Default A Modest Proposal - Auto Completion

You're going through a quest, you're having a good time, then two fights from the end it bugs out and can't be completed. We've all been there, and we all know submitting a ticket will probably take longer than just rerunning the quest from scratch, both of which are very frustrating options.

But what if we could activate an option that after 20 minutes would automatically complete the next main objective in a quest?

Now we would know exactly when we would receive assistance and exactly how effective that assistance would be (i.e. completely).
    People who don't want to use the option would never have to.
    We would dramatically reduce the strain on a clearly overtaxed support system.

Everybody wins.

Including, of course, people who would use the system as a literal easy button, completing quests without playing the game at all.

So what?

We already give away experience for free in the daily rolls.
    At 20 minutes per main objective they'll never get as good exp per time as they would by playing.
    If they're not interested in playing but are in easy buttoning we're maintaining customers who otherwise wouldn't be around.

Everybody wins.

Certainly there will be some fine tuning needed, maybe 25 minutes would be better than 20, possibly it could be limited uses per day, perhaps some quests (all raids?) can have the button disabled, yadda yadda yadda.

Quest auto completion, ddo store, 100 ddo points, coming soon.

Not a sarcasm, i really think one day we might see it.

PS: actually if you choose one objective quest (hox for example, i know its raid, but it's the first thing i tought about), you can go r10, enjoy 20k rxp, +435435 reaper bonus items and get completion faster than running it the normal way (im even not talking about 3hrs looking for party). Honestly i've got no intention of skipping anything, but that way it would be much faster, easier, profitable and i would do it as often as possible.
    Last edited by Gniewomir; 01-13-2020 at 01:13 PM.

Great Idea

Enter on R10 submit ticket immediately kill 10 mobs non pot user stays logged in pot users log out auto complete pot users relog tada nice juicy Rxp awarded no way to take advantage of that at all is there
    Main 100+ Lives ( 42/42 HTR - 15/21 ITR - 43/48 ETR - 12/14 RAP - 32/36 RTR - 93/158 ), Jynxer - Completionist ( 22/42 HTR - 7/21 ITR - 12/36 ETR - 2/14 RAP - 1/36 RTR - 36/158 ), SoulDuster - Completionist ( 15x HTR 3x ETR 20/158 ) BlakReign - 1st Life Reaper https://ibb.co/album/k1hMqa https://ibb.co/album/g0yuAa https://ibb.co/album/bXjCWF

Quote Originally Posted by Mglaxix View Post
    Great Idea

Enter on R10 submit ticket immediately kill 10 mobs non pot user stays logged in pot users log out auto complete pot users relog tada nice juicy Rxp awarded no way to take advantage of that at all is there
    if someone would rather spend an hour or whatever logged out of game than playing it, the proposed system at least gets them to log back in

this is better than if they didn't, therefore the proposed system is better than the status quo

Quote Originally Posted by Gniewomir View Post
    Quest auto completion, ddo store, 100 ddo points, coming soon.

Not a sarcasm, i really think one day we might see it.

PS: actually if you choose one objective quest (hox for example, i know its raid, but it's the first thing i tought about), you can go r10, enjoy 20k rxp, +435435 reaper bonus items and get completion faster than running it the normal way (im even not talking about 3hrs looking for party). Honestly i've got no intention of skipping anything, but that way it would be much faster, easier, profitable and i would do it as often as possible.
    that was one of the quests i had in mind for having the button disabled, yes. one would guess most one objective quests, in fact

but to your point about 3 hrs looking for a party, i think it would be a feature, not a bug, to allow people to complete wildly unpopular content without such time sinks, sinks that will only grow deeper as the population shrinks. these are detail points that would have to be considered on a quest by quest basis, of course

Or . . . you could recall and do the quest again, taking, in all probability, less than 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinerd View Post
    if someone would rather spend an hour or whatever logged out of game than playing it, the proposed system at least gets them to log back in

this is better than if they didn't, therefore the proposed system is better than the status quo
    You proposed 20 to 25 minutes for auto complete why would anyone need to log for an hour. It certainly wouldn't take an hour to kill 10 mobs after opening the ticket immediately after quest entry.
    Main 100+ Lives ( 42/42 HTR - 15/21 ITR - 43/48 ETR - 12/14 RAP - 32/36 RTR - 93/158 ), Jynxer - Completionist ( 22/42 HTR - 7/21 ITR - 12/36 ETR - 2/14 RAP - 1/36 RTR - 36/158 ), SoulDuster - Completionist ( 15x HTR 3x ETR 20/158 ) BlakReign - 1st Life Reaper https://ibb.co/album/k1hMqa https://ibb.co/album/g0yuAa https://ibb.co/album/bXjCWF

Community Member

Coming soon to a store near you: DDO Idle!

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    Or . . . you could recall and do the quest again, taking, in all probability, less than 20 minutes.
    yes, that would still be an option. for quests that break frequently or for those considerably longer than 20 minutes, this option would be superior

Quote Originally Posted by Mglaxix View Post
    You proposed 20 to 25 minutes for auto complete why would anyone need to log for an hour. It certainly wouldn't take an hour to kill 10 mobs after opening the ticket immediately after quest entry.
    for auto complete of the next main objective, and as already discussed for quests with only one main objective it would be possible and advisable to apply a different time

Quote Originally Posted by Kinerd View Post
    yes, that would still be an option. for quests that break frequently or for those considerably longer than 20 minutes, this option would be superior
    Hmm, which is superior, the option that is NOT capable of being exploited, or the one that IS? From the devs perspective, it's always going to be the one that CAN'T be exploited.

If a quest is breaking FREQUENTLY, you need to bug report it. Me, I can't remember the last time I had a quest break twice *in a row*.

Community Member

Sooo if I'm patient enough I can just AFK at the beginning of a R10 quest solo and get all the free XP...

Also, easily botted. You'd just set it overnight or whenever you werent on your computer and get free quest completions.

You'd LITERALLY be turning the game into Progress Quest lol

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBlonde View Post
    Hmm, which is superior, the option that is NOT capable of being exploited, or the one that IS? From the devs perspective, it's always going to be the one that CAN'T be exploited.

If a quest is breaking FREQUENTLY, you need to bug report it. Me, I can't remember the last time I had a quest break twice *in a row*.
    i concede in the first post that it CAN be exploited, and detail how i still think the pros outweigh the cons. merely reiterating that it can be exploited is not responsive

and because i faithfully send bug reports, i know you must be joking about that

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Sooo if I'm patient enough I can just AFK at the beginning of a R10 quest solo and get all the free XP...

Also, easily botted. You'd just set it overnight or whenever you werent on your computer and get free quest completions.

You'd LITERALLY be turning the game into Progress Quest lol
    So what?

We already give away experience for free in the daily rolls.
    At 20 minutes per main objective they'll never get as good exp per time as they would by playing.
    If they're not interested in playing but are in easy buttoning we're maintaining customers who otherwise wouldn't be around.

Everybody wins.

Community Member

Default People have said this.

Park in quest while making dinner.

Park in quest while doing homework.

Park in quest while brushing teeth and taking shower.

Park in "the Pit" while on a grocery run.

Here is the trick....

1) Make it not work on raids or reaper above r4.

2) Only usable once per week. (Trigger it by typing /bugged)

3) Cannot be used on the same quest twice in the same month.

4) Consumes the weekly charge for everyone in party not just whoever activates it. Yes people will do this maliciously to remove other's charges but just squelch them. Also this means that everyone in dungeon at time of activation must have their weekly charge intact.

5) Time in quest is 25 minute minimum.

6) Cannot be used if anyone in party is below the base level of the quest (bypassed by being at level 30). Yep, no using this for free legendary completion while leveling.

7) Cannot be used if less than two people are alive in the quest. (No retroactively reversing wipes unless two people have jibbers which is possible but you will probably try rezzing party anyway at that point)

8) Activating the ability sends a bug report to developers along with the account and character ID of whoever activated it.

9) By using this ability you accept that any developer can inflict a penalty on your character without needing verified cause and at ANY TIME. This penalty will be limited but can be administered even after a tr and loosing 30k xp at level 3 would suck. This last one might happen if devs look at a list of a thousand players who all used this ability on one legendary quest on R4 and decide its not bugged and these players have abused the ability. They could mass release a penalty.

This may sound totally useless but that is the point. It should only help you if you spent 30 minutes doing a quest you could have completed otherwise with a group of 2+ people and quest bugged out. If you are in higher reaper or a raid then submit a bug report so a dev can check you aren't abusing the system.

Even the way it is, devs won't like this if it occurs to them that people will use this to skip one particularly nasty boss fight once a week. (Although threat of penalizing everyone on the list of who used ability for this quest might limit that attitude)

This is not meant to help players by any stretch of the imagination but the support team who will have a big chunk of their bug reports cut away. It could also have a sort system so that devs can see which quests are the most buggy on a chart.