Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisAlien View Post
    ftfy. You missing the i. and .jpg.
    Neat thanks I just mindlessly copied the link imgur gave me. Silly me
    Server: Thelanis - Characters Main: Rusttttt, Sepiaaaaa, Amethysttttt - Other Alts: Flameeeee, Siennaaaaa, Rougeeeee, Roseeeee, Wineeeee, Marigolddddd, Zaffreeeee, Wisteriaaaaa, Scarlettttt, Rufousssss, Lilaccccc, Puceeeee, Azureeeee, Orchiddddd, Sinopiaaaaa, Amaranthhhhh, Violettttt, Umberrrrr, Tawnyyyyy, And More! Literally too many for the Signature!

Community Member

Default Why Do People Keep Trying to Make this into a Carbon Copy of Eldritch Knight?

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Every other simple weapon is either supported by Swash or KT, except Clubs (largely caster weapons), and Qstaff (which is supported by Monk/TA). So its not like there arent options to build around, and it needs to all be packaged into Alch itself.
    Agreed. Plus you can easily get +1 range and multiplier with 6 levels of fighter on any weapon by spending 11 points in the Kensei tree and getting Strike with No Thought. There seems to be little need to add any more melee power to a class that is supposed to be a spell caster and most (if not all) of its feats are aimed at ranged combat or casting. At some point that belligerent Alchemist who is in the middle of the melee most likely stopped studying and went to learn fighting i.e. multi-classed.

Community Member

Toxic Augmentation: Striking Contaminated enemies will apply stacks of Vulnerable.

I was never able to get stacks of vulnerable going when the test server was up. Anyone else find this enhancement to be broken?

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    Tier 5

• Greater Wave of Poison: Cerulite SLA:
      • You infect enemies in a short cone with a deadly poison that eats away at them. After 6 seconds, target creatures take 1d6+8 Poison damage per Caster Level. This will Contaminate enemies. (MCL:20).
    • Fatal Poison: +2 to hit and +2 to damage with Simple Weapons. +1 Competence Bonus to Critical Range with Simple Weapons. For Darts, this Range bonus is +2 instead.
    • Toxic Augmentation: Striking Contaminated enemies will apply stacks of Vulnerable.
    • Sapping Ambition: While your Reaction is Orchidium, attacking with Simple Weapons gives a 10% chance to gain 10 temporary Spell Points +1 per Alchemist level.
    • Chemical Weapon: Passive: Your Simple Weapons gain +1[w]. Your simple ranged thrown weapons attack 15% faster.
    T5 Vile Chemist needs some love when using daggers and throwing daggers as it's a no brainer to go T5 VKF instead. Here's why:

Fatal Poison might as well not exist when I'm already spending 21+ AP in VKF. Sidebar: Even if an amazing raid dart is introduced in the future, the lack of a secondary tree for darts similar to VKF make darts inferior in all ways behind throwing daggers. If you're going to Make Darts Great Again, then it's gotta be in Vile Chemist. +2 Competence Crit Range doesn't cut it.

Chemical Weapon is effectively a permanent 5.5 dmg (avg) with raid daggers/throwing daggers, compared to Blessed Blades which is effectively a permanent 10 dmg with any dagger/throwing dagger, plus a 5[W] attack and relevant DR breaking abilities. The "ranged thrown weapons attack 15% faster" is wallpaper because of hard/soft caps with throwers. There is no measurable rate of fire difference between 65% (Whirling Wrists+Knife Juggler) and 80% ranged attack speed (the same, plus Chemical Weapon). Whirling Wrists is a staple twist of fate for every thrower build for no other reason than the 6% doubleshot. If you want to make this attractive to all Vile Chemist builds, then replace the 1[W] with +1 poison dice.

Sapping Ambition: I don't see how this is relevant for a melee or ranged focused character, even if I were to remain in the required reaction most of the time. I've got a sizeable spell point pool and I'm only going to use spell points for a handful of buffs like alchemical INT and Greater Heroism, keep Know the Angles and boosts up during combat, and some possible in-between combat admixture healing. With this buff up, the size of my spell point pool effectively becomes infinite because the buff is up more than I need to use SP. And if I'm in super challenging content with limited shrines, then I'll use my Mysterious Bauble or infrequently drink a mana pot.

I don't have first hand experience with Greater Wave of Poison since the SLAs had issues. As a 20 Alchemist, it's 230 poison dmg avg since ranged builds don't have room to take the two class feats for +1 MCL. If it scales with 900 poison spellpower, then it's 2300 assuming the mobs don't save for half -- which I assume they would on a character with no caster DC gear. Even with Quick Draw to minimize swapping between attacks and SLA activations, with those numbers it's a DPS toss up between casting vs. keep attacking. Also, it's short range so it's a non-starter for throwers. The whole point of ranged throwers is to be, well, ranged. In addition to what it does now, if there was a passive that granted 30 poison spellpower, then that would be attractive due to augmenting the poison dice in the cores.

Toxic Augmentation is the only T5 enhancement that's somewhat attractive, but even so it suffers the same rate limit of vulnerability applications that Aasimar T4 does. Vile Chemist melee are already using Pain+Suffering at endgame, so this holds zero interest to them. And plenty of popular builds can put Vuln up much quicker and keep it up: Assassins, Wolves, Rangers, Fighters and EKs using Pain, Flow, Torn, Untold or Constellation.

For reference the split I tested was 41 Vile Chemist (capstone), 34 VKF (T5), 6 Harper for KtA using Wide Open Sky.
    Last edited by Carpone; 01-17-2020 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Clarified suggestions, fixed math
    Kobeyashi | Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    T5 Vile Chemist needs some love when using daggers and throwing daggers as it's a no brainer to go T5 VKF instead. Here's why:

Toxic Augmentation is the only T5 enhancement that's somewhat attractive, but even so it suffers the same rate limit of vulnerability applications that Aasimar T4 does. Vile Chemist melee are already using Pain+Suffering at endgame, so this holds zero interest to them. And plenty of popular builds can put Vuln up much quicker and keep it up: Assassins, Wolves, Rangers, Fighters and EKs using Pain, Flow, Torn, Untold or Constellation.
    I do agree that T5 Vile Chemist and probably the last 2 cores of it itself need some love. The opportunity cost for them is very low when looking at splits. As for Toxic Augmentation that loses attraction too with the amount of weapons with fetters/frostbite. Contaminate seems quite underwhelming. Up to -6 fort and stacks of vulnerability, does the contaminate stack with alchemist poison weapon imbues?

However, I'm not saying these should be specifically for daggers since vistani is aimed at daggers, the abilities should be geared more towards simple weapons as a whole, especially darts!

Just a suggestion, but make the contaminate stack and add a tier 5 melee/ranged attack that does +2w 1 range/1 mult, removes 3-x stacks of contamination and have it like a burst on said mob(first one hit) to spread contamination and dealing poison damage(xdx damage based on stacks of contamination) to all mobs around it.
    Last edited by Yamani; 01-19-2020 at 03:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

Community Member

What does contamination do?
    Toon on cannith

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by capsela View Post
    What does contamination do?
    Unless I missed something, contaminated by itself doesn’t do anything, but other abilities do extra effects (-Fort save and Vulnerable effects) when striking a contaminated enemy.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

did anyone happen to check Chemical Weapons to see if the +15% attack speed actually did anything?

Doesn’t seem like attack speed bonuses are working correctly.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123