Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Did say something here, but I erased it.
    Because I don't care anymore.
    Last edited by fatherpirate; 01-20-2020 at 01:34 PM.
    My twitch channel fatherfungus2008

2017 DDO Players Council Starla70's Avatar

I am conflicted on this. First I am not certain why hardcore with completely different rules and server should effect the other servers. I did not play hardcore, and really have no desire for it. I am working on completionist and well I only have so much play time. I have always questioned the whole balance issue. I can't say I think the game is balanced when a kobald has 10,000 hp when most of the best players are lucky to have 2,000 hp. The guild ship buffs are going away because of Hard core, why? How does balance there effect balance in the general servers? I am glad Lynnabel figured out the tavern mailbox, banker and AH will still be there. We also use the stone of change and thieves tool making often. Our guild chests are full, need those. Taking out the elemental shrines makes sense to a point, but I like the of a stacking buff, +30 at 1st level doe snot make sense, yet at 30th level it barely helps.
    Argonnessen main server/Kachinna, Dannu, KKenzi, Shanahann, Kaystrra, Fnorr, and Kyliestar toons

Your Dice really do hate you.

Community Member

Hmm, the argument that HC is a better way of finding balancing issues than reaper and data from normal servers makes a lot of sense. We don't have zounds of PLs in HC to influence stuff.

Sad about my sharn port going away, though.

Community Member

The old Guild amenities, even though they aren't going away evidently, need to. The same folks who cry about the game being too easy are probably also the ones with 30 to all resists at level 1 zerging content and wondering why it's easy. That it was left around so long is a shame in and of itself.

I'm also baffled at the rather petulent attitude the playerbase is taking - provide feedback and cool it with the fear mongering and dev-specific hate.

Within 5 minutes of it being reported that the shrines weren't spawning it was being crossposted to the main forums and everyone was up in arms - even after it was confirmed it was a bug people still kept freaking out. Y'all need to cool it. This kind of attitude does not keep a game alive and healthy, nor does it foster the ability to communicate with the devs.

I swear, if I were on the dev team, I woulda cut back forum communications years ago. People on this forum are a shocking level of aggressive and needlessly take everything personal while simultaneously taking every single word spoken by a dev as absolute gospel and any change in plans as an insult and obvious lie/deception/money grab/whatever else.

I play several times a year for a few months, mostly with new content, and have TR'd plenty.. I like keeping an eye on the forums to see what's going on and what's changing and coming up and it never fails to shock me how pointlessly spiteful so many posts are. Thread after thread devolves quickly into dev witch hunts and exaggeration about build nerfs (or adjustments - let's be honest, every change is not a nerf, many adjustments need to be made.. just because you don't like 'em or paid $X for a class doesn't mean it doesn't need adjusting.)

It's an MMO, people. Stuff will constantly be balanced. If you seriously don't want to pay for something that may change then never buy anything again. Classes will always be balanced and rebalanced. Work WITH the devs, not against them. Accept that, amazingly enough, you may be wrong. Your one-dimensional experience using made-up numbers or anecdotes from your one bit of play in one style/quest/group make-up/etc. may not be wholly representative. Provide feedback, facts, and reasonable ideas, not all this vitriol. It does more damage to the game than any development changes could.

^ this

Quote Originally Posted by losian2 View Post
    The old Guild amenities, even though they aren't going away evidently, need to. The same folks who cry about the game being too easy are probably also the ones with 30 to all resists at level 1 zerging content and wondering why it's easy. That it was left around so long is a shame in and of itself.

I'm also baffled at the rather petulent attitude the playerbase is taking - provide feedback and cool it with the fear mongering and dev-specific hate.

Within 5 minutes of it being reported that the shrines weren't spawning it was being crossposted to the main forums and everyone was up in arms - even after it was confirmed it was a bug people still kept freaking out. Y'all need to cool it. This kind of attitude does not keep a game alive and healthy, nor does it foster the ability to communicate with the devs.

I swear, if I were on the dev team, I woulda cut back forum communications years ago. People on this forum are a shocking level of aggressive and needlessly take everything personal while simultaneously taking every single word spoken by a dev as absolute gospel and any change in plans as an insult and obvious lie/deception/money grab/whatever else.

I play several times a year for a few months, mostly with new content, and have TR'd plenty.. I like keeping an eye on the forums to see what's going on and what's changing and coming up and it never fails to shock me how pointlessly spiteful so many posts are. Thread after thread devolves quickly into dev witch hunts and exaggeration about build nerfs (or adjustments - let's be honest, every change is not a nerf, many adjustments need to be made.. just because you don't like 'em or paid $X for a class doesn't mean it doesn't need adjusting.)

It's an MMO, people. Stuff will constantly be balanced. If you seriously don't want to pay for something that may change then never buy anything again. Classes will always be balanced and rebalanced. Work WITH the devs, not against them. Accept that, amazingly enough, you may be wrong. Your one-dimensional experience using made-up numbers or anecdotes from your one bit of play in one style/quest/group make-up/etc. may not be wholly representative. Provide feedback, facts, and reasonable ideas, not all this vitriol. It does more damage to the game than any development changes could.
    Wouldnt be a problem if power creep wasnt a revenue stream.

Its far better on player attitudes to never give them that level of power creep, than it is to hand it to them, then take it away later on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Quote Originally Posted by Souless View Post
    This is just dumb....In order for everyone to be on the an even playing field EVERYTHING in the DDO store should be free to HC.

How can a tool that doesn't represent the live servers be "the best tool"? Again this is just dumb.

The Bytcher~
    HC is 1000% more of an even playing field than live servers. It really felt like going back to launch. Some people spent a lot on the store but not that many, and store doesn’t even give you that much of a power advantage anyhow.

The real issue with balancing to HC is nobody was running high end raids or r10 etc.

I don't have to boycott anything, I'm not a VIP and it's not an incentive to go VIP during hardcore league.

I'll do some racials or just play another MMO while that is going on because the regular servers will be empty.
    Social Justice W...arlock (5e toon)
    OkarisRage, Artificer with 3 druid past lives = <3

Are we required to salute you when you post? Just wondering.

Have you read the changes on the Lamma forums? Have you read through any of the stuff that's carried over to here? Do you understand what the nerf, and it's not an adjustment, it's a nerf, to Precise Shot/Archer's Focus means to a level 4 Ranger? You see, the philosophy behind nerfing Inquis is to just nuke all ranged combat from orbit, in hopes of catching the OP stuff. I actually get a mental of image of whomever hit the switch to activate this update on Lamma crossing their fingers and praying to the gamer gods that it works, and that a lot of people will take a position similar to your own: If they say it needs to be done, it needs to be done. Breaking News: It didn't have to be done in this manner, film at 11. Instead of a surgical strike on perceived overperformance at end game, this from Lynnabel in one of these threads, they have nerfed any build that uses the same skills, in all parts of the game. In order to justify it, they claim "easy access to AoE by ranged characters"? Easy access?

Rangers get it for free, and have IPS at 11, this is the only class that actually does get "easy access". But Mechs don't. Artificers don't. Thrower builds, unless they're playing ranger, don't, and some of these classes won't get IPS until 15. Casters don't get IPS until 15 if they go AA, and can't take their capstone until 25. I have played AA on FvS, Druid, Bard and Wizard. They do not get "easy access" to the feats, they have to build for them specifically, giving up other things that would be better for them to focus on, but I hate playing a caster, and so I don't play as a primary caster. Until now, this playstyle has been supported, even if it's a considerable investment to get there, but that's trash now, under the current Lamma meta, because "Inquis was OP", and "easy access to Aoe" but I'm "overreacting"? I don't think I've reacted strongly enough.

This isn't even considering other "interesting" side effects that I've gone into in these threads, such as taking Precise Shot on a melee build so that your backup ranged hits the mobs you intend to hit, instead of being "interrupted" by mobs that get between you and your intended target losing their stacks of Archer's Focus when their target dies, and they swap to another, w/out moving. Being able to move under Archer's Focus, and keep your stacks, looks good on paper, and if you're fighting a raid boss, it may even be good in practice, but if you're level 4 in KotB or Korthos? Sucks to be you, when you lose those stacks, especially if you have the unmitigated gall to want to use a bow... So spare me your self righteous indignation, mmkay? I don't like some of these changes to ranged as a whole because I play ranged that isn't considered OP, FvS AA, for example, and because I understand the impact it's going to have across the entire game, instead of just one subset of a subset of the player base.

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    I don't have to boycott anything, I'm not a VIP and it's not an incentive to go VIP during hardcore league.

I'll do some racials or just play another MMO while that is going on because the regular servers will be empty.
    Exactly. HCL is when my wife and I get all our past lives in. There are no raids, or high reaper groups since they are all on Hardcore and I'm not VIP. We get in as many PL as we can and then cap our toons with whatever build we want to play for when everyone comes back
    "The definition of success is rebuffing between deaths with great enthusiasm."

Chippacabre, Chippotle, Chippmunk Funk, Chippinater, Chippin Dale, Chippling - Leader of Upper Caves of Anthia on Ghallanda

All the complaining people are making about the changes having to do with hardcore, the only two that had to do with HCL are the sharn pass and the ship shrines. The sharn pass totally makes sense. Kind of defeats the purpose of the league if you have it. The boat buffs they were going to get rid of eventually anyway and they really defeat the purpose of the league as well.

As far as the class/gameplay changes, they were going to do those regardless, it just is convenient to do them in between HCL seasons. While I don't perfectly agree with all of them, most of it is good. And if you are seriously upset about them nerfing inquisitive, I question your judgement. Remember when inquisitive came out, everyone was complaining about how they were gonna suck and the devs said, "we think they'll be competitive..." and what do you know people figured em out to where they are double the dps of every other decent build. Devs can't predict that so they gotta get nerfed. Can't wait to play Alchemist!

Chippacabre, Chippotle, Chippmunk Funk, Chippinater, Chippin Dale, Chippling - Leader of Upper Caves of Anthia on Ghallanda

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by chipotle47 View Post
    Exactly. HCL is when my wife and I get all our past lives in. There are no raids, or high reaper groups since they are all on Hardcore and I'm not VIP. We get in as many PL as we can and then cap our toons with whatever build we want to play for when everyone comes back
    Exactly! I am actually VIP, and i did try hardcore league the first time, but when i died, at level 2, i didnt feel like the rewards justified me trying to make it, so back to my main i went. You know what? I got several racials done and probably accumulated 20 reaper points while the hcl was running. When everybody returned, i was closer to them when we ran reapers. Dont get me wrong, it was a complete ghost town on the main server, so i pugged with whomever was around.

Point is, ill try it again, but once i die, thats it. Back to my main

As for the iqs nerf, it was going to happen. I play a monk and i have been nerfed several times. Ypu know what? I still play him cause I like playing a monk. I may not be the best class, but i can certainly hold my own. I felt burned as well, but i found a way to make it work where i am content. Im sure this is not the last change they will do, so buckle up!

Nico

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    So . . . the people who already weren't playing Hardcore . . . are going to REFUSE to play Hardcore . . . because of some nonsense they made up inside their own heads.

Read that again. The people who ALREADY weren't doing something, are going to CONTINUE not doing that thing.

Heck, I'd be willing to bet that the reason why they posted this in General Discussion is because they don't actually have a subscription so they CAN'T play Hardcore.

Well said. I enjoyed hard core. Know what else? Every group I ran with, not a single person was a troll, griefer, or a tool. The LFM was packed.

Other that not playing my usual characters, HC was awesome. Yes, dying was tough, but this was great for a temporary setting.
    Gwhyn Saige - heroic and epic completionist, loving the EK build
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...elee-wizard-EK

simply put ^

Hardcore Server is fun (for various reasons)
    Regular Servers are not.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    So . . . the people who already weren't playing Hardcore . . . are going to REFUSE to play Hardcore . . . because of some nonsense they made up inside their own heads.

Read that again. The people who ALREADY weren't doing something, are going to CONTINUE not doing that thing.

Heck, I'd be willing to bet that the reason why they posted this in General Discussion is because they don't actually have a subscription so they CAN'T play Hardcore.
    Actually the people who weren't interested in Hardcore will be dropping their VIPS and stop buying points to play the game on dead servers (as so many of us did the last time around).
    "Shut up and die like a wizard"

Community Member

I zerg level one on reaper with no trees (oh my god) without the resists and it's still too easy. really doe if you spend more than 20 min's at level 1-3 you are probably a new player.

Community Member Oghma_Infinium's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ghwyn View Post
    Well said. I enjoyed hard core. Know what else? Every group I ran with, not a single person was a troll, griefer, or a tool. The LFM was packed.

Other that not playing my usual characters, HC was awesome. Yes, dying was tough, but this was great for a temporary setting.
    Does it not mean the PowerCreep has spoiled the game spirit amongst Top Lvl players on Live Server ?
    There is no genius without a touch of madness. Doubt is the key to knowledge. No child has sinner heart.
    Mastering a weapon is knowing how & when to not use it. No law forbid you to be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by tralfaz81 View Post
    Actually the people who weren't interested in Hardcore will be dropping their VIPS and stop buying points to play the game on dead servers (as so many of us did the last time around).
    Right, SO MANY of you did last time around, they really learned their lesson that Hardcore League was a bad idea and they won't be doing that again....

Community Member

If HCL2 makes lots of money for SSG I'm all for it. Not sure if I will play or not but I'm all for things that make SSG money and keep the lights on.

If at any point DDO stops being fun I'll stop playing of course but I didn't play much in HCL1 and I still had fun.

Quote Originally Posted by chipotle47 View Post
    Right, SO MANY of you did last time around, they really learned their lesson that Hardcore League was a bad idea and they won't be doing that again....
    Cost/benefit analysis? Maybe they made a lot of new whales in HCL, looking to get some epeen cosmetics?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast