Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 100
  1. #21
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    155

    Default

    The best thing about HC2 will be gathering a bunch of xp stones and prizes from gold rolls that you can transfer for free to your primary server. That and transferring the unique one item per server bonus items from the purchasing of marketplace items (e.g. gold cleric hireling). Plus you can create a bunch of HC characters to transfer and can have a lot of extra characters on a server without buying the slots. The many upcoming hard nerfs will make playing new toons without a 100 past lives with their OP benefits pointless. The message to new players and new toons, drop dead.

  2. #22
    Community Member Clemeit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunan View Post
    You forgot the boarding pass, which was one of the few perks of a small expansion that cost over a hundred dollars that was fine, until it was used as an emergency click on the HC server, now has a long interruptible animation
    Oh yeah, great point! Can't have convenient items on the live servers because they don't fit well with HCL. Nevermind the fact that we paid good money for this QOL stuff.

  3. #23
    Community Member Clemeit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mofus View Post
    Played the first HCL, got my level 20 cloak, had fun, but debating on paying for round 2 with all the stuff going on. Also, how is the lag gonna play into people wanting to play Hard core. If lag is bad, there wont be a season 2 for very long.
    Don't worry! I'd reckon they have every intention of dedicating resources to maintain a (mostly) lag-free HCL server at the expense of the live servers.

  4. #24
    Community Member Oliphant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,312

    Default

    Since I pay lots of money to buy all the content and other spending, and because I do it that way for love of the game (for me a subscription feels like an incentive to quite while ownership feels like enfranchisement that keeps me invested), I feel left out and make sure to spend no money on DDO while HCL is up and I am excluded. I think excluding premium players is very unwise and I'm not sure I'm going to stick around for a whole 'nother round of feeling disrespected when all I do is support. Yeah, I did a big round of spending after HCL, so a dev might say I'm all tawk. I let it go once. Next time I'm done.
    Please consider the environment before printing this post

  5. #25
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    US
    Posts
    37

    Default

    I already own everything. There's no way I'm paying $30 just to play HCL. Open it to premium players with an in-store purchase.

  6. #26
    Community Member fatherpirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,805

    Default

    I would play the HC Server just for fun.
    Just like I did AFTER the event during the after party.
    Planescape City of Doors for DDO endgame. Even dying in certain places can create new adventures.

  7. #27
    Community Member Ashlayna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    So . . . the people who already weren't playing Hardcore . . . are going to REFUSE to play Hardcore . . . because of some nonsense they made up inside their own heads.

    Read that again. The people who ALREADY weren't doing something, are going to CONTINUE not doing that thing.

    Heck, I'd be willing to bet that the reason why they posted this in General Discussion is because they don't actually have a subscription so they CAN'T play Hardcore.
    Alternatively, they could be trying to reach the players that might want to think about subbing to play HCL. I'm not going to be boycotting it because of this, I'm just not going to be playing it, again. I don't have the epeen issues required to make it necessary. Reading through Lamma, it may be moot anyway, because if what's live now goes live, I may free up some drive space anyway. I mean seriously, even my assassin, that only uses Precise Shot, is going to get that nerfed, and losing any stacks of Archer's Focus when you change targets is a nerf. I'm really sure that having throwing daggers for perched mobs was totally killing that melee playstyle. Of course, if they've got some way to get up there to melee those perched mobs, they could share it with me, unless it's some third party software, in which case I'm not interested. I'd much rather assassinate them, much faster that way.

  8. #28
    Community Member fatherpirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,805

    Default

    This discussion in a nut shell.

    "Don't join the bowling league, no no no your killing me, you know how hard it is to field
    a softball team?"

    "But I want to bowl now"

    "Bowling needs to be banned during softball season ! you know how much I have
    personally invested in softball ???"

    " and?"

    "Your killing me!"

    "See you at the bowling alley"

    and so on :-P
    Planescape City of Doors for DDO endgame. Even dying in certain places can create new adventures.

  9. #29
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxtan View Post
    The best thing about HC2 will be gathering a bunch of xp stones and prizes from gold rolls that you can transfer for free to your primary server. That and transferring the unique one item per server bonus items from the purchasing of marketplace items (e.g. gold cleric hireling). Plus you can create a bunch of HC characters to transfer and can have a lot of extra characters on a server without buying the slots. The many upcoming hard nerfs will make playing new toons without a 100 past lives with their OP benefits pointless. The message to new players and new toons, drop dead.
    Wait we can transfer and still access characters transferred even though we don't have free slots? I've been deleting mules for no reason?

  10. #30
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    893

    Default

    I did enjoy the HC Server and got a charakter to 30. Was a lot of fun especially in the first days with many people trying it out.

    However. Since you have the ability to buy yourself power in the store (+8 tomes for example) it is not really a challenge to me and i will skip Season 2 probably.

    A boycott because of some changes to OP classes? lol
    Orien: Drache-V36, Merkades-V6 , Askasia-Cleric

  11. #31
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    I’m going to go Hardcore just as much as I did the first time around - collecting my silver and gold rolls and getting my one-per-server loot to transfer back to Argonessen.


    I played a single melee toon to lvl 21 the first time. Stopped when I got bored. But the sentient gems and the gold rolls were tasty tasty. This will be my sole goal for HC season 2 as well, just porting back the loot.
    Last edited by MaeveTuohy; 01-16-2020 at 09:23 AM.

  12. #32
    DDO Players Council Renvar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3,999

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Lord_Mary View Post
    Since it has come to light that a majority of the nerfs coming to DDO that will alter the way melee, ranged, casters, and universal builds rebalancing towards hallucinated gameplay targets based mostly on Hardcore league data, I suggest that we the community band together and take a stand and boycott the Hardcore League season 2.

    This is hard for me to say as a vet of this game who's been playing since closed beta 1 - I love DDO - and I very much enjoyed the Hardcore League Season 1. I spent lots of real money buying the biggest guild ship and loading it up and spent the 3 months running the second-largest guild on that server. We had loads of fun.

    But when that fun then leads to alterations in the core game that affect my play on my home server, I just have to speak up and say no. I mean who cares about one event? If Hardcore League is going to destroy base gameplay by decimating melee, ranged, universal builds, just to balance for some arbitrary DPS targets to keep 15 min-maxers off of a leaderboard, isn't it prudent of us to say enough is enough?

    If these hardcore proponents want all builds bashed into smithereens where from their ruin rise a small group of classes where one gains any advantage - why not just create a separate server that uses separate rules, a world with no magic items, no guilds, no enhancement trees, just base classes - and let the people, like in class boat sail races, tack through whatever challenges you wish to design specifically for them in the hardcore environment; so be it.

    But do not mess with our beloved DDO, or F with our game, or sell us a universal enhancement tree only to gut it, or a sharn pass just to make it into a joke item (why not add a dance to the regular teleport spell then, that a wizard, warlock or sorcerer must do, if quick travel is so OP??) making nerfs that greatly alter and destroy melee, ranged, casting, and universal builds (that we paid real $$ for) just to bring the game into some hallucinated groupthink play style target and blast all the creativity out of every build until 5 year old could just log in and press k for some bland brainless gameplay.

    I am beyond frustrated at the changes posted to Lamania, despite how awesome it is Deleras and the Catacombs got some love, and am watching Lamania for signs of intelligence, hope, and reason.
    I disagree with your statement that any changes "destory base gameplay by decimating melee, ranged, universal builds". Nothing has been destroyed or decimated. That's an exaggeration. It also skips over the improvements. THF is going to be better. KoTC is better. Tanking is better. Throwing weapon builds will be better. Sure inquisitive builds took a big hit (which is probably appropriate), and other Xbow and bow builds are experiencing a reduced ability to do AoE DPS from range. But it's not that impactful in group play. It just might change build diversity and tactics some. None of which is necessarily a bad thing.

    Hardcore League was fun because there was challenge in the game again. If any lesson was learned in hardcore it should be that challenge is fun. I'm for changes to the live servers that bring in more challenge. Whether the lessons learned came from Hardcore experiences or Live server experiences.
    Asheras - Velania - Renvar - Ventarya - Officer in Loreseekers and Officer of Lava Divers - Khyber

  13. #33
    TOONETEER Brutuscass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    In Zulu time
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    So . . . the people who already weren't playing Hardcore . . . are going to REFUSE to play Hardcore . . . because of some nonsense they made up inside their own heads.

    Read that again. The people who ALREADY weren't doing something, are going to CONTINUE not doing that thing.

    Heck, I'd be willing to bet that the reason why they posted this in General Discussion is because they don't actually have a subscription so they CAN'T play Hardcore.

    Yup! it's always

    Same old people singing the same old song.

    Anyone would think that they are being forced to do something contrary to their free will

    All players have their own Free will and will do what they want, it is silly and pointless for a few to try and tell everyone else what to do



    Edit

    I saw someone say that they had seen Elvis serving behind the counter in McD's
    it was posted by a user on the Internet so of course it is all true
    Last edited by Brutuscass; 01-16-2020 at 10:18 AM.
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
    The downside to sycophancy is that you never get the best deal.
    Free spirits are always condemned. Only sycophants are tolerated.
    Even negative feed back can have a positive side if used to improve.

  14. #34
    The Hatchery Cernunan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    You know, there
    Posts
    713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brutuscass View Post

    Yup! it's always

    Same old people singing the same old song.

    Anyone would think that they are being forced to do something contrary to their free will

    All players have their own Free will and will do what they want, it is silly and pointless for a few to try and tell everyone else what to do
    Ahh, I see you quoted a single post which was debunked through the rest of the thread. People in the thread actually did play in the HC server, full time. So feel free to not ignore the entire rest of the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

  15. #35
    Bounty Hunter
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    11,642

    Default

    No thanks. I hardly played the months before and after hc league but played a bit more during HC.

    As for balance, HC league is probably one of the best tools they've had in quite some time to assess balance. Everyone is effectively on an even playing field. I think nerfs based on performance impacted by reaper points and past lifes is more problematic and less fair.
    Last edited by slarden; 01-16-2020 at 10:49 AM.

  16. #36
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post
    What specific changes do you guys think are (1) implemented due to HCL and (2) bad?

    This seems like a new iteration of the silly outrage over "balancing the game around reaper" where people were stridently against it, but never seemed to have a clear picture of what it meant or why it was bad.

    I'm thinking these little mantras get popular here because it's a Rorschach test for whatever you don't like about the game. People don't agree with what changes are good or bad, but they can get behind blaming some vague point of design theory for whatever it is they don't like. Whether you want casters buffed or casters nerfed you can blame the fact it isn't happening on "balancing around reaper" or "balancing based on hardcore results."
    This needs to be stickied at the top of the forum.

  17. #37

    Default

    not defending SSG but keep in mind that they nerfed a ton of quests due to HC
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (4), Naerfelka (21)


  18. #38
    Community Member fatherpirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,805

    Default

    Some people will play HC

    Some will not.

    It is not a 'plot' to ruin your fun on the non-HC Servers.
    It is a bunch of people saying "the rules on your server suck and I
    prefer to play over here"

    Get over it.

    Anyone can play on any server they want.

    (F2P and Prem.) need a subscription for HC, but we are currently asking SSG to open
    up that event for all.
    Planescape City of Doors for DDO endgame. Even dying in certain places can create new adventures.

  19. #39
    Community Member fatherpirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    1,805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    not defending SSG but keep in mind that they nerfed a ton of quests due to HC
    To be honest, HC was not the reason BUT
    HC was the tool they used to identify seriously unbalanced parts of the game.

    Explanation - HC tracked everything. It had to for various awards, leader boards and so on.
    That was a lot of NEW data, and they put it to good use to ID serious imbalances.

    They could calculate what all the top finishers had in common.
    What classes
    races
    guild amenities
    coin store boosts

    all of it.

    and that brings us to this MASSIVE balance update.

    So are these changes BECAUSE of HC...no
    but they did use data collected from HC to ID problem areas.
    Planescape City of Doors for DDO endgame. Even dying in certain places can create new adventures.

  20. #40
    Community Member Clemeit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    610

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    So . . . the people who already weren't playing Hardcore . . . are going to REFUSE to play Hardcore . . . because of some nonsense they made up inside their own heads.

    Read that again. The people who ALREADY weren't doing something, are going to CONTINUE not doing that thing.
    Except for the fact that the OP played HCL and even had an established guild. But we'll ignore that. We'll also ignore the many others in this thread and throughout the forums who played Season 1 but are frustrated enough with this update that they won't be playing Season 2.

    While we're at it, we can ignore the 80% of players who didn't play HCL and who won't be playing it in the future. Despite making up a significant portion of the player base, and despite the majority of them being paying Premium players, we can ignore their opinion altogether.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload