Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Community Member

Default Instead of Nerf's please devote time to game improvement

As the title says. I don't care if you nerf something, I'll just play something else. Frankly I don't see why all the Inqui hate as there are 3 better dps builds out there, but whatever. What bothers me is that you waste time trying to placate a few very vocal people on the forums instead of fixing things that really matter. Lag aside (I know you're working on it), there are so many quality of life improvements that you could be making instead of wasting time on inqui's. I'm not going to bother listing everything here as there have been plenty of threads asking for QOL improvements, none of which I've seen, so to me I'm not going to waste more time talking about them. Just please take this as constructive advice from someone who really cares about the game because I love it, but if you would just spend time where it really counts the game could be so much better.

Thanks.

Community Member

Nerfing things is just a higher priority. Horses were OP, so they got nerfed. Inquisitive is too useful, so its getting nerfed. Really, we cant allow the game to become too convenient, that would just be bad. Poor QOL is the one core DnD mechanic left!

Community Member

Nerfing is a way of improving the game. One of many ways.

People calling for a nerf were not a "minority."

Nerfing improves the game for folks who focus their feedback on how others play the game differently from themselves.

QoL improvements help everyone. Very worst scenario they still hurt no one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Talam View Post
    As the title says. I don't care if you nerf something, I'll just play something else. Frankly I don't see why all the Inqui hate as there are 3 better dps builds out there, but whatever. What bothers me is that you waste time trying to placate a few very vocal people on the forums instead of fixing things that really matter. Lag aside (I know you're working on it), there are so many quality of life improvements that you could be making instead of wasting time on inqui's. I'm not going to bother listing everything here as there have been plenty of threads asking for QOL improvements, none of which I've seen, so to me I'm not going to waste more time talking about them. Just please take this as constructive advice from someone who really cares about the game because I love it, but if you would just spend time where it really counts the game could be so much better.

Thanks.
    I dont think nerfing inquisitive is time consuming.
    If 50% of players are playing inqui probably something is wrong...

And actually im playing inqui.
    All want qol, but this seems more difficult and time consuming.
    In game in Cannith as
    Aborim Master (main toon) --- Nickallin (my tank)--- Jjnick (warlock 30) --- Nickpunick ()--- Nickruvido (my healer)--- Nickallinone (shuri build)
    KVP Korthos Village People

Maybe wait until Lam release notes come out before making suggestions? How do you know there isn't QoL improvements coming?

Community Member

Sometimes nerfs are qol improvements.

Community Member

I dont think Inquis needed a major tweak, though there may be edge cases I'm not fully knowledgeable about. The devs have repeatedly talked about "outlier cases" with inqui so far, so I'm holding off to see how measured their adjustments are for the rest of inquis.

Even though I'm against any sweeping drawdowns in this case, I will defend balance adjustments in general as necessary and part of QOL. When things are legitimately OP it makes it hard to balance the game for everyone else, and if you let it go then eventually the game grows around it and then you're stuck with "play XXX or be left behind". Maul wolves, I think, were an example there.

I'll also point out its a false dichotomy to say that its nerfs or improvements. You can have both. We ARE having both - U45 promises some sweeping changes across the board, I'm honestly kinda impressed how much they're promising so far...

- Updated loot with new higher-level quest options for two older packs
    - KotC update
    - THF improvements
    - Alchemist

That's a lot of things that could've all been the main feature of their own major patches.
    Last edited by droid327; 01-10-2020 at 03:41 PM.

Community Member

This nerf IS improving the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alled78 View Post
    Why should i use all my neural cells when i can go inqui and go pew pew pew ???

Community Member

As stated by others, what you so dismissively refer to as "nerfing" is in fact improving the game. Inquisitor was OP, so it is getting balanced. I'm sorry if your easy button was taken away. Have fun in your other games.
    ~ Alco Holic ~ Grlfriendaggro Pizzenmeoff ~ Rincewind the Damp ~ Sunbernt Junk ~ Ouchmy Leghurtz ~
    ~ Bobthesponge Squarethepants ~ Whaleoil Beef Hooked~
    ~Ascent~

Quote Originally Posted by droid327 View Post
    I'll also point out its a false dichotomy to say that its nerfs or improvements. You can have both. We ARE having both - U45 promises some sweeping changes across the board, I'm honestly kinda impressed how much they're promising so far...

- KotC update
    - THF improvements
    - Alchemist

That's a lot of things that could've all been the main feature of their own major patches.
    agreed, but you missed one in your list so i added it

- KotC update
    - THF improvements
    - Alchemist
    - Stealth
    Last edited by Kinerd; 01-10-2020 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaboom2112 View Post
    this nerf is improving the game.
    qft
    The Nak Abides - Argo - Ascent
    Ganak Goblinjuicer ~ Xanak the Irregular

2014 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboom2112 View Post
    This nerf IS improving the game.
    You're optimistic. We haven't seen it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    As a general rule we don't intend for a single spawn area to cause any dungeon alert, and certainly not red dungeon alert. This basically isn't ever a goal in our designs

Quote Originally Posted by AlcoArgo View Post
    As stated by others, what you so dismissively refer to as "nerfing" is in fact improving the game. Inquisitor was OP, so it is getting balanced. I'm sorry if your easy button was taken away. Have fun in your other games.
    I disagree.
    It is not improving the game, it is improving your "kills" because that's what you are angry about and request a nerf

I feel sorry for you people and i forgive your selfish, hypocritical ways.

There is no balance. There is only Chaos.
    Jaigle- Jaizle - Zhentas - Envie - EE solo album - Youtube Channel
    ex Devourer player

Community Member

I think offhand doubleshot in Inq. needs a nerf. However, in my experience it takes a lot of doubleshot for it to really pull ahead of multiclass repeater / great X-bow builds that have been in the game for years, so I don't think it needs to be nerfed from orbit as some seem to.

I like Inq. over high end multi-class repeater/ Great-Xbow builds for several reasons:

1. You can get high end ranged DPS on a much wider variety of builds. A high end repeater build is locked into at least two out of three particular trees, and you will be giving up the potential for a class capstone.
    2. You don't have to listen to a freaking repeater all the time through most of heroics.
    3. It gives light and heavy crossbows a reason to exist.
    4. You don't have to listen to a ?@%$$$! repeater all the ^*&!Q^&^** time.

If the point is to nerf Inq. at the really high end of potential DS, but leave it pretty much alone in heroics I'm all for a nerf. If an adjustment to 2hF and perhaps bows also comes down the pipe with it, even better.

If Inq. gets nerfed so hard that no sane player would ever use it, I'll be disappointed. I think it's a fun tree with a neat theme.
    Last edited by yfernbottom; 01-10-2020 at 07:26 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kinerd View Post
    agreed, but you missed one in your list so i added it

- KotC update
    - THF improvements
    - Alchemist
    - Stealth
    ISWYDT very nice

Quote Originally Posted by AlcoArgo View Post
    Just remember this has been the justification for every nerf I have been apart of since 2010. None have improved the game. Quite a few have caused player loss.

By your statement above, how do you justify Developers spending more time on Paladin before improving classes who haven't received their third tree? QoL for those players is NOT getting better and they have been waiting. "You" weren't in the majority, you simply were the squeaky wheel; that is 10 years of observance. Melee recieving a buff would have been better time spent. Again, QoL as reasoning is a misdirect.

O'well, I wonder what the community will focus on next? I have "$100" on Alchemist being the new pariah to be nerfed.
    Quote Originally Posted by hp1055cm View Post
    They have been tweaking the game since I started and often I disagree with them. They focus on wrong stuff, over or under compensate and abandon too much stuff. Every once in awhile they get something right, if only temporarily.

I would Nerf everything to 1/3 or 1/10th of current values, to make it more dnd'ish instead of wish

Also the more important the dice becomes, the funnier, right now ppl run most stuff with soft capped or hard capped values which shows how broken the rules are that silly decisions need to be implement to "balance" things again, like spellpower which lead to melee power and ranged power everywhere which lead to reaper
    psykopeta is finally baconpletionist because there isn't anything to delay it more - thelanis, where the gimps claim to be pros and noobs claim to be pros, no newbies allowed(unless they claim to be pros), we have enough drama w/o them. PS: I post only in the latest thread shown in main page, in the weird case u want something from me, feel free to send pm

Quote Originally Posted by yfernbottom View Post
    I think offhand doubleshot in Inq. needs a nerf. However, in my experience it takes a lot of doubleshot for it to really pull ahead of multiclass repeater / great X-bow builds that have been in the game for years, so I don't think it needs to be nerfed from orbit as some seem to.

I like Inq. over high end multi-class repeater/ Great-Xbow builds for several reasons:

1. You can get high end ranged DPS on a much wider variety of builds. A high end repeater build is locked into at least two out of three particular trees, and you will be giving up the potential for a class capstone.
    2. You don't have to listen to a freaking repeater all the time through most of heroics.
    3. It gives light and heavy crossbows a reason to exist.
    4. You don't have to listen to a ?@%$$$! repeater all the ^*&!Q^&^** time.

If the point is to nerf Inq. at the really high end of potential DS, but leave it pretty much alone in heroics I'm all for a nerf. If an adjustment to 2hF and perhaps bows also comes down the pipe with it, even better.

If Inq. gets nerfed so hard that no sane player would ever use it, I'll be disappointed. I think it's a fun tree with a neat theme.
    IKR!

Light and Heavy Crossbow weapon sound is the most soothing sound in the entire game.
    It's almost ASMR-like.

Repeater's constant Plink-Plink-Plink noise is DDO's equivalent of Chinese water torture.
    Same deal with Gxbows Thadunk sound. Goddamn annoyance.

Cant say the nerf is or isnt improving the game when we dont even know what the nerf is yet.

What I **can** say is there is a pattern over the years of the pendulum swinging too far in the other direction. This is in part why many of the things that were revamped-then-nerfed in the past due to the same type of overwhelming ForumDDO™ demands for nerfs, are not part of the META currently. They do all this work making something current only to have it slink back into something close to irrelevance.

Having observed this pattern enough times is what makes people wary of nerfs. Not the idea of nerfing itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast