Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Default Speculation on levels past 30

Let the wild guesses begin!

I’m betting on Legendary levels with a new type of XP earned at level 30+ only - just like how Epic Destinies were a new type of XP only earned after you hit the existing cap of 20.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Heroic Levels 1-20
    Epic Levels 21-30
    Reaper Levels 31-35

Introducing feats that are only to be gained past 30, and apply only when in reaper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post

I’m betting on Legendary levels with a new type of XP earned at level 30+ only - just like how Epic Destinies were a new type of XP only earned after you hit the existing cap of 20.
    yeah

Edit: and you will still be able to get to cap wearing korthos gear and updating your weapon (Epic SOS) for example.
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

Community Member

True multiclassing where you cap 20 in each class... so you'll end up 60 with the current triple classing followed by four classing in 2021... :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w

Default I'd buy that for a dollar!

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    True multiclassing where you cap 20 in each class... so you'll end up 60 with the current triple classing followed by four classing in 2021... :P
    I'd buy that for a dollar!
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0

Community Member

Epic feats are enhanced and reset, to balance the game across all play styles and remove the OPness of some of them.

Community Member

Level 31+

Introducing the true end game.

Once you take L31 you can no longer TR that character.

LOL. You did ask for WILD speculation, didn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNiCd View Post
    Level 31+

Introducing the true end game.

Once you take L31 you can no longer TR that character.

LOL. You did ask for WILD speculation, didn't you?
    I'll do one (corrupt a wish) better...

For each Level above 30, you can only gain another Level Cap increase (Max of 40) through the "sacrifice" of an identical level toon of identical background (Past Life Feats). This "sacrificed" toon is deleted from the game.
    For every TR you have obtained on a specific character that wants to increase their Level Cap, the sacrificed character must have the same "Past Life" Feats availalable to them. So "Completionists" need another "Completionist" to increase their level cap. Although there is no distinction between a Heroic Completionist and a tripple Heroic Completionist.
    28 Point Builds therefore will be able to increase their Level cap the easiest.
    Those with Past Lives will take longer to increase their Level Cap (to level up towards).

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

It would be nice to have something more to do at cap than to grind gear that you'll only ever have access to at cap anyways. That was one of my favorite things about reaper: I could stay at cap and run content that I enjoyed but not feel like I was wasting time being unproductive.

All that earned XP at cap should go somewhere. I'm a fan of having it carry over to your next life, maybe at a 100:1 ratio or something. Of course that would never happen. It would completely invalidate all heroic content up till like, level 15 or something. Hmm... now that I think of it that sounds oddly familiar.

This thread slipped in while I was on the producer letter one so the idea is cross posted.

Elder Scrolls uses a system where you cap at level 50 but continue to accrue XP which is applied to champion points to purchase various abilities and passives. I could support something like that.
    What do you mean a -6 armor class is no good anymore?

Baldric, Mulray, Tirimon, Clant, Melkazar, Dorakeen, Blastium
    If one of them falls off a cliff, it ain't their fault.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by J1NG View Post
    I'll do one (corrupt a wish) better...

For each Level above 30, you can only gain another Level Cap increase (Max of 40) through the "sacrifice" of an identical level toon of identical background (Past Life Feats). This "sacrificed" toon is deleted from the game.
    For every TR you have obtained on a specific character that wants to increase their Level Cap, the sacrificed character must have the same "Past Life" Feats availalable to them. So "Completionists" need another "Completionist" to increase their level cap. Although there is no distinction between a Heroic Completionist and a tripple Heroic Completionist.
    28 Point Builds therefore will be able to increase their Level cap the easiest.
    Those with Past Lives will take longer to increase their Level Cap (to level up towards).

J1NG
    Heh - better start building your 'sacrificial henchmen' today!

Simply put, the next incarnation of past lives is about to begin. Legendary past lives, to whatever level cap they introduce (guessinging 35??) I would hope planar travel and infiltration. Let's hope it is fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anuulified View Post
    Simply put, the next incarnation of past lives is about to begin. Legendary past lives, to whatever level cap they introduce (guessinging 35??) I would hope planar travel and infiltration. Let's hope it is fun!!
    This game needs more past lives like it needs a computer virus. I'd be fine with a system similar to epic destinies but please for the love of D&D no new reincarnation hamster wheels. We are human beings not hamsters.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

I don't see them using the term 'reaper' for levels.
    They already use it for dungeon levels and that might
    cause confusion.

other than that, no clue.

Legendary levels probably 30-35. These levels only gain experience from quests level 30+, no xp penalty for being over level (to compensate for the lack of 33+ quests, and to not void out lvl 30 quests).
    Additional stat point at 32.
    Additional general/epic feat at 33.
    Second Scion at 35.

Included with a legendary TR, which *should* resets your first time bonus for legendary quests! Prolly a stance bonus, only 1 active at a time, and a passive bonus +1 skills(can't have too much power creep!) based around scions.

Or alternatively a new Legendary system that works like epic destinies and you get more buttons to press from legendary destinies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    This game needs more past lives like it needs a computer virus. I'd be fine with a system similar to epic destinies but please for the love of D&D no new reincarnation hamster wheels. We are human beings not hamsters.
    The only way I'd be fine with "legendary past lives" earned 30+ is if it accompanied a EXP squish for 1-30 (mostly in the 20-30 space) so that getting to the new cap took the same time as it takes to get to 30 now (with the added bonus that doing 20-30 for epic past lives would be shortened). If large new grinds are introduced the old grinds should get a catchupmechanic to make it less horrible for new/returning players as well as anyone who's not a completion.

That begin said I'm against any "legendary pastlives" or a level cap over 30 at all, this is just the way I think it'd be the least horrible.

I'd prefer future progression in a feywild expansion pack to be done through expanding on existing progression systems: a new epic destiny sphere even if it would technically introduce more power creep through more epic past lives, Destiny feats, and fatepoints it wouldn't spread the playerbase like a level cap raise, and probably wouldn't be as devastating powercreep rise as adding X new levels. Could also do even more with sentient weapons (new filigree, new version of spark of memory, new minor and major artifacts.)

Another way would be to just copypaste the reaper point system and give "legendary points" for every X amount of exp earned in level 30+ quests while at cap, without actually increasing the player levels past 30, while this would be better than just adding X more epic levels (or epic levels rehashed as 'legendary levels') it would still feel a little lazy.

Community Member

Default This game needs more past lives like it needs a computer virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post

word

Community Member

Default Opinion, Speculation, Prediction

The people making the big picture decisions about the direction of this game, shouldn't be.

(because...)

More grind will drive more people from the game, add more grind (to the added grind that's above the added grind they are adding), and lead to more p2w in the store. And the more people that leave will cause more grind to be added to the game so that the fewer that remain will have to spend more. It's called a death spiral for a reason.

But don't worry, there's always someone nearby to claim all is good and they will buy more subscriptions to compensate for player loss.

I am guessing they are going to do Legendary levels as 30-50, with legendary reincarnations taking you back to level 30.

Every LgR gives you -1 to all ability stats each life. Once you have incurred a -10 penalty to all ability stats, you unlock the kobold player race, which only lets you equip kobold prayer beads and 1 simple weapon or shaman casting implement. Kurtulmak becomes the main deity for ddo endgame.

Let the wild guesses begin!....
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast