Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Angry Legacy Airship Buffs? What the nerf?

Guild Airship Officer Dubgar no longer sells guild airship buffs or transport npcs. He still supplies training dummies, crafting stations and guild chests.
    What gives?

If he no longer sells guild airship buffs or transport NPC's (that used to be a fun prank at people not paying attention, and then bing they are in Amrath), so then what.

So are these being phased out completely? how, what, where, why? Being replaced with anything?

Our small guild has the Kraken already, but that cargo hold is going to look woefully empty come this nerf (i still wanna peek in those boxes >.>).
    Orien: Level 400 Cannith Crafter
    (*) - Crafter Advert for Orien

"The 'forever' rogue"

Community Member

That is pretty lame. At least scale the new buffs higher to match what we are losing. Even if it has to scale by level. For example +1 enhancement element resist per level. We should be able to match the buffs we can achieve currently once we hit level 30.

Community Member

Question is "Will there be a hold amenity to replace this?"

If not the pitchforks come out. I seem to remember what dev said they wanted to do something about the legacy buffs. Without a replacement it would seem this was done with malice.

+30 to all 5 resists from level 1 is far too strong - not least for the Hardcore Server.

While I will miss these I completely understand why they are being removed - as was actually said they would be eventually back when airships got their large makeover.
    Danskerne
    A Danish Guild on Ghallanda. Send PM if interested.
    Leading Raids Thursdays from 20 CET and Sundays from 21 CET.

Too strong for you so don't use them

New players need all the help they can get just to not get 1 shot every single reaper fight

And with the drac soul gem all you lose is sonic so not seeing the point at all of this nerf
    Damonz Cannith

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    +30 to all 5 resists from level 1 is far too strong - not least for the Hardcore Server.

While I will miss these I completely understand why they are being removed - as was actually said they would be eventually back when airships got their large makeover.
    It should be replace with a hold amenity with the level gate scaling. If this is being done because of hardcore then this totally lame. SSG is proving to me that cancelling vip was a solid move.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mr420247 View Post
    Too strong for you so don't use them

New players need all the help they can get just to not get 1 shot every single reaper fight

And with the drac soul gem all you lose is sonic so not seeing the point at all of this nerf

I agree. I don't use them but rarely on my main. Even when we ran KOtB at lvl2 on R3. We didn't even have our OP trees that nobody wanted blah blah(some crying forum stuff)

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    +30 to all 5 resists from level 1 is far too strong
    Bank/AH/Mail/Tavern/Farshifter is not too strong, and they're removing that, which upsets me a lot more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

My biggest beef with this is removing the QoL amenities like the tavern, mailbox, and auction house. Now if you want those you're going to have to pay the shards for the hold rooms. The XP shrine too, to get a 5% XP Shrine of Experience hold room will now cost 1510 shards.
    Per Cocomajobo - Ranged has easy access to AOE - apparently 3 feats, BAB 11 and Dex 19 is considered easy access these days. post here

Dedicated Teams: be part of a larger community.
    You never hear anyone say: "Yeah, but it's a dry cold."
    Adventurers never forget. Adventurers still hate Coyle!

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Xgemina View Post
    My biggest beef with this is removing the QoL amenities like the tavern, mailbox, and auction house.
    To my knowledge these are still available. I'll try to get the Lamannia Notes clarified to reduce confusion.
    Last edited by Lynnabel; 01-14-2020 at 07:26 PM.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    To my knowledge these are still available. I'll try to get the Lamannia Notes clarified to reduce confusion.
    I hope so (that the Mailbox, Tavern, Bank and Auction House are not being removed). These 4 (plus the transport people, planescaller for Amrath and the Illithid for eveerywhere else) were the only things I really used in the cargo hold, and if you don't have the largest guild ship, it really hurts sacrificing actual guild buffs in order to place those (which are 2-3 separate amenities)

*crosses fingers*

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Question....will the amenities we have active in the cargo hold still be active until the timers run out?

Also...if we have un used amenity certificates...will we still be able to apply them after the update?
    Last edited by Loromir; 01-14-2020 at 07:34 PM.
    Leader of Legion of Eberron on Cannith.

Characters: Loromir & Baldomir....among others.

1500 as for a xp shrine is bs ***
    Damonz Cannith

2016 DDO Players Council
    Hierophant of Vol
    Truthspeaker of Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeDatRogue View Post
    What gives?

If he no longer sells guild airship buffs or transport NPC's (that used to be a fun prank at people not paying attention, and then bing they are in Amrath), so then what.

So are these being phased out completely? how, what, where, why? Being replaced with anything?

Our small guild has the Kraken already, but that cargo hold is going to look woefully empty come this nerf (i still wanna peek in those boxes >.>).
    What gives is that certain intelligent and generous players formed guilds on the Hardcore Server and were very quickly able to gain the benefits.

It is now a stated development goal to balance the game for the Hardcore League. (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Combat-Changes)

As we approach each Hardcore season, one of our goals is to make changes that change how you build and play characters - We want to shake up builds and strategies, and it makes sense to align these game-wide changes with the release of new seasons of the Hardcore League.
    Enjoy your new playstyle!
    Griglok (main)- Cleric (TRing), Duelcore- Wiz 18/FvS 2, Embezzler- Rogue, Fiergen- Ftr 8/Rgr 6/Mnk 6, Greyhead- monk, Havegun- Ftr 2/Pal 18, Jayberwocky- Ftr 8/Mnk 12, Laciolux- Clr 16/FvS 4, Prototech- Artificer, Rendorc- Barbarian, Seasharp- Bard
    Leader- The Casual Obsession ___Khyber___

Community Member

If they want to balance the game for hardcore maybe they should instead of allowing dungeons to be played 6 levels over. 2 levels under normal with a heal amp nerf.

Community Member

What happened to "we're not gunna take away the Cargo Hold buffs."?

If the goal is truly to design around Hardcore (and I sincerely hope that it's not, unless you plan to allow Premiums to play HC next Season), why can't you simply disable to Cargo Hold NPC to prevent these there, and leave live alone?

This is one of those things that I feel is like a chore - I have to replenish these buffs monthly. In epics, they are almost completely replaced by Draconic Soul Gem augment, so this really only impacts Heroic play. I usually don't even bother getting these buffs. That said, I don't like having stuff taken away. Especially after it's been around for SO long.

I politely urge you to reconsider. These types of changes make people less inclined to log in, not more.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnarth View Post
    If they want to balance the game for hardcore maybe they should instead of allowing dungeons to be played 6 levels over. 2 levels under normal with a heal amp nerf.
    or they should remove guilds on hardcore. don't penalize us live players who don't have large guilds.
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Quote Originally Posted by Xgemina View Post
    My biggest beef with this is removing the QoL amenities like the tavern, mailbox, and auction house. Now if you want those you're going to have to pay the shards for the hold rooms. The XP shrine too, to get a 5% XP Shrine of Experience hold room will now cost 1510 shards.
    if you have a guild ship big enough to hold all the buffs. small guilds will be at a larger disadvantage. pay to win...
    Member of "Guild of the Black Dragons" & "Swords of the Light" on Sarlona. Proud "Last" member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy.
    Kilthar-Tharr-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Tharissa-Robothar-Minithar-Miriella-Tharnessa-Tharisa

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dnarth View Post
    Question is "Will there be a hold amenity to replace this?"

If not the pitchforks come out. I seem to remember what dev said they wanted to do something about the legacy buffs. Without a replacement it would seem this was done with malice.
    NO, the amenities are the replacement, these were never supposed to stay.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thar View Post
    or they should remove guilds on hardcore. don't penalize us live players who don't have large guilds.
    Absolutely. The GTFO/ Git Gud Crew has ships at different levels all over. We are deciding right now whether to just uninstall or uninstall and burn down the house like a inquiz.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast