Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mauriciodg View Post
    It wouldnt need to be Gary's and Dave's voices... we have a lot of different dms voices in ddo... think of Stormreaver as an Enraged Voice of the Master trinket, or Yaulthoon as Mesmerizing Voice of the Master... there are so many options...
    I'm not sure substitutes would be acceptable.
    Not even Chris Perkins.
    Wait a minute...
    Maybe, just maybe Matt Mercer.
    When only a LEGENDARY DM will do.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    We've historically gotten much more useful feedback from people who have logged into Lamannia and tried out the items than any of the theorycrafting here. We don't mind if that results in less overall feedback if the feedback we get from people actually using the items remains strong.
    There would have to be something interesting enough to want to test first

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post
    Unless you can raise dead IRL, you're gonna have a hard time recording those voices...
    Nah dude there is an entire culture around D&D now, even got celebrities into doing it. Look over at Critical Roll or Let's Play. Plenty of voice actors that would be crazy happy to do the MMO version of Iconic Dungeons and Dragons.

Default Epic Eternal Rest

the base damage is at 9.98 at level 23 this is way to low.
    maybe at level 10. to be honest i have a collection of hand wraps spanning from when the monk class came out till now.
    looking at the base damages for them it is all very confusing

One of the things I really really don't like in a dungeon is suddenly having a second DM chime in because some aspect of the quest got tweaked after the initial voiceover was done.

It would be particularly bad for Delera's and Threnal.
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

Expected with the release of Update 45 are updated versions of both The Catacombs and Delera's Tomb. This updates will include a revamp of the Heroic Named Loot for both packs as well as entirely new Named Loot for the Epic versions of those quests. In recent years we have listed full layouts of all named loot pieces in preview threads but have decided to not do that for this preview in order to incentive players to do less forums based theorycrafting feedback and more time spent actually in Lamannia playing around with the new items.

All of the new items can be found in Lamannia sold by "The Loot Guy" in the center of the Test Dojo.
    Lmao you all just get lazier and lazier eatch day huh

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rog View Post
    maybe at level 10. to be honest i have a collection of hand wraps spanning from when the monk class came out till now.
    looking at the base damages for them it is all very confusing
    Many of the named handwraps do just 1W damage, even epic levels. They should have been fixed when they nerfed unarmed Monk damage.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Because I have given feedback to SSG about things I don’t like, I thought it was worth mentioning that I really don’t care about this loot. I think both the Deleras and the Catacombs epic loot isn’t worth having on any characters except maybe for the healing amp + devotion item for some characters to swap in for self healing between combats. But that’s okay. Not all loot has to be good.

Some of this will be used until a player gets better gear if they have no real gear. A little might end up being used by one character or another who has an empty slot and this gear might fit a need and happen to line up with that slot. Or it might all be sentient fodder. And that’s okay.

You don’t need to go through any Shard Scroll Seal nonsense to get these. They just show up and you feed them to your gem. That’s fine.

Not all loot needs to be good. If every chain had a bunch of loot that was better than the existing loot, we would have big problems after a while. Sharn loot and Ravenloft loot are the highest power level that I think any loot in ddo should be.

edit - Carnifex is a big enough name that it should actually be useable, though. Please either lower the ML significantly (21 or 23) or increase its numbers (the plus on it and the base damage - obviously the crit profile doesn’t need to improve).
    Last edited by HungarianRhapsody; 01-18-2020 at 08:44 PM.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

I was hoping the heroic weapons from the catacombs would have been more on par with what we got out of sharn syndicate. You could easily give them 1d6 light or holy damage, 1d10 vs incorporeal, and silver. They would be worth hanging onto for tring but not good enough to compete with the sharn syndicate stuff again non-undead enemies.

If you want me to just cannith craft my own low level undead beaters that's find too but in their current state I'll just feed them to a sentient gem. The most interesting thing that stood out was the (epic)pillar of light.

All the delara's stuff needs an extreme makeover.

The biggest issue with the heroic delera's gear is that it is competing with the heroic while plume mountain gear. I'm not asking for stuff as good as that but at least hit me a single in the same ball park.

For example devotion could be holy2, devotion and impact without being insane for its level. It gives level appropriate effects and consolidates things a bit.

You could give serpentbranch vorpal and people would probably still not use it. Around that level you have classic silver longbow, shadowstrike, and sapphire sting for damage. Basically cheap shot from the anniversary party is the best version of serpentbranch we could expect you to make since that is already done I would go a different route. Looking at poison effects in the game wiki you could go the easy route and just add paralyzing or you could get creative and add Pseudodragon Venom or whatever it is that drow use in "in the belly of the beast" to occasionally paralyze the worms.

If the plan is to just redo a little scaling of the heroic delaras gear outside of carnifex and voice of the master it will be a bust and you might as well spend the development time elsewhere.

The instances where you have 3 effects and a clickie won't work. Just remake the epic version to be thematically similar to the heroic version but do not try to 1-1 it.

The level 27 weapons should all be level 24. The bow, wraps, and even carnifex just don't really translate well from heroic into epic if you try to keep them too similar to their heroic counterparts. Epic devotion becomes utterly outclassed by epic eternal rest for example.

On my 2020 wish list please:

I would love to see Thunderforged weapon resurrected and changed in the near future to be lv22-26 (t0-1 at lv22,t2 lv24, t3 26) with a completed item scaling enhancement and W to greensteel levels.

Bump all of the ToEE stuff down to level 24 (crafted and named) and you now have a very interesting variety of epic leveling gear. At its current lv26 most of this stuff does not get used very often anymore. You could breathe new life into the entire classic module by doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Noircere View Post

• No new Voice of the Master? It seems odd for the signature item to be absent from the preview.
    They always seem to miss / blow a chance to make something everyone wants to see. That one iconic weapon or item when they epify old content that would be really cool and useful. I would have loved to see an Epic Unwavering Ardency from back when they made the Orchard quests epic. It is frustrating when they leave things off.
    Sarlona Server - High Lords of Malkier :
    Kluege Fixer - Superkluege

Systems Designer

Hi all! I definitely hear you about level 27 being an awkward level for epic gear. In preview 2 you'll see the epic Delera's stuff at level 25 - better?

Quote Originally Posted by barecm View Post
    They always seem to miss / blow a chance to make something everyone wants to see. That one iconic weapon or item when they epify old content that would be really cool and useful. I would have loved to see an Epic Unwavering Ardency from back when they made the Orchard quests epic. It is frustrating when they leave things off.
    This is completely unhelpful feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffWatson View Post
    Many of the named handwraps do just 1W damage, even epic levels. They should have been fixed when they nerfed unarmed Monk damage.
    Such as? This is an easy fix if you can get me the names. Assuming it's not the level-split ones, in which case blegh I can try but I'm 95% less confident.

Quote Originally Posted by Rog View Post
    Good catch, fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Khimberlhyte View Post
    Based on the screenshots posted by Sythe777 on the second page of this thread, the Golden Cartouche is getting a serious nerf, going from +3 UMD to +1 UMD.

That would make it equal to random lootgen.
    Swapped to Quality UMD +1, better? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Sythe777 View Post
    Agree with most others that either the clickies on epic-tier items get upgraded to correspond to their level, or just remove them and allocate their approximate power.
    Sure thing.

Epic Boneshard Flute: Command Undead -> Control Undead, 3 charges
    Epic Wooden Prayer Beads: Bless -> Protection from Elements, Mass, 3 charges
    Epic Silver Flame Bracer: Protection from Evil -> Restoration, 3 charges
    Epic Headsman's Hood: Fear -> Blood Rage (from Epic Locus of Vol)

I've also done a pass over the AC/Max Dex for the epic versions to make sure they're at appropriate values (and made sure we had light/med/heavy instead of light/light/heavy). Thanks for the feedback so far! :)
    Last edited by Lynnabel; 01-22-2020 at 01:05 PM.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

[QUOTE=Lynnabel;6286484]Hi all! I definitely hear you about level 27 being an awkward level for epic gear. In preview 2 you'll see the epic Delera's stuff at level 25 - better?

I would prefer level 24, but level 25 is much better. thank you
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    BoloGrubb / DJGrubb / Gijo
    Proud member of the HighLords of Malkier

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    He was basically agreeing with the poster he quoted, that you should have made an epic version of VoM this time (and was bemoaning the fact that you didn't make an epic Unwavering Ardency when you made epic Orchard).

So his feedback is "Please make an epic VoM".
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Community Member

Such as? This is an easy fix if you can get me the names.
    Here you go. After all, we get paid for this, right? Oh wait.

Epic Guidance [1d8]
    Epic Eternal Rest [1d6], Does not accept sentience
    Epic Morningstar of the Heretic [1d8], replace Bodyfeeder with something epic; replace Doom clicky
    Epic Dagger of Inquisition [1d4]
    Epic Blade of Inquisition [1d8]
    Epic Pillar of Light [1d6], replace Searing Light (with Divine Wrath)
    Epic Sanctuary [1d6], low shield bonus
    Epic Robe of Duality: probably should not have Lesser Augmentation
    Epic Wrath of Siberys [1d6], low shield bonus

special mention:
    Epic Linen Wraps: needs 4th enchantment (curse does not count)

Community Member

Bind to Account on Equip items (should be only BtAoA probably?)
    Epic Eternal Rest
    Epic Templar's Chain
    Epic Templar's Mail

(probably same for heroic)

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    Bind to Account on Equip items (should be only BtAoA probably?)
    Epic Eternal Rest
    Epic Templar's Chain
    Epic Templar's Mail

(probably same for heroic)
    Gotcha, fixed em. Thanks!

Here you go. After all, we get paid for this, right? Oh wait.
    I don't really know how to respond to this if you don't want to give feedback, please don't feel obligated to do so.

snip, lots of weapons/armor/shields with heroic mods
    Fixed these on my last go around, I'll try to move things around for the mace to make it cooler.

special mention:
    Epic Linen Wraps: needs 4th enchantment (curse does not count)
    This looks like it has 4 non-curse enchantments to me? Hmm. It could use some spice, though, I'll mix it up a bit.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Hi all! I definitely hear you about level 27 being an awkward level for epic gear. In preview 2 you'll see the epic Delera's stuff at level 25 - better?

Such as? This is an easy fix if you can get me the names. Assuming it's not the level-split ones, in which case blegh I can try but I'm 95% less confident.

Good catch, fixed.

Swapped to Quality UMD +1, better?

Sure thing.

Epic Boneshard Flute: Command Undead -> Control Undead, 3 charges
    Epic Wooden Prayer Beads: Bless -> Protection from Elements, Mass, 3 charges
    Epic Headsman's Hood: Fear -> Blood Rage (from Epic Locus of Vol)

I've also done a pass over the AC/Max Dex for the epic versions to make sure they're at appropriate values (and made sure we had light/med/heavy instead of light/light/heavy). Thanks for the feedback so far!

These all sound great. Thank you very much for the hardwork.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Epic Silver Flame Bracer: Protection from Evil -> Restoration, 3 charges)
    Restoration clicky is very nice! I'm looking forward to that. Thanks for adding useful higher-level clickies, I love them! Even if Concentration + UMD makes it viable to scroll-cast, there's something much more satisfying to me about not using consumables
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    Restoration clicky is very nice! I'm looking forward to that. Thanks for adding useful higher-level clickies, I love them! Even if Concentration + UMD makes it viable to scroll-cast, there's something much more satisfying to me about not using consumables
    That caught my eye too It'll be super useful for Epic Amber for any build that cant UMD Resto scrolls. Also it'll be nice for when you've got too many neg levels to UMD Resto scrolls to remove your neg levels

Now I kinda wish the Heroic version was Resto: 1 charge

Founder
    Guild Leader - Death Smile

VoM didn't get changed with this pass (and is still found 100% of the time when talking to Delera on the appropriate step of the quest chain), and the Epic VoM is The Master's Gift. We didn't plan on making a new Epic VoM with this pass.
    The Master's Gift is one of the most iconic quest rewards, to leave an Epic version out is a missed opportunity, ... how much more satisfying it would be to have an epic version of this iconic trinket, which harkens back to the early game, to Gary Gygax, and the DM's vision when used with its sister cloak. Please reconsider adding this - good trinkets are hard to come by.

Unless I am misunderstanding and the Master's Gift jewel is being offered as permanent always present end reward, bypassing the heroic requirements to make the jewel - this would be acceptable considering how difficult it can be for new players to learn about this jewel and make one.

however, I favor an updated epic trinket because there needs to be some secrets left in DDO for players to discover - the Master's Gift is one of those mysterious items that require research and discovery to acquire and as a result has always been cool.
    **Master of the Beyond**

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast