Default Remove Everstar Sunburst animation

The Everstar is a quality of life improvement for Inquisitives because it's 100% returning ammo. However, it's a detrimental QOL for melee because melee are constantly blinded by the Sunburst animation which is super annoying, especially during raids. Remove the Sunburst animation to restore QOL to melee. The Sunburst proc is already negligible damage and won't be missed.
    Kobeyashi | Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    The Everstar is a quality of life improvement for Inquisitives because it's 100% returning ammo. However, it's a detrimental QOL for melee because melee are constantly blinded by the Sunburst animation which is super annoying, especially during raids. Remove the Sunburst animation to restore QOL to melee. The Sunburst proc is already negligible damage and won't be missed.
    Just change the animation to match everbright, its much less invasive and gives the same type of effect of it being a burst of light damage. Seeing as the "sunburst" on everstar isn't an actual sunburst.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Added even later: Ignore this add, I am the dumb.

Community Member

Good news! Just in a couple weeks with update 45 the problem should be solved as everyone TR into something else. Yay!

More seriously, yeah, this would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpone View Post
    I wouldn't want it removed completely just replace the animation with something less stressful on the eyes.
    I really like that it instakills eyes in Age of Rage and stuff xD

Systems Designer

Sure thing, I'll flip it out to something less intrusive.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamani View Post
    Just change the animation to match everbright, its much less invasive and gives the same type of effect of it being a burst of light damage. Seeing as the "sunburst" on everstar isn't an actual sunburst.
    it’s not? How is it different ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Thank you.
    Kobeyashi | Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    This is a great change. Last time I played melee was a monk, and the animation did get annoying. Thanks!

Lynnabel, while you're at it, could you change the Eldritch Knight Arcane Barrier's animation as well? It is VERY intrusive...
    Something to like a blue shining outline on the character...

Thanks
    Jaigle- Jaizle - Zhentas - Envie - EE solo album - Youtube Channel
    ex Devourer player

Community Member

I play an inquisitor and I absolutely hate the effect even at a distance myself.

The flash/size of it is annoying enough, but the biggest problem is the alpha blending layer is drawn before other stuff, so mobs inside of the sphere are invisible while its flashing. You literally can't even tell which mobs are alive inside of the area while it's going off... which is EXTREMELY dangerous on reapers.

I wouldn't care if it had no effect at all. As long as it isn't making things worse.

On a side note, I appreciate that the bolts are infinite... but honestly I think all summoned bolts should be. While leveling, summoned bolts are just a hassle for no good reason. I think they should just work the same as arrows do. Or, at the very least, make them stack higher.. including flame arrow bolts too.