Default Memoirs of an Illusory Larcener

It's bugged as hell. I was using lightning bolt on a sorcerer (Air Savant) and the attacks were going right through the archers in the tavern. Either that or they just might have ridiculously high saves; many of them were saving three times in a row to multiple lightning bolts. Also, the quest is overscaled for its level. I could do something like Gianthold on normal without much trouble, but the enemies in this quest on normal are attacking with (if you consider how they come in groups of 4) repeating crossbow speed. Ping, ping, ping because they never miss.

Lower the difficulty and stop making lightning bolts clip through. Or is this going to be another Search and Rescue?
    The problem with focusing on the most extreme of players is that that group will only get smaller and smaller... Oof
    You know you have a problem when a virtual fantasy game ruins your concept of real world money and its value.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goalt View Post
    Or is this going to be another Search and Rescue?
    Search and Rescue, Illusory Larcener, Good Intentions.
    All three released F2P quests at the same time, all three ridiculously harder than other quests of their level.

It's not 'another Search and Rescue' much as it is balanced by the same people around the same time using the same numbers.

When comparing to heroic Gianthold you are making a mistake imho. Heroic GH is really, really easy for its level with low hp mobs so I consider that the outlier.

I play through Memoirs etc. often with little trouble - also on a Sorc. Sure, the saves are higher than GH and the mobs have more hp but nothing I would consider extreme. Some Sharn quests are certainly much worse.

A suggestion if I may. Try Chain Lightning - its amazing for clearing out 4 mobs at a time.
    Last edited by mikarddo; 01-20-2020 at 05:39 AM.
    Danskerne
    A Danish Guild on Ghallanda. Send PM if interested.
    Leading Raids Thursdays from 20 CET and Sundays from 21 CET.

Quote Originally Posted by Xgya View Post
    Search and Rescue, Illusory Larcener, Good Intentions.
    All three released F2P quests at the same time, all three ridiculously harder than other quests of their level.

It's not 'another Search and Rescue' much as it is balanced by the same people around the same time using the same numbers.
    I agree that those 3 quests should be toned down, especially since they are f2p quests at level where there is few f2p quests.

On a side note, who thinks quest giver for Larcener is responsible for murder near where he's standing.
    I'm pretty sure he invites adventurers to try his story just to kill them.

Community Member

It's bugged as hell. I was using lightning bolt on a sorcerer (Air Savant) and the attacks were going right through the archers in the tavern. Either that or they just might have ridiculously high saves; many of them were saving three times in a row to multiple lightning bolts. Also, the quest is overscaled for its level. I could do something like Gianthold on normal without much trouble, but the enemies in this quest on normal are attacking with (if you consider how they come in groups of 4) repeating crossbow speed. Ping, ping, ping because they never miss.

Lower the difficulty and stop making lightning bolts clip through. Or is this going to be another Search and Rescue?
    Yeah, that quest can be very difficult on an arcane caster without some good twink gear. Even if you can land your spells you're still likely to run out of manna due to lots of high HP mobs and zero shrines, and I think every single stinkin' kill is a required one. If you're trying to solo it on a sorc, I wouldn't let it hurt your ego if you aren't getting through it.

It should be a reasonably easy one to get a group for since its right in the harbor with no flagging requirements. My advice would be to put up an LFM and get some help until you pull the pansophic circlet. Say in the LFM you're farming for it so people will pass it to you. Then never bother with that quest again.
    Last edited by SuperNiCd; 01-20-2020 at 07:51 AM.

Default Unfinished

I believe Memoirs is an unfinished quest. I believe they had grand ideas for this quest and they just ran out of time and rolled it out incomplete.

I think Lynnabel or someone should take it upon themselves to finish development on that quest. It had so much unrealized potential!!!
    Leader of Legion of Eberron on Cannith.

Characters: Loromir & Baldomir....among others.

if it helps, it's completely broken for pets, so it's not just a sorc thing

also fwiw this is the quest that convinced me to make the secondary tree on my pale trapper EK instead of AM. i think it's a little better pretty much everywhere but in a quest like this it's no contest. i don't know how much room sorcs have after a secondary savant but it only takes 6 AP for Spellsword, could be worth a shot

To make sure I wasn't remembering it wrong I just ran through the quest solo on R1 on my level 13 sorc - no hirelings either.

I had no noticeable issues with resists but mana is tight and I did use a good many heal scrolls. If it had not been for a Fear Reaper I could not easily get to it would have been somewhat easier though.

So, use Chain Lightning for the first hit on 3+ mobs and kill them off with SLAs to conserve mana. For even better results bring a hireling cleric for heals and to give you mana.
    Danskerne
    A Danish Guild on Ghallanda. Send PM if interested.
    Leading Raids Thursdays from 20 CET and Sundays from 21 CET.

For said quest as for first lifers at higher than Hard setting;

As an Arcane caster I was good with Conjuration/Palemaster + Skeleton Knight. It has acceptable levels of enchantment aswell. Conjuration clouds were perfect against Halflings and elves there with lower fort and cons. Elves there may have something about electric resists being illusions (shrugs)

As melee, Stalward defender/Beefy Shield rogue was fair enough. (Lots of better pots spent for hjealing) was very risky.

As Ranged I used TWF-Thrower Vistani/Rogue/Stalward was fair enough.(Lots of better pots spent for hjealing) Fan of blades helps alot.

Archmage dies horribly. Similar other low hp builds also died horribly at the end fight.
    Last edited by Kutalp; 01-21-2020 at 03:49 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-vgrCICAf0
    Basements & Rogue Dinosaurs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZTBt7oar9w

f2p

no reason for them to fix it ….
    kruemeli of Orien - Leader of the "Merry" Hobbits https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...20#post5002220
    It is okay to be "merry": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjOOKb-DFZs
    I just Keep quiet and think.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYP8M06A8W0