Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    620

    Default Bug Or WAI @devs? ALchemist cc

    Just a simple question.

    I do not know if people reported this, but veil freeze, flesh to gold nor the stun aspect from flashbang work vs reapers, reapers are immune to any of the hard cc effects from alchemist.
    Makes the class way less attractive to myself if the cc can be used only vs normal mobs. This is WAI?
    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    There is no shortage of content in this game for the weakest 5% of players.

    For most content, they have three difficulties designed solely for them, Casual, Normal and Hard.

  2. #2
    Community Member Sythe777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kebtid View Post
    Just a simple question.

    I do not know if people reported this, but veil freeze, flesh to gold nor the stun aspect from flashbang work vs reapers, reapers are immune to any of the hard cc effects from alchemist.
    Makes the class way less attractive to myself if the cc can be used only vs normal mobs. This is WAI?
    Not sure about the stun (as reapers can be stunned via greater shout), but reapers are incorporeal and therefore not affected by statechanges like freeze/fts. Seems WAI to me.
    Argonesson: Taliimara

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kebtid View Post
    Just a simple question.

    I do not know if people reported this, but veil freeze, flesh to gold nor the stun aspect from flashbang work vs reapers, reapers are immune to any of the hard cc effects from alchemist.
    Makes the class way less attractive to myself if the cc can be used only vs normal mobs. This is WAI?
    Reapers do not have flesh to turn to gold.

    As for the others, Freezes and Stuns in DDO generally do not work on Incorporeal creatures, including Reapers.

    That said, we're aware that Alchemist currently has few solid CC options against Reapers, and are discussing that at this time.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

    The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.


    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    To be very clear, the change to IPS does not specifically have to do with Inquisitive overperforming. It is the result of evaluating the way that Ranged Weapon Users interact with the overall build meta and (especially) melees.

  4. #4
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    5,720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Incorporeal creatures

    solid CC options
    Heh

  5. #5
    2014 DDO Players Council
    SirValentine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Eastern USA
    Posts
    7,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    As for the others, Freezes and Stuns in DDO generally do not work on Incorporeal creatures, including Reapers.
    No body to freeze, right, or face to punch.

    But Force effects don't care about all that Incorporeal jazz; they go straight home regardless. So stuns that are Force-based should work, right? Any Force effect that's not affecting Incorporeal would be a bug, I'd think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    Reapers do not have flesh to turn to gold.

    As for the others, Freezes and Stuns in DDO generally do not work on Incorporeal creatures, including Reapers.

    That said, we're aware that Alchemist currently has few solid CC options against Reapers, and are discussing that at this time.
    Perfect logic about freezes (though my freeze bard hates it :P)

    I'll add that Soundburst works on Reapers, though it's a stun. I guess you have to be sensitive to sound in order to be able to hear.

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xgya View Post
    I'll add that Soundburst works on Reapers, though it's a stun. I guess you have to be sensitive to sound in order to be able to hear.
    Well, Ear Smash works on reapers, so they should have ears...
    Arlandina / Bayanessa of Argonnessen

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload