Default Trying to return. Characters wiped?

Hi.
    I'm trying to return but I get a mssg "no account found" when I try to log in.
    An alt account is still there but all the toons have been deleted it seems.

Did they wipe everything?

I'd like to return and would be disappointed to say the least if my 30 extra character slots, guild ship, and countless other perks, upgrades, packs, and inventories etc are gone.

Put in a ticket but so far no response.

Thanks and Happy New Year all.

Nothing gets deleted, as far as I know. The login for game is the same as the forum login. Weird, you found an alt account, but the toons were not there? Hmmm, technically I guess accounts get deleted if you get perma-banned, but it wouldnt let you log into the alt account at all then.

Good luck, ticket times seem to be very very slow lately. On the alt account, did you try all the servers? Maybe you logged into the wrong one?

Thought it seems like you lost your forum name way back in the day, https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...Name?p=4992803
    Maybe try both usernames?
    Last edited by Mindos; 01-08-2020 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    Nothing gets deleted, as far as I know. The login for game is the same as the forum login. Weird, you found an alt account, but the toons were not there? Hmmm, technically I guess accounts get deleted if you get perma-banned, but it wouldnt let you log into the alt account at all then.
    Characters are only deleted if the person was caught cheating. They get deleted + permanently banned. The login is the same as forum, yes. Any accounts that were previously banned, stay banned. Nothing is ever cleared from the administrators as far as I aware.

Good luck, ticket times seem to be very very slow lately. On the alt account, did you try all the servers? Maybe you logged into the wrong one?
    I've had a ticket open for 5 days now. I drank a 50 potion at WPM, then TR'd and it disappeared, still no response. VERY VERY slow.
    Inquisitives weren't nerfed, change my mind.
    Proud member of Wacks R Us
    Costume: H: 0 I: 0 R: 1 E: 0 REAPER: 11

Thank you Mindos.
    No I wasn't banned.
    I left in a huff a few years ago "never to return" but now I'm jonesing for some DDO again

Glad to hear there wasn't a wipe of old characters.
    I have confidence I'll get this resolved.
    Thanks!

Community Member ShifterThePirate's Avatar

Maybe you logged in on the wrong server?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenser View Post
    Thank you Mindos.
    No I wasn't banned.
    I left in a huff a few years ago "never to return" but now I'm jonesing for some DDO again

Glad to hear there wasn't a wipe of old characters.
    I have confidence I'll get this resolved.
    Thanks!
    I "quit" back in 2010/2011 timeframe and came back in late 2017 when Ravenloft was released and everything was as I left it.
    Neurik of Argo.
    8 Ranger 8 Rogue 4 Arti Inquisitor Heroic TR build--> https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...eroic-TR-build

Thanks for replies.

ShifterThePirate - Maybe. Another issue I'm having is that I'm currently using a big flat screen TV for my monitor and the DDO log-in UI is squished and tiny but the text displayed is full sized so everything is cropped and funky. I don't even see and option for switching servers. Don't know if anyone knows how to switch the log-in UI resolution (I'm pretty lousy with computer stuff)

Swimms - Good to know

Kelavas - That historically seems to many people's experience - which I won't discount or doubt - but personally I have always gotten great customer service. /shrug. I submitted a ticket yesterday and someone responded today with advice that although didn't work, I'm sure they get me up and going and the next pass or two.

See it as a sign.....
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    I play a guy with a two-hander not just in this game, but in every game that has 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by J-mann View Post
    Not to derail the thread, but then can you make 2hf NOT suck so much compared to 2wf or swf?
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    8 pages in, that train has already sailed. The dead horse is canned into cat food by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenser View Post
    I don't even see and option for switching servers.
    That doesn't come until the 2nd screen on the log-in pop-up window. You first log in to your account (you can type password and just hit Enter), then you choose your server - scroll up/down and hit Enter again. If you hit Enter twice at log-in, the second time will choose either the last server you were on or the current default (it resets occasionally).

Of course, if the account itself isn't found, you'd never get to that second screen...

However, if/once you're there, there is a large button "Transfer", to transfer Characters from one Server to another. By playing with this (it's a bit cludgey, try hitting "Select Character" before trying to choose a world), you can see what characters you have on what worlds.

GL!

Don't know if anyone knows how to switch the log-in UI resolution (I'm pretty lousy with computer stuff)
    There is none for the log-in pop-up, that would be dependent on the resolution for your monitor (or, in this case, for your TV). The in-game Options only determine what res' you have for playing the game.

The login for game is the same as the forum login.
    Not technically true. Now, it uses the same, but that wasn't always the case.

Used to be you could have one user name for the game and a diff one for the Forums. I do. But, then again, I also have 2 accounts under one game user-name. Ah, the good ol' days... :/

C-dog -
    Thanks for reply.
    Yeah, my forum and game log in are different. Old account.
    I did see a blank spot in the UI with a scroll bar and assumed it was the world-changer tab just not displaying
    After randomly clicking it and logging in i found Ghallanda and my old characters for my alt account that I thought got deleted.
    I was able to check my guild rooster(I have a solo guild) and confirm my main account characters do still exist.
    So I should be able to clear this up in a jiffy when they help my reset the password, seeing as I can't that using my borked log-in UI.
    Thanks all.

All good. I'm in.
    Ty all.
    You can close this thread.