Default Cargo Buffs/Teleporters/Bank/Tavern are Going Away

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    • Guild Airship Officer Dubgar no longer sells guild airship buffs or transport npcs. He still supplies training dummies, crafting stations and guild chests.
    No. Stop.

Bad.
    Population report: December 2019, January 2020

Angry Madness, madness and stupidity

Seriously, the Cargo Hold is one of the few places that even resembles a "hub" or a place for you and your guildies to run by and interact as you go about your business.

This is a terrible idea and without any justification! (no seriously, it's labeled under Misc changes, like "haha wow this is so crazy that we're removing this oh well!")

I'd bet money on it the reason is because they don't want players to have access to 30 resist shrines anymore, but in typical fashion we're using a hammer to solve the problems of a scalpel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rBe4bm1WFY
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    If given the choice to trust either actual data or what the forums are saying, I will choose the actual data every single time.

I get why, but I don't think this is a good idea. I like my cargo hold hole. What about 1 hour elemental resistances? Most of us still love those and remember losing guild members a decade ago when you couldn't afford to put them up.

Default No no no

I understand removing the 30 resists, but please leave the rest. As others have said the cargo hold is the best place on the guildship. The rest is wayyyy too big and cumbersome. The cargo hold is small amd cozy and can be arranged the way we like. Leave my cargo hold alone!

Quote Originally Posted by kned225 View Post
    I understand removing the 30 resists, but please leave the rest. As others have said the cargo hold is the best place on the guildship. The rest is wayyyy too big and cumbersome. The cargo hold is small amd cozy and can be arranged the way we like. Leave my cargo hold alone!
    I agree!

LEAVE MY STUFF ALONE! <3
    Without new players DDO will go the way of the dodo.
    r10 @ 30 stuff, Sorc Build Guide, Ghallanda

I really want pre 2012 server. I am not able to keep up with all the stuff changing bleh.

Systems Designer

This is not working as intended, and we are investigating. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Get rid of all the cargo hold "buffs," then put the bar/mail/bank/AH/etc on the top deck. Top deck is a more attractive spot for a hub anyway.
    Sabbath - Sarlona

I'll miss the low-level navigator.

He provided a fun incentive to get all the explorers in the Veil of Twilight and the Orchard of the Macabre.

Considering that in Ravenloft we get to teleport directly to quest-givers without even a first-time completion, having to complete explorers to teleport directly to a few more remote wilderness areas seems like a minor, yet useful quality of life benefit.

But what I find most unfortunate is that this change is removing an incentive to run content.
    Last edited by Tricosene; 01-15-2020 at 03:56 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post
    Get rid of all the cargo hold "buffs," then put the bar/mail/bank/AH/etc on the top deck. Top deck is a more attractive spot for a hub anyway.
    I think it’s a more attractive spot IF they get rid of the sound effects on the top deck. It’s annoying to stand on the top deck very long because of that.

Default I've actually wanted this...

I must be the odd one out as I have wanted the Cargo Hold buffs (legacy buffs) to go away for ages now. There are rooms available under the new (not really new) system that allow for a gathering in one place for mailbox, bank, auction, tavern, guild storage, training dummy and planescaller. Set your Proving Ground as the State room; add The Orien Express, Sellswords' Tavern, Farshifter's Chambers, and Guild Storage in the hold rooms nearby. Add a Three Finger Thad's and you got pawnshops too. All of this fits on a Windspyre Gryphon. The ideal is a larger ship with more room for more buffs which is available for higher level Guilds.

So many here (in the Forums) have sought out things like Reaper, and now Hardcore. We seem to want more difficulty, not more immunity from death. I can rarely find an LFM that is not for at least R1 these days. The idea that we need to keep +30 elemental resistances that expire quickly seems very outdated to the current gaming in DDO. We have them in our Cargo Hold, and I use myself only on throwaway toons that I am testing a particular build mechanic, if that's not going to interfere with it. I make use of Augments, of Potions, of Spells for my resistances when my equipment is lacking. I also like to craft it in at times.

As I said, I may be the odd one out, but I welcome the death of the Cargo Hold buffs that were never supposed to be here this long. We WERE TOLD ages ago that they could disappear at anytime after the new system came into effect. We have had our binky too long in my opinion.

And it is just that, my own opinion.
    "We can't all be heroes, because somebody has to sit on the curb and clap... oh, wait. This is D&D, yes we can!"

Default Regarding mail/auctioneer/banker/tavern

Instead of completely removing those amenities in cargo please consider such dependency:
    - if ship has The Orien Express - allow to buy auctioneer / mailbox / banker in cargo
    - if ship has Sellswords' Tavern - allow to buy barkeep in cargo
    Polska gildia DDO / Polish guild

Magia i Miecz (200), Argonnessen
    Zapraszamy!

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by gravisrs View Post
    Instead of completely removing those amenities
    Worth noting that the removal of those specific amenities is a bug that has been corrected
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Worth noting that the removal of those specific amenities is a bug that has been corrected
    I still cannot get a tavern, bank, auction house or transport. Just dummies, mail (shards) & altar/workstations.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tria View Post
    I still cannot get a tavern, bank, auction house or transport. Just dummies, mail (shards) & altar/workstations.
    Thanks
    Corrected in this context means in the code SSG has - not in the build that is currently available on Lam. But that those will be back once the game updates.
    Danskerne
    A Danish Guild on Ghallanda. Send PM if interested.
    Leading Raids Thursdays from 20 CET and Sundays from 21 CET.

Community Member

If you devs want to make cargo stuff eventually go away, think of making the cargo hold a extra lower deck so people with small ships, who will be most affected by that at least have 2 or 3 more open slots to put (new) amenities.