Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    An undisclosed location. I asked my captors but they remain tight lipped.

Inqui was alright... I only used it once and the 2020 redesign was predicted. It's like a "Purchase now and receive Super Inqui status for a limited time only."
    Alchemist is next.
    Purchase [Latest pre-balance Enhancement/ Class Tree] for super phenomenal cosmic power*!

I don't think it's disingenuous, though... so long as we don't end up with 4 ubur smurf** builds a year, all with a half-life of 3 months/ until the next release, in an ongoing series.

*Limited time only.
    **Requires an obscure gear item from an old adventure pack (Regular price) to attain Ubur Smurf status.
    Sometimes I'm too clever for my own good. Bear in mind I'm probably trying to be humorous. Like dodge, it's hit or miss.// Looking for a guild on Orien? Send a tell or mail to Magnifique to join the "Fidelic Brotherhood".

Community Member

C'mon now. We are supposed to be experienced gamers. If it's too good to be true, expect the nerf bat.

It's why I haven't even bothered to use the Inquis tree. I'm only surprised it lasted this long.

The good thing is: we started with two daggers, got 2 crossbows, but after two greatswords, two spells at the same time, two bows and two guitars we might finally run out of options and one day we'll see new weapons/fighting styles in ddo.

Quote Originally Posted by Gniewomir View Post
    The good thing is: we started with two daggers, got 2 crossbows, but after two greatswords, two spells at the same time, two bows and two guitars we might finally run out of options and one day we'll see new weapons/fighting styles in ddo.
    Dual halflings, duh, it was asked from day 1.

Combat Style: Halfling.

- You are now an adept at flinging and swiping small races at your targets.

Improved Halfling.

- Your halflings may now wield extra weapons.

Dual-halfling:

- You may now wield two halflings but your 2nd halfling may not doublestrike or wield another weapon or another halfling.

Perfect-halfling:

- Halflings you wield are now hasted and gain +10% alacrity.
    Last edited by janave; 01-09-2020 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by janave View Post

Improved Halfling.

Dual-halfling:

- You may now wield two halflings but your 2nd halfling may not doublestrike or wield another weapon or another halfling.

Perfect-halfling:

You forgot about epic feat:

Gargantuan halfling:

- you look like a human and receive all human traits (in fact YOU ARE human, but shhhh, it's the cheapest solution)

Community Member

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunan View Post
    Another bait and switch by this company surprises who? They have sucked every penny they could from Inqi sales that that could, time to nerf the favorite builds so they can sell the new thing that will be OP as long as it sells. Nothing new here
    Yep, completely agree. Really ****es me off. They flat out say Inq is fine, I buy it, and now I see it is getting nerfed because a new class is coming out. Pathetic.

I also don't get why these people don't join the Daybreak All Access Membership or have a SSG All Access Membership, where we get access to LOTRO, DDO, and AC2 (if they can bring it back).
    I just can't sub to this game for the price they want, compared to what I get with the Daybreak Pass. I still play (and spend money on) Planetside 2, DCUO, and EQ2 just because they are all part of that pass.
    Last edited by TehLexinator; 01-09-2020 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by janave View Post

Improved Halfling.

Dual-halfling:

Perfect-halfling:

Pfft.
    Dual gnomes will be the meta: you can invest in their gnomehancement tree so, not only are they light (finnesable) blunt objects, they have a 10/20/30% chance of casting colorspray with each hit. Wands of fireballs will be optional, too for taking out those hard to reach kobold shamans.
    Sometimes I'm too clever for my own good. Bear in mind I'm probably trying to be humorous. Like dodge, it's hit or miss.// Looking for a guild on Orien? Send a tell or mail to Magnifique to join the "Fidelic Brotherhood".

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MistaMagic View Post
    Well to all you people screaming for it please note that the powers that be have granted your wish as it will be happening in U45 which should be available next week on Lam
    I guess now's the time all the current inqui players need to scream and whine as obnoxiously and loudly as possible on the Lama forums to get the nerfs minimized and keep the tree useful across all levels (we dont want to get Monked)....because that's how SSG works, after all.

SSG - Greasing the squeakiest wheel since 2017.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    There is no shortage of content in this game for the weakest 5% of players.

For most content, they have three difficulties designed solely for them, Casual, Normal and Hard.

We could always do three with an extra ski-boxing arm.

Community Member

Cough,
    After 2 comes 3
    Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    There is no shortage of content in this game for the weakest 5% of players.

For most content, they have three difficulties designed solely for them, Casual, Normal and Hard.

Quote Originally Posted by goldgolem View Post
    SSG: Its not OP
    SSG: oh whats that? the new class is ready?
    SSG: Its OP
    Actually the post I saw wasnt them saying they spent a ton of hours balancing it, they stated they spent those hours making sure it was where they wanted it to be ---and of course, everyone assumes that means "balanced with everything else."

It doesnt sell like hotcakes when its balanced with everything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

THF

Two Halfling Fighting

If each halfling is TWFing that will effectively give every THFer 4x weapons.

If that sounds absurd, we already dual wield two crossbows with a rune arm also equipped.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago. Note - This was posted in 10/2013 (when concurrency was ~4x what it is today)

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

Inquisitive is just fine on most builds. It's only a few that seriously overperform. I hope that SSG is going to cut off the top end at cap a bit and leave the leveling goodness (Heroic AND Epic leveling) alone.

Everyone has a few classes that they love and a few classes that they don't enjoy nearly as much. Inquisitive lets you get through those "meh" lives with a lot less pain.
    No one in the world ever gets what they want
    And that is beautiful
    Everybody dies frustrated and sad
    And that is beautiful

Community Member

Inquisitive is fine. Leave it alone. Many people play solo for reasons as far apart as ADHD to RL to timezone problems. If you want a 'help eachother group'. Post an LFM saying so or just stay anon with your discord mates.
    TBH i bought inquis 2 weeks ago and it's made me play more, join groups more and enjoy playing more. For non uber have it all players it's a godsend. BTW I can still trap and umd soul stones. Same as the PM update it's allowing players to enjoy DDO more.
    Now just stop with the nerf please. Oh and i still die as other inqs i've played with.
    Just awestruck, wether it be a Dragon flying overhead Stormreach, that glowing character who just zoomed in'n'out of the Pub, or that i can drink a Beholder under the table and best of all rescuing Damsels in distress.

Character. Alivef 1 x heroic completionist (+a few more pl's) 1 x epic completionist, and some iconic and racial pl's
    Server Thelanis

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HungarianRhapsody View Post
    Inquisitive is just fine on most builds. It's only a few that seriously overperform. I hope that SSG is going to cut off the top end at cap a bit and leave the leveling goodness (Heroic AND Epic leveling) alone.

Everyone has a few classes that they love and a few classes that they don't enjoy nearly as much. Inquisitive lets you get through those "meh" lives with a lot less pain.
    My thought too - I'm hoping its a very targeted, measured change specific to just the overperforming mechanics at endgame, and they dont just scorched-earth nerf the whole tree like taking the 30% Alacrity off the T5 or something.

My suggestion would be reduce the Law scaling to 100% - that shouldnt affect most builds before L28 since you're not getting huge amounts of RP, but it will help curb the growth of DPS at endgame since both that and Sneak die scale highly on RP. But we'll see next week, I guess. They'll probably do something like make Doubleshot only 33% effective -_-
    Last edited by droid327; 01-09-2020 at 11:29 AM.

Systems Designer

Players: "Inquis is so OP it's ruining the game"

The Dev Team: Alrighty, we'll be making balance adjustments to it as part of a larger overhaul in which we rework tanks, paladins, adjust stealth mechanics, rework Two-Handed Fighting, and release a new class

Players: "this is clearly a heinous scheme and your ulterior motives are pure evil"

Real talk you'll be able to see all of the above and more on Lamannia shortly, and we'd really appreciate feedback there (as well as anywhere else you can swing it). Even if you're just here to cackle madly and tell everyone you totally saw this coming, definitely use the Lamannia forums when the threads are posted as well to ensure that we get a good spread of feedback
    Last edited by Lynnabel; 01-09-2020 at 11:29 AM.
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post

The Dev Team: Alrighty, we'll be making balance adjustments to it as part of a larger overhaul in which we rework tanks, paladins, adjust stealth mechanics, rework Two-Handed Fighting, and release a new class

Players: "this is clearly a heinous scheme and your ulterior motives are pure evil"

Real talk you'll be able to see all of the above and more on Lamannia shortly, and we'd really appreciate feedback there (as well as anywhere else you can swing it). Even if you're just here to cackle madly and tell everyone you totally saw this coming, definitely use the Lamannia forums when the threads are posted as well to ensure that we get a good spread of feedback
    You've had that post prepared for a week just waiting, didn't you

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post

I'm honestly surprised we didn't get a 'this is what we're planning with alchemist' thread in the official discussions forum, but it's going straight to Lammania. Not complaining, just surprised.

Also, I immediately thought of this image, when I read your post.
    Primary Home: Argonnessen
    Also known as: Archarias, Ishtaris, Arthies, Artharias, Astanius, and Fidgity.
    "Elder brains are a lot like bouncy castles. They just sit there, but if you jump up and down on them, things get interesting real quick." ~FlimsyFirewood

Systems Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Jerevth View Post
    You've had that post prepared for a week just waiting, didn't you
    N-no. Of course not. No. Heavens no.

>_>

<_<

>_>

Quote Originally Posted by HastyPudding View Post
    I'm honestly surprised we didn't get a 'this is what we're planning with alchemist' thread in the official discussions forum, but it's going straight to Lammania. Not complaining, just surprised.
    Alchemist is so cool and out there that we really wanted people's first impressions to be in the game, trying it out for themselves. We've been working pretty tirelessly on polishing it up for you, and hopefully it sticks the landing
    100% radical, enthusiasm enthusiast.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast