Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I have good hopes about Update 45

The release notes by developers sound a quality update.

I hope Alchemist class gets what it deserves and all other old styles, classes, trees and feats also get what they deserve.

Alchemist and Inquisitive takes a good place as a solid alternative and option without dominating the game.

All other, beloved multiclass options through class and feat and tree combinations keep their place as stronger and functional builds to form teams or to solo the game at different hardness settings.

These are my good hopes about near future of DDO.

I wish you all a good game.

Last edited by Kutalp; 01-19-2020 at 12:36 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-vgrCICAf0
    Basements & Rogue Dinosaurs

Community Member

Did they release new Preview 2 notes I missed? :P

Alch is absolutely a game-dominating class it the P1 notes. Many many existing builds stand to lose power. Pretty much the opposite of what you're describing.

I also have hope that U45 will end up being improved and polished in P2, but that's more of a choice to have faith than a conclusion based on any evidence I've seen...and, sadly, it's apologist posts like this that can enable the devs to latch on to as justification for not making changes that people are calling for.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutalp View Post
    The release notes by developers sound a quality update.

I hope Alchemist class gets what it deserves and all other old styles, classes, trees and feats also get what they deserve.

Alchemist and Inquisitive takes a good place as a solid alternative and option without dominating the game.

All other, beloved multiclass options through class and feat and tree combinations keep their place as stronger and functional builds to form teams or to solo the game at different hardness settings.

These are my good hopes about near future of DDO.

I wish you all a good game.

I completely agree.

What was so far announced about U45 update was nice.

I especially like ranged changes, can't wait for U45 to roll out so I can TR into bow ranger.

SSG, keep up good work and ignore DOOM crowd, you have my full support!

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Did they release new Preview 2 notes I missed? :P

Alch is absolutely a game-dominating class it the P1 notes. Many many existing builds stand to lose power. Pretty much the opposite of what you're describing.

I also have hope that U45 will end up being improved and polished in P2, but that's more of a choice to have faith than a conclusion based on any evidence I've seen...and, sadly, it's apologist posts like this that can enable the devs to latch on to as justification for not making changes that people are calling for.

I have just spoken my mind.

Why would I be an apologist or a fan boy for anything ? Besides I just said I have good hopes. Players push hard to get what they need and speak their minds. Developers speak their minds and release notes in return. This naturally brings some good hopes. I do not wish anything to dominate the game and I truly wish older builds brought to a place as good as the newest ones.

As I mentioned above, newest choices would be a good alternative to enjoy the game. To hell with any would be overpowered releases if ever it would happen ; which would sure end up being another reason that would deplete the playerbase further.

Thats all I can tell (shrugs) from what I see, I have good hopes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ncqtFz_MyA
    Last edited by Kutalp; 01-20-2020 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkendex View Post
    I completely agree.

What was so far announced about U45 update was nice.

I especially like ranged changes, can't wait for U45 to roll out so I can TR into bow ranger.

SSG, keep up good work and ignore DOOM crowd, you have my full support!
    Did I miss something in the notes about Rangers that doesn't make them worse than they already are? Range is taking a beating with U45 from every thread I read and experienced on preview. Granted I tested out builds that favor Inquisitor, Artificer, and Mechanic specifically but I saw nothing that benefits Rangers. Guess I will look through the updates once more.
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.

Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalMage View Post
    Did I miss something in the notes about Rangers that doesn't make them worse than they already are? Range is taking a beating with U45 from every thread I read and experienced on preview. Granted I tested out builds that favor Inquisitor, Artificer, and Mechanic specifically but I saw nothing that benefits Rangers. Guess I will look through the updates once more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    [*]Ranger
    • Ranger: Deepwood Stalker's Heavy Draw no longer reduces Attack by 5 when toggled on, and now also grants a +1 Competence Bonus to Critical Multiplier to Longbows and Shortbows while toggled on.
    • Ranger: Deepwood Stalker's Strikes Like Lightning now also adds 10% Ranged Alacrity with Longbows and Shortbows when you do not have Improved Precise Shot enabled.
    IMHO +1 competence crit multi & 10% ranged speed are good

IMHO +1 competence crit multi & 10% ranged speed are good
    Trading 10% alac that for IPS is a DPS loss.

Comparing +1 crit multi to a flat -20% when IPS is on is another DPS loss.

Bow users are getting better at killing bosses which are like 1-5% of the game, and worse at killing trash which is like 95-99% of the game.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is before we discuss the following philosophical point on how nerfs should work (and where it is observed feedback is alot more positive when they do work this way)

Good nerfs do not change the way something plays. They simply reduce effectiveness.

These nerfs are a fundamental change to the entire archetype. They arent simply incentivizing using AF, they are <<penalizing>> IPS use across the entire archetype.

IPS basically needed a target limit, similar to dance of death.
    Last edited by Chai; 01-20-2020 at 08:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Quote Originally Posted by Chai View Post
    Trading 10% alac that for IPS is a DPS loss.

Comparing +1 crit multi to a flat -20% when IPS is on is another DPS loss.

Good nerfs do not change the way something plays.

These nerfs are a fundamental change to the entire archetype. They arent simply incentivizing using AF, they are <<penalizing>> IPS use across the entire archetype.
    ips. ips, ips....

Never used it, so it does not affect me. I substituted it with attack speed action boost and quick target swap.

I understand all that crying over ips though since ranged does not have decent aoe, but you DO realize ranged is not all about ips, and that is REASON SSG nerfed it.

Every time i saw someone mentioning ranged build it was centered around ips.

Good thing they nerfed it, it will force ranged toons to seek alternatives.

Only thing left to SSG is giving ranged toons new aoe options (yes, I consider it bad move from SSG for NOT giving ranged aoe options).

Suggestion time!

SSG, why not replace that useless Inferno shot in AA tree with something similar to imbue arrow? In NWN game it was fireball arrow, and in PnP it allowed AA to place spell on arrows, and in practice it allowed AA to cast spell on bow range.
    For example, it could have requirement to have one of elemental imbues and would essentially give AA AOE option using same element as AA imbue toggle.

ips. ips, ips....

Never used it, so it does not affect me.
    I know right, all these people using competent builds and all.

That is why my new sorc build doesn't use Max or empower, I use a different play style using eschew material and extent. It is so much more useful.

Suggestion time!!!

Since I don't use Max or empower, they are definitely OP, I think the devs should reduce the SP both give to 5!!! That would totally even the playing fienld and make spell casting so much better for my dps caster bard!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunan View Post
    I know right, all these people using competent builds and all.

That is why my new sorc build doesn't use Max or empower, I use a different play style using eschew material and extent. It is so much more useful.

Suggestion time!!!

Since I don't use Max or empower, they are definitely OP, I think the devs should reduce the SP both give to 5!!! That would totally even the playing fienld and make spell casting so much better for my dps caster bard!
    You're funny. https://anotherschwab.files.wordpres...-the-point.png

Next time try reading further than the part you're quoted.
    Especially next sentence, one about action boost speed and target swap. Nice alternative to IPS, and allows to use Archer Focus, which can give NICE boost to DPS if you're standing still.

Your comment has proven that my previous comment stands.

Community Member

Yeah, a different game.

You're funny. https://anotherschwab.files.wordpres...-the-point.png

Next time try reading further than the part you're quoted.
    Especially next sentence, one about action boost speed and target swap. Nice alternative to IPS, and allows to use Archer Focus, which can give NICE boost to DPS if you're standing still.

Your comment has proven that my previous comment stands.
    Sounds like a new player's experience...

IMO: Until Bow improvements, DDO should have red warning for new players: Bow combat style are currently underperformance, and it’s very challenging to play.
    Last edited by Requiro; 01-20-2020 at 09:19 AM.
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by stoerm View Post
    Player remembers. Player never forgets.
    I'm not native speaker

Your post proves you missed the point of my post entirely. Approving of a nerf that makes all ranged builds inherently weaker, just because YOU never used the staple fear of lranged dps builds, doesnt make the nerf ok because you dont use the feat.

Your other note of what you use instead doesnt make the nerf ok in any form, as has been pointed out. Your substitution is simply the least common denominator which builds will use anyway. As it is already th
    e baseline, you are simply overstating the obvious
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiro View Post
    Sounds like a new player's experience...
    Ummm, no Peg...

I've soloed 5k worth on favor on archer Ranger, so I know what I'm saying when I say people rely way too much on IPS.

And comparing IPS with metamagick is not exactly correct, you pay higher SP cost for spell power boost, unlike IPS which finally got payoff for being able to hit multiple mobs. (Main reason why everyone was using it, since it had no real drawback)

Ummm, no Peg...

I've soloed 5k worth on favor on archer Ranger, so I know what I'm saying when I say people rely way too much on IPS.

And comparing IPS with metamagick is not exactly correct, you pay higher SP cost for spell power boost, unlike IPS which finally got payoff for being able to hit multiple mobs. (Main reason why everyone was using it, since it had no real drawback)
    Still sound like a new player's experience...
    Like I said. DDO should have warning: "Bow combat style are currently underperformance, and it’s very challenging to play".
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by stoerm View Post
    Player remembers. Player never forgets.
    I'm not native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Requiro View Post
    Still sound like a new player's experience...
    Like I said. DDO should have warning: "Bow combat style are currently underperformance, and it’s very challenging to play".
    So...

Everyone who does not use meta builds in "new player".

IMHO everyone who plays long enough to reach 5k favor is instantly disqualified from title of new player.

Try playing something other that meta build, you might be surprised that they don't underpreform that much. Thinking outside the box, as saying goes, can give some powerful builds that don't follow current metas.

ips. ips, ips....

Never used it, so it does not affect me. I substituted it with attack speed action boost and quick target swap.

I understand all that crying over ips though since ranged does not have decent aoe, but you DO realize ranged is not all about ips, and that is REASON SSG nerfed it.

Every time i saw someone mentioning ranged build it was centered around ips.

Only thing left to SSG is giving ranged toons new aoe options (yes, I consider it bad move from SSG for NOT giving ranged aoe options).

Suggestion time!

SSG, why not replace that useless Inferno shot in AA tree with something similar to imbue arrow? In NWN game it was fireball arrow, and in PnP it allowed AA to place spell on arrows, and in practice it allowed AA to cast spell on bow range.
    For example, it could have requirement to have one of elemental imbues and would essentially give AA AOE option using same element as AA imbue toggle.
    Never used IPS = never played an optimal ranged character in 95-99% of DDO. (aka trash clearing)

It also means any feedback on how IPS doesnt matter should be disregarded as it was never used by the source of that feedback who therefore cannot understand the impact this has.

Those suggestions merely turn AA into another spell AOE, of which the game has plenty of.

If they really need to nerf it, simply limit it to 3 targets. Now it plays just like it played before, but instead of damaging the entire hallway of mobs it damages the first 3 until they are dead, then damages the next 3 etc...
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

So...

Everyone who does not use meta builds in "new player".

IMHO everyone who plays long enough to reach 5k favor is instantly disqualified from title of new player.

Try playing something other that meta build, you might be surprised that they don't underpreform that much. Thinking outside the box, as saying goes, can give some powerful builds that don't follow current metas.
    If this claim were true, it invalidates all of the "nerf X because its so OP it ruins my fun" claims on these forums. The counter argument is "hey no one is really that far behind."

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Loholt-UK View Post
    Yeah, a different game.
    I have good hopes about Amazon’s LotR MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNiCd View Post
    I have good hopes about Amazon’s LotR MMO.

Hi.

What does this have to do with DDO U45 Update ? Just being sarcastic ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast