Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Overall I'm looking forward to the up coming changes. However hitting level 30 and receiving a scion already feels like you've achieved cap for epic levels. Instead of adding to the existing system maybe introduce legendary levels.

Community Member

Default That'll be 2 bits

While the 64-bit client is probably a welcome (and needed) step forward, is there an end-of-support date planned for the 32-bit client? The laptop I use to play DDO on sometimes has a 32-bit OS.
    Would appreciate a heads up on when things might stop working there.

Thanks!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by darknoobslayer View Post
    Overall I'm looking forward to the up coming changes. However hitting level 30 and receiving a scion already feels like you've achieved cap for epic levels. Instead of adding to the existing system maybe introduce legendary levels.
    If they're not looking at changing the xp required to epic TR, then that would certainly be a way to do it. Have 31-35 be "legendary levels", and you can ETR any time after hitting 30, just like you can HTR any time after hitting 20.

I am crazy perplexed as to all the gnashing of teeth over an expanded level cap. The nature of MMOs is not to "invalidate current progression", but to give you something more to work towards rather than life number 235. You still need all those items that you've obtained to complete the new content, where you can get newer items that allow you to complete newer content and so on. Progression isn't progression if it stays the same. Yes, you'll need to go earn more stuff, but isn't that the point? Something new to do that isn't complete within the first two weeks of the expansion being released.

ooooooohh Myth Dranoor perhaps, maybe? hopefully??

Well according to Cordovan on twitch its definitely a level cap increase. Whether we want it or not (IMHO).

And its subsequent but heartfelt emotion.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Zretch View Post
    If they're not looking at changing the xp required to epic TR, then that would certainly be a way to do it. Have 31-35 be "legendary levels", and you can ETR any time after hitting 30, just like you can HTR any time after hitting 20.

I am crazy perplexed as to all the gnashing of teeth over an expanded level cap. The nature of MMOs is not to "invalidate current progression", but to give you something more to work towards rather than life number 235. You still need all those items that you've obtained to complete the new content, where you can get newer items that allow you to complete newer content and so on. Progression isn't progression if it stays the same. Yes, you'll need to go earn more stuff, but isn't that the point? Something new to do that isn't complete within the first two weeks of the expansion being released.
    Its another iteration of "market audience saturated with current levels of character power, so begin adding the game space needed for the next completely separate monetized grind system."

This causes many of the situations people argue about on the forums.
    -Too much grind
    -Too much power creep
    -Too much character power*
    -Population too low
    -Population spread too thin over large level range

*Part of the reason its so easy to build characters people want nerfed when they see it perform is because the recipe is hilariously easy with multiple completely separate systems in play. Take the highest DPS heroic class tree, combine it with the highest DPS synergizing ED, then cover up all weaknesses with permanent effects on gear, permanent TR life bonus, and point allocations into defensive reaper tree.

Its not even min maxing any more. Its max maxing, and cover-up of all weaknesses using different systems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

the nature of MMOs is the M for Multiplayer. a DDO-style level cap increase spreads out the community both at any given point AND between long timers and newcomers

this is exacerbated by a lack of clear vision for how the various level systems interact - consider that throwing a heroic TR in here and there makes getting epic past lives dramatically easier, which is facially ridiculous and only stands to be compounded

IF (extreme emphasis required) on the other hand the level cap is increased without doing those things, it'll be fine. there are many avenues mentioned for this in this very thread - reducing XP requirements, for example. SSG has given no indication they're even aware of these issues, let alone interested in addressing them, so i see no reason to believe this level cap increase will be any different than prior DDO level cap increases

Hero
    ([ ]'.')>-{===> <( ;..; <)

I really like hearing that focus will be on QoL and improving old content. I'm very, very scared of the level cap increase, though. People complain about lack of content at max level and with a higher cap there will be even less as the entire current cap stuff will be obsolete. The grind for past-lives is also killing the joy for a lot of people, so having to get even more XP for an epic TR sounds horrible. I also hope that it won't bring even more power creep in the way that epic destinies did as I believe power creep is the biggest flaw that DDO is suffering from right now.
    I'll wait to see how it's all handled, though. Maybe you guys have some ideas to fix all the issues with an increased cap.

Thanks for the letter! Most of the stuff sounds really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Well according to Cordovan on twitch its definitely a level cap increase. Whether we want it or not (IMHO).
    Welcome to ****** version of world of warcraft. Enjoy max lvl 100 coming soon, enjoy mobs with 500k hp, enjoy 200k dmg per hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    i really don't understand SSG's communication strategy

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

This all looks great except the pushing past level 30 part.

SSG, please don't raise level cap over 30. The population is way too spread out as it is.

Community Member

*Don't spread the player base out more!!!!*

Cause it's the players spreading them out not the level cap increase. 67(reaper able) Legendary quests atm + 2 possible packs for legendary. Which means only quests post level cap increase will come from the expansion itself (at min what 12 quests?). All of a sudden the original 67 quests are no longer able to be done at lvl 28+!!!! So my lfm' will be 32+ only for those 67 original quests. So yes I personally will spread out the population, and limit them saying they are no longer adequate, even if they could do them before the level cap increase!

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    We are quite a ways out from being prepared to announce specifics on our plans for character progression past level 30. What we are willing to say at this point, however, is that one of our goals is to NOT increase the amount of XP required to complete an Epic Reincarnation.
    there is absolutely NO NEED for any more single character progression in this game.

THIS:
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    This all sounds fascinating, but I could do without the level cap increase. Every single time time you guys have increased the level cap historically three things have happened:

1. All of the existing endgame gear has been completely invalidated.
    2. Most of the current LEVELING gear has ALSO been invalidated or broken by some new corresponding loot update.
    3. There isn't enough current endgame content, so only a tiny smattering of builds that can get ahold of decent endgame gear are valid for endgame now.
    4. The next 5/6 updates become a desperate attempt to reinvigorate the now horribly narrow and limited endgame.
    5. Reincarnating gains a new level of headache.

I won't launch a protest or anything, but I'm very skeptical that you have any plans where raising the level cap will actually bring something new and interesting to the game as opposed to options like:

1. Adding new legendary feat options.
    2. Adding new epic/destiny feats.
    3. More expansion of the sentient weapons system.
    4. A new epic destiny circle.
    5. New universal enhancement trees.
    6. Account-based options
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (4), Naerfelka (21)

Here is an answer: we do not need any more extreme single character progression. If you have done so much on one character, do another and try something out a little different. It is absurd to have so much stuff constantly appearing for making a single toon ridiculously UBER.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (4), Naerfelka (21)

Quote Originally Posted by Zakharov View Post
    That is the most depressing news since the last lvl cap increase.

Please no more! There is no need to ever push past lvl 30. So many other avenues of advancement are possible, as others have mentioned. What about:
    • Create new epic destinies, maybe in a new sphere.
    • Could add a new inventory slot, looks like we are missing torso? https://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItem...ItemsOnTheBody
    • Update cannith crafting to allow epic effects for higher lvl items & crafting lvls above 34 (maybe with raid ingredients) but item lvl stays 30.
    • Update augment system so you can introduce new end game augments.
    • Let players "craft" their own spells or abilities. Could use spell seed crafting as inspiration: https://www.d20srd.org/indexes/epicSpells.htm <3 the spell seed system

Or how about this - let maxed out characters embark on a long quest arc that results in them "ascending" beyond lvl 30, which deletes their character but adds them as an npc, or to a list of ancient heroes in game, or maybe grants a unique cosmetic to all characters on the account.
    # Expand play not grind. I do not need a fancy new name that makes me follow the same narrow end path grind just so I can say I did it. I don't need to go to lvl 50 just to TR for a single stat.
    # Instead of going past lvl 30+ you can just make uber gear that is lvl 30 and upgradable (Legendary sentience?).
    # New epic destinies would be nice with a Fey Sphere or an Underdark sphere.
    # A VIP/Purchasable TR Storage of say 100 slots so we could take things out of TR Bank when we TR. I have over 120 BtC items and only use the ones pertaining to the class I am playing each life. It is a 2 day process to clean out my TR Bank each time I want to TR since I have to mail what is not BtA on my character and bank and Transfer via the shared bank what is. A personal TR storage would get some of those items out so I could TR.
    # Update Cannith crafting. Special or Combined effects with legendary ingredients. Maybe a special dropped, earned or crafted shard for lvl 20-30 crafting that allows for those effects like the current extra slot.
    # Allow for augment crafting. Bought or dropped unenchanted augments that can be given a prefix, suffix or extra enchantment from the crafting tables. They could either be colored or diamonds.
    # or allow for the addition of augments slots to gear via crafting/altar

-The alchemist looks like a type of craft your own spell system with its 3 part casting like the monk strikes. Will it get expanded?
    -Borderlands was a pleasant surprise. New area for new players and a low level epic with a challenge that encouraged grouping. It didn't have to be lvl 35+
    -There have been several mid level expansions lately so a mid to upper level with Epic to low legendary would be nice.
    -I have deleted or fed to my weapon dozens of named items from the first 10 years. Item updates are past due for all the original raids. TS, VoN, Threnal, etc all need updates. I remember the farming to get some of that gear but now lvl 1 loot gen is better.
    -Speaking of loot gen... seriously have you thought about some of the results? How many Vorpal of draining (useless since at lvl 1 any elemental damage is fatal) lvl 1 weapons should exist and what good is draining/feeding if the 20 rolled vorpal slays them? And why all of the melee/caster items like caster platemail of necromancy and Greatswords of Combustion would have been made? (Ok, I admit my sorc does use a greatsword with combustion but seriously) I am still getting 0 UMD items.

I realize it is a lot of work but hang in there and we all hope for the best.

Kulothar (Kury) - DDO Founder from Aerenal and D&D since 1975.
    Any Port in a storm... But why one with so many vermin?

Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post

.....and doing so will gain you the experience necessary to push past level 30 for the first time in DDO history.

Sev~

Why do we need higher levels? The last 2 updates did not include any end game content, and you think by increasing levels and having only the expansion (maybe 9 quests) of new end content a good thing?

Focus on releasing new end game raids and end content on a regular basis, fix the game halting lag and your customers will thank you for it
    Main toons: IronThatcher (tank & box breaker for inquisitives), Mehhh (ranger)...pion of HS...zug zug
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesrali View Post
    Go munt your grandma while wearing my freeway mitt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I am the dumb.

Post Producer lettera 2020 rewive

Long last! and I've been waiting for the producer letter for a long time! and find out what amazing new content DBO has in this 2020 ... let's see what will be new ...

2020 will also bring a long-standing community request to the game: a 64-bit client. The 64-bit client can improve the overall performance of the game for many, and we look forward to its release later this year. We also have user interface improvements planned for the Shared Account Bank to make it easier to store, sort, and access the items you've collected. Other quality of life improvements are in the planning stages as well, and we'll talk more about it later this year.
    I imagined that sooner or later you would have given the same treatment to DDO as on LOTRO building a new 64bit client, regarding the upgrade of the shared bank ... if you mean the changes that I saw in the beta for Me it's not bad though ... I'd like a further improvement on the normal bank and the inventory ... in short, a complete revamping of the game UI to make it perhaps less frustrating every time to rearrange it at each reincarnation ... (About the reincarnations I'll talk about it later), maybe yes may begin to replace the old game logo in play in the uploads and in the caracter select screen based on the 4th edition with the new logo based on the 5th to reflect a bit the changes made in the last few months ... but it's just a suggestion then you decide ...

Spring will bring a new adventure pack set in Stormreach, where the Gatekeepers need your help to determine the fate of some missing acolytes in the Cerulean Hills, and investigate the sudden appearance of a strange hut in the Harbor. In the summer, we're considering a new adventure pack in addition to some Legendary versions of well-known raids, but we want to keep that unannounced for now.
    Some time ago you said that you would release the Falconer's universal tree ... by chance and with these packs that you can get it? talking about the adventure itself, I hope it can offer new options to be able to level up (even if buying new packs is more and more a problem but I'll talk about it later)

As we gaze further into the second half of the year, we are thrilled to share news about our next expansion, which will see players travel into the mystical plane of the Feywild! Joining characters on their trip will be our next new player character race: the Shifter, capable of temporarily embracing their bestial aspects to rend enemies and survive.
    Omg another expansion ?! and enough about Forgotten Realms ?! Wi Hiiiiiiiiiiiii!!! the FRs really need more love and more areas to explore ... there are so many things to explore ... but ... if with the next expansion we will go to Ferywilde ... this means that ... we would have elves tall / Moon Elf as playable races ?! and Pixie as Pets cosmetics ?! omg please ... please I promised that this could come true ... I love Moon Elf are part of my character then ... and having a Pixie as a familiar would be a dream .... and from Neverwinter Nights that my character conse a Pixie as a companion ... but come back to reality this becomes problematic for me ... and for a few months that I have abandoned the game and ... the packs and races that I have lost are many ... there is so much to buy and for the time I play and really a lot ... I hope the new expansion doesn't come too soon ... I need more time to recover the lost contents ...

Another thing we can say today about our upcoming Feywild expansion is that you will need to learn new, powerful ways to overcome challenge, and doing so will gain you the experience necessary to push past level 30 for the first time in DDO history.
    What?! Seriously?! ... omg please ... i am trying to be the heroic / iconic completionist again ... and every time you add new races and classes it is already frustrating to have to increase the powercreek grind even more to be at the top veterans ... so please do not go to increase the game level cap (unlike many who are in favor ... they certainly say so because already having everything included PL and maybe 2-3 complete alt also does not scare him an increase in the cap ... but for a new player or an intermediate one (like me) and a stab in the chest! this is unacceptable ... if however you give me a new faster way of doing TR or I rework the increase level to make it less frustrating and boring ... I agree ... but if you just increase the cap ... then you are making a big mistake and you will run away even more possible new players .

In end...I'm happy that the game will still be supported and will have new expansions ... on the other hand ... I hope you have a plan to make the DDO experience both for new players and for veterans less frustrating and less grinding because this is the problem that is currently on DDO ... I have not talked about the new breed that you will release, I am happy that you are getting closer and closer to the total number of breeds in the 5th edition ... Shifter were also in 3.5 if I'm not mistaken..a I'm happy that it will arrive on DDO (However ... I hope consider including the high elves / Moon Elf in the game), speaking of UI I also hope that you will finally insert a panel of cosmetics per account ... like that of cosmetic Pets ... or maybe you will just make an update to the shared bank ... I still hope that in 2020 you can insert new things in DDO.
    "It's time for epic adventures!"

P.S. I can't wait to see the 64 bit client.
    Any Port in a storm... But why one with so many vermin?

The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth please
    "The body is but a vessel for the soul;
    A puppet which bends to the soul's tyrrany.
    And lo, the body is not eternal,
    For it must feed on the flesh of others,
    Lest it return to the dust whence it came.
    Therefore must the soul
    Deceive, Despise, and Murder men..."

--A.J.Durai

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast