Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Epic Boneshard Flute: Command Undead -> Control Undead, 3 charges
    Epic Wooden Prayer Beads: Bless -> Protection from Elements, Mass, 3 charges
    Epic Silver Flame Bracer: Protection from Evil -> Restoration, 3 charges
    Epic Headsman's Hood: Fear -> Blood Rage (from Epic Locus of Vol)

I've also done a pass over the AC/Max Dex for the epic versions to make sure they're at appropriate values (and made sure we had light/med/heavy instead of light/light/heavy). Thanks for the feedback so far!
    Thank you very much.

Any word on swapping Superior Undeadguard on the armors to Weaken Undead? Please.

What about changing the epic appearances of the catacombs armors to the Silver Flame style?
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

Such as? This is an easy fix if you can get me the names. Assuming it's not the level-split ones, in which case blegh I can try but I'm 95% less confident.
    The level split ones like Ivy Wraps and Thunder and Lightning are the ones I've seen recently.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffWatson View Post
    The level split ones like Ivy Wraps and Thunder and Lightning are the ones I've seen recently.
    Thaarak wraps are still 1d6 as well they should be 1.5 but haven't been relevant since they released nightmares into the wild and had to nerf every instance of it to only work on vorpal.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Kielbasa View Post
    Thaarak wraps are still 1d6 as well they should be 1.5 but haven't been relevant since they released nightmares into the wild and had to nerf every instance of it to only work on vorpal.
    Funnily enough I think the fix for this was on Lamannia - I'll check again tomorrow morning just to be sure :)
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Community Member

nvm.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 01-23-2020 at 01:54 AM.

If we are fixing the weapon die/dice of named items, how about the stuff from Attack on Stormreach? These are all L10-12 weapons that only do 1[W] of damage but should do at least 1.5[W] (and preferably 2[W] once upgraded):

Gnollish War Bow/Bloody War Bow/Destructive War Bow/Infectious War Bow/Petrifying War Bow
    Bloody Cleaver/Crippling Cleaver/Maiming Cleaver/Vengeful Cleaver/Vampiric Cleaver
    Rocksplitter/Crippling Rocksplitter/Maiming Rocksplitter/Vengeful Rocksplitter/Vampiric Rocksplitter
    Staff of the Shadow/Infectious Shadow Staff/Bloody Shadow Staff/Destructive Shadow Staff/Petrifying Shadow Staff
    Stonedust Handwraps/Crippling Stonedust Wraps/Maiming Stonedust Wraps/Vengeful Stonedust Wraps/Vampiric Stonedust Wraps
    Hooked Blade/Bloody Hooked Blade/Destructive Hooked Blade/Infectious Hooked Blade/Petrifying Hooked Blade
    Blade of Fury/Crippling Fury Blade/Maiming Fury Blade/Vengeful Fury Blade/Vampiric Fury Blade
    Crippling Fury Shortsword/Maiming Fury Shortsword/Vengeful Fury Shortsword/Vampiric Fury Shortsword

Also, if you are able to fix these, please make it so we don't have to go back and re-aquire them, some of these are a pain to get due to needing the exact pair of non-upgraded weapons and the specific mark to make whatever upgraded weapon is desired. Seems like the Bloody Cleaver and Rocksplitter are the only two that I ever see anymore.
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sythe777 View Post
    I ordered these by level in each category

Heroic: https://imgur.com/a/yMFa6Gq

Epic: https://imgur.com/a/YdyMMfN
    Thx for that.

How come I find +3 Luck to be spot on but Improved Heroism to missing a point or two for level 27?
    (Seriously, seems so odd. They both give a +3 boni.

Edit:
    Over all I like the Epic items very much.
    Seems that some items have one property which is not scaling properly?
    Like Proof against poison only +6 or Deadly only +10
    Last edited by LightBear; 01-23-2020 at 09:45 AM.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    If we are fixing the weapon die/dice of named items, how about the stuff from Attack on Stormreach? These are all L10-12 weapons that only do 1[W] of damage but should do at least 1.5[W] (and preferably 2[W] once upgraded):
    Hmmm, I'm 85% sure our standard is 1W until 14, then 1.5 from 15+ (and then 2w and 3w etc etc going to 30). If it turns out they're below par it's an easy fix, though. I'll take a look.

I've also restructured the epic Morningstar:

ML23, 3[1d8]

Unholy Blight (3 charges, recharge 3/day)
    Improved Destruction
    Maiming
    Bleeding

Cooler? Less cool? Lemme know what you all think :)

Community Member

Default Can you do a pass on spell power itemization by level?

Melee and ranged for get items like this, which add 2% to base damage:

Casters get items like this, which adds 77%, 104%, and 109% to base damage:

The net result is that a caster in heroics/low epics will AoE 1 shot things like this:

(even more damage on a pure sorc with mass hold/delayed blast fireball)

while a melee or range claws more or less ineffectively at a mob especially in reaper. Can you fix this?

Hmmm, I'm 85% sure our standard is 1W until 14, then 1.5 from 15+ (and then 2w and 3w etc etc going to 30). If it turns out they're below par it's an easy fix, though.
    Melee/ranged weapons 1-28 are miles below par. It is an easy fix, though. Adjust spell power totals from gear to match. 100 from all sources till 14, then 150 , then 200, 300 etc etc going to 30.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 01-23-2020 at 10:34 PM.

Community Member

Hmmm, I'm 85% sure our standard is 1W until 14, then 1.5 from 15+ (and then 2w and 3w etc etc going to 30). If it turns out they're below par it's an easy fix, though. I'll take a look.

I've also restructured the epic Morningstar:

ML23, 3[1d8]

Unholy Blight (3 charges, recharge 3/day)
    Improved Destruction
    Maiming
    Bleeding

Cooler? Less cool? Lemme know what you all think
    So... I had some wild ideas about it...
    How much work is it to make a lesser version of LGS temporary HP? Perhaps 500 instead of 1000, on shared cooldown.
    And as a weapon of a heteric, can it bestow Intercession? What was the effect... Improved Quelling Strikes?
    Too much?

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    So... I had some wild ideas about it...
    How much work is it to make a lesser version of LGS temporary HP? Perhaps 500 instead of 1000, on shared cooldown.
    And as a weapon of a heteric, can it bestow Intercession? What was the effect... Improved Quelling Strikes?
    Too much?
    Good idea on the Intercession strikes. I'll do that instead of Improved Destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Thank you very much.

Any word on swapping Superior Undeadguard on the armors to Weaken Undead? Please.

What about changing the epic appearances of the catacombs armors to the Silver Flame style?
    Were these suggestions impossible? Or too much work?
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

nice job with clickies Lynnabel

For Epic Master’s Gift: Why not make it like the halloween candies in which you ‘consume’ (activate it) for a burst of stacking xp boost; in this case, something like: “for 6 minutes 6% sacred xp boost, 90 minute cooldown” ML 21
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (eventually 17)
    wounded and burnt from many mistakes and still stumbling!

Thanks, here is the wiki link which matches with current random loot in game:

Weapon dice multiplier

Randomly generated weapons

With Update 29, randomly generated weapons gain additional [W] depending on their minimum level:

Min Level 10 = 1.5[W]
    Min Level 20 = 2.0[W]
    Min Level 24 = 3.0[W]
    Min Level 28 = 4.0[W]

But since even the upgraded (L12) versions of these weapons are behind the power curve of current named items (Ravenloft and later, Orchard, etc.) I was hoping they could be made 2.0[W].
    Last edited by Fedora1; 01-23-2020 at 03:44 PM.

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.

Hey Lynnabel, was it still the intention to put the proc deception back on the Phiarlan Spy Dagger? It was replaced with one of the enhancement bonuses to hit and damage during the Carnival chain loot revamp. Would it be possible to get this done for update 45?

*Insert "devs don't play their own game" meme here*

Well the bad news is it turns out I've been reading the wiki page histories wrong this entire time :P Good news is I don't mind swapping it back. This was a pretty clear oversight on my part. Just like with Midnight Greetings, the intention was to keep proc deception with proc and replace scaling with scaling. There are like 6 different types of Deception at this point and it's really hard to juggle which goes where :P

Community Member

I'm curious how weapons that fall outside these rules are handled. The ones that come to mind are Barovian weapons (ML 10 1.5W), Greensteel weapons (ML 12 1.5W), and Alchemical weapons (which can have ML 12 with 2W).
    Contrasting to Barovian Weapons, the Syranian weapons from Sharn have weapon dice that make much more sense with 1.5W at ML 15.

Outliers in the other direction would be Mournlode weapons from the Cannith challenges which have 1W at ML 12 and 16.
    Last edited by Konon; 01-24-2020 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Konon View Post
    I'm curious how weapons that fall outside these rules are handled.
    Don't worry, she rolled an 86 on a d100 and missed her 85% chance of being right.

I responded to her with this:

Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    Thanks, here is the wiki link which matches with current random loot in game:

Weapon dice multiplier

Randomly generated weapons

With Update 29, randomly generated weapons gain additional [W] depending on their minimum level:

Min Level 10 = 1.5[W]
    Min Level 20 = 2.0[W]
    Min Level 24 = 3.0[W]
    Min Level 28 = 4.0[W]

But since even the upgraded (L12) versions of these weapons are behind the power curve of current named items (Ravenloft and later, Orchard, etc.) I was hoping they could be made 2.0[W].

Community Member

Hey, Lynn, thanks for the changes, feedback, and listening to us.

Two quick ones. Did you get a chance to look at a few of us who would prefer the Serpentbranch bow from Delera's could keep the two slots instead of more poison damage? It really is a fun item for off-builds to have those two options on a bow. (I mean really, really fun! :-) )

Eternal Wand of Cure Minor Wounds- Look, I get it. When an item is pretty much perfect it is hard to upgrade. However, since so much else is getting a pass, it needs something, right? Now I bet your next thought is that I should offer suggestions. How about maybe up the Devotion bonus from 36 to 50? Or let it cure 1-3 hp per swish instead of the (sometimes 1-2) ? Or maybe reduce the UMD to 5 from 15 so more classes can use it. Especially Bards, they get cure spells in their spell list just like Clerics and Druids and getting UMD up to 15 is so hard for Bards. :-) ;-)

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Sho-sa View Post
    Hey, Lynn, thanks for the changes, feedback, and listening to us.

Two quick ones. Did you get a chance to look at a few of us who would prefer the Serpentbranch bow from Delera's could keep the two slots instead of more poison damage? It really is a fun item for off-builds to have those two options on a bow. (I mean really, really fun! :-) )

Eternal Wand of Cure Minor Wounds- Look, I get it. When an item is pretty much perfect it is hard to upgrade. However, since so much else is getting a pass, it needs something, right? Now I bet your next thought is that I should offer suggestions. How about maybe up the Devotion bonus from 36 to 50? Or let it cure 1-3 hp per swish instead of the (sometimes 1-2) ? Or maybe reduce the UMD to 5 from 15 so more classes can use it. Especially Bards, they get cure spells in their spell list just like Clerics and Druids and getting UMD up to 15 is so hard for Bards. :-) ;-)
    I can swing the second aug on Serpentbranch no problem. Red + Purple? Orange + Purple? I'm going with Purple + Orange unless people tell me otherwise.

The old paragon W effect was added on +6 enhancement bonus (level 14 normally as i recall), and took an actual visible effect slot.
    Last edited by janave; 01-24-2020 at 03:58 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast