Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default U45 Preview 1: Named Loot

Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

Expected with the release of Update 45 are updated versions of both The Catacombs and Delera's Tomb. This updates will include a revamp of the Heroic Named Loot for both packs as well as entirely new Named Loot for the Epic versions of those quests. In recent years we have listed full layouts of all named loot pieces in preview threads but have decided to not do that for this preview in order to incentive players to do less forums based theorycrafting feedback and more time spent actually in Lamannia playing around with the new items.

All of the new items can be found in Lamannia sold by "The Loot Guy" in the center of the Test Dojo.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    In recent years we have listed full layouts of all named loot pieces in preview threads but have decided to not do that for this preview in order to incentive players to do less forums based theorycrafting feedback and more time spent actually in Lamannia playing around with the new items.
    Props to the first person who posts the loot here so we can theorycraft like civilized forum posters.

Community Member

Seriously? I'm sure a significantly lower portion of players actually go on Lamannia and test stuff as opposed to those that just look here on the forums. And a decent chunk of the people on Lamannia are just there to do DPS tests, not check out the new stuff.

Essentially what you are doing is saying "Hey players, we'd actually like less feedback on gear".

And if we are still supposed to discuss it here, what's the point of making us go out of our ways to see what we're supposed to be discussing???
    Last edited by Fivetigers33; 01-14-2020 at 02:24 PM.
    Stratis on Khyber

Want to know my build?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...il-of-the-Bard

catacombs is lvl 23, and deleras 27.......so no theory crafting as it is not legendary
    Main toons: IronThatcher (tank & box breaker for inquisitives), Mehhh (ranger)...pion of HS...zug zug
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesrali View Post
    Go munt your grandma while wearing my freeway mitt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    I am the dumb.

No Epic Voice of the Master that I can see, either.
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

In recent years we have listed full layouts of all named loot pieces in preview threads but have decided to not do that for this preview in order to incentive players to do less forums based theorycrafting feedback and more time spent actually in Lamannia playing around with the new items.
    Makes no sense. We can tell pretty well how the items will perform based on their descriptions.
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Can anyone post the specs on Carnifex?

Both Heroic and Epic versions?
    Leader of Legion of Eberron on Cannith.

Characters: Loromir & Baldomir....among others.

Quote Originally Posted by Fivetigers33 View Post
    Essentially what you are doing is saying "Hey players, we'd actually like less feedback on gear".
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedora1 View Post
    Makes no sense. We can tell pretty well how the items will perform based on their descriptions.
    We've historically gotten much more useful feedback from people who have logged into Lamannia and tried out the items than any of the theorycrafting here. We don't mind if that results in less overall feedback if the feedback we get from people actually using the items remains strong.
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steelstar View Post
    useful feedback
    Basically you want to know if the items work or not, not ways to improve them or if any players would ever actually use them in game. Got it.
    Stratis on Khyber

Want to know my build?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...il-of-the-Bard

Well, hopefully Strimtom does a video of the new items. I think not showing the items here is a poor decision.

Community Member

Default Plague Doctor?

So is there a plague doctor mask for my apothecary?

Community Member dragons1ayer74's Avatar

I am not sure if the items on Lamannia Server are bugged but all of the Catacombs weapons seem to have standard heroic damage multipliers vs standard epic.. so base 1[d8] vs 2[d8].

Epic Carnifex
    Accepts Sentinet
    Min lvl 27
    4[d12]+8
    17-20/x3
    Keen III
    Orange Slot

In this age of sentients and legendary gear the stats on Lamannia for Epic Carnifex is very underwhelming. The big problem here is Epic wepons at this stage are a waste, it comes so late in leveling to 29 that most wont make it sentinet and max it out to use for 2 levels.

IMO 1 of 3 things could/should happen:
    #1 the min level should be much, much lower for most this is equally as good as level 21 drow weapons.
    #2 the min level should be 29 and it should be a legendary weapon and get its stats bumped.
    #3 the min level should stay 27 and the weapon should get boosted to compete as a weak ledgendary weapon.

Will existing heroic Catacombs and Delera's loot be retroactively changed to what appears on Lam?
    Khyber: Kobeyashi | Ying. R10 or bust.

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    Will existing heroic Catacombs and Delera's loot be retroactively changed to what appears on Lam?
    Not retroactive, no.

Quote Originally Posted by dragons1ayer74 View Post
    IMO 1 of 3 things could/should happen:
    #1 the min level should be much, much lower for most this is equally as good as level 21 drow weapons.
    #2 the min level should be 29 and it should be a legendary weapon and get its stats bumped.
    #3 the min level should stay 27 and the weapon should get boosted to compete as a weak ledgendary weapon.
    Of these I think option 1 is the best, good ideas. Carnifex (the heroic version) is already a much lower level than the other stuff in the pack, so it just kind of makes sense.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by thomassmith2 View Post
    So is there a plague doctor mask for my apothecary?
    +1

Community Member

feedback

boneshard flute: is useless. loses red augment slot for some reason. gains +1 perform. should have +3 enhancement bonus and some useful abilities

linen wraps: has a curse (dex penalty) but does not have any exceptional benefit

Robe of Duality nerfed to 7 HP. It's an awesome robe but hardly gamebreaking if it stays at 10 HP. Gained a bit of durability I think. At least that.

Templar's Chain / Templar's Mail: Bind to Account on Equip

Epic Sanctuary: Shield bonus +9? Maybe increase W size? 3[1d8]

Epic Wrath of Siberys: Shield bonus +12; Increase W size? Perhaps go up to Greater Heroism and replace Ins Reflex +4 with level-appropriate Parrying

Many epic weapons generally don't have extra [W]

Consider removing clickies like Searing Light from epic weapons... or give useful clickies.

Epic Cardinal Gloves: Shouldn't this have +3 Good Luck

Epic Linen Wraps: Increase Disease resistance to level appropriate level and add 4th enchantment

Epic Robe of Duality: ML15 gear has full Arcane Augmentation (+2), why give +1 on ML23 gear?

Almost no difference between Templar's Chain and Leather. Perhaps make Chain medium armor?

Epic Silver Flame Bracers: maybe make Protection from Evil permanent, or change to Magic Circle vs Evil, CL25.

Epic Wooden Prayer Beeds: ditch the clicky or replace with something

Generally. Heroic items are mostly weak, particularly from Delera's. Why not add an enchantment or two? ML27 items are in an unfortunate position. Don't spend too much time on those, they probably won't be used much.

Community Member

Default Mac OS Lam client?

Disclaimer
    Everything seen on the preview server, Lamannia, is not final and is subject to change or removal before live release.

Expected with the release of Update 45 are updated versions of both The Catacombs and Delera's Tomb. This updates will include a revamp of the Heroic Named Loot for both packs as well as entirely new Named Loot for the Epic versions of those quests. In recent years we have listed full layouts of all named loot pieces in preview threads but have decided to not do that for this preview in order to incentive players to do less forums based theorycrafting feedback and more time spent actually in Lamannia playing around with the new items.

All of the new items can be found in Lamannia sold by "The Loot Guy" in the center of the Test Dojo.
    Thanks, Cocomajobo. Is there a Lamannia client that works in Mac OS?

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

I talked to The Loot Guy(tm) and he didn't have a Voice of the Master to offer. What's up with that?
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Epic skeleton key min level 27
    Search +19
    Spot +19
    Open Lock +19
    Disable device +19
    Yellow slot

Either the numbers should be bumped up or the min level lowered.

Manual of stealthy Pilfering (trinket) is min level 26 and has +20 to most of those, can be upgraded to have a green slot
    Magnifying Lens (goggles) is min level 21 and has +18 to all of those and a green slot
    Epic leather Gloves of the Snake (gloves) is min level 21 and has +18 to all those and a blue slot

I feel like min level 23 or 24 would be better for the epic skeleton key, would make for a good swap item. It would also place it mid point between Epic leather gloves of the snake and the Legendary Keylock ring.

After spending even more time on Lamannia, all the Epic Delera's gear needs to be level adjusted to level 23/24 or get some boost to the various stats. Otherwise they will not get used by hardly anyone.
    Last edited by Bolo_Grubb; 01-15-2020 at 11:33 AM.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    BoloGrubb / DJGrubb / Gijo
    Proud member of the HighLords of Malkier

Is this shield is accessible on Live Servers?

>
    >>Officer of the Polish Guild: GildiaDDOpl<<>>Cannith<<
    Isioviel Jr'eness - the Completionist
    Finghin Al'Roeg 4rd life Warlock .......Seljuck 5th life 14ftr/5art/1wiz
    If you like my posts, consider adding to my reputation. Thank You.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast