Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SpardaX View Post
    This isn't exactly feedback on the class itself, but could you make that purple a lighter shade of purple? I mean, I guess it doesn't really matter, since the basic idea is "Red+yellow make Orange / Red+Blue make Purple / Blue+Yellow make Green", the actual words don't have any meaning behind them, but I literally can't read that purple word. I just see a purple rectangle.
    /Seconded. Dark purple on gray background, had to highlight the text to see what the purple words were.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Community Member

I could be wrong, but I remember reading / hearing that one of the high points of this would be the ability to make buff potions that you can eventually give out to your party members? Am I just wrong on this, or did it get cut? Or is it just not ready for Lam land?
    Server: Thelanis - Characters Main: Rusttttt, Sepiaaaaa, Amethysttttt - Other Alts: Flameeeee, Siennaaaaa, Rougeeeee, Roseeeee, Wineeeee, Marigolddddd, Zaffreeeee, Wisteriaaaaa, Scarlettttt, Rufousssss, Lilaccccc, Puceeeee, Azureeeee, Orchiddddd, Sinopiaaaaa, Amaranthhhhh, Violettttt, Umberrrrr, Tawnyyyyy, And More! Literally too many for the Signature!

I could be wrong, but I remember reading / hearing that one of the high points of this would be the ability to make buff potions that you can eventually give out to your party members? Am I just wrong on this, or did it get cut? Or is it just not ready for Lam land?
    I don't know for sure, but I feel that had to be scrapped due to being clunky. Imagine entering a quest and then waiting 5 minutes for the alchemist to brew potions and hand them out to party members (or worse, a raid). Having to brew potions and then trade them to people would be very cumbersome, I feel.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    I don't know for sure, but I feel that had to be scrapped due to being clunky. Imagine entering a quest and then waiting 5 minutes for the alchemist to brew potions and hand them out to party members (or worse, a raid). Having to brew potions and then trade them to people would be very cumbersome, I feel.
    While I agree with you, I'd counter with, if its those Greater Evolution Potions that give +4 Alchemical Stat bonus
    I'd be willing to wait a minute or so. +4 to everyone's primary stat is a yes please.

But if it was scrapped, then /shrug. All good.
    Server: Thelanis - Characters Main: Rusttttt, Sepiaaaaa, Amethysttttt - Other Alts: Flameeeee, Siennaaaaa, Rougeeeee, Roseeeee, Wineeeee, Marigolddddd, Zaffreeeee, Wisteriaaaaa, Scarlettttt, Rufousssss, Lilaccccc, Puceeeee, Azureeeee, Orchiddddd, Sinopiaaaaa, Amaranthhhhh, Violettttt, Umberrrrr, Tawnyyyyy, And More! Literally too many for the Signature!

Community Member

Insightful courage is currently broken not showing up on character sheet when taken. (int to wisdom save feat)

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

The description text of the actual Alchemist Spellcasting feat icon has a bit too much of the letter "n" in it. Maybe they were supposed to be line breaks ?

By the way, I think it would be not bad to have this explanation elsewhere in-game, too.

For those who are capable of editing the Wiki, I'd loive to see something like "if ... then ... else" statements for examples of Alchemist Spellcasting.
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tapper this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this dale."
    "Archbishop Dryden wants to talk to you to tap on this tale."
    English is not my first language - misinterpretations galore !

Community Member

Just a friendly heads up: upon brief testing last night core 2 for both bombardier and apothecary are not working at all, my simple weapon did not have the focus weapon spellpower and I was hit by magic missiles while in cloth. Also the feat for intel to will save is not working, my will save was actually lower than my intel modifier. Did not test for long but those were the glaring obvious bugs I found.

Community Member

Pyrite
    Verdanite
    Orchidium
    Crimsonite
    Gildleaf
    Cerulite

Can you please confirm the official intended spelling of the words above? I've also seen Ceruleite, Giltleaf, Gildeleaf, and probably couple other spellings.

Default Feat

I absolutely love the thought behind Battalion Brew. I only wonder if it should require 8 levels of Alchemist to partake? Or are you specifically okay with a 4 (minimum) level delve to get that Feat for a multi-class?

Similarly, it almost makes me a bit sad about something like Enlightened Spirit. Throwing a CHR-to-damage into just that tree (core or tier 5) seems quite doable. Get rid of the hireling buff there (a new Universal Tree idea!!!!) and put that spicey bit there. Essentially, I would love to swing and have it be a bit more effective there.

So, having that option for my melee Alchemist is fantastic. Thank you that I won't have to dive (yet again) into Harper!

Community Member

The Reaction UI element is way way too large. There's no reason I need to see it from 30 feet away. Make it something on the same order as the Runearm charging graphic (which itself is probably larger than it needs to be too and often blocks my view).

Honestly all I need is two colored pips somewhere near my character. Dont trip over your own feet trying to make it fancy - its impressive for the first few days, but something simple and straightfoward is preferable in the long term, more function than form.

Is there an ICD on Reaction processing? I tried to quickly get into Orch (from no reaction) on my VC by using the Poison Arrow attack (which should count as a Red) followed by the Poison Spray (which should count as a Blue), but it didnt immediately dial up Purple. Instead, I got Blue (the Arrow refused to register) and then I had to use a manual Red spell. I tried again next time, a Spray followed immediately by a Poison vial, but again the Red spell didnt register until I did it again, which made me wonder if you need to wait before using your second color.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasHunter View Post
    Thank you that I won't have to dive (yet again) into Harper!
    Any melee is still going to want KTA. But it does save you 4 AP which could be the difference between hitting T4 in a tree or not...
    Last edited by droid327; 01-15-2020 at 02:07 PM.

Didn't see this one yet - the tooltip for Choking Smog claims it silences enemies as well, but it clearly wasn't having that effect. Is it supposed to silence (prohibit spellcasting) or is the tooltip wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    The Reaction UI element is way way too large.
    I fully agree. Plus, it should be embellished much more ! Its simple look just hurts my eyes (*cough*).

Seriously, it just looks so much misplaced compared to the rest of the UI ...

Plus, can i have that circle of the own character be switched off as well ? I do acknoeledge its intention, and it is actually a good tool imho, but it sometimes kind of oirritates me as well ...

On Korthos, the Alchemist trainer needs the dialog *heavily* fixed. Especially in the "Alchemist advice" part. It still contains parts of the Artificer dialog.
    The "here's another tip" line made me laugh, though.

It would be imho much more realistic as if empty vials would be direct spell components. At least the spell's names make me believe this.

I'm currently playing the Alchemist at level 1 in Korthos.

The spell "Vial Of Sparks" has an imho a tiny bit (not too much, thouh) too long cooldown. Actually, I'm a little bit surprised I can doi more damage with the early heavy mace (with foire damage) I got from Cellimas than with this spell or the fire flask spell (I don't remember its exact name anymore, I'm sorry).

Another problem I have that it really isn't directly visible what kind of benefits I might have from casting a first spell, and then a second spell.
    I mean, I'm conservatively using rather protective spells like thickening the skjin, Curative Admixture : Cure Light Wounds, and as thind the Vial Of Sparks spell.
    From this I cannot see how much the act of casting let's say Vial Of Sparks modifies my Thickrening Skin spelkl, for example. I assume that casting a spell influences the second spell ... at leastz that's how I've understood it this far - but in the case of these 3 spells I'm rather unable to calculate the direct influence.
    Of course, the buff icons tell a bit, but ... well, that's it,.

I assume that the influence would be bigger within a selected school of spells : Damage spells, or healing spells, or buffing spells. My guess right now is that the way how damaging spells influence each other would be more viibvle, than healing spells influencing each other ?

If this all sounds like gibberish ... - well then it's merely reflecting the state of my understanding of the whoile system right now.

The system is intersting, but *very* complex, almost much I'd like to see an own handbook only for Alchemist spellcastings.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    [/I]The game remembers your current Reaction as well as the Primer of the last spell you cast. Using a Crimsonite spell and then a Gildleaf spell will put you in the Pyrite state (with a sub-state listing of Gildleaf, for the last spell you cast). Casting Crimsonite or Gildleaf spells while in Pyrite will keep you Pyrite (but will change your sub-color to Gildleaf or Crimsonite). If you were to then cast an Ceruleite spell, it would combine with the sub-state from the last spell you cast, putting you in Orchidium (if the previous spell was Crimsonite) or Verdanite (if the previous spell was Gildleaf).
    So was testing this part on Lama, is this the actual intended end game feature of Alchemist and currently not fully functioning on lama?

Atm on lama there is essentially 4 reactive states: Orange, Green, Purple, and no state.
    Red + Blue would put me into purple, then casting yellow instead of putting me into orange or green cancelled out my reactive state. To which I would then have to cast red or blue again to put me into one of those states, cancel that one out, then cast the desired color again to put myself back into purple.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

what is the past life though?

Community Member

The past life is +1 Transmutation DC and 20 Maximum Spell Points.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pawpaw2000 View Post
    The past life is +1 Transmutation DC and 20 Maximum Spell Points.
    Cool! So we don’t have to worry about running Alchemists past the first life for completionist.

If someone figures out an overpowering build, you can crank out racials. (I don’t think Alch Vistani dagger thrower will be OP but I could be wrong) If it isn’t, then just one life and can ignore it.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

This idea was tossed around internally for a while but was cut before ever getting implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    The description text of the actual Alchemist Spellcasting feat icon has a bit too much of the letter "n" in it. Maybe they were supposed to be line breaks ?
    Yeah, the tooltip is a formatting mess in game at the moment. Will get cleaned up and more legible by release.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    The Reaction UI element is way way too large. There's no reason I need to see it from 30 feet away. Make it something on the same order as the Runearm charging graphic (which itself is probably larger than it needs to be too and often blocks my view).

Honestly all I need is two colored pips somewhere near my character. Dont trip over your own feet trying to make it fancy - its impressive for the first few days, but something simple and straightfoward is preferable in the long term, more function than form.
    The Reaciton UI is entirely placeholder as listed in the known issues on the OP. Most of the visuals for Alchemist made it in for the preview but the finalized UI was not ready yet. Will pass the note along about the size!

Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    So was testing this part on Lama, is this the actual intended end game feature of Alchemist and currently not fully functioning on lama?

Atm on lama there is essentially 4 reactive states: Orange, Green, Purple, and no state.
    Red + Blue would put me into purple, then casting yellow instead of putting me into orange or green cancelled out my reactive state. To which I would then have to cast red or blue again to put me into one of those states, cancel that one out, then cast the desired color again to put myself back into purple.
    Right, yeah the way you have described is how it is currently working and how we currently intend for it to work. The description you quoted was from an earlier version (sorry, my fault. So much info in these release notes and so many different versions over the past few months). We changed it to the current implementation in conjunction with increasing the length of reaction spikes to 12 seconds (up from 4 seconds when the old system was in place). We wanted it to be a bigger deal to do a reaction spike and thus made both the process a little longer and the reward for doing it much better.

That being said, we're still looking at how it all feels and plays in action. Let us know how it feels playing around with it.
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    [*]Alchemical Studies: Pyrite: +1 Caster level with spells that match either of the two colors in your study. (requires Alchemist 4)[*]Alchemical Studies: Verudite: +1 Caster level with spells that match either of the two colors in your study. (requires Alchemist 4)[*]Alchemical Studies: Orchidium: +1 Caster level with spells that match either of the two colors in your study. (requires Alchemist 4)
    In testing, each one of these adds +1 levels to 2 different casting colors. If you take 2 of them they don't stack for the overlapping color. Is this working as intended or should it be +2 caster level on overlap? If not, then a tooltip to avoid doubling up for this purpose would be nice for launch. (I was hoping to do a 18/2 build and get the full +15 off elemental skin by doing 2 of 'em)

A target self meta-toggle for spells/admixtures would be really nice too (actually that'd be nice for pretty much all my caster builds).
    Last edited by rabidfox; 01-15-2020 at 06:22 PM.

Comments here do not take into account enhancements at all (which I have some strong feelings on).

Overall, I'm pleasently suprised. It looks pretty good-ok. The state swapping will take a bit of getting used to, and reminds me of monk, but there's space for that in the game.

An itemized list of points of interest:

--BAB is too high. Like other academics, they should be 0.5/lvl. Let enhancements or spells raise it for the more martial oriented types.

--Battalion Brew is too much. I expect rogs, arty's and art/rogs to spend 4 lvls on alchemist for the insightful reflexes and battalion brew. Arty, rog, and wizard have to go harper for this (although they can each get half of it organically). Sorc and Bard can only get half of this.

--Didn't see accelerate spell on the class feat list.

--Many/most spells should not have a verbal component.

Level 1 spells:

--Crimsonite spells have Max Caster levels of 10. Many wiz/sorc 1st level damage spells cap out at lvl 5. Even scorch (lvl 2) caps out at 5d6+10. This seems a bit unbalanced. I recommend 5 MCL.

--Empty bottle being as much damage as an explosive bottle... come on... That should not scale with caster level at all, or even count as a spell. It should just be a freebie that burns 1 mat for the effect--very cantripy.

--Cure disease and poison aoe at lvl 1. Ok that's new, but I don't see it as unbalancing. Gives those 1st level spell slots something to do at higher levels.

Lvl 2 spells:

--Greater Venom Vial (1d6+2 Poison in an AoE) does that scale, and if so what's the MCL? It should not exceed fireball/acid blast/lightning bolt.

--All other crimsonite spells seem very weak.

--AoE restore at lvl 3 seems a bit OP.

Lvl 3 spells:

--Why is the Molotov Cocktail on 15 sp when firewall is 25?

--Iron shavings is a new and interesting effect.

--AoE GRestore also seems OP at lvl 6.

--GH (self only) at lvl 6 maybe a bit much...

Lvl 4 spells:

--Corrosive dust seems cool and better than arty options. Why does it have a MCL of 10? Can't even get the spell until lvl 9 so that's not much scaling. Shouldn't it be about 15? Besides, all the lvl 1 stuff caps at lvl 10 too (although I think they should cap at 5).

--Yay! More stat damage attacks as noob traps! (Sort of...)

--Voltaic Burst and Vein Freeze seem worthwhile, interesting, and possibly should be crimsonite instead?

Level 5 spells:

--Flesh to Gold AoE. Fun times! Why isn't it the same type as the single target version?

--Flashbang stun if blinded? That really doesn't make any sense to me. It would make more sense if it stunned instead, and blinded if already stunned, or, better yet just have 2 separate effects with separate saves.

Lvl 6 spells:

--Gold breath is unexpectedly weird.

--Yay! Stat damage again--almost like it meant something.

--Dust of Confusion (not subjugation?) is person and not monster because... only persons are affected by mind-influencing drugs?

Thanks for the read.
    Last edited by CaptainSpacePony; 01-15-2020 at 07:41 PM. Reason: forgot a point
    Cilon can be found on Orien.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast