Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Worth noting that on Lamannia Dance of Death did not actually require THF to be used while moving.
    Broken for on-hit effects tho, Exposing Strike, Stunning Blow - you name it.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Komradkillingmachine View Post
    Broken for on-hit effects tho, Exposing Strike, Stunning Blow - you name it.
    What do you mean by this? I'm not quite understanding you.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

What do you mean by this? I'm not quite understanding you.
    Currently, when you successfully activate DoD by hitting (not-missing) a mob any and all following attacks such as Exposing Strike, Stunning Blow, other active single-target clickies will work for all 4 targets in DoD's area. The "new & improved" Strikethrough mechanic applies for the main target and does nothing for the rest of mobs. I can only assume the same is true for THF.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    Lynnabel there are a LOT of changes you are doing... and you only have Lam up for 3 days mid week.

Right now I'm not working so I have time to get on mid week. But even then there is a LOT to look at.

Also, it's quite hard to get groups to test the type of content that it would be typical to look at this with to get realistic test scenarios.

I don't think you're being fair please.

I want to give feedback. I actually find giving feedback is a lot of work and takes time. Please genuinely help us to help you by giving feedback by giving longer sessions of Lamania time AND over a weekend.
    Yeah I can only significant time to testing on weekends, if they want real feedback they need to leave Lamannia up for weeks at a time.

Community Member

Currently, when you successfully activate DoD by hitting (not-missing) a mob any and all following attacks such as Exposing Strike, Stunning Blow, other active single-target clickies will work for all 4 targets in DoD's area. The "new & improved" Strikethrough mechanic applies for the main target and does nothing for the rest of mobs. I can only assume the same is true for THF.
    Yes that is currently stupidly intended by the dev's. It's ok for 2wf and ips but let's make sure 2hf remains bottom of the pile. 2hf should START at 100% with the first feat and go to 250 with the final. The 200 cap is arbitrary and unless they plan on limiting casters to 3 mobs total with any spell..... how is 2hf op at actually useful amounts if targets?

Systems Designer

Correct. This is a Strikethrough thing, not a DoD thing. We're currently investigating.

I was one those who complained loudly on the ranged balance thread. Admittedly over the top at times (Although I prefer to say I was passionate). I am actually fine with all that was said by Sev and the devs over the past day or so. My concerns here are that 1) the compensation, for lack of better term, that will be given to longbows is indeed adequate and 2) it actually happens next week as was advertised by the devs on Lamannia or in time to be released with update 45.

If not, I reserve the right to have a meltdown.
    Last edited by barecm; 01-18-2020 at 11:07 AM.
    Sarlona Server - High Lords of Malkier :
    Kluege Fixer - Superkluege

Quote Originally Posted by barecm View Post
    I was one those who complained loudly on the ranged balance thread. Admittedly over the top at times (Although I prefer to say I was passionate). I am actually fine with all that was said by Sev and the devs over the past day or so. My concerns here are that 1) the compensation, for lack of better term, that will be given to longbows is indeed adequate and 2) it actually happens next week as was advertised by the devs on Lamannia or I time to be released with update 45.

If not, I reserve the right to have a meltdown.
    While I do understand the devs are in a no win situation, I have long reserved judgement for most things until it hits live. I've seen too many things added after the preview, not included in the release notes, etc to just trust xy or z will happen.

That said, I do appreciate Lynn coming here and interacting even though she seems to draw a lot of ire. I hope you don't take it personally, cuz that will likely drive you away from the forums. Thanks again.
    Sarlona's FORMER #1 Piker!!
    QuiknDirty~Quikster~Quikkilla Missquik~
    Member of Roving Guns

but that's not what happened at all we just wanted to get feedback from people who had tried the items out in game.
    Except you posted ALL THE OTHER CHANGES in the forums, which REALLY need to be tried to see the FULL effect.

Posting new items in the forums is actually helpful, because we can tell from the stats on an item roughly how effective it is compared to other items in the game, as they can be examined in a sandbox w/o worrying about how 255 different builds might or might not synergize with them.

Whereas previewing all the new classes and combat changes in the forums can only lead to theory crafting - and we usually do so from a "doom" point of view. Playing with the new changes and classes on Lamania is really the only way to flesh out good feedback. So IMHO you devs got it wrong (backwards). I am not advocating for NOT posting the preview notes on the forums, I am just saying from a practical standpoint you can get better quality feedback on items than you can game changes here on the forums.

I don't know where I've ever implied anything that I've done wrong has been the player's fault, and if I have I sincerely apologize.
    I have never seen you do this unless it was tongue-in-cheek. You are the most self-deprecating (as in "humble") dev on here, as your reply above shows. At times you seem more like one of us players (in a good way) than a dev. I appreciate all the time you spend in the forums, I know you have other "dev" thngs you could be doing.
    Last edited by Fedora1; 01-18-2020 at 10:30 AM.
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnabel View Post
    worth noting that on lamannia dance of death did not actually require thf to be used while moving.
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomajobo View Post
    hello, all! Glancing blows game-wide have been replaced with a new mechanic: strikethrough. While wielding a two-handed weapon, or while wielding a bastard sword or dwarven axe in your main hand and a shield, orb, rune arm, or nothing in your offhand, your attacks can strikethrough. When your attacks can strikethrough, every attack has a chance ("strikethrough chance") to hit an additional target. By default, players have a 20% strikethrough chance (which can be improved through feats and enhancements), and cannot strikethrough while moving. If your strikethrough chance is over 100%, you are guaranteed to hit a second target (if in range) on your attacks, with a chance to hit a third. By default, you can only strikethrough while standing still.
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomajobo View Post
    * Ranger enhancements
    • Dance of Death's buff now grants you the ability to strikethrough with melee attacks regardless of combat style for the duration of the buff (10 seconds), and grants +0%/100%/200% strikethrough chance for the duration of the buff. These replace the previous component that allowed you to hit multiple targets directly.
    • Dance of Death's cooldown is now 30 seconds.
    I'm sorry Lynnabel, what were you saying about DoD, strikethrough and moving?

Quoted, chapter-and-verse from the "Balance: Two Handed Fighting Changes" thread: "By default, you can only strikethrough while standing still."

I don't care what is/not on Lamannia; I care what is rolled out live game, and Cocomajobo's info clearly details how DoD WILL be nerfed: no move for strikethrough.

Therefore, U45 strikethrough rules will mandate that the ONLY way a Tempest Ranger will be able to MOVE while using DoD will require having the Two-Handed Fighting feat.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Qeistalan View Post
    I'm sorry Lynnabel, what were you saying about DoD, strikethrough and moving?
    I mean that the ability doesn't require the feat to be used while moving, and during the Lamannia preview it was completely functional without THF. I'm sorry if our notes implied otherwise. Of course we wouldn't require a ranger to take THF.

I mean that the ability doesn't require the feat to be used while moving, and during the Lamannia preview it was completely functional without THF. I'm sorry if our notes implied otherwise. Of course we wouldn't require a ranger to take THF.
    This is what I am wondering, just so we are clear and on the same page:

1. Do the preview notes that state strikethrough, w/o the THF feat, only works while standing still, apply to DoD?
    2. The fact that you can move and still strikethrough with DoD on Lamania is WAI or a "hey, well whaddya know about that, cool" observation?
    Last edited by Fedora1; 01-18-2020 at 06:05 PM.
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zretch View Post
    It seems odd to me that any nerf to inquisitive isn't relegated to the inquisitive tree itself.
    Precisely this. The discussions I've had on the main forums where people were asking for a nerf to Inquisitive, when asked for details, strayed to all areas and very little of it was actually about the Inquisitive tree. So is it Inquisitives that need a nerf? Probably. But what we get is Rangers taking a hit that will hurt and hurt sorely. I play ranged toons, it's my preferred playstyle and has been forever but after these nerfs, with my main taking a 40% dps hit when she is a pure dps toon and already being outclassed in high reapers by sorcs, assassins and various other classes, it seems I have nowhere left to run but the door.

From Wisconsin, Live in Iowa, Vist Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    Greetings,

Thank you for the feedback on our current Lamannia deployment. I wanted to clarify some things and respond to some player feedback.

We are also reviewing changes to Dance of Death, and doing more testing to see how it compares to Cleave based builds.

Thanks for the feedback!

Sev~

On Live..

Cleave
    Activate this feat to attack one or more enemies in an arc in front of you.
    This attack deals +1[W] damage.
    Great Cleave
    This feat attacks enemies in a wider arc than Cleave.
    This attack deals +2[W] damage.

Both produce glancing blows in game.

A few thoughts...

Would Cleave/Great Cleave has a base Strikethrough chance added to the feat?

Doubleling W value (or only in epics) Epics
    Cleave --> 2W,
    Great Cleave -->4W

Adding (BAB/10)W to W
    Cleave (1+(BAB/10))W
    Great Cleave (2+2*(BAB/10))W

Could add a chance to clear all tactical cool downs-
    Could add a short term buff to Double Strike / Strikethrough
    Could add static Melee Power
    Could add a short AC or Dodge buff (you just cleared space between you and mobs)
    Could unlock Whirlwind Attack (which could use a little love as well)
    Sarlona - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddoborguild.com - 2016 & 2017 Players Council --- Alts: Acetylene, Antimematter, CNG, Dilithium Crystal, EMF, EMPulse, Exothermic, Geothermal, Hexane, Hexyne, Hydropower, JA, Kerosene, LPG, Natural Gas, Nuclearpower, Propane, Solarpannel, Tidalpower, WASOB, Waulter, Windpower, Woodpile

Any chance we can get any feedback on player comments about stealth changes?

It seems odd that all other areas are addressed, but there is never any dev interaction on stealth changes.

When changes are made/proposed, and when you ask for player feedback, seems like a good time to interact.

Thanks in Advance!

-Noko
    - inactive player -

Quote Originally Posted by nokowi View Post

It seems odd that all other areas are addressed, but there is never any dev interaction on stealth changes.

When changes are made/proposed, and when you ask for player feedback, seems like a good time to interact.

Thanks in Advance!

-Noko
    This. I don't play any kind of stealth toon, but it does seem like this is repeatedly not replied to. Am I missing something?
    Proud guild gimp of Synergia! Adults only. Bring beer. Pants optional.
    Banginurz/Gimpinurz/Shagginurz/Spankinurz. Stay classy Argo.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaxpower View Post
    Sev: Will you please tell us approximately how many times per year SSG plans to activate the HC League? You owe it to your customers to reveal this information. Here is why. Some players plan to take a break from the game the next time it is activated b/c some of the live servers become ghost towns during the event. If you plan to run it multiple times per year, that could impact peoples' decisions regarding subscriptions, one way or the other.

Thank you in advance. Love the game, but don't understand some of the decision making.
    That's because the mad a truck load of fast cash on the HC server. Until it was over i did not understand how many players were dumping cash for +7/+8 supreme tomes and shards for gold rolls. So they will listen to the money and not the old stand buy player base who does not dump money on there heads to get there attention.

Community Member

I would like to thank the devs for taking time to take into consideration players concerns. I know I've personally been somewhat harsh with my feedback, and it's just the nature of the internet/forums (and myself) to give negatives and to skip the positives. So I thought it would take the moment to thank you since I normally forget to do such.

Looking forward to what comes next.

Well, testing what I could, and talking to other players in-game, non-INQ ranged characters have died the slow-death. They were already far behind actual AOE builds,
    this change to IPS among other things, selectively murdered them. I do more damage with my spellsinger bard, than our decked-out Ranger. It's pretty sad, really.

Not like rangers are AOE casters, but apparently the "gods" think lining up monsters and firing in a straight line is an AOE, so they fell victim to the "INQ-Meta" hammer.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nokowi View Post

Thanks in Advance!

-Noko
    I just posted about this in the main Preview 1: Balance thread.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...n-Thread/page9

Even when they specifically propose changes to the stealth mechanics, you again see no dev interaction. It's like they've been ordered to make no comments. I genuinely want to understand the proposed change as the wording of it is very confusing to me. Why is it such a forbidden topic?
    Zanthiss - L30 Mechanic - Cannith: Hand of Death
    Zamsil - L30 TWF VKF assassin

I've got a Dungeon Master's Guide... I've got 12 sided die...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast