View Poll Results: Changes to LFM Posting?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, for convenience!

9 69.23%
  • No, the Devs have more important things on their mind!

4 30.77%

Thread: LFM Change Poll

Default LFM Change Poll

Petition to create a sorting system for the LFM list? It'd be nice to not have to scroll down to those level 20 quests every time...
    The problem with focusing on the most extreme of players is that that group will only get smaller and smaller... Oof
    You know you have a problem when a virtual fantasy game ruins your concept of real world money and its value.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goalt View Post
    Petition to create a sorting system for the LFM list? It'd be nice to not have to scroll down to those level 20 quests every time...
    At first, I thought you wanted a sort option for the LFMs already published, which had me puzzled for half a second.

Figured out what you were talking about as I was pressing Reply.

Full support.

Could we also add a way to make the default range Bravery, instead of based on your character's level? Or just a button that would set the min/max level to Bravery-4 -> Bravery
    (you could also add an Everyone Welcome 20-30 range for dailies and other epic quests where you no longer care about bravery)

It has a sorting system.

Community Member

I'm confused.

Instead of scrolling all the way down to the lvl 20 quests you want, why not toggle the "show groups I am not eligible for" box in the top upper left?

That doesn't fix it for you?

edit: nevermind, you mean when selecting the quest for your own LFM.

Absolutely.

The interface to set up an LFM was created when we had a small fraction of the number of quests we have now.

An update to make it easier and faster to find the quest or explore area you want to set up LFM for is very much needed.

Sorting would be okay, search by name would be much better. 99% of the time I know what quest I want to put up, but cannot find the name on the list.
    "People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. ... People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true." Terry Goodkind

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ausdoerrt View Post
    Sorting would be okay, search by name would be much better. 99% of the time I know what quest I want to put up, but cannot find the name on the list.
    Very much this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausdoerrt View Post
    i would like this very much

Since it is about posting LFMs, please also remove ‘The’ in the titles so we don’t have to differentiate things like ‘THE House of Rusted Blades’ from ones that do not use ‘THE’ in the sorting as a big clump
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (4), Naerfelka (21)

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    Since it is about posting LFMs, please also remove ‘The’ in the titles so we don’t have to differentiate things like ‘THE House of Rusted Blades’ from ones that do not use ‘THE’ in the sorting as a big clump
    /Seconded!!

The THE has had it's run. Time to ban the THE.

(That's supposed to be a joke about the "THE" game hint, but sounded funnier in my head.)
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Simply adding a search field to the quest list would be a huge QoL improvement.

where is the don't care button?
    Planescape City of Doors for DDO endgame. Even dying in certain places can create new adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by fatherpirate View Post
    where is the don't care button?
    in the upper right corner of your browser window; X marks the spot

Yeah, I can get behind this. /signed
    .: Sarlona - High Lords of Malkier : Reaper Life 1, 2 , and 3 alumnus : My Twitch : Trans and Proud : (she/they please) :.
    .: Inamorata (Heroic x2/Epic Completionist) / Signalmixer (Vorpal Queen) / Darkchylde-1 (Fiend Voodulock) / Tenpercenter (Bowhealer 2020) / Groundloop : Plus so many others! :.