Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 88
  1. #61
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    7

    Default down again with no warning

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    NOTE: There will not be a weekly restart on Wednesday as we are working to release a small patch for Thursday.
    why is ithe game down then? i get connecting to patch server, 33% then times out. no notification it will not be available today

  2. #62
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmchoc View Post
    why is ithe game down then? i get connecting to patch server, 33% then times out. no notification it will not be available today
    Because that was last Wednesday, not today?

    The question today is what happened, since the restarts don't usually take this long?

  3. #63
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Aren't Restarts Supposed to be an Hour.

    They must be do another patch to something that they aren't letting the community know about.

  4. #64
    Community Member Greeka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Buffalo Head Tower, AB
    Posts
    457

    Default

    Got to login, but after logging in shows all servers closed.

  5. #65
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    7

    Default

    i can actually log on now but the worlds show red (closed) so perhaps its getting there

  6. #66
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The DDO game worlds will be brought down for a weekly restart every Wednesday starting at 9:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT). The downtime typically lasts for less than an hour.
    "less than an hour"

    2 hours and 19 minutes later, still down.

  7. #67
    Community Member arminius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OhMy View Post
    "less than an hour"

    2 hours and 19 minutes later, still down.
    you missed the more relevant quote, "typically"
    __________________
    Gwyneira : Cattari : Gorobei : Berylore : Zelphia : Aanouk : Beatriice : RobotMaria : Dalrymple : Ainouk : Bearatrice
    Dragonmark Alliance : Fernia : Ghallanda

  8. #68
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arminius View Post
    you missed the more relevant quote, "typically"
    Maybe it will be down for days.

  9. #69
    Community Member arminius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justicesfury View Post
    Maybe it will be down for days.
    Maybe it will live on in our hearts, forever
    __________________
    Gwyneira : Cattari : Gorobei : Berylore : Zelphia : Aanouk : Beatriice : RobotMaria : Dalrymple : Ainouk : Bearatrice
    Dragonmark Alliance : Fernia : Ghallanda

  10. #70
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arminius View Post
    you missed the more relevant quote, "typically"
    It would actually be more relevant to re-write the original post and put "downtime typically lasts no more than a few hours"

    The scales seem to have tipped from less than an hour, to more than a few hours. Or have they ever been able to do a server restart in under an hour? I am pretty new to this game, so my knowledge base of their service downtime accuracy is quite small. So far I am unimpressed.

  11. #71
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    7

    Default looks like its up

    all worlds showing green

  12. #72
    Community Member minorpenthes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Berlin, in decadence...
    Posts
    237

    Wink Communication...

    Quote Originally Posted by OhMy View Post
    It would actually be more relevant to re-write the original post and put "downtime typically lasts no more than a few hours"

    The scales seem to have tipped from less than an hour, to more than a few hours. Or have they ever been able to do a server restart in under an hour? I am pretty new to this game, so my knowledge base of their service downtime accuracy is quite small. So far I am unimpressed.
    Well, to be fair, they are not always this bad.

    I'd say one of the bigger problems is that they do not always communicate very well with players.

    For instance, sometimes there are no updates or explanations whatsoever about why there are delays.

    Other times, there are- but not here. I seldom go on Facebook, but it is reported that at times, updates have been posted there (but not in the forums).

    I'm not trying to suggest that players need to have their hands held at all times, but it would be nice to have a head's up, now and then.

  13. #73

    Default

    Maybe the server ran into a Mimic in HCL? Hope it manages to avoid real death and comes back online soon...

  14. #74
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    18

    Unhappy Any news?

    Any news on server coming back up?

  15. #75
    Community Member Kalem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    58

    Default darn you all screwed up again

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The DDO game worlds will be brought down for a weekly restart every Wednesday starting at 9:00 AM Eastern (-5 GMT). The downtime typically lasts for less than an hour.
    You screwed up the game again. Good job devs

  16. #76
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by puberdade View Post
    Any news on server coming back up?
    Well once more a short fix has stretched painfully on and on. Thinking off coming off vip as we get no joy, no value and no respect.
    Last edited by Mister-shadow; 04-21-2021 at 08:32 PM.

  17. #77
    Community Manager
    Cordovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Boston Area, MA
    Posts
    29,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by puberdade View Post
    Any news on server coming back up?
    We are currently tracking the downtime here rather than in our weekly restart thread, but the worlds will remain unavailable overnight while we investigate and work on a game update. We currently intend to release the game update tomorrow morning.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 04-21-2021 at 08:31 PM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com



  18. #78
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are currently tracking the downtime here rather than in our weekly restart thread, but the worlds will remain unavailable overnight while we investigate and work on a game update. We currently intend to release the game update tomorrow morning.
    I live in Australia, overnight means nothing with different time zones a minimum of....hours would be a lot more helpful!@

  19. #79
    Chaotic Evil Mindos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Pocket Pita Plane
    Posts
    3,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister-shadow View Post
    I live in Australia, overnight means nothing with different time zones a minimum of....hours would be a lot more helpful!@
    Roughly 12 hours from now, with a downtime maybe of a few hours starting then, so projecting game up and running 16 hours from now...ish....

  20. #80
    Community Member fatherpirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We are currently tracking the downtime here rather than in our weekly restart thread, but the worlds will remain unavailable overnight while we investigate and work on a game update. We currently intend to release the game update tomorrow morning.
    There is one thing I still do not understand.
    Why do you even bother to turn off the LAM test server?

    Now if you dropping a new build on it, well of course you do a wipe but there
    is no downside to keeping the server up otherwise.

    It would give you a LOT more feedback on whatever the current build is.
    More info should be better.

    It just doesn't make sense.
    When this game is gone, I will not cry a single tear. It is just part of the circle of life.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload