Milkus, Terismina, Gothmawg, Dreylock, Drunarah, Bigbhamboo, etc on Sarlona / Brixlynn, Mofus, Curgoth, Deidlit, etc on Ghalanda.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by GoldyGopher View Post
    In the mythos of Eberron the plain of Thelanis, The Faerie Court is also known as the Feywild. At least under 4e PnP D&D. The materials for 5e for Eberron does not address the other Plains, yet.

Thelanis is a lush wooded forest, home to Feyspires which are also known as the Seven Jewels of Thelanis. The Feyspires are the cities of the Eladrin and Gnomes, the primary inhabitants if this Thelanis. The Feyspires used to exist in both Thelanis and in the Material plain. On the Day of Morning the effects of the cataclysm locked the Feyspires on the Material Plain in Eberron.
    One of the Seven Jewels of Thalanis is the ruins of Shae Tirias Tolai in central Xen'drik. Early in the Age of Giants when Shae Tirias Tolai manifested in the Material Plain the Giants of Xen'drik captured the city and enslaved its Eladrin population. The decedents of these Eladrin slaves became the drow and elven race (tribes) we know in Eberron. These races and others consider Shae Tirias Tolai as the birthplace of both the Drow and Elven races.

In Eberron the Greensinger Druids maintain a relationship with Eladrin and Gnomes of Thelanis, in Eldeen Reaches the Towering Woods sits on the border of Breeland and Aundair, has a known current manifest point between the two plains.

Lamannia or the Twilight Forest is an untamed Wilderness plain that is vastly uninhabited by more intelligent races. In DDO lore Gnolls come from Lamannia, but that is not completely supported by PnP works and I think Turbine reworked the lore to remove some of those references years ago. I always think of the American or Canadian Rockies when I picture Lamannia.
    During the Great Purge by the Silver Flame (roughly 200 years ago) many Lycanthrope including Shifters fled to Lamannia. A vast majority of all Shifters currently reside in Lamannia.

Lamannia and Thelanis have links and elemental Fey travel between the two plains.

In Forgotten Realms mythos the Feywild and Shadowfell are considered echos of the primary plain that are polar opposites of one another. While the Geography of both the Shadowfell and Feywild is extremely similar the Feywild is a Lush Forest eerily similar to the Amazon Rain Forest. The Noble Eladrin have numerous settlements or citadels through out the Feywild. After the Spellplague two Elven Citidals (Nations) exist in the Feywild; the Island of Evermeet and woods of Sildeyuir. There is a connection in Myth Drannor between the two plains as well.

Good post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-vgrCICAf0
    Basements & Rogue Dinosaurs

Community Member

plains
    Planes

Dont mean to be pedantic but this was bothering me...imagining broad prairies full of pixies and sprites....

Plainscape sounds like a much different setting too...

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Planes

Dont mean to be pedantic but this was bothering me...imagining broad prairies full of pixies and sprites....

Plainscape sounds like a much different setting too...
    It was late, my autocorrect was in over drive and I was sleep deprived.

My excuse and I am sticking to it.

The funny part is I even knew it was wrong this morning and didn't fix it.

lol don't feel bad.

I sometimes reread my posts and I say "what in the hell did I type?"
    Planescape City of Doors for DDO endgame. Even dying in certain places can create new adventures.

Here is a discussion from almost two years ago in the 'Suggestions & Ideas' subforum proposing a Feywild update to DDO, complete with D&D supplement images:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...e-Feywild-quot

I'd love to see the Feywild Wilderness start off as a replica of an existing Wilderness (King's Forest would be my preference, given the number of unused potential dungeon entrances in it), but becoming brighter and more surreal as you go further in. Multiple nature based Wildernesses could be used as the starting points (e.g. Tangleroot or Threnal from Eberron and the King's Forest in Faerun), with entrances in the same locations as the current wildernesses in the regular world(s) but entering a single Feywild Wilderness (at different locations) based on the existing maps, but merging into a new area unrelated to the starting wildernesses (allowing for mixtures of familiar and different, and monster crossover in quests).
    Bettayne Brah'dukcc, Cleric of Lathander
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life

For DDO Queries, check out ddowiki.com; New to the game? Head to the Newbie Guide

In the mythos of Eberron the plain of Thelanis, The Faerie Court is also known as the Feywild. At least under 4e PnP D&D. The materials for 5e for Eberron does not address the other Planes, yet.

Thelanis is a lush wooded forest, home to Feyspires which are also known as the Seven Jewels of Thelanis. The Feyspires are the cities of the Eladrin and Gnomes, the primary inhabitants if this Thelanis. The Feyspires used to exist in both Thelanis and in the Material plane. On the Day of Morning the effects of the cataclysm locked the Feyspires on the Material Plane in Eberron.
    One of the Seven Jewels of Thalanis is the ruins of Shae Tirias Tolai in central Xen'drik. Early in the Age of Giants when Shae Tirias Tolai manifested in the Material Plane the Giants of Xen'drik captured the city and enslaved its Eladrin population. The decedents of these Eladrin slaves became the drow and elven race (tribes) we know in Eberron. These races and others consider Shae Tirias Tolai as the birthplace of both the Drow and Elven races.

In Eberron the Greensinger Druids maintain a relationship with Eladrin and Gnomes of Thelanis, in Eldeen Reaches the Towering Woods sits on the border of Breeland and Aundair, has a known current manifest point between the two planes.

Lamannia and Thelanis have links and elemental Fey travel between the two planes.

In Forgotten Realms mythos the Feywild and Shadowfell are considered echos of the primary plane that are polar opposites of one another. While the Geography of both the Shadowfell and Feywild is extremely similar the Feywild is a Lush Forest eerily similar to the Amazon Rain Forest. The Noble Eladrin have numerous settlements or citadels through out the Feywild. After the Spellplague two Elven Citidals (Nations) exist in the Feywild; the Island of Evermeet and woods of Sildeyuir. There is a connection in Myth Drannor between the two planes as well.
    +1

Thank you for this
    THANK YOU SO MUCH

maybe we will get a "My Little Pony" mount!!!
    Leader of Legion of Eberron on Cannith.

Characters: Loromir & Baldomir....among others.

Quote Originally Posted by Loromir View Post

Ha ha !

Quote Originally Posted by Loromir View Post
    Someday...

Default F3ywild Reaper run b3 like

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast