Community Member

Default Legendary gearset for Assassin / VKF: hotbar macro question

Following from the previous thread, this gearset has really challenged me. It's the dual nature of the toon that is making it so tough. There are times when I Assassinate, there are times when I just DPS a quest, and there are times when I do both almost simultaneously. There are simply not enough slots to have everything.

That being said, I think I've landed on a solution that allows me to swap in the Silverthread belt for DPS (i'll need it badly for Cocoon), while trading off Hide/MS (and a bit off of saves and WIS) in the process. The issue is that I'll need to be able to very quickly go from 'Stealth/Assassinate' setup to 'DPS' setup, like the moment an Assassinate fails. My currently plan requires two pieces of gear to be swapped. I desperately need one key to swap those two pieces of gear.

So, does DDO provide a method for macroing hotbar keys into one key? If not, is there a another way to accomplish this. I've proven to be horrible at mashing keys in general, and gear swapping in particular, to the point that I'm pretty sure this will not work for me if I can't make this just one key to hit.

Thanks for any advice you might have.

EDIT: I forgot that I will probably have a third piece of gear with Assassinate to swap out as well. This could simply be Epic Assassin's Kiss, but potentially something else as well, Leg. Knifepalm being perhaps the ultimate one.

EDIT 2: I've been living with manual trapping gear swapouts, not as bad since I'm typically not under duress at the time. But leaving trapping gear on and gimping my next engagement (or more typically the rest of the quest) is a specialty of mine. I'd love to fix that too.
    Last edited by 0ldschool; 01-21-2020 at 05:57 PM.
    Zanthiss - L30 Mechanic - Cannith: Hand of Death
    Zamsil - L30 TWF VKF assassin

I've got a Dungeon Master's Guide... I've got 12 sided die...

Community Member

nm, I learned about autohotkeys through forum posts. In about 10 minutes I had it up and running. This is a game changer for me! It takes about 1 second per gear item swap, but I can live with that.
    Zanthiss - L30 Mechanic - Cannith: Hand of Death
    Zamsil - L30 TWF VKF assassin

I've got a Dungeon Master's Guide... I've got 12 sided die...