Default Blindness Ward Goggles

in the Waterworks end chain reward?
    The problem with focusing on the most extreme of players is that that group will only get smaller and smaller... Oof
    You know you have a problem when a virtual fantasy game ruins your concept of real world money and its value.

???
    Beste, Titus. | playing since 2009 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher Discord | Orien Raiding Discord Toons: Titusovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Are you incredulous, or asking if they're there.

Either way, iirc(!), yes, they ~can~ drop there. But they're an old "rare" item, and (I guess?) not considered "named", so they have a low % chance of showing up in any of those old quest reward lists - STK, Sharn Syndicate, maybe Catacombs, etc. I know I've seen them, and am thinking I've seen them in a variety of places.

The only lowbie quest that something like that includes is KotB:

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goalt View Post
    in the Waterworks end chain reward?
    What server are you on? You can probably get someone to make you an ML1 Blindness Ward goggles of True Seeing with a slot to put the Gift of the Master augment in so you can have a nice utility item for getting secret doors and taking care of Blur/Displacement right away and get that 5% XP bonus starting at level 1.

It's my favorite piece of Cannith crafted gear.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Hero
    Mmm... purple!

I never bother with them. I just keep a stack of remove blindness potions in my inventory.

They're ML 3, called "Blindness Ward Goggles, and do not have any Augment slots (only Blindness Ward).
    I found them in the Waterworks and was wondering if anybody else has come across something similar in the WW.
    The description is very generic: these goggles protects its user against blindness (or something to that effect).

End chain reward, I was thinking it was something like the Bottle of Air, but couldn't find it in the wiki...
    The problem with focusing on the most extreme of players is that that group will only get smaller and smaller... Oof
    You know you have a problem when a virtual fantasy game ruins your concept of real world money and its value.

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    What server are you on? You can probably get someone to make you an ML1 Blindness Ward goggles of True Seeing with a slot to put the Gift of the Master augment in so you can have a nice utility item for getting secret doors and taking care of Blur/Displacement right away and get that 5% XP bonus starting at level 1.

It's my favorite piece of Cannith crafted gear.
    I prefer Pursuasion + True Seeing + Masters Gift. The extra +3 for UMD come in very handy for early use of scrolls.
    I wear those from level 1 for all builds
    Danskerne
    A Danish Guild on Ghallanda. Send PM if interested.
    Leading Raids Thursdays from 20 CET and Sundays from 21 CET.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    I prefer Pursuasion + True Seeing + Masters Gift. The extra +3 for UMD come in very handy for early use of scrolls.
    I wear those from level 1 for all builds
    I have those too. I made that to swap when I had to run Threnal 3 times to get the Ratcatcher.

I can see a case for either and the Blindness Ward isn't as necessary if you have Blindness removal pots, but I always forget to buy them. (Probably because I have Blindness Ward. )
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

So is it in the WW end chain list? Or just a Bottle of Air type thing?

Community Member

Blindness ward goggles are random loot.

They are a relic of OLD random loot. As you may know, in update 29 randomly generated loot was overhauled into the current form.
    https://ddowiki.com/page/Update_29_r...generated_loot

Before that, random loot looked and behaved differently. Few rare places in the game exist that still use the old random loot generation. These are the places where you can also get randomly generated clickies and other legacy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Goalt View Post
    End chain reward, I was thinking it was something like the Bottle of Air, but couldn't find it in the wiki...
    Or Pearl of the Sirines or Murlynd's Spoon.

It's odd that they are not in the Wiki, but I couldn't find them either - apparently something that, somehow, dropped thru the cracks way back when and has been (long!) overlooked.

I'd expect this will be corrected sooner than later.

Community Member

If you have Keep on the Borderlands there is quite a sweet anti blindness goggle as a random drop - gave me a blue augment and a mythic goggles bonus.

Useful to have on a hotbar to switch on when blindness strikes.

I have also got a set of the Waterworks ones floating around. Given you can still get uncraftable fish as a reward elsewhere, I am not holding my breath for an upgrade. Not complaining, just observing.