Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Any word on level range?

So with the upcoming new class we will obviously get a content pack to go along with it. Has there been any whispers of the level range? Are we going to get a much-needed breath of new life in mid-epics, or more ML29 stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by smokejumper89 View Post
    So with the upcoming new class we will obviously get a content pack to go along with it. Has there been any whispers of the level range? Are we going to get a much-needed breath of new life in mid-epics, or more ML29 stuff?
    I have seen no discussions or even hints that there'd be any new dungeons in Update 45.
    "A wise person chooses the right road; a fool takes the wrong one." - Author unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Community Member

Yeah the only new content that's been talked about is Isle of Dread and that's still a long ways off, probably mid 2020 as an expansion. No reason to expect new quests in U45.

Also its a little unfair to say that we've only been getting Legendary stuff. Keep was entirely low-Epic, which filled a need there. WPM included content from 21 to 25. There's still a big threadbare patch between 23-26, but its not like its being totally ignored - it just takes a long time to make one pack, and a lot of different concerns to address with new content. They're getting to everything in due time, it just takes time.

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

So with the upcoming new class we will obviously get a content pack to go along with it. Has there been any whispers of the level range?
    Yes, there will definitely be a level range.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    I have seen no discussions or even hints that there'd be any new dungeons in Update 45.
    When have they ever released a new race/class without also including a couple dungeons to tell the story?

Community Manager

Update 45 does not have a new adventure pack in it, but does add higher-level options to two existing adventure packs. You'll read more about it soon.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Update 45 does not have a new adventure pack in it, but does add higher-level options to two existing adventure packs. You'll read more about it soon.
    Legendary Threnal and Delera? Who doesn't need more Coyle in their life?

Legendary Delera's complete with Legendary Carnifex. Seems timely with THF changes.

Perhaps these two updated packs are were the new trinkets will be found.
    Kobeyashi | Ying

Community Member

When have they ever released a new race/class without also including a couple dungeons to tell the story?
    Wood elf. Aasimar. Warlock.

In fact the only build options that are routinely tied to new content are Iconics, which have all (IIRC) come with expansions.

Community Member

I almost mentioned this but I didnt know if it was just a loot update or if anything was getting Epic-ified too

Epic Tear of Dhakaan!
    Last edited by droid327; 01-10-2020 at 03:28 PM.

Community Member

Reaver's Reach/Tower of Dispair and I will never say another bad thing about DDO or the devs. I'll be DDO fanboy #1 forum Paladin.
    Stratis on Khyber

Want to know my build?
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...il-of-the-Bard

And there I hoped Lost Seekers would get epic version...

Hmmmmmm, these are the packs that are not currently epic level. Let the speculation begin!

Catacombs - sounds interesting, especially with the wide variety of loot
    Seal of Shan-To-Kor - another choice for low level epic loot
    Tangleroot Gorge - I don't see this going epic
    Sharn Syndicate - would be interesting to add more low level epic loot
    Necropolis 1-3 - I don't see much point in these being epic, although an epic silver flame talisman sounds interesting
    Delera's Tomb - epic carnifex to coincide with new THF changes
    Sorrowdusk - I like this pack, and would love to see it epic'd
    Ruins of Threnal - meh
    Restless Isles - dear gods, no...I sincerely hope this isn't the 'new raid' we've been hearing rumors about
    Attack on Stormreach - I don't see this going epic
    Reaver's Reach - people have been asking for epic dragontouched armors for years
    Reign of Madness - never been a fan of this pack
    Harbinger of Madness - it would be interesting to see a legendary Insanity greatsword
    Path of Inspiration - I would love to see legendary quori content
    Dreaming Dark - like IQ, I would love to see this as legendary content, perhaps give some clues to a quori-based expansion, yes? Maybe?
    Devils of Shavarath - we've been told multiple times that epic ToD was not really on the horizon
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    Hmmmmmm, these are the packs that are not currently epic level. Let the speculation begin!
    Necropolis 1-3 - I don't see much point in these being epic, although an epic silver flame talisman sounds interesting
    Ruins of Threnal - meh
    Reaver's Reach - people have been asking for epic dragontouched armors for years
    Dreaming Dark - like IQ, I would love to see this as legendary content, perhaps give some clues to a quori-based expansion, yes? Maybe?
    - Necro 3...Epic Tomb of the Tormented would be the trolliest thing ever Honestly the quests in 2-3 are all kinda long and sloggy, with annoying mechanics like Blight and way too many phasing mobs. I wouldnt want to have to constantly flag for Epic Shadow Crypt.
    - Oh come on you know Epic Ratcatcher would blow the game up
    - I like AoS, that'd be a fun one to run at L25-6 or so. Epic Falchion would be great for 2HF, with epic Vamp+Bodyfeeder. Siegebreaker I feel is a very underappreciated quest, and Blockade Buster is a fantastic example of how to build a quest that favors melee.
    - I dont think anyone wants Dragontouched armor now that armor is the swing piece in all the named sets...plus, ugh, those quests are troublesome too. Chess puzzle in EtK, end fights in EtK and Monastery that are way overtuned. Needs redesign work before its ready for Epic.
    - DD and IQ are already pretty high level to epic-ify. Though Epic DD loot could be interesting, there's definitely some potential there for interesting Sentient weapons depending on what mlvl they put it at. Epic Jeets could be really challenging with the cave traps though, and the DD quest itself is annoying with a purple named boss that does way too much CHA damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyfiel View Post
    Legendary Threnal and Delera? Who doesn't need more Coyle in their life?

Legendary Threnal would mean legendary Ratcatcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauven View Post
    Legendary Threnal would mean legendary Ratcatcher.
    They likely redid the heroic gear and that would have been nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post

Catacombs - sounds interesting, especially with the wide variety of loot
    Seal of Shan-To-Kor - another choice for low level epic loot
    Tangleroot Gorge - I don't see this going epic
    Sharn Syndicate - would be interesting to add more low level epic loot
    Delera's Tomb - epic carnifex to coincide with new THF changes
    Sorrowdusk - I like this pack, and would love to see it epic'd
    Ruins of Threnal - meh
    Restless Isles - dear gods, no...I sincerely hope this isn't the 'new raid' we've been hearing rumors about
    Reign of Madness - never been a fan of this pack
    Harbinger of Madness - it would be interesting to see a legendary Insanity greatsword
    Devils of Shavarath - we've been told multiple times that epic ToD was not really on the horizon

Few of these would be challenging with simply epic stats, Xoriat 1-2 and IQ1-2 perhaps. I guess static loot would be likely new stuff if any.

Amrath reward is potions, ..Alchemist, could be
    Azdaf the Wary (Yugoloth Alchemist)

It's not Necropolis. Doesn't make sense to upgrade two packs but not the third.

It's not Amrath, as that would include the raid. We already have ToD part 2 in KT.

It's not Reaver's Reach -- at least not with dragontouched armor. All the endgame set bonuses require the armor slot. We really don't need more mid-epic level armors.

Tangleroot Gorge can't be run on Reaper difficulty. So unless that's been fixed, don't see it happening.

Sharn Syndicate is a bit too short to make higher level versions. Not that I'd mind for fast XP, but there are better choices.

I'd put my money on Path of Inspiration+Dreaming Dark or Reign of Madness+Harbinger of Madness. Much simpler to think about and design "IQ loot" or "Madness loot" instead of two different loot contexts. More I think about it, the former is most likely since Dreaming Dark has ioun stone trinkets and trinkets were planned to be released after Sharn.
    Last edited by Carpone; 01-10-2020 at 06:07 PM.
    Kobeyashi | Ying

I bet ya'll its House Cannith.
    Cannith fits thematically with alchemist, and is one of the newest old packs.
    Also, the quests out there are very quirky and fun.
    Without new players DDO will go the way of the dodo.
    r10 @ 30 stuff, Sorc Build Guide, Ghallanda

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    Legendary Delera's complete with Legendary Carnifex. Seems timely with THF changes.

Perhaps these two updated packs are were the new trinkets will be found.
    Greataxe isn't a favored weapon or part of KT, otherwise maybe? Would be pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    Epic Tear of Dhakaan!
    I'd be so down for that. One of my favorite quests
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast