Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cocomajobo View Post
    [B][COLOR=#FF0000]

Miscellaneous
    • Guild Airship Officer Dubgar no longer sells guild airship buffs or transport npcs. He still supplies training dummies, crafting stations and guild chests.
    Since you are removing the buffs from the Cargo Hold, some questions come to mind;
    1) Will you be removing the Astral Shard requirements to purchase the permanent airship buffs? (or at least significantly lowering) Otherwise, it appears as if you are forcing us to fork over cash to have a completely upgraded buff set? I can afford the Platinum version of the +5% Experience shrine, I CAN'T afford the Astral Shards to have that same 5% shrine
    2) I saw no mention of the (main) cargo hold amenities of Orien Mailbox, Auction House, Kundarak Banker and the Tavern being kept? Please say this isn't so! yes, there is a permanent version, but that doesn't include a tavern. and yes, there is a tavern. But with guilds with a large amount of members, you really want a bunch of them standing around 1 tavern to repair, bank and get their mail?........Not me!
    3) Will you be adding NEW permanent amenities for the several UNUSED spots on the Daedelan Kraken (largest ship) not to mention all the additional upperdeck spaces that only seem to be there as cosmetics?

I sure hope you are just not mentioning much about this because as a guild leader, trust me, I am all about having to spend less of my plat each month but I hope the move doesn't take my build airship backwards in it's current amenities simply because I can no longer purchase the amenities my guild has enjoyed since the inception of Airships

Koz

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dunklezhan View Post
    I appreciate this was always going to happen at some point, it was said up front when the new guild buffs came in so I can't *complain* as such. However, please reconsider this change.

The ability to have tavern, bank, auctioneer and mailbox in super close proximity was really, really useful, we have *always* paid to keep those in our hold. The transport NPCs were the next most useful and for the same reasons. Elemental buffs and others are less useful to us but perhaps more so to others. Please reconsider the list of 'still allowed' buffs. I can only think of the old elemental buffs which could cause a 'power' issue, but all the non-quest utility "buffs" (are they really "buffs"?) seriously benefits from the better proximity compared to having to have run between or constantly swap in an out airship rooms.
    I wonder if its partially to do with the length of time ship facilities take to refresh after down times? Maybe the old code used for the legacy guild stuff doesn't play nice with the new stuff.

Founder
    Guild Leader - Death Smiles

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Guild Airship Officer Dubgar no longer sells guild airship buffs or transport npcs. He still supplies training dummies, crafting stations and guild chests.

Okay now I'm severely displeased. What about the AH/mailbox/bank/tavern keep? They aren't buffs but conveniences. The XP shrine? My little family guild just earned the 5% guild XP shrine. My kids use the elem resis but I guess I can make more of an effort to make sure either their equip has augments or they have access to wands. Of course that's just more busy work for me without increasing anyone's fun... but hey its not like this is a game or anything.
    This is clear evidence that all of these egregious nerfs, from collectors edition items, universal trees, ranged, melee, and caster DPS are the result of the Hardcore League season 1 where a minority of hardcore players complained that hardcore league was too easy.

This change should not go live on any server but the hardcore league server, which should be a sub-server running an independent ruleset geared towards the population who wishes to play on it.
    **Master of the Beyond**

Quote Originally Posted by KingKoz View Post
    Since you are removing the buffs from the Cargo Hold, some questions come to mind;
    1) Will you be removing the Astral Shard requirements to purchase the permanent airship buffs? (or at least significantly lowering) Otherwise, it appears as if you are forcing us to fork over cash to have a completely upgraded buff set? I can afford the Platinum version of the +5% Experience shrine, I CAN'T afford the Astral Shards to have that same 5% shrine
    2) I saw no mention of the (main) cargo hold amenities of Orien Mailbox, Auction House, Kundarak Banker and the Tavern being kept? Please say this isn't so! yes, there is a permanent version, but that doesn't include a tavern. and yes, there is a tavern. But with guilds with a large amount of members, you really want a bunch of them standing around 1 tavern to repair, bank and get their mail?........Not me!
    3) Will you be adding NEW permanent amenities for the several UNUSED spots on the Daedelan Kraken (largest ship) not to mention all the additional upperdeck spaces that only seem to be there as cosmetics?

I sure hope you are just not mentioning much about this because as a guild leader, trust me, I am all about having to spend less of my plat each month but I hope the move doesn't take my build airship backwards in it's current amenities simply because I can no longer purchase the amenities my guild has enjoyed since the inception of Airships

Koz
    I am all for filling in the unused State Room and Hold Room slots on the largest Guild airships such as the Daedalean Kraken, especially now that the Cargo Hold buffs are going away. Below are my suggestions for new airship amenities to be used on the Decks instead of the Cargo Hold:

1) Epic Green Steel Crafting State Room;

2) Class Trainers State Room or Hold Room;

3) and Device Workshop Hold Room.

I looked over the DDO Wiki and I'm not sure how many empty slots are on the Kraken at the moment. SSG may have to add a second State Room slot on the Kraken's 4th Deck to accommodate my suggestions above as there appears to be only one free State Room slot. The Class Trainers could be a Hold Room like the Hirelings Tavern, however.

https://ddowiki.com/page/Guild_Airships

Community Member

Default Sortable Shared Bank is Awesome!

Thank you for this change! Dealing with gear and checking/eliminating duplicates was extremely difficult without this functionality. My pack rat tendencies now have some tools to help keep them in line...

Community Member

Default New Epic Loot

I didn't have a lot of time to do a great deal of complete side by side comparison but I did get a chance to look at some of the newer epic loot with an eye toward seeing what could be used to fill the mid-epic gap. i.e. rather than wearing heroic Ravenloft or Sharn sets until switching over to legendary at level 29...

While the new level 23 loot looks like it might be useful for filling some of those mid-epic slots, I felt that there was a bit of overlap between some of the gear stats and strength with the epic gear from Keep on the Borderlands, fiery, alchemical silver, etc. The level 27 gear did not feel like a good value in stats or abilities so close to switching over to legendary at level 29. I started feeling like it might be nicer if the lower level epic gear came in at level 24-25 and was beefed up up a bit then the progression might be something like Ravenloft -> Sharn/Tethyamar/Eveningstar -> Keep on the Border -> New Epic Loot -> Legendary and that might be a smoother upgrade curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyriani View Post
    You guys really hate fun, don't you? Old weapons with unique crit profiles have always been some of the most fun items in the game. My husband and I came back a month ago only for him to quit again as soon as he read these patch notes, because you guys are killing so much of what makes the game FUN. If ranged was in such a better place, why not bring melee up to match instead of nerfing ranged, which has been amazing for YEARS and never been a problem, into the ground?

If you're trying to do balancing for the hardcore league, then you should really have a separate set of balance changes that affect only that server. It's really unfair to the rest of us who hate the idea and were never going to touch it.

yeah I do agree with this. The ratcatcher crossbow is an old weapon that just had a unique crit profile. It was hardly ever used ... until inquisitive came around.

I do not think it should be nerfed because of the inquisitive tree. It was nice seeing people finding a use for an old weapon that synergized with their build.

• Shared Bank
    • There is now a Sorting Dropdown panel in the Shared Account Bank to allow the items in the account bank to be sorted in based on any of the following ways
      • Most Recently Added
      • Oldest First
      • Item Name (A-Z)
      • Item Name (Z-A)
      • Minimum Level (1-30)
      • Minimum Level (30-1)

• There is now a text field in the Shared Account bank in order to filter by minimum level range
    • There is now a dropdown panel in the Shared Account Bank to allow filtering based on Item Slot. You can isolate any of the following item slots
      • All
      • Weapon
      • Shield
      • Runearm
      • Armor
      • Eyes
      • Head
      • Neck
      • Trinket
      • Cloak
      • Waist
      • Rings
      • Hands
      • Feet
      • Wrists
      • Quiver
      • Cosmetic Weapon
      • Cosmetic Armor
      • Cosmetic Headwear
      • Cosmetic Cloak

shared bank filtering is really great - thank you.

I am not sure if others would find this helpful, but would it be possible to add a similar filter for the CRAFTING STORAGE ? with a dropdown panel that filters for:

• Collectables
    • Ingredients
    • Augments
    • Ammunition
    • Filigrees

Community Member

Default Guild Buffs

Hello thank you for the changes to the bank-sorting system.

With regards to the Guild Ship Buff changes,

===
    Guild Airship Officer Dubgar no longer sells guild airship buffs or transport npcs. He still supplies training dummies, crafting stations and guild chests.
    ===

I understand from reading the posts that the resist buffs / other NPC buffs are disappearing for HC balance reasons.

Do we still have access to non-shard alternatives for teleportation and experience (i.e. 2% Shrine which we could pay for via plat). Please also let us retain the mailbox/bank/tavern vendors. The EXP shrine alternative is prohibitively expensive in terms of astral-shards - it's already hard enough for us small-time guilds to keep up with the big guilds and attract players!

Thanks for your consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by grrowler View Post
    shared bank filtering is really great - thank you.

I am not sure if others would find this helpful, but would it be possible to add a similar filter for the CRAFTING STORAGE ? with a dropdown panel that filters for:

• Collectables
    • Ingredients
    • Augments
    • Ammunition
    • Filigrees
    Oooh yes +1
    My take on "the grind": https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6220972

Ordinary humans have inhibitions that serve as a buffer against what we know is bad behavior.
    However, some people, by blaming others for their own bad behavior, develop a thought pattern that allows them to override self-control in order to achieve a selfish end.
    - My opinion on exploiters and cheaters blaming SSG for unfair punishment.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Edwinge View Post
    I am not surprised at all that Ratcatcher is being nerfed. It is too strong of a weapon. I am surprised that the nerf is so minimal. I was telling others before today that I had an idea of how you'd go about nerfing it. My idea does not line up with this, but I still like it and want to share it as a potential alternative for your consideration.

My idea would be to change the critical threat range on this to the standard 19-20 but then add Keen I to it. This would maintain it's power level for most builds when you can first use it (and when you have fewer stacking bonuses to make it really excel). It's luster, however, will fade as people pick up the Improved Critical: Ranged feat. I believe that your proposed change will keep the weapon still very competitive into epic levels. I feel that my suggestion would cause it's competitiveness to wane more quickly and encourage more people to move to something else sooner.
    The problem with that statement is that there are so few named light or heavy crossbows, add some more to the game and your statement might hold water.

Default Preview Closed

U45 Preview 1 has ended. Lamannia has closed. Thank you to everyone who took the time to hop into the server and preview the new features. If you have any additional feedback please place it in the lamannia section of the forums (IE: This section)
    Tell me about any and all bugs you encounter by clicking here!

NOTE: Submitting a bug in this manner is not a quick fix for past occurrences; it is instead a means of bringing issues to our attention to prevent future occurrences for both you and others. Providing detailed information, especially specifics about your account and character as well as what steps you took leading up to the issue, are critical to us being able to pinpoint the cause of any problems you have encountered.

Community Member

If you have any additional feedback please place it in the lamannia section of the forums (IE: This section)
    You are aware of the perception that you release an OP premium class, then nerf it right before releasing the next OP premium class. You said it's untrue and I believe you.

However, if U45 goes live anywhere close to what it was here, you're guilty of doing just that. You're gutting ranged builds in favor of alch throwers, which are every bit as broken as the thing you just said needs to be fixed. You can't claim coincidence or that you weren't aware. You know the perception, so it's up to you to show us it's wrong. What you do matters more than what you say.

Squirrel Enthusiast Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar

UI
    [LIST][*]Feats
    • If you are ineligible to take a Feat due to an antirequisite, the tooltip of the feat will now display this information.
    • Class Level Requirements for feats that required class levels in one of many different classes, such as the Spell Penetration feat, now display their class level requirements in a more concise and clear manner that better illustrates if you've met any of the requirements.
    • Feat Categories should no longer erroneously require character level 21
    Any chance you could create a feat Artificers can take for both Hand And A Half melee weapons? (Bastard sword and Dwarven Waraxe)

Just create two feats and allow us to choose one as a free class feat at level 1!

"Hand and a half weapons" (Grants Proficiency with Bastard Swords and Dwarven Waraxes)

and

"Exotic Crossbows" (Grants proficiency with Great crossbows, light repeating crossbows, and heavy repeating crossbows)

Otherwise you are giving a free feats for proficiency with Great crossbows, light repeating crossbows, and heavy repeating crossbows to all artificers, some of whom won't even use such, please let us choose between these two rather than force us to have the ranged weapon proficiency!

Melee artificer builds are a little feat starved, combining bastard sword and dwarven waraxe proficiency into a single feat will allow us to train our augment summoning feats without sacrificing a melee viability related feat, especially if we are given the choice between some those proficiencies or the ones we get automatically now!

If we choose the hand and a half feat selection, just give us the precision feat rather than the rapid reload feat!

Community Member

-20% damage from IPS and -4% from my guild xp shrine (can't afford more than the 1% shard one--over 1400 AS to upgrade?!?--but happy to buy plat-based 5% ones since I have almost no use for plat) = much longer levelling experiences. My guild, despite being over lvl 100, can't afford a ship with enough slots for a Farshifter so there will be a whole lot of extra time running around or begging for airship invites (which is tricky when I have to solo most of the time due to small player pool). This is massively sucko, and utterly unnecessary.

I put a lot of work, taking a lot of favour, into levelling my guild up for years so I could buy those 5% shrines. And please stuff it with the wannabe-lawyer arguments of "but, but, 7 years ago they said it would happen eventually!" Enough time has passed that it was a reasonable expectation that they would be left alone. If you want to redesign resist shrines to scale to character level, fine I guess, but leave the rest of the cargo hold alone.

If you're going to insist on wiping out the last communal space on guildships, then add a new hookpoint on the deck of all guild ship models so we can put the bank, AH, mailbox *and tavern* (so you can repair, heal, and swap spells quickly) back on the main deck like it used to be. Remember when it used to look nice and busy when you stepped on the ship? It would also be a nice QoL change as it would eliminate another zoning to get to them. Having to run around to 2 different rooms to find the tavern and then the bank/ah/mail is just silly, and actively diminishes QoL. Also, convert cargo hold space into some additional hook points on smaller guild ships to compensate for what we're losing from the cargo room, and consider lowering the ridiculous AS prices for some of the shrines.

All of this said, 90% of U45 is a massive kick in the shorts to my toons (no, not Inq), toons I was looking forward to running next (also not Inq), and playing experience overall, so not sure I'll stick around if it rolls out as proposed.

[*]Rangers may now train Favored Enemy: Vermin whenever they could select a Favored Enemy.
    Spiders and scorpions avaunt!

@ Devs - could you add Fey in there as well, while you're at it, just for completeness? It's also MIA.

Community Member

[*]Guild Airship Officer Dubgar no longer sells guild airship buffs or transport npcs. He still supplies training dummies, crafting stations and guild chests.
    finally!
    HC was a joke due to resistances.
    i was able to animate some vets to play again, in a selffound 1st-lifers only static group. we only use the modern shipbuffs and i must say, that all the content is way more thrilling
    (we don't have any amenities yet tho lol.. a small problem was nasty )

Default The Big Question

The big question I have is WILL there be another preview of U45, I got a taste of alchemist and what I saw I REALLY liked.
    When I am good I am very good and when I am bad I am better

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    You are aware of the perception that you release an OP premium class, then nerf it right before releasing the next OP premium class. You said it's untrue and I believe you.

However, if U45 goes live anywhere close to what it was here, you're guilty of doing just that. You're gutting ranged builds in favor of alch throwers, which are every bit as broken as the thing you just said needs to be fixed. You can't claim coincidence or that you weren't aware. You know the perception, so it's up to you to show us it's wrong. What you do matters more than what you say.
    i didn't buy inquisitive and won't be buying alchemist

if what you say is true (and i have no reason to believe otherwise) i for one would rather the devs just not nerf inq/ranged at all

as a universal tree other people can have an easier time getting past lives than 11/9 builds, and non-inq ranged who were already severely underpowered won't get hammered

Quote Originally Posted by Kinerd View Post
    epic delera's can mean only one thing

epic threnal is coming
    (Ominous music plays in the background as I read this!)
    "Swords will cut you wide open!" - Trip Fisk

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast