Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by apocaladle View Post
    it's "magic" :P
    But..the glass...it's EVERYWHERE!! There's a piece in MY EYE!!!!!!!
    Ghallanda (35): Vilas, Alphon, Whelm, Thaylan, Tyclmi, Amgine, Talc, Dedlee, Payle, Darell, Talenta, Zhen, Thrane, Arrith, Durdyn, Magefyre, Necrophil, Tulgey, Borogove, Hasugi, Shawal, Hailestorm, Branthan, Lightningbug, Bettercall, Elecktric, Zardu, Zergworthy, BrotherOf, Missadventer, Bytemy, Demogeorgia, Tizen, Warrcore, Permadeaf

Agree with most others that either the clickies on epic-tier items get upgraded to correspond to their level, or just remove them and allocate their approximate power. I also agree that these upgrades dont exactly hold up very well against other items which are only 2 levels away. Just look at epic linen wraps, 12 str, 6 poison proof, fear immunity, and -1 dex for a level 27 item. Something I could maybe see at level 23/24, but not 27. The curse effect is a long-forgotten artifact of the past, it shouldn't be on any items let alone named items.
    Argonesson: Taliimara

Quote Originally Posted by Fauxknight View Post
    Is that the Standard Issue Faceplate and Watch Captains Plate? Cause mine are turd brown instead of silver, my Ironheart is silver, but I don't have a helm to match it, just the turd brown one.
    Nope. Armor is from other set. Was checking appearance cuz Gate is terrible. Helm from the other hand is from that set but it's raid version .
    >>Officer of the Polish Guild: GildiaDDOpl<<>>Cannith<<
    Isioviel Jr'eness - the Completionist
    Finghin Al'Roeg 4rd life Warlock .......Seljuck 5th life 14ftr/5art/1wiz
    If you like my posts, consider adding to my reputation. Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Where did you get that? Its magnificent!
    Dojo old loot guy, probably U39 if I remember correctly.
    >>Officer of the Polish Guild: GildiaDDOpl<<>>Cannith<<
    Isioviel Jr'eness - the Completionist
    Finghin Al'Roeg 4rd life Warlock .......Seljuck 5th life 14ftr/5art/1wiz
    If you like my posts, consider adding to my reputation. Thank You.

Some notes on the loot:

1. The epic morningstar doesn't have increased damage dice, it just does 1d8 damage with no W multiplier.
    2. The lower-level incite goggles are 100% in every way better than the helm with the Fear clickie on it. (Headsman's Hood?) That helm is hot garbage. Fear clickie is 100% completely useless.
    3. Most of the clickies are garbage. Seriously, 5 minute clickies on level 20+ gear? And SEARING LIGHT as a clickie on an epic item?
    4. Was disappointed that the epic items look exactly like the heroic items, i.e. old and boring. Especially bad in the case of the Boneshard Flute, which looks like a baseball bat, not a flute.
    5. Almost all of the Delera's items are mediocre and don't compete favorably with the lower-level WPM pack items, while the Catacombs items are mostly either good slot consolidation or overall pretty good items.

It is REALLY hard to tell where the heck these items are supposed to drop, particularly with Catacombs, where none of the quests have an obvious "end chest" except maybe Crypt of Gerard Dryden.

Quote Originally Posted by Sythe777 View Post
    Agree with most others that either the clickies on epic-tier items get upgraded to correspond to their level, or just remove them and allocate their approximate power. I also agree that these upgrades dont exactly hold up very well against other items which are only 2 levels away. Just look at epic linen wraps, 12 str, 6 poison proof, fear immunity, and -1 dex for a level 27 item. Something I could maybe see at level 23/24, but not 27. The curse effect is a long-forgotten artifact of the past, it shouldn't be on any items let alone named items.
    I don't mind them keeping the curse effect for flavor as long as it's not treated as one of the effects slots of the item. They could add an extra +1 to whatever is supposed to be the key stat on the item to make it more interesting.

Some of the epic items' clickies could do with being changed - if you want to keep a similar flavour but not make them overpowered, why not give them a couple of the abilities from divine-based enhancement trees or even epic destinies (thus also acting as a fun little preview of what they can do for those who have the starter pack but not destinies yet) but just make sure the caster level isn't too high & make them exclusive, so you're much more limited in their use?

eg:
    epic pillar of light, 1/rest use of divine wrath, CL20
    epic wooden prayer beads, 1/rest use of reactive heal
    epic headsman's hood, instead of regular low level fear spell, use paralysing fear type effect from draconic roar with a high DC
    I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was, now what's it is weird and scary to me.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    My reaction to all of the Epic Deleras loot is “Neat, that’s kind of interes... wait, ML 27? Nah. I’ll just keep wearing my Heroic Sharn gear until 29. I’m not going to the bank to get gear for 2 levels when it’s only barely better than my ML 15 gear.
    +1. I actually made an ML21 gearset with the ML15 Sharn melee set and KotB and CC gear, so it's even less desirable. I agree that dropping the ML to 23 would help a lot. I have another idea, which is to bring up the values to near ML28/29 gear levels. Some of these items would be interesting filler for legendary gearsets, but they need boosted values to compete. Seeker 12 on the ML27 boots when I can get Seeker 21 at ML29 is underwhelming. Make them Bluff +20, Seeker 17, Deception 14 (roughly Slavers values) and I'm going to stand up and take notice. Lace Blindfold, change it to Accuracy 28 , Deadly 14. Hello goggles!

Slavers is only one level away (ML28 vs ML27), and it crushes this gear as currently planned. It is not intuitive to me that crafted items should be so much better than brand new named items that are only one level below.

EDIT: I just realized that the values were locked into ML27 Cannith Crafting values. The problem is that CC starts to fall off a cliff compared to named items around this time. Is anyone crafting ML27 items? I would suggest that the gear should be re-baselined with ML28 Slavers values if the goal is to create gear that is desirable.
    Last edited by 0ldschool; 01-15-2020 at 03:41 AM.
    Zanthiss - L30 Mechanic - Cannith: Hand of Death
    Zamsil - L30 TWF VKF assassin

I've got a Dungeon Master's Guide... I've got 12 sided die...

The level 3 necklace is nice and so is the Robe of Duality. I will get and use that.

The rest I dont see myself using though. Nothing unique or even interesting and too much work reworking full sets for a tiny bonus if any.

In particular the epic level armors collide with much better Sharn sets.

Hopefully the xp is good or these quests wont see much epic level action I fear.
    Danskerne
    A Danish Guild on Ghallanda. Send PM if interested.
    Leading Raids Thursdays from 20 CET and Sundays from 21 CET.

Do the guard effects even work?

I am a bit sad for all the epic delera's items because they get imidiatelly outclassed at level 28 by anything. +12 versus +17 is a terrible comparison. Better to make them level 23 and reduce their power to +11s or even better make everything level 20-21 minimum level. Nobody switches gear between levels 21-28ish anyway
    Social Justice W...arlock (5e toon)
    OkarisRage, Artificer with 3 druid past lives = <3

Only the greataxe is worth stopping by the bank while leveling for me, and because it inherits the extended crit profile as well as the extra W from keen. The other items are not something i would actively look for. Epic borderlands hands out everyone fairly decent starter epic weapons, and most of these are not looking to be much ahead.

Epic Serpentbranch (heh surprise it is a bow after all ), looks like it is awful by protocol, 2 extra weak defense stats, and poison damage that is not working on most of the recent content :P, including the content it is coming from. Ideally, it kept the 2 augment slots and the elevated W damage as a nod to the original item. The event bow of the same poison dmg theme is outperforming it 2 levels lower.

Bow:

4.25W[1d8]
    2 Augment slots: Green, Orange
    * 6d6 onhit Poison damage
    * 13d6 oncrit Poison damage
    * 20% poison vulnerability
    * Wounding 3

Still quite close to vendor trash but not nearly as much

There is a trend to put the same d6s on weapons with wiiiildly different rate of fire and on crit effects with wildly different critical chance... that might worth a design note or two :P.

an actually desirable Bow would look like this along the theme

4W[2d4]
    GREEN
    ORANGE
    * Combined effect: Poison dot stacks + Poison vulnerability stacks + Slow effect if fails a fort or will save.
    * On Vorpal: Chance to cast a IML=CL=>*2=>DC Cloudkill on target.
    * Con drain 4
    * Wisdom drain 4

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Please make all of the Deleras items ML 28. That way when I throw them into my sentient item for food, they’re worth more. Because right now that’s all they’re good for aside from possibly Carnifex. And even Carnifex is not that exciting compared to the Drow weapons from MOTU.

At ML 27, you’re only using these for 2 levels. That’s 2 hours for me and I don’t level fast. If you’re going to actually go to the bank to pick them up on any particular life, it needs to be worth the trip to the bank.

if the Delera items were ML 23 with the same stats, at least they might be worth using a couple as replacements for some of the Sharn heroic gear that a lot of us wear from 15-28.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Default Thinking about the Heroic Items

I have been thinking about the heroic items from the Catacombs and trying to put my finger on why I don't feel these are very compelling or interesting. This morning it hit me. These items are still remnants of a by-gone loot system that hasn't existed in years. Back when Armor and Weapons were on the even levels and clothing and jewelry were on the odd and random generated items only had 1 effect.

The weapons and armor are Min Level 2, Power Level 3 items, while the clothing and jewelry are Min Level 3, Power Level 3 items. I see it as a problem these items have two low a Power Level, I believe they should all be a minimum of Power Level 4, whether they are min level 4 or 3 for usage doesn't really matter. My characters will be level 4 when I run the Catacombs, not 2. I want something I will be able to use upon completion. You can make an argument for minimum Power Level 5 and if you stretch it minimum Power Level 6, throw in the Random Loot in the chest will be Level 5 loot table as we run the content on Elite. While I would be happy with 4, 5 is where I truly think this loot belongs.
    There is already a lot of under performing named items in the no min level to level 3 range.

I would argue these items are not as good as the Cannith Crafted Items I am using today. Nor even as good as the random loot generated that many players will be using in hardcore.

Morningstar of the Heretic (No Change from live?)
    • +2 Enhancement
    • Bodyfeeder
    • Doom Clickie
    • Red Augment Slot

Current Level 2 Cannith Crafted Morningstar
    • +1 Enhancement
    • Elemental Effect (Fire) +1d6 Damage
    • Bane (unnatural) +1d10 Damage
    • Red Augment Slot (Fire)

Morningstar of the Heretic (Power Level 5, Min Level 4)
    • +3 Enhancment
    • Fire +2d6 Damage
    • Unnatural Bane +2d10 Damage
    • Bodyfeeder
    • Doom Clickie (The bonus functionality for a named item)
    • Red Augment Slot.

I could go throw all of the items, but in general that is how I feel.

The Twilight Avengers are always recruiting - http://twilightavengersofeberron.yuku.com/topic/655

I'm excited for epic Catacombs and Delera's dungeons, however the loot is largely a snoozfest. The Sharn Syndicate loot overhaul saw some examples of cool lowbie items like Kwan's Band, Bellow's Ring and Runic Trinket. This is the model that should be followed. As for epic items, remember when Gianthold went epic? We went bonkers over that loot. Or when Three Barrel Cove went epic, items like Orcish Privateer's Boots and Iron Mitts were great for their time, and still aren't bad! This loot does not generate excitement.

For example:
    Kwan's Band from Sharn Syndicate (level 2 ring): Wisdom +3, Wizardry 60, Concentration +6 (I like and use this item)
    Compare to
    Ring of the Archbishop from updated Catacombs (level 3 ring): Wizardry 41, Heal +5, colorless slot (this item only succeeds in irritating me)

Golden Cartouche is changed from a unique and interesting UMD item to a standard cannith crafted intelligence item. Very sad.
    Linen Handwraps is another example of something that's nothing more than standard cannith crafted, actually worse.
    Boneshard Flute was kind of special before because it had 2 slots. Now just 1 slot. Lame.
    Boots of Faith - make them a little interesting by adding striding 15%. Will be a nice lowbie item for folks without a quiver of alacrity.
    Cloak of Asylum (will +2, MRR +5, slot)- again worse than cannith crafting, which at level 3 can produce resistance +2 (to all saves) and Sheltering +5 (PRR and MRR)

All level 27 epic loot needs better stats or preferably lower ML or both.
    Epic Silver Flame Bracers needs more than 5 minutes on the Protection from Evil charges. Should be 20 minute charges.
    Epic Skeleton Key is level 27 but stats are only 1 higher than level 21 Magnifying Lens.

Lesser and Improved Heroism needs to be Heroism and Greater Heroism.

Lose all the silly curses.

The stained glass shield is beautiful. I love it!
    Last edited by Nachomammashouse; 01-15-2020 at 10:22 AM.

Looking at the Heroic stuff, I'm wondering why some of it is worse than the current version.

Current dagger of inquisition: +2 Ghost Touch, Lesser Undead Bane, Silver, Red Slot
    "Upgrade": +2 Ghostbane1, Silver, Red Slot

While Ghostbane might seem mildly better than ghost touch + undead bane...it really isn't. What incorporeal non-undead does one face at low levels? I can't think of any offhand. I'd rather have the extra +1 to hit vs undead from Undead Bane which also works on zombies, ghouls, skeletons (all very common)...instead of just some bonus damage vs wraiths and specters (not common at all).

The other anti-undead weapons have the same issue. I suppose you could say that flavor-wise these are anti-Margueritte weapons, but you aren't even supposed to fight her!
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    Looking at the Heroic stuff, I'm wondering why some of it is worse than the current version.

Current dagger of inquisition: +2 Ghost Touch, Lesser Undead Bane, Silver, Red Slot
    "Upgrade": +2 Ghostbane1, Silver, Red Slot

While Ghostbane might seem mildly better than ghost touch + undead bane...it really isn't. What incorporeal non-undead does one face at low levels? I can't think of any offhand. I'd rather have the extra +1 to hit vs undead from Undead Bane which also works on zombies, ghouls, skeletons (all very common)...instead of just some bonus damage vs wraiths and specters (not common at all).

The other anti-undead weapons have the same issue. I suppose you could say that flavor-wise these are anti-Margueritte weapons, but you aren't even supposed to fight her!
    I was noticing the same thing, but where it really caught my eye was with Serpentbranch. Completely dropping the second augment slot which allowed me to make it viable for more than a few levels before it's just taking up bank space.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    VoM didn't get changed with this pass (and is still found 100% of the time when talking to Delera on the appropriate step of the quest chain), and the Epic VoM is The Master's Gift. We didn't plan on making a new Epic VoM with this pass.
    Respectfully, I think this is a huge missed opportunity. I would argue that the Voice of the Master is the most iconic item in the game. When I saw Delera's was revamped, I immediately thought: What is the epic VotM?

Would it be so crazy to add The Master's Gift to the end reward of epic Delera's? If epic Threnal ever became a thing (/shudder), you could offer The Master's Gift there too.
    Kobeyashi | Ying

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    What incorporeal non-undead does one face at low levels?
    Depending what you mean by "low level", Reapers

I never factor in Reaper for anything.
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.

Community Member

Default Heroic Catacombs gear updates

Some few of the heroic items are notably better than their old versions. But overall, I can't imagine why anyone would ever loot most of them. The stat and skill bonuses (for example) are identical to what crafted or RNG loot would provide and typically provide the same number of bonuses (2) as well. Where's the benefit in buying the pack and farming named loot? ML7 stuff with +5 stat and +9 skill bonuses, even when you ignore that a few come with Curses, are seriously underwhelming.

Similarly, weapons where the old Ghost Touch + Lesser Undead Bane got swapped for Ghostbane 1 have lost overall functionality (and their identity: Why would the 'Blade of Inquisition' focus on incorporeals, rather than undead in general?). I get that this makes them more effective against Reapers, but have we added Lore to the effect that the Silver Flame also stands against Reapers? Even if so, why the loss of value vs undead? If they were being passed out in Necro 2 (where most mobs are incorporeal), this might make sense. But Catacombs isn't exactly rife with Wraiths. Ghostbane 1 + Undead Bane 1, maybe? Frankly, in that event, you could lose the augment slot. They're pretty useless at low levels anyway (except for the Ruby of Ghostbane, which is clearly not necessary for these).
    Server: Argonnessen
    Guild: Stranger Than Fiction
    Main: Visik

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast