Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default I have the solution to balance the whole game.

Since wizards can dps, cc and self heal just copy the wiz enhance trees and past to every class.

Change the name of the abilities and spells to reflect the class.

Like barbarian mass hold should be called "ugly barb scare the mobs so hard that they cant move".

Your welcome.

Is SSG hiring?

water sorcs could be pail masters

rogues could be eldritch nights

rangers could be larch mages

thank you, i'll be here all week

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nevergiveup356 View Post
    Since wizards can dps, cc and self heal just copy the wiz enhance trees and past to every class.

Like barbarian mass hold should be called "ugly barb scare the mobs so hard that they cant move".

Your welcome.

Is SSG hiring?

Nope. Wizard is a free class. To make this work you need a tree from a p2w class. Or maybe a p2w universal tree. I wonder if there is such a thing....

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pyed-Pyper View Post
    Nope. Wizard is a free class. To make this work you need a tree from a p2w class. Or maybe a p2w universal tree. I wonder if there is such a thing....
    They could charge you for every spell you cast too.

It is better we stop giving them ideas.

Community Member

They could charge you for every spell you cast too.
    Penny Arcade beat you to it :/

They don't ever touch old stuff
    and the reason is because it won't make them money, lol.
    The problem with focusing on the most extreme of players is that that group will only get smaller and smaller... Oof
    You know you have a problem when a virtual fantasy game ruins your concept of real world money and its value.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goalt View Post
    They don't ever touch old stuff
    and the reason is because it won't make them money, lol.
    They changed pm so now it can be healed with positive spells.

They changed sorcs so now then can nuke in r10.

They made a ranged class that a first life can solo r10s.

They change old stuff, if caster or ranged they buff it if melee they nerf it.

Community Member Oghma_Infinium's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kinerd View Post
    water sorcs could be pail masters
    rogues could be eldritch nights
    rangers could be larch mages
    thank you, i'll be here all week
    Warforged can be Pale Master too, so ..... let's dive into non-sense
    There is no genius without a touch of madness. Doubt is the key to knowledge. No child has sinner heart.
    Mastering a weapon is knowing how & when to not use it. No law forbid you to be stupid.

The only thing that can truly balance the entire game is to remove multiclassing; buffing/nerfing one class can severely influence the playstyle of many multiclass builds, making some builds obsolete while making others grossly overpowered. For example, if you were to add some blatantly overpowered abilities in the fighter's kensei tree, you would have multiclass barbarian, eldritch knight wizard, and warpriest cleric builds popping up all using it. This is exceptionally difficult with universal enhancement trees in the mix.

Of course, we know multiclassing is here to stay, so balance can never be achieved.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    The only thing that can truly balance the entire game is to remove multiclassing; buffing/nerfing one class can severely influence the playstyle of many multiclass builds, making some builds obsolete while making others grossly overpowered. For example, if you were to add some blatantly overpowered abilities in the fighter's kensei tree, you would have multiclass barbarian, eldritch knight wizard, and warpriest cleric builds popping up all using it. This is exceptionally difficult with universal enhancement trees in the mix.

Of course, we know multiclassing is here to stay, so balance can never be achieved.
    No, kill the build diversity is bad.

That's one of the reasons that the game is dead.

Barb has that ability already.

It's called "Visage of terror".

Kill mobs around you or paralyze them of successful save.

I call it: "PEEK A BO!"

Community Member

Build diversity isn't dead, the problem stems with the players. Most notably the "I need to be the power gamer" players. As someone who doesn't usually play with anyone other than my wife I can tell you if YOU chose to, you could run a fun build that gets the job done. However most of DDO's player base over the years basically force themselves to play the highest meta classes, for any number of reasons, but usually so they can zerg through the content as fast as possible. And as soon as something comes along that disrupts what they are used to, those players call for nerfs.

Given where the game is at I would go back and personally look at some of the REALLY old content/spells/and abilities that maybe got a huge nerf a long time agao and maybe undo or at least adjust it to back in line with the more updated game.

A prime example would be something like Wail of the Banshee. It used to be castable every 8 seconds on a wizard (4-6 on a sorc, I never played sorc back then), and effected everything in range, no cap on targets. Then it was nerfed to 30 seconds, and finally 60 seconds, and THEN nerfed to it's current state.

I would probably leave the targets effected/spell effect the am now but either bump it up to 30 seconds cooldown or even the every 8 seconds. Or we could go hog wild and revert it back to the way it was (especially given how many mobs NOW are immune to Insta-kill effects with perma deathblock if they are a champion).

Karnasis (Human Wizard, Pale Master, Level 27), Taldall (Half-Orc, Monk- Perpetually abandoned)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kabaon View Post
    Build diversity isn't dead, the problem stems with the players. Most notably the "I need to be the power gamer" players. As someone who doesn't usually play with anyone other than my wife I can tell you if YOU chose to, you could run a fun build that gets the job done. However most of DDO's player base over the years basically force themselves to play the highest meta classes, for any number of reasons, but usually so they can zerg through the content as fast as possible. And as soon as something comes along that disrupts what they are used to, those players call for nerfs.

Given where the game is at I would go back and personally look at some of the REALLY old content/spells/and abilities that maybe got a huge nerf a long time agao and maybe undo or at least adjust it to back in line with the more updated game.

A prime example would be something like Wail of the Banshee. It used to be castable every 8 seconds on a wizard (4-6 on a sorc, I never played sorc back then), and effected everything in range, no cap on targets. Then it was nerfed to 30 seconds, and finally 60 seconds, and THEN nerfed to it's current state.

I would probably leave the targets effected/spell effect the am now but either bump it up to 30 seconds cooldown or even the every 8 seconds. Or we could go hog wild and revert it back to the way it was (especially given how many mobs NOW are immune to Insta-kill effects with perma deathblock if they are a champion).
    Yeah i can play any build no matter how gimp it is that my bot acc never can outkill me.

No matter the quest, he stand at entracence of every quest and i can shiny like a God.

I hate when i have to join groups to raid mostly and those other guys playing op builds keep bullying me.

Sorry but I'm gonna have to say no thank you. This 'solution' sounds boring af.

Make everything the same so that your choices don't matter.

Why not take it further? Remove our choices and have the game level up for us. I mean, letting us choose means we might pick something flavorful instead of optimal, or even something that is optimal in one situation but not in others. That is imbalance. Every choice must be optimal in every situation otherwise there will be imbalance! All fighters will not be built exactly the same way, as will all wizards, and they will actually be identical to each other mechanically, they will just appear different on a shallow first glance..

Sure, name things differently, let them draw on different stats, but make sure they function exactly the same and use those stats in the same way and make sure everyone's "main" stat is their highest, that way when a wizard and a fighter use their low cost attack it costs the same and does the same damage, even though they have different animations, different names, and use different stats (but of course the fighters main stat and the wizards main stat, Str and Int, are both high, and equal). You can even make the abilities cost different resources, like stamina vs spell points. But of course, a fighters stamina and a wizards spell points must be the same otherwise there will be an imbalance. So they will booth increase based on the characters main stat as well, and the game will increase it for us so it remains balanced (the same).

Now the only difference will be the characters actual level. This way everyone at the same level is perfectly balanced against each other. The only difference other than cosmetic will be individual player skill.

Sorry, but this sounds boring af. No thanks.

Community Member

Yeah i can play any build no matter how gimp it is that my bot acc never can outkill me.

No matter the quest, he stand at entracence of every quest and i can shiny like a God.

I hate when i have to join groups to raid mostly and those other guys playing op builds keep bullying me.
    Who really cares? Honestly the only people who would care about your build are going to be people that care about DPS. Without a dps meter no one will know.

Beyond that, nerfing stuff because it's top tier is dumb, because something will replace it, and we'll start this same process all over again. No one will ever be happy.

Karnasis (Human Wizard, Pale Master, Level 27), Taldall (Half-Orc, Monk- Perpetually abandoned)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kabaon View Post
    Who really cares? Honestly the only people who would care about your build are going to be people that care about DPS. Without a dps meter no one will know.

Beyond that, nerfing stuff because it's top tier is dumb, because something will replace it, and we'll start this same process all over again. No one will ever be happy.
    My suggestion makes all classes top tier like wizard.

Community Member

Balance the game? Easy peasy, just make everyone a Barb with no way of self healing like it used to be. Fun, fun,fun.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Strider1963 View Post
    Balance the game? Easy peasy, just make everyone a Barb with no way of self healing like it used to be. Fun, fun,fun.
    Thats all melee builds in r10 but monk and EK.

Your welcome.

Is SSG hiring?
    So essentially you want to make the game JUST like DnD version 4.0.

• It's not like 4.0 was a bad idea
    • It's not like 4.0 was the least popular version of DnD ever
    • It's not like 4.0 EXPLODED the growth of Pathfinder
    • It's not like they failed so hard on what players wanted that they ended up crowd sourcing the DnD Next

Yeah totally good idea.

/sarcasm

Just in case it's not clear I am a very big not signed.
    Last edited by SiliconScout; 01-10-2020 at 07:24 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiliconScout View Post
    So essentially you want to make the game JUST like DnD version 4.0.

• It's not like 4.0 was a bad idea
    • It's not like 4.0 was the least popular version of DnD ever
    • It's not like 4.0 EXPLODED the growth of Pathfinder
    • It's not like they failed so hard on what players wanted that they ended up crowd sourcing the DnD Next

Yeah totally good idea.

/sarcasm

Just in case it's not clear I am a very big not signed.
    We took 5 hours to kill 4 pallys in a pnp session once.

I left at 4am and never played 4.0 again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast