Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 100 of 100
  1. #81
    Community Member TedSandyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    So . . . the people who already weren't playing Hardcore . . . are going to REFUSE to play Hardcore . . . because of some nonsense they made up inside their own heads.

    Read that again. The people who ALREADY weren't doing something, are going to CONTINUE not doing that thing.

    Heck, I'd be willing to bet that the reason why they posted this in General Discussion is because they don't actually have a subscription so they CAN'T play Hardcore.
    Ummm. The original poster DID play HC1 according to the post. So, I don't think this is what they are asking for.

    But, on the other hand, I feel Hard Core is the future of this game and I don't see how a boycott would help anything. "Lets kill this game faster to prove how much we don't like some minor changes" just seems a little to much.

    Over the years, I've seen many, many changes to this game. Some I liked, some I didn't. But all of them, every single one of them, eventually, I came to terms with, and some even grew to like.





    I wish people wouldn't be so dramatic. I even wish I wouldn't be so dramatic from time to time.

  2. #82
    Hero Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    *Snip*
    But, on the other hand, I feel Hard Core is the future of this game and I don't see how a boycott would help anything. "Lets kill this game faster to prove how much we don't like some minor changes" just seems a little to much.

    Over the years, I've seen many, many changes to this game. Some I liked, some I didn't. But all of them, every single one of them, eventually, I came to terms with, and some even grew to like.*Snip*
    I too had lots of fun in HCL1. To me it was one of the best experiences in DDO since the addition of Ravenloft.
    Change is good for the game in my opinion. It's good to shake up the META from time to time to promote change.
    To quote the slogan made famous in "Heartbreak Ridge"
    "Improvise, Adapt, Overcome"

    As always my opinions are only my own. I do not claim to represent anyone other then myself.
    Originally Posted by grodon9999
    "I'm beginning to think a lot of people play this game because it's cheaper than paying for a Dominatrix."
    Disciplines Disciples - 54 Alts on Khyber and counting

  3. #83
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    3rd door down to the right
    Posts
    4

    Default Boycott HC lol No way

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Lord_Mary View Post
    Since it has come to light that a majority of the nerfs coming to DDO that will alter the way melee, ranged, casters, and universal builds rebalancing towards hallucinated gameplay targets based mostly on Hardcore league data, I suggest that we the community band together and take a stand and boycott the Hardcore League season 2.

    This is hard for me to say as a vet of this game who's been playing since closed beta 1 - I love DDO - and I very much enjoyed the Hardcore League Season 1. I spent lots of real money buying the biggest guild ship and loading it up and spent the 3 months running the second-largest guild on that server. We had loads of fun.

    But when that fun then leads to alterations in the core game that affect my play on my home server, I just have to speak up and say no. I mean who cares about one event? If Hardcore League is going to destroy base gameplay by decimating melee, ranged, universal builds, just to balance for some arbitrary DPS targets to keep 15 min-maxers off of a leaderboard, isn't it prudent of us to say enough is enough?

    If these hardcore proponents want all builds bashed into smithereens where from their ruin rise a small group of classes where one gains any advantage - why not just create a separate server that uses separate rules, a world with no magic items, no guilds, no enhancement trees, just base classes - and let the people, like in class boat sail races, tack through whatever challenges you wish to design specifically for them in the hardcore environment; so be it.

    But do not mess with our beloved DDO, or F with our game, or sell us a universal enhancement tree only to gut it, or a sharn pass just to make it into a joke item (why not add a dance to the regular teleport spell then, that a wizard, warlock or sorcerer must do, if quick travel is so OP??) making nerfs that greatly alter and destroy melee, ranged, casting, and universal builds (that we paid real $$ for) just to bring the game into some hallucinated groupthink play style target and blast all the creativity out of every build until 5 year old could just log in and press k for some bland brainless gameplay.

    I am beyond frustrated at the changes posted to Lamania, despite how awesome it is Deleras and the Catacombs got some love, and am watching Lamania for signs of intelligence, hope, and reason.
    Ah..well I for one will not be boycotting HC you are certainly welcome to your opinion and I applaud you for voicing it. However, Long Live HardCore

  4. #84
    Community Member fatherpirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,800

    Default

    It is my hope that they open it up to Premium players as well.
    If they don't, I will not be there.
    Not spending any more cash on this game.
    Last edited by fatherpirate; 01-20-2020 at 01:36 PM.
    Planescape City of Doors for DDO endgame. Even dying in certain places can create new adventures.

  5. #85
    Founder, Alpha, Omega and Other Secret Things AnubisPrime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghwyn View Post
    Well said. I enjoyed hard core. Know what else? Every group I ran with, not a single person was a troll, griefer, or a tool. The LFM was packed.

    Other that not playing my usual characters, HC was awesome. Yes, dying was tough, but this was great for a temporary setting.
    I also very much enjoyed HCL1. It really changed the way I played, and raised my heart rate quite a bit.

    I think I can only stand it in seasons. I can make realistic expectations of the rewards that I want but I don't think I could live there.
    The Old Timers Guild
    www.oldtimersguild.com
    >> Open to the Public! <<
    Founder #2231
    PROUD MEMBER OF MOURNLANDS

  6. #86
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by losian2 View Post
    The old Guild amenities, even though they aren't going away evidently, need to. The same folks who cry about the game being too easy are probably also the ones with 30 to all resists at level 1 zerging content and wondering why it's easy. That it was left around so long is a shame in and of itself.

    I'm also baffled at the rather petulent attitude the playerbase is taking - provide feedback and cool it with the fear mongering and dev-specific hate.

    Within 5 minutes of it being reported that the shrines weren't spawning it was being crossposted to the main forums and everyone was up in arms - even after it was confirmed it was a bug people still kept freaking out. Y'all need to cool it. This kind of attitude does not keep a game alive and healthy, nor does it foster the ability to communicate with the devs.

    I swear, if I were on the dev team, I woulda cut back forum communications years ago. People on this forum are a shocking level of aggressive and needlessly take everything personal while simultaneously taking every single word spoken by a dev as absolute gospel and any change in plans as an insult and obvious lie/deception/money grab/whatever else.

    I play several times a year for a few months, mostly with new content, and have TR'd plenty.. I like keeping an eye on the forums to see what's going on and what's changing and coming up and it never fails to shock me how pointlessly spiteful so many posts are. Thread after thread devolves quickly into dev witch hunts and exaggeration about build nerfs (or adjustments - let's be honest, every change is not a nerf, many adjustments need to be made.. just because you don't like 'em or paid $X for a class doesn't mean it doesn't need adjusting.)

    It's an MMO, people. Stuff will constantly be balanced. If you seriously don't want to pay for something that may change then never buy anything again. Classes will always be balanced and rebalanced. Work WITH the devs, not against them. Accept that, amazingly enough, you may be wrong. Your one-dimensional experience using made-up numbers or anecdotes from your one bit of play in one style/quest/group make-up/etc. may not be wholly representative. Provide feedback, facts, and reasonable ideas, not all this vitriol. It does more damage to the game than any development changes could.
    +1 internets

  7. #87
    Hero Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by losian2 View Post
    The old Guild amenities, even though they aren't going away evidently, need to. The same folks who cry about the game being too easy are probably also the ones with 30 to all resists at level 1 zerging content and wondering why it's easy. That it was left around so long is a shame in and of itself.
    *SNIP*
    Provide feedback, facts, and reasonable ideas, not all this vitriol. It does more damage to the game than any development changes could.
    +1
    I agree with everything you said in your post.
    Originally Posted by grodon9999
    "I'm beginning to think a lot of people play this game because it's cheaper than paying for a Dominatrix."
    Disciplines Disciples - 54 Alts on Khyber and counting

  8. #88
    The Hatchery Cernunan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    You know, there
    Posts
    709

    Default

    The people complaining about the game being too easy, are not the ones talking g about the resist shrines, that assertion is simply false.

    The people who WILL care about the resist shrines are the 99% of players who DO NOT frequent the forums, who are casual players who play for fun to relieve stress, not to play uber cutting edge EXTREME!!!!!!! challenge. Most of the player base take the shrines for granted as the least common denominator of thier play experience.

    Those cheering the removal of the shrines do not understand the vast majority of the player base. There WILL be far reaching consequences for the removal, because when the majority of the player base logs in after the update to find their playing experience so dramatically adjusted, a large majority will not be happy.

    And for the people who act like such changes will have no effect on player retention have not been paying attention. Changes like this is a reason the servers have fewer players now then 2 years ago, 5 years ago, 10 years ago.
    After these changes the player base WILL become smaller again.

    I know. I've been here for each one of these discussions. I've watched both of my guilds go from max capacity to 2 active players in both.

    That's not doooommm, that's objective observation
    Last edited by Cernunan; 01-20-2020 at 05:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

  9. #89
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Near Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Lord_Mary View Post
    Since it has come to light that a majority of the nerfs coming to DDO that will alter the way melee, ranged, casters, and universal builds rebalancing towards hallucinated gameplay targets based mostly on Hardcore league data, I suggest that we the community band together and take a stand and boycott the Hardcore League season 2.

    This is hard for me to say as a vet of this game who's been playing since closed beta 1 - I love DDO - and I very much enjoyed the Hardcore League Season 1. I spent lots of real money buying the biggest guild ship and loading it up and spent the 3 months running the second-largest guild on that server. We had loads of fun.

    But when that fun then leads to alterations in the core game that affect my play on my home server, I just have to speak up and say no. I mean who cares about one event? If Hardcore League is going to destroy base gameplay by decimating melee, ranged, universal builds, just to balance for some arbitrary DPS targets to keep 15 min-maxers off of a leaderboard, isn't it prudent of us to say enough is enough?

    If these hardcore proponents want all builds bashed into smithereens where from their ruin rise a small group of classes where one gains any advantage - why not just create a separate server that uses separate rules, a world with no magic items, no guilds, no enhancement trees, just base classes - and let the people, like in class boat sail races, tack through whatever challenges you wish to design specifically for them in the hardcore environment; so be it.

    But do not mess with our beloved DDO, or F with our game, or sell us a universal enhancement tree only to gut it, or a sharn pass just to make it into a joke item (why not add a dance to the regular teleport spell then, that a wizard, warlock or sorcerer must do, if quick travel is so OP??) making nerfs that greatly alter and destroy melee, ranged, casting, and universal builds (that we paid real $$ for) just to bring the game into some hallucinated groupthink play style target and blast all the creativity out of every build until 5 year old could just log in and press k for some bland brainless gameplay.

    I am beyond frustrated at the changes posted to Lamania, despite how awesome it is Deleras and the Catacombs got some love, and am watching Lamania for signs of intelligence, hope, and reason.
    Totally agree. The Devs are listening to the wrong people whose priority lies in nerfing something that is fun to play. And to base the nerfs on the HC league is totally ridiculous. This is not even considering the cargo hold buffs.

  10. #90
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    27,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TedSandyman View Post
    Ummm. The original poster DID play HC1 according to the post. So, I don't think this is what they are asking for.

    But, on the other hand, I feel Hard Core is the future of this game and I don't see how a boycott would help anything. "Lets kill this game faster to prove how much we don't like some minor changes" just seems a little to much.

    Over the years, I've seen many, many changes to this game. Some I liked, some I didn't. But all of them, every single one of them, eventually, I came to terms with, and some even grew to like.





    I wish people wouldn't be so dramatic. I even wish I wouldn't be so dramatic from time to time.
    Minimizing what we disagree with while maximizing what we agree with doesnt make the other side "dramatic" while making us "just fine."

    "Lets kill this game faster to prove how much we don't like some minor changes"
    Said a different way - play the part of the game you like. If this change makes people not like HC then they dont have to play it. What impact does that have on DDO?

    If that causes the following:
    kill this game faster
    Then that makes your claim of
    minor changes
    to be incorrect.

    I would also ask the question of: Whats worse, people just leaving when they see a change coming down the pipeline which will impact their fun, or people providing feedback first to see if theres a chance the impact of the change could be minimized or redacted so they can continue to play how they want. If it doesnt happen that way then leave.

    Im pretty positive most business would prefer the latter over the former. Im also positive that casual dismissal of what they say combined with labeling feedback the subject doesnt agree with as "dramatic" contributes to net loss attrition.
    Last edited by Chai; 01-20-2020 at 10:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

  11. #91
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    27,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by losian2 View Post
    The old Guild amenities, even though they aren't going away evidently, need to. The same folks who cry about the game being too easy are probably also the ones with 30 to all resists at level 1 zerging content and wondering why it's easy. That it was left around so long is a shame in and of itself.

    I'm also baffled at the rather petulent attitude the playerbase is taking - provide feedback and cool it with the fear mongering and dev-specific hate.

    Within 5 minutes of it being reported that the shrines weren't spawning it was being crossposted to the main forums and everyone was up in arms - even after it was confirmed it was a bug people still kept freaking out. Y'all need to cool it. This kind of attitude does not keep a game alive and healthy, nor does it foster the ability to communicate with the devs.

    I swear, if I were on the dev team, I woulda cut back forum communications years ago. People on this forum are a shocking level of aggressive and needlessly take everything personal while simultaneously taking every single word spoken by a dev as absolute gospel and any change in plans as an insult and obvious lie/deception/money grab/whatever else.

    I play several times a year for a few months, mostly with new content, and have TR'd plenty.. I like keeping an eye on the forums to see what's going on and what's changing and coming up and it never fails to shock me how pointlessly spiteful so many posts are. Thread after thread devolves quickly into dev witch hunts and exaggeration about build nerfs (or adjustments - let's be honest, every change is not a nerf, many adjustments need to be made.. just because you don't like 'em or paid $X for a class doesn't mean it doesn't need adjusting.)

    It's an MMO, people. Stuff will constantly be balanced. If you seriously don't want to pay for something that may change then never buy anything again. Classes will always be balanced and rebalanced. Work WITH the devs, not against them. Accept that, amazingly enough, you may be wrong. Your one-dimensional experience using made-up numbers or anecdotes from your one bit of play in one style/quest/group make-up/etc. may not be wholly representative. Provide feedback, facts, and reasonable ideas, not all this vitriol. It does more damage to the game than any development changes could.
    Under normal circumstances Id agree with you, but youre saying this in a game that literally sells character power straight cash - so I have to point out how ironic it is to shout down those who are irritated that their bought and paid for character power is being reduced. Some folks sunk AS, which they paid straight cash for, into guild boats back when 30 point resists at level 1 were the shiny new toy.

    But hey, from the business perspective, those purchases hit the ledger years ago, and since it wont have an impact on this quarter's P&L its all fine and good to cut the benefit, all the while the next over performing character power sale is about to be rolled out. When half the forums is up in arms about the change, the other half will shout them down.

    No one needs to boycott the event. Once enough occurrences of this are observed and the pattern is recognized for what it is, they stop buying character power altogether, as it can no longer be trusted that it will remain in the state they purchased it in.
    Last edited by Chai; 01-20-2020 at 11:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

  12. #92
    Community Member Ashlayna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,127

    Default

    As a pure thought experiment, and as something that I know would never happen, I have found myself wondering how popular HCL would be if they removed the store. The idea is to be "hardcore", but if they stopped selling the ezmode, would it still retain that popularity? Barring the "but they need to make money" argument, with which I fully agree, btw, this is supposed to take the game to it's roots, and make tactical planning actually matter, right? So do that. Make the tomes only available through Favor rewards. Remove the availability of resist potions, etc. from the store, and force the use of what is actually available in game. That would be closer to what hardcore really means, after all. It already has a VIP requirement, meaning they're at least making something off of it, but remove the fluff. Make it so that the players are the ones actually earning the rewards, instead of their wallets, and see how that goes for a season.

    I suspect that this will get a lot of negative pushback from the HCL players, because I suspect that the only reason that some of them were successful was that there was a large outlay of cash to gain it. So, as an experiment, remove that, and see what kind of draw it still has.

  13. #93
    Hero Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunan View Post
    *Snip*
    The people who WILL care about the resist shrines are the 99% of players who DO NOT frequent the forums, who are casual players who play for fun to relieve stress, not to play uber cutting edge EXTREME!!!!!!! challenge. Most of the player base take the shrines for granted as the least common denominator of thier play experience.

    Those cheering the removal of the shrines do not understand the vast majority of the player base. There WILL be far reaching conseences for the removal, because when the majority of the player base logs in after the update to find their playing experience so dramatically adjusted, a large majority will not be happy.
    *Snip*
    Greater Sonic resist require guild level 57. Greater Fire Resist require guild level 61 with the other elements in between.
    Aside from long term veterans who play casually, ( Like Aelonwy's Family Guild ) How many casual guilds have really achieved that level to be hurt as bad as you are indicating?
    Last edited by Noir; 01-20-2020 at 01:37 PM.
    Originally Posted by grodon9999
    "I'm beginning to think a lot of people play this game because it's cheaper than paying for a Dominatrix."
    Disciplines Disciples - 54 Alts on Khyber and counting

  14. #94
    Hero Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashlayna View Post
    As a pure thought experiment, and as something that I know would never happen, I have found myself wondering how popular HCL would be if they removed the store. The idea is to be "hardcore", but if they stopped selling the ezmode, would it still retain that popularity? Barring the "but they need to make money" argument, with which I fully agree, btw, this is supposed to take the game to it's roots, and make tactical planning actually matter, right? So do that. Make the tomes only available through Favor rewards. Remove the availability of resist potions, etc. from the store, and force the use of what is actually available in game. *Snip.
    I for one never bought a single tome or resist potion from the store. ( I farmed the House P favor for the resist 20 and +4 stat buffs which really came in handy early in the season. )

    To be honest, I can't think of anything I bought from the store other then shards for chest re-rolls.
    I didn't achieve 5k favor because mostly stupidity on my part and my wife injured herself in fall a week and half before HCL closed.
    However, I did achieve 1750 favor, and level 20 and aside from my gold roll and bank characters I only rolled up 4 characters on the HCL server.

    I would play the HCL if they completely turned off the store.
    Originally Posted by grodon9999
    "I'm beginning to think a lot of people play this game because it's cheaper than paying for a Dominatrix."
    Disciplines Disciples - 54 Alts on Khyber and counting

  15. #95
    DDO Players Council Renvar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashlayna View Post
    As a pure thought experiment, and as something that I know would never happen, I have found myself wondering how popular HCL would be if they removed the store. The idea is to be "hardcore", but if they stopped selling the ezmode, would it still retain that popularity? Barring the "but they need to make money" argument, with which I fully agree, btw, this is supposed to take the game to it's roots, and make tactical planning actually matter, right? So do that. Make the tomes only available through Favor rewards. Remove the availability of resist potions, etc. from the store, and force the use of what is actually available in game. That would be closer to what hardcore really means, after all. It already has a VIP requirement, meaning they're at least making something off of it, but remove the fluff. Make it so that the players are the ones actually earning the rewards, instead of their wallets, and see how that goes for a season.

    I suspect that this will get a lot of negative pushback from the HCL players, because I suspect that the only reason that some of them were successful was that there was a large outlay of cash to gain it. So, as an experiment, remove that, and see what kind of draw it still has.
    As a corollary:

    As a pure thought experiment, I wonder how popular HCL would be if they put a time limit on playing a specific character to earn rewards. Say 20 hours per character, max. Timer runs anytime you are in a quest or adventure area. You can keep playing the character after the timer expires, but you don't get any rewards or leader board benefits. Those are frozen after 20 hours of in quest time. This is supposed to take the game to it's roots, and make tactical planning actually matter, right? So do that. With limitless time, players do not need to be efficient or have to weigh speed vs. caution. They can take safer routes. Do sub optimal things. Wait to run reaper until in epics or cap. Run on lower skull difficulties but just run a ton more quests to get reaper XP. Skilled play is less important than just spending an excessive amount of time. That would be closer to what hardcore really means, after all. Make it so that the players are earning the rewards with the best play, instead of just the ones who spend a full time job or more worth of time per week and end up spending 400 or more hours on a character while others spend only 30-50.

    I suspect that the only reason that some players were successful was that there was a large amount of time spent to gain the rewards. So, as an experiment, remove that aspect, and see what kind of draw it still has.

    See how much favor or reaper XP they can earn if they only have a total of 20 hours of character time to do it. That would be a true test of game ability.

    The people with extra time can always start another character when the 20 hours are up and take more cracks at getting a good time. But anyone with 20 hours to spend can compete equally.
    Asheras - Velania - Renvar - Ventarya - Officer in Loreseekers and Officer of Lava Divers - Khyber

  16. #96
    Community Member Ashlayna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renvar View Post
    As a corollary:

    As a pure thought experiment, I wonder how popular HCL would be if they put a time limit on playing a specific character to earn rewards. Say 20 hours per character, max. Timer runs anytime you are in a quest or adventure area. You can keep playing the character after the timer expires, but you don't get any rewards or leader board benefits. Those are frozen after 20 hours of in quest time. This is supposed to take the game to it's roots, and make tactical planning actually matter, right? So do that. With limitless time, players do not need to be efficient or have to weigh speed vs. caution. They can take safer routes. Do sub optimal things. Wait to run reaper until in epics or cap. Run on lower skull difficulties but just run a ton more quests to get reaper XP. Skilled play is less important than just spending an excessive amount of time. That would be closer to what hardcore really means, after all. Make it so that the players are earning the rewards with the best play, instead of just the ones who spend a full time job or more worth of time per week and end up spending 400 or more hours on a character while others spend only 30-50.

    I suspect that the only reason that some players were successful was that there was a large amount of time spent to gain the rewards. So, as an experiment, remove that aspect, and see what kind of draw it still has.

    See how much favor or reaper XP they can earn if they only have a total of 20 hours of character time to do it. That would be a true test of game ability.

    The people with extra time can always start another character when the 20 hours are up and take more cracks at getting a good time. But anyone with 20 hours to spend can compete equally.
    Why not both? I didn't play S1, and have no intention of playing S2, it wouldn't matter to me. It's not based on "boycott" either, I'm just not interested.

  17. #97
    Community Member Chai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wisconsin, birthplace of D&D
    Posts
    27,243

    Default

    None of the restrictions accomplish the obvious goal - generation of revenue.

    The major take away for me was how fast it was finding and filling groups as people from every server participated. This was especially true in the lower levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

  18. #98

    Default

    Hardcore is a big reason why I'm back and re-up'ed my sub.
    So at least in my case, HCL has gained a VIP player.

    I haven't played it yet but my expectation is that the power inequality will be less and skill more important.
    I'm hoping there will be more team work, more crawling instead of zerging, and more PuGing.
    Perma Death! The threat of losing your beloved character forever is a huge part of the excitement of Tabletop.
    I'll have to see if HCL lives up to my expectations but I have high hopes.

    I understand why people are upset.
    My solo guild is level 59.
    I'm the very player most effected by the loss of the resists.
    I struggled to get my guild up toward level 61 specifically for the resists.
    It was way more work and $ than if I just joined a big guild (being anti-social is hard yo).
    I'll never get my 'new system' buffs up to the point where my shippies are on par.
    There's no point in even trying. That means no more store renown boosters.

    So it hurts but I'll get over it.

    I understand people are upset over Inquisitive or w/e getting nerfed.
    But I suspect that now, as always, players will quickly adjust to the new wrinkle.

    Anyway I'm excited to play and am hoping for a successful HCL season 2.
    This seems like one of the best ideas DDO has had in a long while.
    So I can't say I wish people luck with the boycott.
    But I do wish people luck getting their issues addresses to their satisfaction.
    BONGO FURY - Ghallanda - Thingfish - Wizard, Diuni - Ninja, Gheale - Angel, Dullknife - Tank, Noodlefish - Gimp, Jaquaby - Treacherous and other gimps.

  19. #99
    Community Member pSINNa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    G-Land/Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    751

    Default

    Going back a number of years - i'd tired of the TR grind a bit and got into Perma Death.

    No twinking - only found gear - only use what was in chests for your character - including plat - no plat, gear, or anything passing from other characters - all dungeons only allowed to be done once on each difficulty - and if you died - it was reroll time.

    It was pretty good, and I think I improved as a player - learning some better tactics - and yeh - no zerging full stop - that was a death sentence.

    Eventually I came back to normal play - but I did enjoy the time I spent playing that style of DDO.


    I didn't go into the Hardcore Round 1, and may not on Round two etiher - though I have stayed VIP for a very long time now, and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

    It's not a boycott for me, it's just that the characters I am enjoying moving through content at the moment are taking up all my time, and that's about it.

    I don't know that trying to organise some sort of 'boycott' movement amongst the player base is a great idea really.

    If changes are something that can't be stomached, well, fair enough, that's one way to go.

    I'm looking forward to the next wave of innovative builds to wring out the best from the adjusted ruleset, and will be rolling into one of them come my next wave of TR.

    Who knows, I may even dip my foot into Hardcore during one of the Rounds, because it looks like it may be here to stay.

    Have a good one,

    Coit out
    Coitfluff Coitrippr Coitrocket CoitburnerLuciforge Coithealz: Ghallanda

  20. #100
    Community Member pSINNa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    G-Land/Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noir View Post
    Greater Sonic resist require guild level 57. Greater Fire Resist require guild level 61 with the other elements in between.
    Aside from long term veterans who play casually, ( Like Aelonwy's Family Guild ) How many casual guilds have really achieved that level to be hurt as bad as you are indicating?
    I suppose my brother and I qualify as 'long term veterans that play casually' - we have a guild with two members - and have it in the 70's somewhere.

    It's a massive convenience for us to have our resists, and +2's to abilities, DR, skill boosts, and healing amp - when you're running solo on melee characters it's a big difference.

    I wouldn't have had much to worry about - resist pots, etc on those melee characters, but..... champions.

    The addition of champions to the game made a big difference to running solo lives doing your elite runs (and even hard to be honest).

    Massive spike damage from champion casters makes having those resists at 30 almost a pre-req.

    If you've forgotton what it's like to see your level 3 barbarian or fighter go done to a one shot by a kobold champion - prepare to see that action again - I guarantee a lot of 'casual' players will be re-acquainted with the feeling very soon, hehehe.

    Now I'm not crying too hard about it, I see SSG's point on this, getting your House P favour, having pots falling out of your inventory, and a lot of play tactic adjustments will be coming, and the only time things in life don't change is when you're dead....

    There's going to be a lot of refugee's though. Champions, they changed a lot of things in game, and this is one that will be felt after those 30 resists are not easy to get (though it sounds like 'for a price, hopefully a reduced astral shard price i sincerely hope, we may be able to get there one way or the other....)
    Coitfluff Coitrippr Coitrocket CoitburnerLuciforge Coithealz: Ghallanda

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload