Community Member

Default Simple replacement to glancing blow/DoD lag

Simple solution allowing TWF to do what twf does best, which is single target dps, and THF do what THF does best (cleaves), without upsetting boss dps, and making tempest better at solo stragglers like rogue assassins or shintao monks. This deletes all the extra glancing blow/DoD attacks, so minimizes lag. Basically I see from this patch you are attempting to reduce # of attacks made (Holy Retribution/DoD cool down nerfs, glancing blow elimination, ranged RoF nerfs, and this does it while minimizing actual game play disruption.

Delete Glancing Blows
    THF I-IV 10% Style bonus to damage while THF (stacking), 10% additional style bonus to damage with basic attacks against non-boss targets and reapers while THF with weapons (stacking).
    Same for Bear, with NF feats, with an epic NF feat added that also gives access to Avatar of Nature if you have 20 levels of druid.

Delete multiple target attacking of Dance of Death, and make it a toggle
    15% Style bonus to damage while TWF with weapons, 85% additional style bonus to damage with basic attacks against non-boss targets and reapers while TWF with weapons.

Multiply the damage dealt by Avatar of Nature by 3, and again by 3 for auto attacks, and remove the cool down.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 01-20-2020 at 06:03 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Simple solution allowing TWF to do what twf does best, which is single target dps, and THF do what THF does best (cleaves), without upsetting boss dps, and making tempest better at solo stragglers like rogue assassins or shintao monks. This deletes all the extra glancing blow/DoD attacks, so minimizes lag. Basically I see from this patch you are attempting to reduce # of attacks made (Holy Retribution/DoD cool down nerfs, glancing blow elimination, ranged RoF nerfs, and this does it while minimizing actual game play disruption.

Delete Glancing Blows
    THF I-IV 10% Style bonus to damage while THF (stacking), 10% additional style bonus to damage with basic attacks against non-boss targets and reapers while THF with weapons (stacking).
    Same for Bear, with NF feats, with an epic NF feat added that also gives access to Avatar of Nature if you have 20 levels of druid.

Delete multiple target attacking of Dance of Death, and make it a toggle
    15% Style bonus to damage while TWF with weapons, 85% additional style bonus to damage with basic attacks against non-boss targets and reapers while TWF with weapons.

Multiply the damage dealt by Avatar of Nature by 3, and again by 3 for auto attacks, and remove the cool down.
    I mean if their real goal is to reduce server calculations and lag your solution is far simpler than the mess u45 might turn into.

No idea if this would make avatar of nature useful but being able to be a tree in any epic destiny sounds like fun. There should also be something for wolves in your epic natural fighting feat.

Community Member

The goal is to make TWF/SWF=single target and THF/DOD=aoe

What you're suggesting doesnt accomplish that, it makes TWF/SWF=boss DPS and THF/DOD=trash DPS. I dont think that's a useful delineation of rolespace.

An undisclosed location. I asked my captors but they remain tight lipped.

There's no reason THF shouldn't do significant damage to a single target. Perhaps notbas much as a pair of bastard swords wielding a ranger but that big chunk of weapon should still leave a sizable dent when it strikes a single target like a boss. The sacrifice of protection (shield or dual defensive bonuses) should result in massive damage to the enemy. Maybe increased crit chances which cannot proc on cleaves?
    Sometimes I'm too clever for my own good. Bear in mind I'm probably trying to be humorous. Like dodge, it's hit or miss.// Looking for a guild on Orien? Send a tell or mail to Magnifique to join the "Fidelic Brotherhood".