Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Squirrel Enthusiast Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

Default Was hoping for something kind of revolutionary but....

Meh, loot is just really basic, maybe it should be but would still be nice if they created something like a ring, necklace, or trinket with healer's bounty on it!

Community Member

Default Impressions

Overall, the loot seems to be at exactly the right power level -- that is, it seems not to add any power creep, and isn't super exciting, but may add new gear-tetris options for some builds in mid-epics. My observations:

• No new Voice of the Master? It seems odd for the signature item to be absent from the preview.
    • Carnifex buffed (very very slightly -- +1 Orange Socket)? It seems odd for the most OP weapon before Sword of Shadows to get buffed. On the other hand, this does make it par with the Sky Pirate Dagger.
    • Many items seem mechanically unchanged, but with item effects renamed into the current naming convention.
    • Some items subtly altered as a side-effect of the naming change. For example, some catacombs items changed from old "Lesser Undead Bane and Ghost Touch" to "Ghostbane 1", losing 1 hit and damage versus undead but increasing the bane die two steps.
    • Many items buffed very slightly.
    • Overall power level seems unchanged.
    • Some of the new epic items may be a little strong, notably:
      • Epic Blade/Dagger of Inquisition / Guidance / Eternal Rest all pack a whopping 5d6+10d10 versus undead, albeit missing -1[W] compared to a "usual" level 23 weapon. That may make them worth carrying as an undead beater.
      • Epic Iron Manacles may see play at level 30, for lack of other good wrist options in certain gear sets. This might free up cloak slots currently housing a Cloak of the City Champion, if a good replacement option exists.
      • Epic Skeleton Key looks good to me, as someone who knows nothing about trapper skills.
    • All the clickies on the epic items are unchanged from their heroic counterparts, and feel very wrong. None would be useful at their level.
    Last edited by Noircere; 01-15-2020 at 11:06 PM.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noircere View Post

• Epic Skeleton Key looks good to me, as someone who knows nothing about trapper skills.
    Like all of the other Epic Delera gear aside from maybe Epic Carnifex and the self-heal swap in weapon, Epic Skeleton Key is terrible. It’s only +1 skill better than an existing ML 23 item and it’s way way behind cannith gear. It’s hot garbage. Sentient food only.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Like all of the other Epic Delera gear aside from maybe Epic Carnifex and the self-heal swap in weapon, Epic Skeleton Key is terrible. It’s only +1 skill better than an existing ML 23 item and it’s way way behind cannith gear. It’s hot garbage. Sentient food only.
    It's exactly the same bonus as ML 27 cannith gear, the problem is cannith gives the same bonus to skills from level 25-28 so no one would actually make an ML 27 version. The other problem is that there are some old named items from before they matched power to cannith crafting that are better bonuses at lower ML.
    Last edited by Krelar; 01-16-2020 at 12:03 AM.

Community Member

Based on the screenshots posted by Sythe777 on the second page of this thread, the Golden Cartouche is getting a serious nerf, going from +3 UMD to +1 UMD.

That would make it equal to random lootgen.

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by CeltEireson View Post
    You've actually nerfed the blade and dagger of Inquisition as well as Eternal Rest handwraps. On live the have both ghost touch and lesser undead bane which means they'll hit all incorporeals plus do bonus damage to all undead - the description on the new items specifically says the bonus damage only applies to incorporeal mobs.
    Some might consider that a buff. Which are more dangerous, the non-undead incorporeal mobs, or non-incorporeal undead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    It's exactly the same bonus as ML 27 cannith gear, the problem is cannith gives the same bonus to skills from level 25-28 so no one would actually make an ML 27 version. The other problem is that there are some old named items from before they matched power to cannith crafting that are better bonuses at lower ML.
    It's not, because an ML 27 Cannith item is +19 skill, +9 insightful. ML 21 is 18+9.
    Kobold sentient jewel still hate you.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    With Cannith Crafting, you can get the regular bonus and an insightful bonus on the same item.

This item is WAAAAAAY below Cannith because you can make a single Cannith crafted ML 20 or 21 item with a significantly higher total bonus because you can include the Insightful bit as well. Ignoring Insightful skill bonus makes this key really lackluster.

If it had all 4 skills with the regular AND the insightful bonus, it would be a really handy piece of gear that you can use to consolidate your bonuses and make life more convenient (not more powerful - just more convenient). As it stands now, there is no reason to use the Epic Skeleton Key aside from the nice Sentient XP that it gives.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Khimberlhyte View Post
    Based on the screenshots posted by Sythe777 on the second page of this thread, the Golden Cartouche is getting a serious nerf, going from +3 UMD to +1 UMD.

That would make it equal to random lootgen.
    Ah, yep. Good catch. I'm starting the preliminary item feedback responses shortly (either today or tomorrow) and this is a good starting point.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

I am glad that there is no massive powercreep, thx

I would adjust the clickies on the epic gear

clickies on heroic gear are always helpful

That anger booster goggles ML 3 I can already see a use for it heh
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links
    Proud Knight Templar of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main; epic completionist); Parked Toons: Katwoemyn (10), Saelegion (4), Alitirala (4), Naerfelka (21)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Ah, yep. Good catch. I'm starting the preliminary item feedback responses shortly (either today or tomorrow) and this is a good starting point.
    Idk about everyone else, but with epic gear I only make 2 sets, level21 and level 29. Everything else is pointless to me besides maybe weapons and I doubt I'm the only one (infact I'd bet the majority of your playerbase Is the same/similar) this is one of those points that I think the dev's are way out of touch, no one swaps gear near as often as they seem to think and the legendary gap makes this gear worthless.

I thought of something when running catacombs last night. Would it be possible to have Catacombs quests move up a level or two? If the heroic end quest now ends with the same monsters as the epic one did... it would make sense for these quests to be a bit higher level. And that would in turn move the heroic loot to level 4 or 5 which would put it in a better standing/comparison with the KotB loot.

Its just a thought.

Now about the appearance of the epic armors... can we please get them to have a nice Silver Flame theme? We have some Silver Flame armors/shields in the game on player stuff not just NPCs. Can we get the epic armor appearances changed please? A white or blue cloak with the Silverflame symbol on it would also be pretty awesome.

https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Beacon_of_Tira
    https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Aegis_of_Flame
    https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Bastion_of_Fealty
    https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Chain_of_Conviction
    https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Cloth_of_the_Faithful
    https://ddowiki.com/page/Itemocent_of_the_Flames
    https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Focal_Point
    https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Sworn_Aegis

Saw this whole set last night:

Obviously its unfinished. The crown is actually the same as the Festivult Crown of Ice. But the theme reminds me of Notre Dame. Epic church quests would be a good fit except it doesn't actually remind me any of the Silver Flame. *shrug* Any upcoming Morninglord quests? Looks like it belongs in a temple of the Morning Lord.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by J-mann View Post
    Idk about everyone else, but with epic gear I only make 2 sets, level21 and level 29. Everything else is pointless to me besides maybe weapons and I doubt I'm the only one (infact I'd bet the majority of your playerbase Is the same/similar) this is one of those points that I think the dev's are way out of touch, no one swaps gear near as often as they seem to think and the legendary gap makes this gear worthless.
    I swap gear from my level 21 stuff at level 25/26 (i think only one or two items are 26) and then again at 29. But I play mostly casters and I need to eek out every stat/DC and spell pen I can to reliably pass mobs' saves. Also I do not have ANY raid gear if that makes any difference.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Aelyrra - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherDog View Post
    Thanks. Where is the Dojo? I don't see it on the map.
    This probably explains it better than me

https://ddowiki.com/page/Test_Dojo

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirValentine View Post
    Some might consider that a buff. Which are more dangerous, the non-undead incorporeal mobs, or non-incorporeal undead?
    True but old version did extra damage against undead and still allowed you to bypass the 50% miss chance for other incorporeals and at that level you're more likely to run into non-incorporeal undead that non-undead incorporeals.

But its not a massive issue by any means.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by J-mann View Post
    Depends on whether Im just running elite to get through an epic life quickly before reincarnating, or if I'm doing reaper to get reaper exp. With reaper i'd tend to swap more often.

Community Member

missed a great opportunity to create a set of legendary sentient voices of the masters...

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

Expected with the release of Update 45 are updated versions of both The Catacombs and Delera's Tomb. This updates will include a revamp of the Heroic Named Loot for both packs as well as entirely new Named Loot for the Epic versions of those quests. In recent years we have listed full layouts of all named loot pieces in preview threads but have decided to not do that for this preview in order to incentive players to do less forums based theorycrafting feedback and more time spent actually in Lamannia playing around with the new items.

All of the new items can be found in Lamannia sold by "The Loot Guy" in the center of the Test Dojo.
    Considering how Iconic the Voice of the Master is to this game and its importance in the Delera Quest line and its reference to Gary Gygax himself when you equip it with the Mantle of the Worldshaper to not have an epic version seems purposefully annoying. Literally everyone I know who plays that was the first thing they said, 'Epic Voice!' - nope - look - do what you want - you're missing an opportunity here to make a lot of the community happy and honoring the actual decade + of this game its players have run the Delera's chain specifically for a voice.

The Voice needs more community voices to stick up for it so we get an epic version !
    **Master of the Beyond**

Quote Originally Posted by mauriciodg View Post
    missed a great opportunity to create a set of legendary sentient voices of the masters...
    Unless you can raise dead IRL, you're gonna have a hard time recording those voices...
    We want more Monster Manuals.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ovrad View Post
    Unless you can raise dead IRL, you're gonna have a hard time recording those voices...
    It wouldnt need to be Gary's and Dave's voices... we have a lot of different dms voices in ddo... think of Stormreaver as an Enraged Voice of the Master trinket, or Yaulthoon as Mesmerizing Voice of the Master... there are so many options...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast