Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

About the level cap, I wont lie, I like it even not knowing what it offer to us beyond more XP to farm. My main concern is at least in PnP and also other D&D eletronics games i've played from heroics to epic and than to legendary levels the adventures get a bit annoying with all those resistances and immunity that monster gets. Hope we get in the mood of legendary adventures , time for plane and time travels as also meeting some other famous guys such as elminster.

Getting into the hamster wheel is a option and TRing is not so different than sitting on level cap and repeat same raids every weeks. Personally I do prefer leveling again slightly stronger but thats because i do it with no rush =p.

I'm on a ryzen 5 3600 + a gtx 1070 card and I'm having some random crashes and frezees on ddo. It used to happen on My 4th gen i5 too(but less frequent). Have no problems playing other new and supposed more hardware intensive games at all , also no issues working on blender ( a hardware intensive application) so i guess its an ddo issue but i did everything in my power to solve the problem( reinstal, move to SSD, read forums) without any success so I hope 64bits client can solve it .
    Last edited by DaviMOC; 02-11-2020 at 07:22 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaviMOC View Post
    Hope we get in the mood of legendary adventures , time for plane and time travels as also meeting some other famous guys such as elminster.
    Maybe the legendary adventures will be cool like you say.
    They'll probably be the same as low-level adventures, except that each kobold and rat has a million hit points.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffWatson View Post
    They'll probably be the same as low-level adventures, except that each kobold and rat has a million hit points.
    Sad, right? Thats why I would love to seen an introduction to legendary levels. When epic levels first came we was fighting one of the six and a multi realm demon goddess alongside no one less than elminster, we walked the demon web and met the new mystra that was cool XD. At least when it arrives I hope that would be in the same tone or even greater.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffWatson View Post
    This shows very much the real hate people have against low-level adventures. No wonder, then, that people don't plax them and trying to get developers to exclusively do adventures for high-level characters.

Quote Originally Posted by DaviMOC View Post
    Sad, right? Thats why I would love to seen an introduction to legendary levels.
    Again, this clearly shhows the hate.
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post

Again, this clearly shhows the hate.
    Nahhh. I love low level ones, I love harbor and i Love they're adding more such as borderlands . It's just not so epic or legendary to be fighting kobolds and rats after you kicked the ass of both Arraetrikos and Lolth =p.

Yeah, I was hoping they weren't lying awhile back when they said the cap was going to stay at 30, and they would just work on content, but here we are.

There's so much more they can do with the game, that doesn't involve nerfing playstyles (like non-INQ ranged) or adding more levels that literally noone needs. They could
    do an "alternate" XP progression (like every whatever-million XP, you get a point to put in an Alternate Experience tree).

Not Reaper XP, a passive tree with SMALL bonuses, but it resets to ZERO if you TR. That would actually give incentive for players that want to remain at cap, but still have "something" to work on.
    Many people don't want to work on your Quad-Hamster-Wheels-of-Death, and sure as (verb) don't want you to add a FIFTH wheel by even suggesting Legendary Reincarnations.

EQ back in the day, had an alternate advancement system, and it worked very, very well. No level raising, no crazy skills, just small bonuses to make things more interesting.
    Last edited by DRoark; 02-12-2020 at 08:07 PM.
    NO MORE MONEY UNTIL IPS NERF RETRACTED... Ranged of the World Unite!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    No, sorry. The 64 bit client is not related to MacOS compatibility following the decision by Apple to no longer support Wine client functionality.
    I got the 64-bit client completely working in macOS 10.15 on an older machine. I also got it "working" in macOS 10.16 (yes, Catalina) on a 16" MacBook Pro except that the graphics are horribly messed up on that machine (I think it’s using the integrated card as opposed to the discrete AMD card). I had to copy the installed folder by hand to Catalina, and launch the client from a script because the Installer doesn't work, and the Launcher is still 32-bits. But it can clearly work.

I have not heard that Apple cares one way or the other about the Wine client. I seriously doubt they do. The issue is that Wine cannot run 32-bit Windows apps terribly well on 64-bit only machines. However 64-bit Windows apps are well-supported. DDO in fact works for the most part. If the Installer and Launcher were made 64-bits, and whatever that glitch is that everyone is seeing (including Windows users) were fixed, Catalina / Wine / DDO would work just fine.
    Last edited by Kaytis; 02-13-2020 at 02:27 AM.

Community Member

Default If the Installer and Launcher were 64-bits... DDO would work

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytis View Post
    ...it can clearly work... 64-bit Windows apps are well-supported. DDO in fact works for the most part. If the Installer and Launcher were made 64-bits... DDO would work just fine.
    Yes! That's what I'm hoping for this year with their announcement of moving to 64 bit. Fingers crossed...

Community Member

Default Enhancements

When are we getting new enhamcement trees instad of the old ones?
    We'v been rocking this enhancements for a few years now and thy are getting pretty dull, especially barbarian tree.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112