Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,690

    Default Halfling needs a racial DEX trance

    Right now Halfling doesnt have much useful in the modern game and isnt a very popular/useful build choice. Likewise, DEX builds have no option for trance damage of any kind, unique among all the combat stats.

    Especially with Throwers coming out and being DEX aligned, and Halfling already being aligned with Throwers, it seems like it would solve both problems neatly if Halfling got a standard-style DEX trance in their Racial T4. It'd open up a lot of build options for throwers, rangers, ninjas, assassins etc. - anyone who can build DEX - and keep them competitive with STR, INT, WIS and CHA builds.

    It'd also make Halfling especially valuable for veterans with all their RAP, and I think it'd be funny to see Halfling master race melting face in quests

  2. #2
    Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Cannith, usually
    Posts
    2,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Right now Halfling doesnt have much useful in the modern game and isnt a very popular/useful build choice. Likewise, DEX builds have no option for trance damage of any kind, unique among all the combat stats.
    Str? Con? Are those not combat stats? Am I forgetting something?

    It's the mental stats that have a trance, as of present. I'm already of the opinion that one-stat-wonders are pretty broken (and upcoming Alchemist looks worse than most) but this would definitely be a crazy buff to any Dex builds (Shuricannon would probs beat Inquisitor just with a Dex trance, or VKF/dart-cannon post-U45).
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

  3. #3
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    27,218

    Default

    Halfling is awesome for any class where the core18 ability is strong but the capstone is weak. Can add dragonmark feat, and a divine level for some self hJeals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

  4. #4
    Community Member fatherpirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,763

    Default

    ah...no

    that race is just fine.
    It is also the only race that has a racial healing line
    > that can be augmented for free (they are SLA)
    so, no, they are just fine.
    Planescape City of Doors for DDO endgame. Even dying in certain places can create new adventures.

  5. #5
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    Str? Con? Are those not combat stats? Am I forgetting something?

    It's the mental stats that have a trance, as of present. I'm already of the opinion that one-stat-wonders are pretty broken (and upcoming Alchemist looks worse than most) but this would definitely be a crazy buff to any Dex builds (Shuricannon would probs beat Inquisitor just with a Dex trance, or VKF/dart-cannon post-U45).
    Str has the original - DM. It's not STR to STR but it's at least something that STR builds can utilize.

    Con is not a combat stat, no. With apologies to dorfs, TYWA is a trap.

    Quote Originally Posted by fatherpirate View Post
    ah...no

    that race is just fine.
    It is also the only race that has a racial healing line
    > that can be augmented for free (they are SLA)
    so, no, they are just fine.
    If DMs were true SLAs and based off SP then I might agree; charge based heals are too limited for the AP and feat investment, at least for solo where it really matters.

    How many builds do you see recommend halfling? They and helves are really wanting for role space. Dwarf at least looks to be finding some purpose as a THF Daxe user

  6. #6
    Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,140

    Default

    I think this is a great addition to a universal tree (like Vistani perhaps) but the Halfling tree is already really solid. It’s one of my favorite races.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload